Top BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance with Specialism in Taxation Degree in Malaysia at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
There are many public and private universities in Malaysia offering the accounting & finance degree. Thousands of students are also studying the accounting & finance course in Malaysia. So, how do you set yourself apart from the rest in the competitive world of accounting. Students can consider taking the BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance with Specialism in Taxation at Asia Pacific University (APU) where they are the only university in Malaysia offering the Taxation specialisation.
Furthermore, APU has a globalised student environment where Malaysian students can gain invaluable cultural insights as well as improve their spoken English. Asia Pacific University is rated No. 1 in Asia & Malaysia for a Multicultural Learning Experience by the Student Barometer Wave 2014. These make Asia Pacific University one of the best universities for you to choose to study the Accounting & Finance degree in Malaysia.
Students after SPM or O-Levels can go for the Diploma in Accounting with 3 credits and then enter into Year 2 of the degree. Alternatively, SPM or O-Level students with at least 5 credits may go for the Foundation at Asia Pacific University and then enter into the Accounting & Finance degree.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Outstanding Degree in Accounting and Finance with Specialism in Taxation at Asia Pacific University in Malaysia
The BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance with Specialism in Taxation at Asia Pacific University (APU) is an excellent springboard from which to launch a professional career in accountancy or to pursue further study. It is well established, and is designed to provide a thorough understanding of the principles and practice of accounting and related subjects.
Students on the course have the flexibility of developing and building their specialist knowledge within an Accounting and Finance context whether in industry or public service. The award covers an in-depth knowledge of the core areas for those intending to move into the Accounting profession as well as those specialised areas such as tax, forensic and investment.
The BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance with Specialism in Taxation at Asia Pacific University also includes an option for students to undergo an industrial internship programme which will equip them with practical employment skills.
The BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance with Specialism in Taxation programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Specialised knowledge and understanding of relevant theories concepts and principles relevant to the field of taxation.
- Abilities to interpret, communicate and develop tax laws & devise plans for organizations or individuals.
- A critical understanding of the economic, legal and institutional bases of systems of taxation and their applications with emphasis on business taxation.
Admission Requirements for the BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance with Specialism in Taxation at Asia Pacific University
- 2 Principal Passes with a minimum Grade C+ (GP 2.33) at STPM level and with a Credit Pass at SPM including Mathematics and a Pass in English at SPM; or
- 2 Passes with Grade C & Above at ‘A’ Levels and with a Credit Pass at ‘O’ Levels / GCSE including Mathematics and a Pass in English; or
- Pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum grade of Jayyid, and credits in Mathematics and a Pass in English at SPM level;
- The APIIT/APU Foundation or equivalent with CGPA of 2.5 and Credit in Mathematics at SPM/O-Level and a Pass in English ; or
- 5 Grade B’s in UEC including Mathematics; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with minimum average of 50%; or
- Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with minimum average of 60%; or
- South Australian Matriculation Certificate (SAM) with minimum of 60%; or
- International Baccalaureate with minimum 24 marks;
- Victorian Certificate of Education with minimum average of 50%;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum average of 50%; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
Year 1 Subjects for the BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance with Specialism in Taxation at Asia Pacific University
This level provides a detailed underpining to the study of accounting in the modern IT world. Students will be equipped with mathematical, and communication skills. It also provides students with an understanding of the legal, business and social environment in which accounting operates and be conversant in the technical languages and practices of the accounting sector in market economy.
- Business and Communication Skills
- Business Economics
- Business Law
- Financial Accounting 1
- Financial Accounting 2
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Service Management
- Quantitative Analysis
- Quantitative Skills
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
Year 2 Subjects for the BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance with Specialism in Taxation at Asia Pacific University
This level provides knowledge and skills of taxation principles and the requirement and compliance of tax law in preparing accounting records. This area of understanding will be supported by Tax Framework and Advanced Accounting. Students are also introduced to the Business Research Methods module which exposes students on how to conduct research and write research proposals.
Students will also use their co curricular activities (social, sport, cultural etc.) as evidence of the development of your personal skills, which are highly regarded by employers. They will collect this information in a portfolio and submit together with an essay showing how these experiences have helped to develop their employability skills such as social, interpersonal, planning, communications and many others.
After the completion of Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship. This will prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Accounting and Finance.
- Audit and Assurance
- Business Analysis
- Company Accounts
- Cost and Managerial Accounting
- Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Financial Management
- Financial Reporting
- Introduction to Taxation
- Business Research Methods
- Advanced Accounting
- Managing Finance
- Tax Framework
After the completion of Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship / Industrial Training. This will prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Accounting and Finance.
Year 3 Subjects for the BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance with Specialism in Taxation at Asia Pacific University
In level 3 students are provided with a comprehensive study of Taxation practices and issues related to
tax activities. This will involve investigations on taxations & planning and the application of advanced tax principles in business practices. This area of understanding will be supported by Advanced Taxation, Investigation in Taxation, Tax & Accounting and Tax Planning.
The Taxation project will further develop the academic and practical aspects of students chosen area of study and reinforces their independent learning skills.
- Advanced Taxation
- Company Law
- Corporate Finance
- Investigation in Taxation
- Management Accounting Techniques
- Managing People and Performance
- Strategic Financial Decision Making
- Business Taxation
- Tax & Accounting
- Tax Planning
- Taxation Project
Note: The specialism will only appear in the academic transcript.
Career in Taxation in Malaysia
Professionals who can deliver good performance in the field of taxation are always in demand. The aspirants can join any related organisations as Tax Accountants, Employment Tax Specialists, State Local Tax Attorney Specialists. Tax Policy Analysts, Tax Recruiters, Tax Advisors, Tax Managers, Tax Examiners, Collectors, Revenue Agents, etc.
Internship / Industrial Training for Accounting & Finance Degree Students at Asia Pacific University
A well-structured internship or industrial training programme in collaboration with industry is incorporated into the curriculum. The main objective of the internship programme is to further enhance your employability.
In many cases the same company at which you had internship/industrial training will offer you employment as soon as you graduate. In all cases you will gain an invaluable insight into the world of business and managemet practices and be better equipped to position yourself for the career you seek.
The Objectives of Asia Pacific University’s Accounting, Banking, Finance & Quantitative Studies
Programmes are to:
- Provide you with a rewarding yet challenging learning experience to enable you to be a high quality graduates with the knowledge, skills and understanding for an effective and valued career.
- Enable you to undertake employment in industry, commerce or public service as professionals by developing your capabilities in relation to innovation, integration of ideas and concepts, interactive development, information provision and imaginative approaches to processes and problem solving.
- Provide you with a Personal Development Planning opportunity in relation to enhancing your employability through increasing your independence, inventiveness, ingenuity and developing your all round intelligence in relation to solving problems, decision making, working with other people and communication skills.
- Facilitate your progression, both academic and practical, by means of developing knowledge, key skills and a capacity for independent and lifelong learning
- Enable you to specialise in depth in areas corresponding to your ability and choice.
Exemptions from Professional Papers
Upon completion of B.A (Hons) in Accounting & Finance at Asia Pacific University, students are eligible for exemptions for a maximum of 9 papers from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), 6 papers exemptions (All the certificate-level papers and 1 operational-level paper) from the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), 8 papers from CPA Australia, 6 papers from Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), and 5 or 7 papers from Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia (CTIM) based on the areas of specialisation. Diploma in Accounting are eligible for 3 fundamental modules exemption from ACCA.
Students who articulate from the APU Diploma Programme will be granted exemptions based on the prevalent policy of the relevant professional bodies.