Top Ranked Multimedia University (MMU) in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
As the first private university approved by the Malaysian government, top ranked Multimedia University (MMU) adheres to the strictest requirements for a high quality degree. A study by Gartner and MSC Malaysia found that MMU is among the top five universities preferred by major ICT players for graduate employment — a testament to the quality of MMU’s academicians, curriculum, student development programmes and our solid reputation with the industries. In addition, Multimedia University falls within the Top 200 QS Asia University Ranking 2018 due to their holistic education and excellent academic reputation. Multimedia University (MMU) has won hundreds of awards throughout the years making it one of the Top Private Universities in Malaysia. Students can find out more about MMU’s profile, courses & financial aid in this article. For course advise and how to apply to MMU, please contact us.
For more information on the top private universities and colleges in Malaysia, WhatsApp 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced coursellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Multimedia University (MMU) Profile
Multimedia University (MMU), a tertiary education institution set up through Universiti Telekom Sdn Bhd (UTSB), a wholly owned subsidiary of TM, fulfils the noblest of corporate social responsibilities – taking up the challenge of educating the next generation the nation’s leaders and knowledge workers. As the first private university in Malaysia, MMU developed the pioneer model for the successful establishment of private universities in the nation, paving the way for the growth of the private tertiary education sector.
As the university at the heart of the MSC, MMU also serves as a catalyst for the development of the high tech ICT industry of the nation, parallel to the Silicon Valley-Stanford model in the United States.
Multimedia University offers various courses at its 3 campuses located throughout Malaysia. The campuses are supported by excellent facilities, qualified & experienced lecturers and its tuition fees are affordable as well.
- Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya campus
- Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka campus
- Multimedia University (MMU) Johor campus
As part of TM’s initiative to further develop the ICT industry in the nation as a whole, MMU serves to fulfil the nation’s human resource needs as it grows into a knowledge economy. The establishment of MMU as a research university also serves to benefit the nation’s ICT industry to be a creator and not just a consumer of technology. Through the establishment of a local private university, the nation can train its required human resources within its borders, a sound strategy from the economic management perspective.
MMU’s continued growth and sustainability is a clear indication of TM’s strong commitment towards the development of the field of education and research in the nation.
The quality of MMU lecturing is one of the highest among Malaysian universities. All academic staff in MMU use the multimedia mode of instruction. Course materials of all subjects are stored online and are accessible via the intranet at any time and place in the world. We look forward to meet the nation’s demand for excellence in education through multimedia technology. The approach combines classroom instruction, computer-based interactive multimedia learning mode as well as open interaction among academic staffs, students as well as the industry communities. We hope to create a learned community that collects, preserves and disseminates state-of-the-art knowledge in multimedia-related areas.
An Entrepreneurial University with Industry-Ready Programmes
- A Well-rounded Education
Be empowered with the fundamentals of your field of study that also incorporate entrepreneurial skills and expertise which are revlevant to your respective industries and job markets.
- Industry in Campus
Be connected and gain benefit from our state-of-the-art labs established by our industry collaboration with ZTE, Microsoft, Intel and many more.
- Ready for Industry
Be enthused with Start-up Schemes from the Entrepreneur Development Centre (EDC) to encourage innovation and entrepreneurship ventures
Financial Assistance at Multimedia University (MMU)
- Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN) is the Malaysian government body offering national educational loan for Malaysian students enrolling for Foundation, Diploma and Degree programmes. Amount of the loan is subject to PTPTN’s approval . PTPN Loan is available for Foundation programmes at Multimedia University (MMU).
- Skim Prihatin Pendidikan 1Malaysia (SPP1M) or 1Malaysia Education Caring Scheme is additional financial assistance to deserving students to pursue quality degree qualifications in identified disciplines and courses. This additional financial assistance will act as a top-up fund to their existing fun or scholarship.
- Scholarships are available to deserving students.
Conducive Learning Environment at Multimedia University (MMU)
Learning goes beyond books. At MMU, you will have all these various facilities and settings that will make learning fun, comfortable, and memorable.
- Convenient accommodation. A calm and safe base for you to re-energise yourself every day, both on-campus and within walking distance off-campus.
- Intelligent labs. High-tech labs to boost the teaching and learning process. These are the Innov8 Lab, SiRi Learning Lab, SMART Lab, and an e-Moot Court.
- Digital Libraries. Well-stocked libraries with print and digital resources to cover your reading needs and habit.
- Cutting edge mind-set. Surround yourself with like-minded individuals who are seeking for ways to best prepare themselves for a dynamic and challenging future.
- Extensive infrastructure. Computers galore, campus-wide Wi-Fi, 24-hour security, ample parking, food and drink outlets, and many others.
- Location. Cyberjaya – An intelligent city housing many high-tech firms that could one day become your workplace. Melaka – A city bustling with life and activities that is a wealth of experience to your life.
- Healthy lifestyle. Multiple sports tracks and fields, indoor sports centres, various courts and pitches, in addition to numerous clubs and societies. Olympic-sized swimming pool A swimming pool fit for champions right in the heart of Cyberjaya.
- Vibrant Campus Life. Multimedia University (MMU) keeps their beautiful campus exciting with engaging events and going-ons all year round. With over 100 clubs and societies, you can choose to practise martial arts, go dragon boating or attend an anime screening after class is over. Besides engaging with the University’s international community, student exchange programmes are also available to enhance learning experience.
Major Awards & Achievements for Multimedia University (MMU) in Malaysia and Globally
- Top 3 – Most Entrepreneurial Private University MOHE Entrepreneurial Award (MEA) 2016 The Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) introduced MOHE Entrepreneurial Awards (MEA) to act as a catalyst for the creation of a conducive entrepreneurial ecosystem and holistic entrepreneurship development in Malaysian Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in 2012. The award was adapted from the Times Higher Education “Entrepreneurial University Award of the Year’”, sponsored by the National Centre for Entrepreneurship in Education, United Kingdom.
- Top 200 in QS Asia University Ranking 2018
QS World University Rankings is an annual publication of university rankings by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS). Multimedia University falls within the Top 200 QS Asia University Ranking 2018 due to our holistic education and excellent academic reputation.
- Self-Accreditation Status Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) 2017
The Malaysian Qualifications Agency or the MQA is a statutory body in Malaysia set up under the Malaysian Qualifications Act 2007 to accredit academic programs provided by educational institutions providing post secondary or higher education and facilitate the accreditation and articulation of qualifications.
- Malaysian Firms Most Preferred IT Graduates Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific 2017
Multimedia University is committed in serving Malaysian industries and become the most preferred source of skilled knowledge workers in the field of information technology (IT), computer science and digital technologies. Produced by Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific, the report evaluated talent availability and suitability in Malaysia covering both local and foreign graduates for the country’s digital economy sector.
- 97% employability within 6 months of graduation – Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) Tracer Study & MOE Kemaskini Status Pekerjaan 2015
MMU produces industry-ready graduates who enjoy high employability among the most sought after in the industry. The 2015 surveys conducted by MMU and the Higher Education Ministry of Malaysian showed 97% of its graduates secured employment within six months of completing studies – one of the highest employment rate for a private Malaysian university. MMU nurtures entrepreneurial skills among students to ensure that they become employers if they choose in the future.
- Premier Digital Tech University Status 2017
The Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) and the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) awarded eight universities and five polytechnics with the Premier Digital Tech University and Preferred Digital Tech Polytechnic status respectively. MMU is one of seven other universities in Malaysia awarded the status
- Top 200 QS World University Ranking for Electrical & Electronic Engineering, 2015-2017
- Top 300 QS World University Ranking for Computer Science & Information Systems, 2017
- Service Section, Management System Certification Department SIRIM QAS International Sdn. Bhd. Awarded with MS ISO 9001:2015
Students Benefit from Multimedia University (MMU) Industry Collaboration
MMU has long made a way of life of welcoming with open arms any institution and organization keen to collaborate with us. Whether they’re from academia, the government, or industry, MMU is always eager to explore new ways of entering mutually-beneficial arrangements, especially when it involves innovating new methods, services and/or knowledge.
By being involved in innovation on so many fronts, MMU hopes to benefit its ultimate stakeholders and its students. Being innovators lead MMU academics into becoming better lecturers, not just at their respective subjects, but in teaching the students on how to become innovators themselves. We have found that students who innovate not only master their subjects better, but also mature faster and tend to better acquire invaluable soft skills.
This is how MMU has come to collaborate with some of the biggest names of the global industry, a veritable who’s who of the world, including ZTE, Nokia, Dell, Intel, Microsoft, Cisco and Motorola. Our work with them ensure that our students will become a new generation of innovators, regardless of how challenging the industry becomes.
Excellent Facilities & Resources
Comprehending the needs of community within the surrounding area. The facilities available vary from basic equipments (chairs, tables, sofa set, etc) to halls and rooms (Dewan Tun Canselor, Multipurpose Hall, Mini Stadium, Exam Hall, Main Hall, Lecture Hall, Theatre Hall, Classroom, Tutorial Room, Labs and Meeting Room).
List of Programmes / Courses Offered at Multimedia University (MMU)
Diploma Programmes at Multimedia University
- Diploma in 3D Modelling & Animation (Cyberjaya)
- Diploma in Digital Motion Graphic (Cyberjaya)
- Diploma in Electronic Engineering (Melaka)
- Diploma in Telecommunication Engineering (Melaka)
- Diploma in Information Technology (Melaka)
- Diploma in Business Information Systems (Melaka)
- Diploma in Information Technology (Cyberjaya)
- Diploma in Accounting (Melaka)
- Diploma in Business Administration (Melaka)
Foundation Programmes at Multimedia University
- Foundation in Engineering (Melaka and Cyberjaya)
- Foundation in Information Technology (Melaka and Cyberjaya)
- Foundation in Management (Cyberjaya)
- Foundation in Business (Melaka)
- Foundation in Law (Melaka) – Malaysians only
- Foundation in Life Sciences (Melaka)
- Foundation in Creative Multimedia (Cyberjaya)
- Foundation in English (Cyberjaya)
- Foundation in Cinematic Arts (Johor)
Engineering Programmes at Multimedia University
- BEng (Hons) Electrical (Cyberjaya)
- BEng (Hons) Electronics (Cyberjaya)
- BEng (Hons) Electronics majoring in Computer (Cyberjaya)
- BEng (Hons) Electronics majoring in Optical Engineering (Cyberjaya)
- BEng (Hons) Electronics majoring in Telecommunications (Cyberjaya)
- BEng (Hons) Electronics majoring in Nanotechnology (Cyberjaya)
- BEng (Hons) Electronics majoring in Robotics and Automation (Melaka)
- BEng (Hons) Electronics majoring in Telecommunications (Melaka)
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical (Melaka)
Information Technology Programmes at Multimedia University
- BIT (Hons) Data Communications and Networking (Melaka)
- BIT (Hons) Information Technology Management (Melaka)
- BIT (Hons) Security Technology (Melaka)
- BIT (Hons) Artificial Intelligence (Melaka)
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Bioinformatics (Melaka)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) (Cyberjaya)
Creative Multimedia Programmes at Multimedia University
- B.Mm (Hons) Interface Design (Cyberjaya)
- B.Mm (Hons) Virtual Reality (Cyberjaya)
- B.Mm (Hons) Media Arts (Cyberjaya)
- B.Mm (Hons) Animation and Visual Effects (Cyberjaya)
- B.Mm (Hons) Advertising Design (Cyberjaya)
- B. Multimedia with Education (Hons)
- Bachelor of Cinematic Arts (Hons) (Johor)
Management/Business/Law/Accounting Programmes at Multimedia University
- Bachelor of Law (Hons) (Melaka)
- Bachelor of Accounting (Hons) (Melaka)
- Bachelor of Business and Knowledge Management (Hons) (Melaka)
- BBA. (Hons) Human Resource Management (Melaka)
- BBA. (Hons) Banking & Finance (Melaka)
- BBA. (Hons) International Business (Melaka)
- BBA. (Hons) Marketing Management (Melaka)
- BBA. (Hons) Management (Cyberjaya)
- BBA. (Hons) Marketing (Cyberjaya)
- BBA. (Hons) Finance (Cyberjaya)
- Bachelor of Financial Engineering (Hons) (Cyberjaya)
- Bachelor of Accounting (Hons) (Cyberjaya)
- Bachelor of Economics (Hons) Analytical Economics (Cyberjaya)
- Bachelor of Enterprise Management System (Hons.) (Cyberjaya)
Communication Courses at Multimedia University
- Bachelor of Management
- Bachelor of Management (Hons) Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Management (Hons) Marketing Management