Top Bachelor of Business Psychology (Hons) Programme in Malaysia at HELP University Subang 2 Campus
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Business Psychology is an interesting degree course where a solid understanding of human behaviour is applied with business principles to obtain maximum productivity in the workplace. This course will prepare graduates for a successful career in Human Resource Management and management positions in Malaysia.
Students after SPM, UEC, O-Levels, STPM or A-Levels with a strong interest in psychology and yet want to pursue a career in business can go for the Bachelor of Business Psychology (Hons) at the best university in Malaysia for psychology programmes.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
The Best University in Malaysia to Study the Degree in Business Psychology
Business psychology is the study of how an understanding of the psychology of human behaviour can be
applied within business organisations to achieve more effective management practice. The Business Psychology degree programme at HELP University’s new campus at Subang 2 equips students a solid foundation in business, combined with training in psychology that can be leveraged in business settings in Malaysia to help maximize human performance in the workplace.
The programme aims to provide students with knowledge, skills and understanding of business and management, in parallel with an insight into the psychology of individual and group behaviour at work. It will equip future leaders and managers with the theoretical basis and practical skills to manage people effectively and to understand the dynamics of human interaction in the workplace. Students will develop the ability to find practical solutions to people-related problems within organisations.
Students study the functions of business related to management and economics, as well as aspects of human behavior that affect business decision-making and outcomes. In the Business Psychology programme at HELP University, students gain skills that can be used in motivating employees, managing change & human resources, developing teamwork, or resolving conflict.
Graduates of the programme are equipped to succeed in positions where a synthesis of strong business skills and a sound knowledge of human behaviour can be used to make a meaningful impact on an organization’s employees, and increase its productivity and profitability.
HELP University is Ranked as Very Good or Tier 4 in the SETARA 2013 & SETARA 2011 by MQA. The top university rank achieved by HELP University affirms their commitment and position as one of the best universities in Malaysia.
HELP University is the pioneer of psychology programmes in Malaysia and is acknowledged to be the best university for psychology in Malaysia. Students will get to study the Foundation in Arts, Business and Psychology degree programmes at the new Subang 2 Campus.
Scholarships are available for deserving students. Students may register online at HELP University by clicking here.
Best Business Courses in Malaysia at HELP University Subang 2 Campus
The Faculty of Business, Economics and Accounting at HELP University offers students an exciting and diverse learning experience and it also nurtures critical skills to ensure their success in the career world.
Among the valuable skills that they learn are: managing uncertainty, working in teams, resolving conflicts, effective presentation and negotiation and entrepreneurship.
The Faculty of Business, Economics and Accounting is a comprehensive business and hospitality and tourism management school distinguished for the quality of its academic staff, the depth of its programs, the recognition accorded by world class universities, accreditation from professional bodies and its close links with industry.
It was formed in 1986 at the inception of HELP in the same year. At present, we are the largest academic faculty at HELP University with an enrolment of about 2,500 undergraduate students.
HELP University offers the Bachelor of Business (Hons) program which allows students to specialise in one of these seven
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Hospitality Management
HELP University’s business curriculum is broad based in nature. It emphasises active learning through problem-solving and uses real-life case studies. HELP University’s accounting program is the first from a university in Malaysia to be accredited by CPA, Australia.
Furthermore, the accounting program is granted maximum exemptions by professional bodies such as ACCA, ICAEW and MAICSA. HELP University’s business students can transfer credits to many top universities in Australia, UK and New Zealand, including the University of Queensland, University of Melbourne, Australian National University, University of New South Wales, Leeds University and many others.
In addition, HELP University’s business program is one of the very few business programs in the world where students are able to transfer their credits into the final year of the University of Queensland Business/Commerce program.
HELP University has various internship and graduate training programs with many leading multinational companies including General Electric, KPMG, PWC, Ernst & Young, Deloitte and BDO Binder. Hence HELP University’s graduates are preferred employees for top companies in Malaysia.
HELP is a popular choice for students wishing to pursue business, tourism and hospitality studies not only because of its academic excellence and teaching quality. They also provide students a wide range of services and extracurricular activities aimed at building character, infusing leadership qualities and positive values, and taking care of their physical, mental and emotional health.
Program Details for the Bachelor of Business Psychology (Hons) at HELP University Subang 2
- 3-year honours program
- 31 subjects including a graduation project
- 14 weeks for full semester; 7 weeks for half semester
Assessment Most subjects follow the assessment pattern below:
- Continuous assessment – 50%
- Final examination – 50%
- Total – 100%
Year 1 Subjects for the Bachelor of Business Psychology (Hons) at HELP University Subang 2 (11 compulsory subjects)
- ACC 101 Financial Accounting 1
- ECO 101 Principles of Microeconomics
- LAW101 Business Law
- MGT101 Principles of Management
- MKT101 Principles of Marketing
- QBM 101 Business Statistics
- BPSY105 Introduction to Quantitative Methods
- BPSY106 Introduction to Qualitative Methods
- BPSY111 Introduction to Psychology 1
- BPSY112 Introduction to Psychology 2
- BPSY113 Psychology of Personal and Academic Development
Year 2 Subjects for the Bachelor of Business Psychology (Hons) at HELP University Subang 2 (6 compulsory subjects)
- HRM 201 Managing Human Resources
- MKT201 Consumer Behavior
- MGT203 Business Research
- BPSY205 Social Psychology
- BPSY207 Human Psychology
- BPSY210 Conflict Theory & Resolution
Year 3 Subjects for the Bachelor of Business Psychology (Hons) at HELP University Subang 2 (6 compulsory subjects)
- MGT302 Change Management
- BPSY302 Introduction to Industrial/ Organizational Psychology
- BPSY310 Cross Cultural Psychology
- BPSY314 Introduction to Economic Psychology
- LAW309 Psychology & Law
- MGT400 Graduation Project
- Elective Subjects Students are required to do 3 elective subjects from Year 2 and 3 (at least one subject from Year 3)
5 Compulsory MPU Subjects
MPU1 (to do 2 subjects)
- MPU3123 Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia (Malaysian students)
- MPU3173 Pengajian Malaysia 3 (International students)
- MPU3113 Hubungan Etnik (Malaysian students)
- MPU3143 Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 (International students)
MPU2 (choose 1)
- MPU3233 Leadership in Business
- MPU3213 B ahasa Kebangsaan A* *for Malaysian students without a credit in SPM Bahasa Melayu
MPU3 (choose 1)
- MPU3313 C omparative Ethics for Malaysia
- MPU3323 M alaysian Constitution
- MPU3333 M alaysian Digital Transformation
- MPU3343 C areer Pathways in the field of Behavioral Sciences in Malaysia
- MPU3353 Personal Financial Planning in Malaysia
MPU4 (choose 1) MPU3412 C o-curriculum – Sports 2
- MPU3422 C o-curriculum – Community Service 2
- MPU3432 C o-curriculum – Event Management 2
Seminars (Career Skills)
Seminars covering the following areas will be conducted and all students are required to attend. Although these seminars do not count as credits towards graduation, all HELP graduates must be trained in the following essential skills:
- Resolving Conflicts
- Interpersonal Dynamics
- Team Building Assessment
Entry Requirements into the International Business Degree Programme at HELP University Subang 2
- HELP Foundation in Arts/Foundation in Science
- HELP Diploma in Business/Diploma in Information Technology
- 2 Cs in STPM
- 2 A-Level passes
- 5 Bs in Senior Middle 3 (UEC )
- 5 CPU passes with a minimum average of 50%
- University Aggregate of 50% or ATAR score of at least 50 for various Australian Matriculation Programs
- Equivalent qualification
and 3 O-level/SPM credits (plus a pass in SPM Bahasa Melayu and Sejarah)
The Best Reasons to Study Psychology at HELP University
- One of the largest undergraduate psychology programs in Asia with over 1,100 full time students majoring in psychology
- A strong faculty consisting of over 41 staff members, with a team of 35 psychology academic staff who specialize in different areas of psychology and counselling
- A pioneer in psychology among private institutions in Malaysia
- 4 Masters programs in psychology for full time students and working adults
- A facilitative and interactive program that attracts top student achievers from all over Malaysia and around the world
- The first non-Australian University to attain the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) accreditation for an undergraduate psychology program
- An all round educational experience that strikes a balance between theory and practice
- Guaranteed transfer arrangements with over 50 top universities in the US, Australia, UK and New Zealand
- Complete academic support services including online access to over 500,000 full text articles from over 370 psychology journals from around the world, including all major journals from the influential American Psychological Association (APA)
- Opportunities for practical training through internships with over 200 organizations