Choose to Study at the Best Private Colleges in Malaysia
For more information contact 01111408838
Studying at a top private college in Malaysia will set you apart because you will receive a high standard of education supported by excellent facilities. Many students make the mistake of choosing the cheapest colleges and regret when they could not pass the Pre-University programme or did not gain the necessary knowledge and skills for their job.
Students who are not sure of what to study after SPM or O-Levels can contact EduSpiral Consultant Services to help guide you to choose the right course and university. There are many Pre-University or Diploma programmes that you can go for after SPM or O-Levels so it can be confusing for you to choose the right one. Choosing the right college in Malaysia can be confusing and depends on a lot of factors like your budget, results, passion, skills and career goals.
For more information on the top private universities and colleges in Malaysia, Whatsapp 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top 10 Private Colleges in Malaysia
Every college and course in Malaysia is different and each student wants different things to fit their education and career goals. Additionally, there are hundreds of private colleges in Malaysia offering a wide range of Diploma & Pre-University courses. Students after SPM or O-Levels will almost certainly need to decide what is most important to you. Therefore, EduSpiral Consultant Services have come up with a list of Top Private Colleges in Malaysia in order to help students to make the right choice.
A list of the top private colleges in Malaysia.
- Taylors College
- Sunway College
- KDU College Damansara Jaya
- YTL International College of Hotel Management
- DISTED College
- INTI College
- UCSI College
- HELP College of Arts & Technology
- Saito College
Great Tips on How to Choose to Study at Top Colleges in Malaysia
- Is the course popular at that college?
- Quality/reputation/ranking of the private college in Malaysia
- Relevant awards & achievements of the college
- Are the courses recognised and approved by the Ministry of Education Malaysia and the relevant external bodies?
- Are the courses accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Audit (MQA)?
- Are the pre-university, diploma and degree courses recognised or accredited by the relevant professional bodies such as the Malaysian Medical Association, Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM), Malaysian Pharmacy Board, Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA), Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM), etc.
- Type of programme (local degree, UK Dual Award degree, 3+0 UK or Australian degree, 4+0 American degree, degree transfer programme, etc)
- Do the diploma or degree programmes have exemptions from professional bodies such as ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA, Chartered Institute of Banking, CFA, etc.
- Do they have Internship and co-op programs during the diploma or degree?
- Check the Entry requirements to see if you qualify
- Subjects offered in the Pre-University (Pre-U) Programme. Do they help you to achieve your undergraduate academic goals. Does the subject combinations allow you to enter your university and degree of choice.
- Do they have enough students to start a class?
- How many students do they have studying that course at that college?
- What is the duration of the Pre-University (Pre-U), Foundation, Diploma or Degree course?
- Does the college have a dedicated department to assist students for the overseas university and scholarship applications?
- Does the college have regular visits from overseas universities so that you can expose yourself to the various universities and ask questions?
- Quality of lecturers. What are their qualifications? How many years of experience in teaching?
- Faculty contact/classes taught by full-time qualified & experienced faculty. What is the faculty to student ration?
- Ask your friends who have studied there for their opinion. Ask your friends who are currently studying there as well.
- How much money do I have to pay for the course and cost of living? Ask your parents. Note that you will need to have enough to pay the tuition fees as well as your cost of living. (tuition, hostel, food, transportation, etc.)
- How much are the tuition fees? Does it include the external exam fees and other fees?
- Financial assistance (Scholarships, PTPN Loan, EPF withdrawal, etc)
- Campus resources (labs, libraries, wifi, computer access, sports facilities, etc.)
- How much is on-campus accommodation?
- How much is off-campus accommodation? Note that it might be cheaper to find off campus accommodation on your own with friends. Is the accommodations near eateries, banks, entertainment, public transportation, etc.?
- What is the student culture at the university? (English-speaking environment, ambitious, serious about studies, lifestyle or party university, etc) The language spoken mostly at the college by the students may also matter if you don’t know Mandarin or BM or English. If most of the students speak Mandarin at that university then it will not help you to improve your English. Having a good command of the English language helps you to get good jobs and promotions.
- What are the Extra-curricular activities available? (Student organisations, clubs, sports, etc.)
- Student support services. Does the university have a dedicated department to handle students’ welfare and emotional well-being.
- Intake dates
- Does the university organise job fairs regularly to expose students to the future employers so that you can get a job easily.
- What type of college do I like? (Large, medium, small, city, suburbs, or outer city) Some people like small universities where you get a community feel while others like large university campuses where they get to meet lots of people.
- The size of the college also matters to some people as some prefer a small and friendly college environment where you know everyone’s names. Some may prefer a medium sized university where there are more students to interact with and more facilities to use like a bigger library, student centre, computer labs etc.
- In large universities you might feel lost but there will be more facilities like a football field, gym, swimming pool, basketball courts, etc. You just need to understand your personality and then choose the type of university that fits you.
- If you are a sports person, you might want to find one with a football field, basketball courts, gym or swimming pool.
- Safety at the college campus and community.
- Know yourself, if you like city life, don’t choose a university far away from the city even though the facilities are great. However, if you have a discipline problem in having too much fun, studying away from the city may be a good choice
- What are the facilities and resources offered at the university? – engineering labs, computer labs, computers, science labs, sports facilities, student centre, job placement centre, etc. Note – You should expect to get what you pay for.
- If you like sports, you may not want to choose a university without a basketball court or gym.
- Is it near public transportation? This is important if you do not have transportation.
Talk to the Best Education Consultant in Malaysia to Help you Make the Right Choice in your Studies
Students in Malaysia need to talk to the right education counsellors so that you get the right information to help you in making this life-changing decision. Ask the right Education Counselors in Malaysia to help you. Talking to an experienced education advisor in Malaysia would help you to navigate through this confusing time of choosing the best college that fits you.
EduSpiral Consultant Services staff have more than 15 years experience in counseling students. Having worked in the private education industry, we have in-depth knowledge of each private university and college in what they are good at because we have worked with our partner universities and colleges for many years. We have helped thousands of students to choose the right college to help jumpstart their education and future career. Talk to us and see the difference.
EduSpiral Consultant Services is a full-service educational counselling & planning firm that guides students from across Malaysia to help them choose the right course and university. EduSpiral Consultant Services represents the best colleges and universities in Malaysia offering a wide range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form. EduSpiral Consultant Services has helped hundreds of students to choose the right course and enter into the university of choice. Please do contact us should you need any advise.