Top Private University in Malaysia for Diploma in Business Administration at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Students after SPM or O-Levels who desire to venture into the exciting world of business can gain excellent knowledge and skills from the Diploma in Business Administration at Asia Pacific University (APU). Upon completion of the 2-year diploma students can continue on to Year 2 of the degree programme for another 2 years. Students can also transfer to Asia Pacific University’s partner universities in Australia, New Zealand or UK for their degree studies or continue on to Year 2 in the relevant degree at Asia Pacific University for the UK Dual Award.
Graduating students at Asia Pacific University (APU) will receive the degree from APU as well as Staffordshire University, UK. Furthermore, Asia Pacific University (APU) has a globalised student environment where Malaysian students can gain invaluable cultural insights as well as improve their spoken English.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Find out More about the Diploma in Business Administration Programme at Asia Pacific University (APU)
- Students for careers in the business administrative environment with emphasis on general business operations, organisation and specialisation option in accounting, tourism, information technology or marketing.
- Professional skills to develop solutions requiring a holistic outlook in the business and organisational context.
- Students with critical, independent and cooperative learning skills so as to facilitate response to continuous future changes in industry practices.
- Students with intellectual skills, communications ability and teamworking capability.
- Students with opportunities for progression into Degrees of study of International standard in relevant areas.
Diploma in Business Administration Admission Requirements at Asia Pacific University
Admission requirements for this programme is as follows:
- An overall credit pass in 3 subjects at SPM and a minimum of pass in Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah (History); or
- An overall credit pass in 3 subjects at O-Levels/GCSE; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above
SEMESTER 1 Subjects for the Diploma in Business Administration at Asia Pacific University
In this semester students will be equipped with basic mathematical, language and communication as well as information technology skills. Throughout the duration of the semester, students will be exposed to various terminologies and basic concepts related to business managerial skills. These skills are imperative for a smooth transition to the following semester.
- English for Academic Purposes
- Numerical Skills
- Managing Business
- Practical IT Skills
SEMESTER 2 Subjects for the Diploma in Business Administration at Asia Pacific University
The modules Professional Communications, Academic Research Skills and Quantitative Methods that are offered in this semester help to further develop students’ knowledge and skills significantly with emphasis on aspects that are core to the study of business. Also the Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship module will begin to take the student through the process and the methods involved in the early stages of venture creation.
- Professional Communications
- Academic Research Skills
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Quantitative Methods
SEMESTER 3 Subjects for the Diploma in Business Administration at Asia Pacific University
This semester moves the students from the basic business concepts and procedures to more advanced topics like People Management, Marketing and Business Economics. Financial Accounting module will expand their knowledge and efficiency in solving problems and making decisions in different areas of business.
- People Management
- Financial Accounting
- Business Economics
SEMESTER 4 Subjects for the Diploma in Business Administration at Asia Pacific University
The modules in this semester are aimed at equipping students with the knowledge and skills in the legal, statistical and financial aspects of business. In addition, students are exposed to International Business module which allows the students to understand the environmental and cultural issues facing global organisations. Besides, the Managing Information Systems module will also introduce the students to applications of business data communications.
- Legal Framework of Business
- International Business
- Business Statistics
- Principles of Finance
- Managing Information Systems
SEMESTER 5 Subjects for the Diploma in Business Administration at Asia Pacific University
The final semester allows students to progress into more advanced areas of business and management. Students will experience a balance of business theories and practical applications. In addition, students will also select 2 option modules during the semester. Supported by accounting module, they are expected to be able to demonstrate cognitive and intellectual skills relevant to business.
- Organisational Behaviour
- Managing Services
- Cost Accounting
Option Modules A
- Consumer Behaviour
- Business Operations
- Computer Technology
Option Modules B
- Internet Applications
*In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-curricular activities.
Further Studies after the Diploma in Business Administration at Asia Pacific University
Upon successful completion of this programme, you will be eligible to progress into any of the following UK Dual Award degree programmes offered at Asia Pacific University. Students will be awarded the degree from APU as well as Staffordshire University, UK.
Accounting & Finance Degree Programmes at Asia Pacific University (APU)
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance with specialisms in Forensic Accounting
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance with specialisms in Taxation
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance with specialisms in Forex and Investments
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance with specialisms in Internal Audit
- Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons)
- Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) with specialisms in Financial Planning
- Bachelor in Banking and Finance (Hons) with specialisms in Investment and Risk Management
- Bachelor in Islamic Banking and Finance (Hons)
- BSc (Hons) in Actuarial Studies
Business & Management Degree Programmes at Asia Pacific University (APU)
- BA (Hons) in Business Management
- BA (Hons) in Business Management with a specialism in E-Business
- BA (Hons) in International Business Management
- BA (Hons) in Marketing Management
- BA (Hons) in Media Marketing
- BA (Hons) in Media Marketing with a specialism in Social Media