A List of the Best Private Universities in Malaysia Offering Top Rate Banking, Finance & Investment Degree Programmes
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
A Banking and Finance degree is for students who desire a career in the financial sector in roles such as securities analyst, financial or investment manager, or as a private, commercial or investment banker. In a Banking & Finance course students will typically learn about how the economy works, how decisions are made in banking and finance and how financial systems and capital markets operate in an international context. Furthermore, they will learn how government policies influence the overall stock market index, how corporate actions affect stock prices and how private and corporate wealth is created. A career in Banking & Finance can be very satisfying with high salaries. Studying at a top private university for Banking & Finance will set graduates apart and propel them to a successful career in the financial services sector.
Worldwide, the financial services sector records the highest earnings and drives a country’s economic growth. The Financial sector stands as one of the largest sectors in Malaysia with more than 300,000 people employed. The role of the financial sector is envisioned to continue growing to be a key driver and catalyst of Malaysia’s economic progression. This sector is projected to be more competitive, dynamic, inclusive, diversified, and integrated, with the ability to offer world class financial services, in terms of breadth, depth and quality to serve the needs of Malaysia.
You might also be interested to read:
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia Offering the Best Banking & Finance Degree Programmes
There is a demand for top graduates in banking and finance in Malaysia. Salaries for banking & finance graduates in Malaysia can be very high. In order to succeed in the competitive banking & finance industry, students must choose the best universities in Malaysia to study.
Moreover, students should choose the right university that fits them which has a good reputation for banking & finance programmes, excellent facilities, top lecturers, student support services and an English-speaking student environment. Graduates from accounting programmes are able to work in the banking and finance industry therefore the degree courses are included in the listing.
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus
- Taylor’s University
- Asia Pacific University (APU)
- UCSI University
- Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
- Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka
- KDU University College
- HELP University
Students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 5 credits including the relevant subjects may enter a Foundation in Business or Foundation in Arts at a top private university in Malaysia for 1 year before continuing on to the 3-year banking or finance degree programme.
Banking and Finance graduates may go for the the professional certifications by Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), FPAM – Financial Planning Association of Malaysia, Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or Asian Institute of Chartered Banker (AICB).
What is Banking and Finance?
Banking refers to that process in which a bank which is a commercial or government institution offers financial services such as monetary loans, collection of deposits, issue of currencies and debit cards, and transaction processing etc.
The majority of banks works as profit-seeking enterprises. Central banks function as government agencies and they regulate the interest rates and circulation of money in the total economy. Banking activities can usually be categorized into the following types :
- Receiving deposits from the customers and issue of current or checking accounts and savings accounts to businesses and individuals
- Providing financial consultation services to individuals and businesses
- Providing loans to businesses and individuals
- Encashment of checks
- Facilitation of monetary transactions, for example cashiers checks and wire transfers
- Issue of ATM cards, credit cards, and debit cards
- Offering safe deposit vaults for keeping valuables
- Encashment and distribution of bank rolls
- Retirement & pension planning
A bank is a financial institution licensed to receive deposits and make loans. Banks may also provide financial services, such as wealth management, currency exchange and safe deposit boxes. There are two types of banks: commercial/retail banks and investment banks.
- Commercial/Retail banks – Retail banking directly deals with small businesses and individuals, commercial banking, corporate banking services to important commercial organizations, and offering services to mid-market businesses.
- Commercial banks
- Postal savings banks
- Private banks
- Community banks
- Community development banks
- Savings banks
- Building societies
- Offshore banks
- Investment banks
- The investment banks function as underwriters of stock and bond issues and also provide a number of related services. Examples of investment banks are merchant banks and venture capital firms. As a whole, investment banking deals with capital markets.
- The financial transactions of a bank are carried out through a number of measures:
- Through branches
- Through ATMs (automated tellering machine)
- Telephone banking
- Online banking
- Through mail services
Finance deals with efficient allocation and distribution of resources by commercial entities, individuals, as well as other establishments over time taking into consideration the associated risks.
The term called finance can include any of the following areas:
- The process of managing money
- The study of money and other types of assets
- Managing and controlling those assets
- Identifying and handling project risks
If the term finance is used as a verb, it denotes provision of funds for individuals for buying cars or houses and businesses.
The function of finance is to apply a group of techniques which the corporate entities and individuals implement for managing their financial activities, specifically the margin of income and expenditure as well as investment risks.
Finance can be widely categorized into the following types:
- Personal finance
- Business finance
- Public finance
The major sources of financing include:
- Loan or credit