Heriot-Watt University’s Rankings in the World & in UK
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Students in Malaysia who are interested in obtaining top ranking UK degree without having to go overseas can choose to study at one of the best Foreign university branch campuses located in Malaysia. Heriot-Watt University Malaysia offers the same high-quality education provided in the UK. Heriot-Watt University Malaysia students have the choice to benefit from an international experience for part of their studies, joining students in Edinburgh or Dubai for part of their degree programme. Check out the rankings for Heriot-Watt University so that you can make a good decision on your further studies.
Heriot-Watt University has been commended by the UK Quality Assurance Agency for the quality of its educational programmes and the strength of its partnership with students. The job market is competitive and students wanting an edge should choose a top rank university in Malaysia to equip them with outstanding skills and critical knowledge to be successful. Students can obtain a top ranked UK education at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia. Scholarships are available to deserving students and the PTPN Loan is also available
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
UK Top Ranked Foreign University Branch Campus in Malaysia – Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
With a history dating back to 1821, Heriot-Watt University has a long tradition of excellence and a proven track record in educating, inspiring and challenging the professionals of tomorrow. Heriot-Watt University is one of the top UK universities for business and industry and has an established reputation for world-class teaching and practical, leading-edge research.
Heriot-Watt University’s Malaysian campus brings high quality British education within easy reach of students in the South East Asia region and beyond. Heriot-Watt University enjoys an established reputation for world-class teaching and practical, leading-edge research.
In addition, to find out more about the list of courses offered at top ranked Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, you may go to this link or please WhatsApp 01111408838 for the latest Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Prospectus. Students interested in registering at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, please go to this link. Affordable hostel accommodation is provided at safe and conducive condominiums in Cyberjaya with free bus shuttle to and from Heriot-Watt University Malaysia.
Furthermore, scholarships are available at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia to deserving Malaysian students who have achieved high results in their SPM, STPM, O-Levels, A-Levels, UEC, SAM, AUSMAT, MUFY, CIMP or other Pre-University examinations. Students may also apply for the PTPN Loan for the degree programmes at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia.
The list of top rankings for Heriot-Watt University provides evidence to Malaysian students wanting a top UK education.
Heriot-Watt University is a Top Ranked University in the UK and in the World
Choosing to study at a top ranked foreign branch campus in Malaysia has its benefits. Students have access to first class lecturers and facilities at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia. The lecturers at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia are qualified and meet the stringent requirements of the main campus in UK. The lecturers undergo hiring process through the UK campus. In addition, the syllabus of the Malaysian campus is exactly the same at the UK campus.
Being a top ranked UK university means that the standards of teaching and learning are high. Malaysian students experience high quality UK education at an affordable cost in Malaysia. The high rank also means that Heriot-Watt University is well known worldwide allowing graduates ease in access to global employment.
Heriot-Watt University UK & World Rankings & Achievements
- Heriot-Watt has been named International University of the Year by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
- THE’s Golden Age University Rankings measures universities established between 1945 and 1967 for their teaching, research, citations, international outlook and industry income. Heriot-Watt is ranked 55th out of 200 institutions, from 44 countries in the Times Higher Education Golden Age Rankings 2018
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 352nd in the world, 40th in UK and 7th in Scotland for the QS World’s Top Universities. This places the university in the top 4%, based on approximation of at least 10,000 universities in the world
- Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018 Heriot Watt is Ranked in the top 400 universities worldwide (351-400). Heriot-Watt is ranked 41st in the world, 15th in the UK and 3rd in Scotland for our international outlook.
- Heriot-Watt has been ranked 47th in world, 3rd in UK, and 1st in Scotland, in the QS world ranking of universities under 50 years of age.
- THE’s ‘Table of Tables’ is the combined results of the three main UK university league tables – the Good University Guide (published by The Times and The Sunday Times), The Guardian and The Complete University Guide.In the Table of Tables 2015: Heriot-Watt is placed 25th in the UK – rising from 28th the previous year
- 63rd in the world, 10th in the UK and 2nd in Scotland in The Times Higher Education ‘100 Under 50’ 2013 (University Royal Charter awarded in 1966).
- 22nd in the world, based on the ‘international outlook’ indicator in the World University Rankings in the Times Higher Education – World’s Most International Universities.
- Scottish University of the Year 2012-13 (and 2011-12) and UK University of the Year for Student Experience 2012-13 by the Sunday Times.
Heriot-Watt University Ranking in Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016-17
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 9th in the UK for industry income, based on the value of industry research income per member of academic staff.
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 39th in the world, 13th in the UK and 2nd in Scotland for our international outlook, a score based on the percentage of the university’s international staff, the level of international co-authorship of academic papers and the percentage of international students studying with the University.
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 19th in UK for highest percentage of international students (42%).
- Heriot-Watt University Ranking in the Times Higher Education ‘Table of Tables’
- THE’s ‘Table of Tables’ is the combined results of the three main UK university league tables – the Good University Guide (published by The Times and The Sunday Times), The Guardian and The Complete University Guide.
- In the Table of Tables 2015: Heriot-Watt is placed 27th in the UK and 3rd in Scotland
Heriot-Watt University Ranking in the Guardian University Guide 2019
- Ranked 66th in the UK and 8th in Scotland.
- 8th in the UK for Improvements in Spend per Student.
- Top 10 in UK for Building and Town & Country Planning, Economics and Engineering-Mechanical.
- 1st in Scotland for Building and Town & Country Planning, Chemistry and Engineering-Mechanical.
- 2nd in Scotland for Accounting & Finance.
Heriot-Watt University Ranking in the Guardian University Guide 2018
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 26th in the UK and 4th in Scotland
- 2nd in UK for Building and Town & Country Planning
- 3rd the UK for Economics
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked Top ten in UK for for Accounting & Finance and Business Management & Marketing
- Heriot-Watt University is 1st in Scotland Accounting & Finance, Building and Town & Country Planning, Economics and Chemical Engineering
- 2nd in Scotland for six subjects: Chemistry and Mechanical Engineering.
The Times / The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
- Overall, 39th out of 129 institutions in the UK and 5th in Scotland
- 3rd in the UK for Building
- 5th in the UK for Chemical Engineering
- 8th in the UK for General Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and for Town & Country Planning & Landscape
- Top in Scotland for Building, Chemical Engineering, and joint top in Mechanical Engineering
Heriot-Watt University Ranking in The Complete University Guide 2019
- 35th in the UK and 6th in Scotland
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 1st in Scotland and 2nd in the UK for Building
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked in the top ten in the UK for 2 of their subject areas – Building (2nd) and Town & Country Planning (4th)
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked in the top quartile in the UK for 7 subjects – Accounting & Finance, Art & Design, Building, Computer Science, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, and Town & Country Planning
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 3rd in the UK and are top in Scotland for the amount spent on student facilities.
Heriot-Watt University Ranking in The Complete University Guide 2018
- 28th in the UK and 3rd in Scotland
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 1st in Scotland and 2nd in the UK for Building
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked in the top ten in the UK for 3 of our subject areas – Building (2nd), Chemical Engineering (8th), and Town & Country Planning (7th)
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked in the top 25% in the UK for 10 subjects – Accounting & Finance, Art & Design, Building, Business & Management Studies, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Mathematics, and Mechanical Engineering
National Student Survey 2017
The National Student Survey (NSS) is a survey which gathers honest feedback from final year undergraduates, studying full time.
- At least 80% of students were satisfied overall with their course in 14 of our 21 subject areas
- 1st in Scotland for Chemistry
- 4th in the UK and 1st in Scotland for Mechanical Engineering, with 93% of students satisfied overall with their course
- Economics – 92% of students were satisfied overall with their course
- Civil Engineering – 91% of students were satisfied overall with their course
- In the UK top 10 for Planning
- 2nd in Scotland for Mathematics & Statistics, with 93% of students satisfied overall with their course
Times Higher Education – ‘100 Under 50’ World University Ranking 2015
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 77th in the world, 10th the UK
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 11th in the world and first in Scotland, based on the ‘international outlook’ indicator from THE World University Rankings. This indicator examines a university’s international student numbers, its percentage of international staff and the proportion of its research papers published with a co-author from at least one other country.
Heriot-Watt University Ranking in the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- Heriot-Watt University Ranking Overall, 37th out of 128 institutions in the UK and 4th in Scotland
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked Top Ten in the UK for Building, Town & Country Planning and Landscape and General Engineering
- Heriot-Watt University is Top in Scotland for Building, Chemical Engineering, Town & Country Planning and Landscape, and top 3 in Scotland for: Art & Design, Chemistry, Economics, General Engineering, Mathematics and German.
Heriot-Watt University Ranking in QS World’s University Rankings 2019
The QS World University Rankings table has been published annually since 2004. It features more than 1000 universities with each measured on a variety of factors including academic reputation and employer reputation.
Heriot-Watt University is ranked 302nd in the world, 39th in UK and 7th in Scotland
Heriot-Watt University Ranking in the QS Top 50 under 50 2015
- A ranking of the world’s top 50 universities established within the last 50 years.
- 34th in the world, 3rd in the UK and 1st in Scotland.
Heriot-Watt University Ranking in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017
- Top 150 worldwide for Chemical Engineering, and Civil and Structural Engineering
- Top 200 worldwide for Statistics & Operational Research (Actuarial Mathematics and Statistics)
- Ranked in the top universities worldwide for 11 subjects: Linguistics; Computer Science and information Systems; Chemical Engineering; Civil and Structural Engineering; Electrical Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Chemistry; Mathematics; Physics and Astronomy; Business and Management Studies; Statistics and Operational Research (Actuarial Mathematics and Statistics).
Academic Ranking of World Universities 2017
- Heriot-Watt is ranked in the top 500 in the world (ranked 401-500) and in the UK top 40 (ranked 35-38) by the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2017.
- Heriot Watt has been listed for nine subjects in the Global Ranking of Academic Subjects:
- In the top 75 worldwide for Telecommunication Engineering
- In the top 150 for Civil Engineering.
- In the top 200 for Mathematics and Finance
- In the top 300 for Electrical & Electronic Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
- In the top 500 for Physics, Chemistry, and Environmental Science & Engineering.
The Economist: British University Rankings
- In 2017, The Economist released a league table which considers how much people earn five years after they graduate. Heriot-Watt ranked sixteenth of 125 UK universities.
Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014
- REF 2014 named Heriot-Watt in the top 25% of UK universities, with 82% of their research ranked as world-leading or internationally excellent. Heriot-Watt is ranked 9th university in the UK and 1st in Scotland for research impact.
Employability of Heriot-Watt University Graduates
- The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017 listed the average starting salary for a Heriot-Watt graduate as £22,362 six months after graduation which places us 35th in UK.
- 95% of Heriot-Watt students are in employment or further study within six months of graduation
Research Standards at Heriot-Watt University
The university offers the advantages of a research-led teaching environment where advances in relevant fields are reflected in the syllabus. In the 2008 RAE, 50% of the University’s research was rated as internationally excellent. Heriot-Watt had one of the highest RAE staff submission rates among Scottish universities.
The University plays a leading role in a number of Scottish research pooling initiatives including in the areas of Engineering (Scottish Research Partnership in Engineering), Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics and Marine Science.
The University has an extensive portfolio of research collaborations and is expanding this through the development of strategic alliances with key industry partners.
Heriot-Watt University delivers globally relevant and pioneering research with real impact. Our research informs policy, changes the world we live in and solves real problems for business and industry. In the REF 2014 survey of all UK universities:
- 82% of our research was found to be world-class
- we were 1st in the UK for General Engineering (joint submission with Edinburgh University)
- we were 2nd in the UK for Architecture, Built Environment and Planning (joint submission with Edinburgh University)
- we were 5th in the UK for Mathematical Sciences (joint submission with Edinburgh University).
Internationally Recognised Research at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University is recognised internationally as a centre for high calibre research in science, engineering and business, and we are one of the UK’s leading universities for cutting edge, applied research.
The university continues to attract significant research funding year on year and nearly 90% ofHeriot-Watt University academic staff are involved in research activity.
World-Leading Expertise at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University’s expertise in science and engineering is considered world leading and we are renowned for our applied and technological research and for our industry-oriented collaborative work.
Heriot-Watt University also works hard to share this expertise and participate extensively in Knowledge Transfer which helps businesses to improve their competitiveness and productivity.
Recent research in marine conservation for example has focused on marine habitat mapping for conservation purposes in the UK, Galapagos, Ecuador, Colombia and Panama alongside work to understand the impact of climate change (e.g. ocean warming and acidification) on marine species and habitats. Similar projects are being set up in Malaysia.
A Platform for Research Partnerships
The new Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Putrajaya campus will provide a dynamic platform from the creation of partnerships with other local universities through which the university can deliver research studentships and other funded research activities.
The university also hopes to work with Universities and other Higher Education Institutions in the surrounding region, particularly with those from ASEAN countries.
Key Areas of Research that Heriot-Watt University Malaysia will engage in
Examples of the areas Heriot-Watt University Malaysia expects to engage in include, sustainable development, biotechnologies, energy, water resource management, smart textiles and interior environments. It is likely that our research and knowledge transfer activities in Malaysia will reflect the six themes of the University’s core strategy which are:
- Environment and Climate Change
- Transport and Infrastructure
- Physical and Life Sciences Interface
- Modeling and Risk
- Creativity, Design and Innovation
To find out more about the list of courses offered at top ranked Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, you may go to this link. Students interested in registering at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, please go to this link. For information on hostel accommodation at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, go to this link. Scholarships are available to deserving Malaysian students who have achieved high results in their SPM, STPM, A-Levels or UEC examinations.