Asia Pacific University (APU) Offers the Best Fintech Specialisation in the Bachelor’s in Banking and Finance Degree
For more information WhatsApp 01111408838
SuperCharger, Asia Pacific University (APU) and the Centre for Finance Technology and Entrepreneurship (CFTE) collaborated to create multiple Fintech modules as part of the Bachelor’s Degree in Banking and Finance. APU will launch Malaysia’s first academic qualification to include Fintech modules.
The Fintech modules will include subjects on data mining, predictive analytics, digital currencies, blockchain technologies, crowdfunding and alternative lending, robo-advisory, and entrepreneurial finance. APIIT Education group chief executive officer Datuk Parmjit Singh said the collaboration would ensure that APU graduates will be ready to meet the needs of a rapidly disrupted financial services industry.
For more information WhatsApp 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Best Banking & Finance Degree with Specialisation in Fintech in Malaysia at Asia Pacific University (APU)
SuperCharger is a Fintech accelerator with offices in Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur, while APU is a private university that offers degree programmes in Computing & Technology, Engineering, Business, Finance and Design. In addition, APU is a top ranked private university in Malaysia and has won hundreds of awards in the area of information technology.
Supercharger wants to supply the local fintech scene with a steady stream of talent that is already familiar with the latest technologies as they enter the job market, which would presumably help often agile startup-level companies to bring their business to the next level—and with a reduced onboarding process to boot.
The fintech modules that will be offered include subjects on data mining, predictive analytics, digital currencies, blockchain technologies, crowdfunding and alternative lending, robo-advisory, and entrepreneurial finance—which were selected based on the size of their respective sectors and the influence they’ve had on the industry as observed by Supercharger.
Bachelor in Banking & Finance (Hons) with a Specialism in Fintech at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The Bachelor in Banking & Finance (Fintech) programme at APU is specifically designed to provide students with:
- Knowledge and skills in handling financial products, product development and working within the rapidly changing Global Banking and Finance Industry.
- Opportunities to develop into highly competent managers, who are well qualified not only in Banking and Finance but also other professional areas required for successful business administration and management.
- Basic technical competency and professionalism on the technology that will transform the delivery of financial services.
What you will study in the Degree Course
Year 1 Subjects for the Banking & Finance (Hons) with a Specialism in Fintech at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Students will learn fundamental skills required for every banking and finance professional, the basic understanding of business management and finance as well as the fundamentals of Financial Technology. We will also expose them towards business & communication skills, accounting skills and management skills.
- Quantitative and Statistical Methods
- Introduction to Management
- Business and Communication Skills
- Financial Accounting 1
- Business Economics
- Introduction to Banking and Finance
- Financial Accounting 2
- Essentials of FinTech
- Business Law
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
Year 2 Subjects for the Banking & Finance (Hons) with a Specialism in Fintech at Asia Pacific University (APU)
A broader range of skills will be learnt, in which students will gain a better understanding of banking instruments, procedures, regulatory framework as well as overall financial system environment. Students will be introduced to hands-on training on the underlying technologies enabling FinTech solutions.
Furthermore, they will also be exposed to the new FinTech solutions namely digital currencies, peer to peer lending and etc. In addition, they will also familiarize themselves with the fundamentals of data mining techniques. We will further nurture their independent learning to prepare them for the workplace and for further researches.
- Financial Statement Analysis
- The Financial System
- Banking Instruments & Procedures
- Times Series & Forecasting
- Enabling FinTech
- Law of Banking and Finance
- Financial Econometrics
- Business Research Methods
- Financial Management
- Data Mining & Predictive Modelling
- Workplace Professional Communication Skills
- Employee and Employment Trends
- Digital Currencies and Blockchain Technologies
- Crowdfunding and Alternative Lending
INTERNSHIP (16 WEEKS)
Students will undertake a short Internship/ Industrial Training for a minimum period of 16 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment
Year 3 Subjects for the Banking & Finance (Hons) with a Specialism in Fintech at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to learn about the governance, risk management and compliance of financial technology and theories as well as the globalization of banking and finance in International Banking.
In addition, concept of empirical application of Robo Advisor and Entrepreneurial Finance will also be target with aims to groom them as a leader in financial technology. A final year project requires them to explore a topic individually- they will demonstrate their academic and practical aspects of their ability in the chosen area of study.
- Risk Management in Banking
- Financial Derivatives
- Corporate Finance
- International Banking and Investment
- Investigations in Financial Technology
- Building Customer Relationships
- Portfolio Management
- Financial Technology Project
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Robo Advisor
- FinTech Governance, Risk Management & Compliance
MOHE Compulsory Subjects*
- Ethnic Relations (Msian Students)
- Islamic & Asian Civilisation (Msian Students)
- Malaysian Studies (Int’l Students)
- Malay Communication Language (Int’l Students)
(*All students are required to successfully complete the General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency upon graduation)
- FinTech Specialist
- Banking Specialist
- Payment System Specialist
- Data Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Product Developer
- Compliance Expert
- FinTech Quantitative Developer
- Strategy Analyst
- Business Development Associate