Seize the Opportunity to Get a UK Top Ranked Statistical Data Science at the Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information WhatsApp 01111408838
Big data has taken the world by storm and there are no signs of slowing down. As the volume of data grows and big data grows bigger, demand for data scientists, analysts and data management experts is expecting to grow. The gap between the demand for data professionals and the availability will widen. Malaysia aims to produce 16,000 data professionals by 2020. Heriot-Watt University Malaysia aims to meet this demand with the introduction of the Statistical Data Science degree programme. In addition, the Year 1 subjects between Actuarial Science and Statistical Data Science are the same at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia. Therefore, transfer between this 2 programmes are possible up to the end of Year 1.
For more information WhatsApp 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Why Study Statistical Data Science at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
The applications of statistical modelling range from economics and medicine, to social and environmental sciences. Heriot-Watt University Malaysia BSc in Statistical Data Science provides a blend of both theoretical and applied elements of modern statistics, and aims to give students the training in modelling, analysing and interpreting real data that is required in the economy, industry and research.
The first year of the programme cover basic mathematics, probability and statistics. The final two years focus on specialist topics of statistical modelling and advanced courses in mathematics and data science.
Accreditation of the Statistical Data Science Degree
Pending approval, it may be possible for students who have completed the programme to apply for exemptions from up to 4 out of 7 of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) Core Principles professional examinations.
Year 1 Subjects for the Statistical Data Science at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- Multivariable Calculus and Real Analysis A
- Linear Algebra
- Actuarial and Financial Mathematics A
- Probability and Statistics A
- Multivariable Calculus and Real Analysis B
- Actuarial and Financial Mathematics B
- Probability and Statistics B
- Finance and Financial Reporting
- Operations Management (Elective)
Year 2 Subjects for the Statistical Data Science at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- Stochastic Processes
- Statistical Models A
- Statistics for Social Science
- Portfolio Theory and Asset Models (Option)
- Human Resource Management (Elective)
- Survival Models
- Statistical Models B
- Bayesian Inference & Computational Methods
- Derivative Markets and Discrete-time Finance (Option)
- Ordinary Differential Equations (Option)
Year 3 Subjects for the Statistical Data Science at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- Statistical Dissertation A
- Statistical Machine Learning
- Continuous-Time Finance (Option)
- Statistical Computing (Option)
- Project Management (Elective)
- Time Series Analysis
- Statistical Dissertation B
- Risk Theory (Option)
- Statistics Special Topic (Option)
- Risk Management: Techniques and Tools (Option)
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Foundation in Science: ABBC – A in Mathematics, B in Physics, B in Chemistry, C in Academic English/Study Skills
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Foundation in Business: ABBC – A in Mathematics, B in Accountancy and Finance, B in Business Management, C in Academic English/Study Skills
- A-Level/STPM: AAB including A in Mathematics
- UEC: 6A including A1 in Mathematics and Advanced Mathematics
- **WACE/SACE: ATAR 90 (WACE: Minimum 80% in Mathematics/SACE: Minimum 17.0 in Mathematics)
- SMA 3 (Indonesia): 8
- IB Diploma: 28 points
- Diploma with high level of attainment in mathematics recognised by the Malaysian Government
Any other relevant qualification with high level of attainment in mathematics recognised by the Malaysian Government
**Maybe subject to additional school assessment.
English language requirements
- If English is not your first language, then evidence of proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.0 is required.
- If you do not have IELTS 6.0, we offer a Pre-Sessional English Programme (PSEP) prior to commencing your studies.
Due to the near-universal relevance of statistical modelling, career opportunities exist for suitably qualified statisticians in a wide variety of areas, notably, business, insurance, financial consulting, market research, government agencies, the pharmaceutical industry and scientific research in areas such as environmental science.