Top University in Malaysia for Accounting & Finance Degree at Asia Pacific University (APU) with ACCA Accelerate Programme
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information about Asia Pacific University contact 01111408838
There are many public and private universities in Malaysia offering the accounting & finance degree. Thousands of students are also studying the accounting & finance course in Malaysia. So, how do you set yourself apart from the rest in the competitive world of accounting.
Students after SPM or O-Levels can go for the Diploma in Accounting with 3 credits and then enter into Year 2 of the degree. Alternatively, SPM or O-Level students with at least 5 credits may go for the Foundation at Asia Pacific University and then enter into the Accounting & Finance degree.
Students after SPM, UEC or STPM can consider taking the BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance at Asia Pacific University (APU) where it has the ACCA Accelerate Programme. Furthermore, APU has a globalised student environment where Malaysian students can gain invaluable cultural insights as well as improve their spoken English. These make Asia Pacific University one of the best universities for you to choose to study the Accounting & Finance degree in Malaysia.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top Ranked Asia Pacific University in Malaysia Offers First Rate Accounting & Finance Degree with ACCA Exemptions
The BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance at Asia Pacific University is an excellent springboard from which to launch a professional career in accountancy or to pursue further study. It is well established, and is designed to provide a thorough understanding of the principles and practice of accounting and related subjects.
Students on the course have the flexibility of developing and building their specialist knowledge within an Accounting and Finance context whether in industry or public service. The award covers an in-depth knowledge of the core areas for those intending to move into the Accounting profession as well as those specialised areas such as tax, forensic and investment.
The BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance at Asia Pacific University programme also includes an option for students to undergo an industrial internship programme which will equip them with practical employment skills.
The accounting & finance degree at Asia Pacific University will receive 9 paper exemptions from ACCA. The BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance at Asia Pacific University programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Exposure to both financial and managerial aspects of accounting and finance.
- Theoretical and applied areas of both disciplines will be covered here.
- In-depth knowledge of the core areas for those intending to move into the Accounting profession.
- An opportunity for the study of the management of funds, the sources available to businesses, investment appraisals and various aspects of corporate treasury management.
- Exposure to knowledge from many of the concepts and modes of analysis used in economics and accounting.
ACCA Accelerate Programme at Asia Pacific University (APU) in Malaysia
Asia Pacific University (APU) is one of the few selected universities to join the ACCA Accelerate Scheme. This special arrangement between ACCA and APU gives an opportunity for students to register early with ACCA and accelerate their career in accounting and finance.
Under the ACCA Accelerate Programme, accounting degree students at top private universities in Malaysia would be able to start their ACCA studies at the Professional level (i.e. begin THE FINAL 5 PAPERS of ACCA) during their studies in beginning at Year 3 of their degree programme. After completing Year 2 of the Degree course, students have a maximum exemption of nine papers in the Fundamental Level. Therefore, students need not wait till after their graduation to start on the Final 5 ACCA papers. Hence, this is a significant time and cost savings for students.
In the Accelerate programme at top universities in Malaysia with this arrangement, eligible students will enjoy benefits such as reduced initial registration fee, free annual subscription fee for 2 years upon graduation, deferment of exemption fees up to 2 years upon graduation and many more. They will also have access to the global ACCA community to provide practical assistance with their studies and future career.
You can now complete your ACCA Professional Papers (P1 – P7) while you are studying in your degree
programme or even if you have graduated. Starting from 16 July 2016, APU will be offering P1 to P7 modules.
Classes will be conducted during weekends at APU, to provide the convenience to study in APU’s conducive learning environment. The tuition fee for each Professional Paper is RM1,200.00. Tuition Fees are inclusive of study materials. As an APU student, you are eligible for 10% subsidy from the course fee.
- Initial Registration Fees: GBP20
- Annual subscription fee waive for 1 year upon graduation
- Exemption fee payment time is within 1 year after graduation, GBP10 discount for each paper exempted (GBP90)
- Invitations to exclusive ACCA networking events and newsletters
- Support of resource materials
Admission Requirements for the BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance at Asia Pacific University
- 2 Principal Passes with a minimum Grade C+ (GP 2.33) at STPM level and with a Credit Pass at SPM including Mathematics and a Pass in English at SPM; or
- 2 Passes with Grade C & Above at ‘A’ Levels and with a Credit Pass at ‘O’ Levels / GCSE including Mathematics and a Pass in English; or
- Pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum grade of Jayyid, and credits in Mathematics and a Pass in English at SPM level;
- The APIIT/APU Foundation or equivalent with CGPA of 2.5 and Credit in Mathematics at SPM/O-Level and a Pass in English ; or
- 5 Grade B’s in UEC including Mathematics; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with minimum average of 50%; or
- Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with minimum average of 60%; or
- South Australian Matriculation Certificate (SAM) with minimum of 60%; or
- International Baccalaureate with minimum 24 marks;
- Victorian Certificate of Education with minimum average of 50%;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum average of 50%; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
Year 1 Subjects for the BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance at Asia Pacific University
This level provides a detailed underpinning to the study of accounting in the modern IT world. Students will be equipped with mathematical, and communication skills. It also provides students with an understanding of the legal, business and social environment in which accounting operates and be conversant in the technical languages and practices of the accounting sector in market economy.
- Business and Communication Skills
- Business Economics
- Business Law
- Financial Accounting 1
- Financial Accounting 2
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Service Management
- Quantitative Skills
- Quantitative Analysis
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
Year 2 Subjects for the BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance at Asia Pacific University
The traditional areas of Accounting and Finance such as Cost and Managerial Accounting, Financial Reporting, Taxation and corporate organisation are supplemented by modules to support the understanding of these activities. These include modules dealing with the Financial Sector, Corporate Governance and the Management of such Services, alongside are also considered the importance of Audit in any business organisation.
Students are equipped with detail knowledge of application of accounts in different types of organisation, the statutory requirement of auditing and the legal environment surrounding the corporate entities, such as the responsibilities of shareholders and directors and the Auditors.
Students are also introduced to the Business Research Methods module which exposes students on how to conduct research and write research proposals.
Students will also use their co curricular activities (social, sport, cultural etc.) as evidence of the development of their personal skills, which are highly regarded by employers. They will collect this information in a portfolio and submit together with an essay showing how these experiences have helped to develop their employability skills such as social, interpersonal, planning, communications and many others.
After the completion of Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship. This will prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Accounting and Finance.
- Audit and Assurance
- Business Analysis
- Company Accounts
- Cost and Managerial Accounting
- Financial Management
- Financial Reporting
- Introduction to Taxation
- Business Research Methods
- Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Management Information System
- Managing Finance
- Professional Service Management
After the completion og Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship / Industrial Training. This will prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Accounting and Finance.
Year 3 Subjects for the BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance at Asia Pacific University
Here, the approach to accounting and finance is more strategic and corporate with an international perspective. This is because much of business today is global and money flows around the world very easily with today’s technology.
Students will also explore Auditing and Corporate Finance to further equip themselves for the modern accounting and finance world. Tools which can be used in developing accounting and finance strategies are explored through the Financial Modelling module.
The Accounting and Finance Project further develops the academic and practical aspects of students chosen area of study and reinforces their independent learning skills.
- Advanced Taxation
- Company Law
- Corporate Finance
- Investigation in Accounting & Finance
- Management Accounting Techniques
- Managing People and Performance
- Strategic Financial Decision Making
- Accounting & Finance Project
- Financial Modelling
- Forensic Accounting
- International Corporate Finance
Internship / Industrial Training for Accounting & Finance Degree Students at Asia Pacific University
A well-structured internship or industrial training programme in collaboration with industry is incorporated into the curriculum. The main objective of the internship programme is to further enhance your employability.
In many cases the same company at which you had internship/industrial training will offer you employment as soon as you graduate. In all cases you will gain an invaluable insight into the world of business and managemet practices and be better equipped to position yourself for the career you seek.
The Objectives of Asia Pacific University’s Accounting, Banking, Finance & Quantitative Studies Programmes are to:
- Provide you with a rewarding yet challenging learning experience to enable you to be a high quality graduates with the knowledge, skills and understanding for an effective and valued career.
- Enable you to undertake employment in industry, commerce or public service as professionals by developing your capabilities in relation to innovation, integration of ideas and concepts, interactive development, information provision and imaginative approaches to processes and problem solving.
- Provide you with a Personal Development Planning opportunity in relation to enhancing your employability through increasing your independence, inventiveness, ingenuity and developing your all round intelligence in relation to solving problems, decision making, working with other people and communication skills.
- Facilitate your progression, both academic and practical, by means of developing knowledge, key skills and a capacity for independent and lifelong learning
- Enable you to specialise in depth in areas corresponding to your ability and choice.
Exemptions from Professional Papers for the B.A (Hons) in Accounting & Finance at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Upon completion of B.A (Hons) in Accounting & Finance at Asia Pacific University, students are eligible for exemptions for a maximum of:
- 9 papers out of 14 from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- 7 papers exemptions out of 16 (All the certificate-level papers and 1 operational-level paper) from the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- 6 out of 12 papers from CPA Australia
- 8 out of 15 papers from Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- 5 – 6 out of 8 papers from Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia (CTIM) based on the areas of specialisation.
- 12 out of 16 papers from the Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (MAICSA)
- Diploma in Accounting are eligible for 3 fundamental modules exemption from ACCA. Students who articulate from the APU Diploma Programme will be granted exemptions based on the prevalent policy of the relevant professional bodies.