First Rate Electrical & Electronic Engineering Degree Accredited by Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU)
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Asia Pacific University is ranked as Excellent of Tier 5 in the SETARA 2013 & 2011 rating by MQA. APU’s engineering degrees are accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM). These make Asia Pacific University (APU) as one of the best private universities in Malaysia to study the electrical & electronic engineering degree programme.
Top ranked Asia Pacific University (APU) offers the B. Eng (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering that’s accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) and MQA. The engineering programmes offered by the School of Engineering at Asia Pacific University (APU) are current in terms of technology and are market driven, thus having great employment opportunities. They provide an education based on a theoretical, experimental and ethical foundation enhanced by opportunities for participation in research, internships and interdisciplinary programme.
Students after SPM or O-Levels may go for the Foundation in Engineering at Asia Pacific University for 1 year before continuing on to the 4-year Electrical & Electronic Engineering degree. With 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels including Maths & Science, students may go for the 2-year Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering at APIIT and then enter into Year 2 of the Engineering degree at Asia Pacific University. Pre-University students with the relevant results in STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT, etc. can enter directly into Year 1 of the engineering degree.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) Accredited Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering course at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The B. Eng (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering programme at Asia Pacific University is specifically designed to provide:
- High-quality undergraduate engineering education by providing students with a curriculum that is firmly grounded in electrical & electronic engineering fundamentals.
- A study in both the areas of electronics fundamentals as well as electrical power systems including the areas of generation, transmission and distribution of electrical energy.
- The technical skills required for the application in the fields of communication and the IT industry through a well balanced curriculum which includes the study of signals and computing.
Admission Requirements for the B. Eng (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering programme at Asia Pacific University
- Pass STPM with at least principal / full pass / grade C (CGPA 2.0) in Mathematics and Physics or Chemistry and pass SPM with credit in Mathematics and one of the relevant Science subjects – Physics / Chemistry / Technical / Vocational; OR
- Pass ‘A’ Levels with at least a pass in Mathematics and Physics or Chemistry and pass ‘O’ Levels / GCSE or equivalent with Grade C in Mathematics and one of the science subjects – Physics or Chemistry; OR
- Pass UEC or Senior Middle Three (SM3) with Grade B in five (5) subjects including Mathematics and one of the relevant Science subjects – Physics or Chemistry and a pass in Bahasa Malaysia; OR
- Pass the APU Foundation or equivalent; OR
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
Graduates of APU Bachelor of Engineering in their respective programs are expected within five years of graduation to attain the following programme educational objectives:
- Be a practicing engineer contributing to the development of Electrical or Electronic Engineering while demonstrating professionalism.
- Pursue engineering innovation via career advancement opportunities and/or advanced studies in Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
An Electrical Engineer may be responsible for research, design , development, manufacturing and
management of complex hardware and software systems and reliable, cost effective devices, many involving the use of new information and computer intensive technologies. These include:
- Integrated electronic systems
- Renewable energy systems
- Generation, transmission and distribution of electrical power
- Instrumentation in electrical and electronic systems
Programme Outcomes for the B. Eng (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering programme at Asia Pacific University
The students, upon completion of their study, should attain the following outcomes:
- Ability to gain and apply principles of Mathematics, Science and Engineering.
- Ability to identify engineering problems and apply engineering principles to solve them.
- Ability to recognize and apply suitable tools and techniques for engineering practical applications.
- Ability to investigate complex engineering problems using research techniques.
- Ability to design innovative solutions for complex engineering problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Ability to comprehend and demonstrate current good practices of engineering for sustainable
- development and environmental considerations.
- Ability to practice safety, health, social, cultural and legal responsibilities as an engineer.
- Ability to execute the responsibilities of an Engineer professionally and ethically.
- Ability to function effectively as a team leader or a member in a team.
- Ability to recognize the need for, and be able to engage in independent and life-long learning towards continuous professional development.
- Ability to demonstrate and apply the knowledge and understanding of engineering management and finance.
Year 1 Subjects for the B. Eng (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering programme at Asia Pacific University
These modules provide an appropriate platform for an Engineering Professional to understand the basic principles of engineering in the areas of Circuit Analysis, Engineering Materials, Engineering Statics & Dynamics and Engineering Design. In addition, a thorough grounding in principles of IT and management are provided by the Programming and Management modules. Modules such as Engineering Mathematics and Introduction to Management provide the basic academic skills required to meet the demands of employers. Important and relevant skills for managing activities and for your own independent learning are also introduced.
- Analysis of Circuits
- Engineering Materials
- Introduction to Management
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Introduction to C Programming
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Instrumentation & Measurement
- Engineering Design
- Engineering Statics & Dynamics
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
Year 2 Subjects for the B. Eng (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering programme at Asia Pacific University
Here, you start specialising in modules that develop the necessary underlying knowledge and skills in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Further, in-depth Electrical and Electronic skills are developed here with modules such as Electromagnetic Field Theory, Engineering Software & Applications, Analogue Electronics, Digital Electronics, Signals & Linear Systems, Electrical Machines 1& 2 and Electrical Power Utilisation. Engineering Mathematics is provided for the better understanding of the engineering modules.
- Analogue Electronics
- Engineering Mathematics 3
- Electromagnetic Field Theory
- Digital Electronics
- Engineering Software & Applications
- Signals & Linear Systems
- Electrical Machines 1
- Electrical Power Utilization
- Electrical Machines 2
Year 3 Subjects for the B. Eng (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering programme at Asia Pacific University
Specialised knowledge and skills in the areas of Control Engineering, Communication Engineering Principles, Multimedia Applications, Computer Architecture, Microprocessor Systems & Embedded Software, Digital Signal Processing, Numerical Methods & Statistics, Power Electronic & Drives, Power System Analysis and Generation, Transmission & Distribution of Electrical Power are a critical focus of this level. There is further development of the ability to apply relevant engineering skills with strong critical thinking and analysis.
Independent learning continues in all modules.
- Control Engineering
- Communication Engineering Principles
- Multimedia Applications
- Computer Architecture
- Numerical Methods & Statistics
- Microprocessor Systems & Embedded Software
- Power System Analysis
- Generation, Transmission & Distribution of Electrical Power
- Power Electronics & Drives
Electives (Choose 1)
Digital Signal Processing
Product Creation Technology
Industry placement with a suitable organisation for a minimum period of 12 weeks, after completing Year 3 and before the commencement of Year 4.
Year 4 Subjects for the B. Eng (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering programme at Asia Pacific University
The final year Engineering modules provide the necessary industry application technological skills which will become very useful for employment upon graduation. These modules include, VLSI Design, Analogue Integrated Circuits & Systems, and High Voltage Engineering. Your personal and professional development is enhanced by the module in Engineer in Society and Engineering Project Management. You will enhance your technical capability and understand how to innovate, generate and manage the creation of new ideas.
The Project Phase I (Investigation) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering will enable students to take on R&D with commercialisation. The Electrical and Electronics Engineering Project Phase II (Implementation) also develops the academic and practical aspects of your chosen areas of study and reinforces your independent learning skills. This is where you will demonstrate higher level critical thinking, analysis and solutions development skills which will enhance your employability.
- Engineering Project Management
- Project Phase I (Investigation)
- Project Phase II (Implementation)
- Group Engineering Design Project
- Engineer in Society
- High Voltage Engineering
- Analogue Integrated Circuits & Systems
Electives (Choose one)
- VLSI Design
- Optical Communication and Networks
CAREERS IN ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING
From geographical information systems that can continuously provide the location of a vehicle to giant electric power generators, electrical and electronics engineers are responsible for a wide range of technologies. A degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering offers challenging opportunities over a wide range of activities from research and design to operations, management and planning. Career choices are in diverse areas such as Power Systems, Electrical equipment manufacturing and testing, Biomedical Engineering and Computer Systems Engineering and also as technical experts on engineering projects in the Banking and Finance Industry.
Asia Pacific University (APU) Engineering Degree Accredited by Board of Engineers Accredited (BEM)
The Engineering Degrees of these universities are accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) which is a signatory to the Washington Accord. This accreditation ensures that Engineering Graduates will have the following benefits in countries who are signatories of the Washington Accord:
- Opportunities to register as a Graduate Engineer with Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) or the relevant professional bodies in other countries who are signatories under the Washington Accord.
- Pathways to becoming a Professional or Chartered Engineer.
- Assurance that graduates are considered as having met international academic standards for engineering practice.