Top Private University for Bachelor of Psychology (Hons) Degree Course at HELP University Subang 2 in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
There are many different things you could do with a psychology degree in Malaysia. You will find that, while they are all very different professions, they all have one thing in common: they involve working with people. The psychology programme will equip you with very important skills in dealing with people, decision-making skills, teamwork and managing people.
The Foundation in Arts and Psychology degree programmes will be at HELP University’s new campus at Subang 2. Students after SPM or O-Levels interested in a career in Psychology can enter into the Foundation in Arts leading to the Psychology degree at HELP University Subang 2 Campus in Malaysia.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
The Best Psychology Programmes Offered at HELP University Subang 2 Campus
HELP University is the pioneer of psychology programmes in Malaysia and is acknowledged to be the best university for psychology in Malaysia. HELP University has about 1300 full time students making them one of the largest undergraduate schools in Asia. The Psychology Faculty at HELP University has over 60 staff with 37 academic staff specialising in various areas in psychology. Psychology students at HELP University can choose from over 200 organisations to perform their internships.
- Bachelor of Psychology (Hons) at HELP University
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Flinders-HELP Joint Degree)
- Bachelor of Business Psychology (Hons) Degree at HELP University
Note that the Australian education system is different where only top students are able to enter into the Honours degree which is the FOURTH year.
Students interested to register for the psychology degree programmes should do so early as the hostel accommodation fills up quickly. Top deserving students may apply for scholarships to study at HELP University.
Entry requirements for the Bachelor of Psychology (Hons) at HELP University Subang 2
- HELP Foundation in Arts/ Foundation in Science
- 2 STPM Grade C/ ‘A’ Level passes and 3 SPM/ ‘O’ Level credits
- 5 Bs in Senior Middle 3 (UEC)
- Overall CPU pass with a minimum average of 50%
- Overall SAM/ TEE pass with a university aggregate of 50%
- Equivalent qualification
And 3 SPM / O-Level credits (all students); with a pass in Bahasa Melayu (for Malaysians only)
Programme details for the Bachelor of Psychology (Hons) at HELP University Subang 2
- 3 years Honours programme
- 35 subjects to be completed in a minimum period of 3 years
- 3-4 hours of teaching per subject per week
- For minor, students are required to complete 8-10 subjects offered in the related specialisation
- 14 week semesters (Jan & Aug), 7 week semester (May); 3 semesters per year
Assessment for the Bachelor of Psychology (Hons) at HELP University Subang 2
- Course work and assignments approximately 40-50%
- Written examination approximately 50-60%
Year 1 Subjects for the Bachelor of Psychology (Hons) at HELP University Subang 2 Campus
- Introduction to Psychology 1 (Biopsychology, Individual Differences, Cognitive Psychology)
- Introduction to Psychology 2 (Social Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Abnormal Psychology)
- Psychology of Personal and Academic Development
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods
- Introduction to Qualitative Methods
- Career Exploration4 MPU subjects
Year 2 Subjects for the Bachelor of Psychology (Hons) at HELP University Subang 2 Campus
- Advanced Quantitative Methods
- Advanced Qualitative Methods
- Social Psychology
- Human Personality
- Developmental Psychology
- Learning and Cognition1 MPU subjectPsychology Electives
Select 3 papers from the following:
- Counselling Skills
- Conflict Theory and Resolution
- Human Services
- Educational Psychology
- Group Process
- Exceptional Children: Developmental Disorders
- Introduction to Psychological Testing
1 General Elective (12 subjects)
Year 3 Subjects for the Bachelor of Psychology (Hons) at HELP University Subang 2 Campus
- Undergraduate Thesis 1
- Undergraduate Thesis 2
- Ethics in Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Career Development & Planning
Select 5 papers from the following:
- Introduction to Industrial / Organisational Psychology
- Counselling Theories and Techniques
- Issues in Contemporary Psychology
- Psychosocial Effects of Substance Abuse
- Forensic Psychology
- Health Psychology
- Cross Cultural Psychology
- Youth Work and Services
- Psychology of Eating
- Human Motivation
- Learning Disabilities
- Psychology of Film
2 General Electives
The Best Reasons to Study Psychology at HELP University Subang 2
- One of the largest undergraduate psychology programs in Asia with over 1,100 full time students majoring in psychology
- A strong faculty consisting of over 41 staff members, with a team of 35 psychology academic staff who specialize in different areas of psychology and counselling
- A pioneer in psychology among private institutions in Malaysia
- 4 Masters programs in psychology for full time students and working adults
- A facilitative and interactive program that attracts top student achievers from all over Malaysia and around the world
- The first non-Australian University to attain the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) accreditation for an undergraduate psychology program
- An all round educational experience that strikes a balance between theory and practice
- Guaranteed transfer arrangements with over 50 top universities in the US, Australia, UK and New Zealand
- Complete academic support services including online access to over 500,000 full text articles from over 370 psychology journals from around the world, including all major journals from the influential American Psychological Association (APA)
- Opportunities for practical training through internships with over 200 organizations
The Top Psychology Programme at HELP University Subang 2 Campus
The Psychology Research Colloquium at HELP University
This is an in-house research conference held twice a year in April and November giving HELP Psychology students the opportunity to present their research to their peers and faculty staff. It refl ects our commitment to train students in how to design, implement, analyse, and report research in psychology.
Psychological & Counselling Services
With a team of Clinical Psychologists and Counsellors, HELP offers students free counselling and consulting services to ensure a high level of mental health. Career counselling and personal development services are also available to all HELP students.
Psychology students who demonstrate academic excellence and good communication skills will be invited to apply for positions as student tutors. Their roles will include giving academic mentoring to students and assisting the lecturers in course preparation.
This opportunity to work with academic staff on research is the ideal training ground for HELP Psychology students wanting to pursue further studies in psychology.
All HELP Psychology students are encouraged to seek work experience in a variety of areas before they graduate. The Department of Psychology will help link students with internship sites in their area of interest.
These seminars are conducted on a weekly basis and are presented by visiting lecturers, professors and speakers from different areas of expertise.
International Conference Fund
The department sets aside funding every year for undergraduate students to present their research papers at international conferences.
Dr Goh Chee Leong, Vice-President and Dean at HELP University. BA (Hons) Psychology (Otago), PhD (Otago). Dr Goh is
the President Elect of ARUPS (ASEAN Regional Union of Psychological Societies) and the President of PSIMA (Malaysian Psychological Association). He is a consultant for many organizations including UNICEF, Maxis, Petronas, DiGi and CIMB. His interests include work psychology, stress and children’s rights.
HELP University’s Psychology Alumni
HELP University’s psychology graduates have gone on to secure scholarships to complete their PhDs in top universities around the world, including Cambridge, Oxford, University College London, London School of Economics, University of Chicago and the University of Pennsylvania.
OLIVER CHAN HENG CHOON
PhD candidate, University of South Florida
Oliver obtained his Masters in Forensic Psychology at Marymount University in 2005 and has worked as an FBI Violent Criminal Apprehension Program Analyst at the Washington DC Metropolitan Police Department’s Homicide Case Review Unit after graduating there. He is now pursuing his PhD in Criminology in the University of South Florida.
SARAH LIM POE YIAN
Management Consultant, Shell
Sarah completed a Psychology honours degree in Bemidji State University. Sarah was the first recipient of the Centre for Psychology Award for being the top student of the HELP psychology program with a Grade A average. She is currently the Planning Lead in Shell’s Application Support Strategy & Planning Organisation.
HANNAH LIM PEI ERN
Hannah won the University of Leeds Award of Excellence in her third year, in addition to receiving a full scholarship from HELP. She was a senior tutor as well as the former president of the HELP Psychology Student Council. She was selected to join GE’s Graduate Leadership Program while studying in HELP. She is currently an HR advisor in Shell Malaysia.
CELESTIE CHAN SHIAO CHING
A former student of Bukit Jalil National Sports School, Kuala Lumpur, Celestie won 3 gold and 2 silver medals during the 2001 SEA Games for gymnastics. With over 7 years of international competitive experience, she was recently appointed the gymnastics coach for the Western Australian State Team.
Working Internships for HELP University Psychology Students
All HELP psychology students are encouraged to seek work experience in a variety of areas before they graduate. The Department of Psychology will help link students with internship sites in their area of interest including social work, corporate psychology, child care and education as well as research and training.
Following are some of the top global organizations that have accepted our students as their interns and employment:
- General Electric (GE)
- World Vision
- Alliance Bank
- Prudential Assurance Malaysia
- Hewitt Associates Sdn Bhd
- National Autism Society of Malaysia (NASOM)
- Johnson & Johnson Malaysia
- Citibank Berhad
- Kurnia Insurance (M) Sdn Bhd
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Youth Malaysia
- Maxis Communications Sdn Bhd
- IBM Global Business Services
- Ogilvy & Mather
- Nanyang Siang Pau
- Teambuilders International
- Deloitte Kassim Chan
- Cardas Research & Consulting Group