Best BSc (Hons) in Computer Science with specialism in Data Analytics in Malaysia at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU)
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Malaysia’s national ICT agency Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC) has unveiled a plan, supported by seven public and private institutes of higher learning (IHLs), to increase the number of local data scientists from the current 80 to 1,500 by the year 2020.
Having won hundreds of awards in computing and IT in Malaysia and globally, Asia Pacific University is the best university in Malaysia to study Computer Science with specialism in Data Analytics. Students need to choose the best university or college in Malaysia to study Computer Science with specialism in Data Analytics so that they can gain the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in the competitive world of IT.
Students after SPM or O-Levels may go for the Foundation in Computing at Asia Pacific University for 1 year before continuing on to the 3-year Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Computer Science with specialism in Data Analytics degree. With 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels including Maths, students may go for the 2-year Diploma in Information & Communications Technology or Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering and then enter into Year 2 of the Data Analytics degree at Asia Pacific University. Pre-University students with the relevant results in STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT, etc. can enter directly into Year 1 of the Computer Science with specialism in Data Analytics degree.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Highly Acclaimed BSc (Hons) in Computer Science with specialism in Data Analytics at Award-Winning Asia Pacific University (APU)
The School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU) is the oldest and most established school. The school has a strong presence in the industry and is an obvious choice among the school leavers.
The school offers a wide variety of specialised programmes. Asia Pacific University’s programmes are very much industry driven and relevant and our graduates are global citizens and industry ready.
Alumni of the School have progressed into a number of significant careers in leading multinational technology based companies. In line with APU’s vision, the School aims to be a leading provider of high quality computing and technology education and a contributor to research at the national and international level.
This is emphasised by our mission to provide high quality and internationally recognised and benchmarked Technology education and to be recognised for innovative teaching methods and educational activities.
The School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University aims to:
- Facilitate your academic and vocational progression by developing knowledge, key skills and capacity for independent and lifelong learning
- Develop your skills in imaginative problem-solving and decision-making
- Develop your Personal Development Portfolio to support your career aspirations
- Provide a stimulating, interactive and accessible course of study to give you a sound grasp of information technology
- knowledge, analysis and contemporary issues which you can develop and apply in future employment
- Develop your imagination and innovative abilities to show initiative and creativity in your work
- Develop your intelligence, ingenuity, inventiveness and independence as well as your communication skills
Asia Pacific University’s Collaborative Partners:
Admission Requirements for the Degree in Computer Science with specialism in Data Analytics at Asia Pacific University (APU)
- 2 Principal Passes at STPM level and with 4 Credit Passes at SPM including Mathematics; or
- 2 Passes at ‘A’ Levels and with a Credit Pass at ‘O’ Levels / GCSE including Mathematics; or
- The APIIT/APU Foundation or equivalent with CGPA of 2.0 and Credit in Mathematics at SPM/O-Level; or
- 5 Grade B’s in UEC including Mathematics; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with minimum average of 50%; or
- Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with minimum average of 60%; or
- South Australian Matriculation Certificate (SAM) with minimum of 60%; or
- International Baccalaureate with minimum 24 marks;
- Victorian Certificate of Education with minimum average of 50%;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum average of 50%; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
- The qualification and entry requirements for the programmes will be determined based on the “Comparison List of Equivalency of International Qualifications with SPM (O-Levels equivalent) and STPM (A-Levels equivalent)” published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
Course Structure for the BSc (Hons) in Computer Science with specialism in Data Analytics at Asia Pacific University (APU)
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- The ability to develop technical knowledge, skills and background in the design and organisation of computer systems with an emphasis on data analytics.
- The ability to critically evaluate design paradigms, languages, algorithms, and techniques used to develop complex software systems.
- The ability to evaluate and respond to opportunities for developing and exploiting new technologies with data analytics concepts and tools.
Year 1 Subjects for the BSC (HONS) in Computer Science with specialism in Data Analytics at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The first year is packed with modules that provide the fundamental skills required by every IT professional. Systems analysis & design and introduction to programming in an appropriate language provide a foundation in the area of software development. A sound grasp of mathematical techniques and skills in algorithmic thinking are important pre-requisites for your second and third year studies in this area. Computer architecture, operating systems, networks, databases, data analytics, behavioural science and marketing analytics are the area of the platform or underlying analytics systems. Introduction to management introduces the third key area, understanding personal and organisational development, along with independent learning and teamwork skills.
- Introduction to Management
- System Analysis & Design
- Fundamentals of Software Development
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- Introduction to Networking
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to C Programming
- Introduction to Data Analytics
- Behavioural Science and Marketing Analytics
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
Year 2 Subjects for the BSC (HONS) in Computer Science with specialism in Data Analytics at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Computer Science involves designing and implementing software, devising new ways to use computers and developing effective ways to solve computing problems. It spans a wide range, from theoretical and algorithmic foundations to cutting edge developments in all areas of computing. Successful professionals with a degree in computer science are flexible in performing a range of computing tasks, and extend theories and practice in every area of computing. In your second year, the core modules take development skills to the next level and deepen your understanding of platform technology, while specialised modules allow you to go further into statistical modelling, data mining and predictive modelling.
Professional development, fostering creativity and innovation in individuals and teams, and independent learning are continuous themes in your studies at APU. This year ends with an internship that offers you an opportunity to move outside the classroom and show your professionalism in the workplace.
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- System Development Methods
- Professional & Enterprise Development
- Creativity & Innovation
- Research Methods for Computing & Technology
Specialised and Option Modules
- Computing Theory
- Data Structures
- Concurrent Programming
- System & Network Administration
- Computer Systems & Low Level Techniques
- Probability & Statistical Modelling
- Data Mining & Predictive Modelling
After the completion of Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship / Industrial Training. This will prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Computer Science.
Year 3 Subjects for the BSC (HONS) in Computer Science with specialism in Data Analytics at Asia Pacific University (APU)
In your third year you draw on your previous studies and industrial experience to refine your personal and professional development in the field of computer science, supported by specialised training in project management and new product development. Other core modules help you develop new skills in advanced programming techniques and algorithms, and evaluating applications at the frontiers of current technology. Specialised modules allow you to extend the capabilities you developed from previous studies of databases and analytics specifically in the area of database securities, text analytics, sentiment analysis, business intelligence, and optimisation concepts.
For your final year project, you investigate and develop a solution for a real world problem. This provides proof of your ability to combine technical knowledge, critical thinking, and analytical skills to achieve a goal, which is an important addition to your personal achievement portfolio.
- Innovation Management & New Product Development
- Project Management
Specialised & Option Modules
- Real-Time Systems
- Emergent Technology
- Text Analytics & Sentiment Analysis
- Business Intelligence Systems
- Database Security
- Optimisation Concepts for Data Science
- Investigation in Computer Science
- Computer Science Projects
Career Prospects for Data Analytics Graduates in Malaysia
Develop the technical knowledge, skills and background to design, organise and support computer systems with an emphasis on data analytics. Provides the skills required to progress into innovative data sciences.
Graduates will be equipped with knowledge, skills and experience in three major dimensions: Strategic and Commercial applicatio, “hands-on” ICT skills and Statistics & Analytics. The programme is not merely analytics-oriented, but develops the ability to use analytics to drive key success metrics related t yield management and revenue generation in practically any business domain. There is a tremendous requirement for Data Scientists and Big Data Specialists worldwide now and in the future, with hundreds of thousands of new job opportunities emerging globally. In Malaysia alone, by the year 2020 this need is expected to reach atleast 15,000 professionals.
The programme has been carefully designed by APU with inputs and contents from our partners, comprising of major technology and software solutions providers, university partners as well as industry organisations who use analytics for strategic and competitive advantage.
The strength of these partnerships endures that the programme comprehensively addresses all key stakeholders – Technology providers, Employers, Government as well as Students – in its learning outcomes, curriculum content, delivery adn assessment. Students also obtain certification jointly issued with industry partners, which would certainly give them a head start in the exciting world of Big Data.
Furthermore, APU is also poised to become a frontrunner in analytics research through the establishment of the Asia Pacific Centre of Analytics (APCA), through which research activities will be undertaken to challenge boundaries in the application of analytics.