First Electronic Engineering Majoring in Robotics & Automation in Malaysia at Award-Winning Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Multimedia University (MMU) is the first private university in Malaysia & first to offer the Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Robotics and Automation. Multimedia University (MMU) is ranked 179th in Asia according to Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University rankings for 2018. In the 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject again listed Multimedia University (MMU) as the No. 1 private university in Malaysia for “Electrical & Electronics Engineering”. Having won hundreds of awards, Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka offer the best course in Electronics Engineering majoring in Robotics & Automation in Malaysia.
Students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 3 credits wanting to study at a top ranked university in Malaysia and globally can go for the Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering programme at the Faculty of Engineering & Technology at Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka. Upon completion of the Electrical & Electronics Diploma, students can choose to enter into Year 2 of the degree programme in Electronics Engineering majoring in Robotics & Automation thats accredited by the Board of Engineering Malaysia (BEM) and MQA. Students who have 5 credits in SPM or O-Levels may go for the Foundation in Engineering. Pre-University students with the relevant results in STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT, etc. can enter directly into Year 1 of the engineering degree.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Best in Malaysia for Robotics & Automation Engineering at Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka Campus
Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka’s Faculty of Engineering and Technology offers an undergraduate programme leading to the Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics) degree majoring in Robotics and Automation.
For students planning for professional careers in the fields of industry automation, this engineering programme provides a complete undergraduate training in robotics and automation fields, such as advanced robotics, machine vision, applied dynamics, knowledge system and neural computing, digital control system, microprocessor system, automation and power technology.
In addition, the students are also exposed to basic engineering training in circuit and signal analysis, field theory, electronics, control theory, power systems, machines, communications and engineering mathematics. To better prepare the students for the engineering professional career, courses in basic management, economics, accounting and law are also included. This programme also provides students with industrial experience and research training, by requiring students to complete industrial training and graduation projects.
The Faculty of Engineering & Technology teaching staff at Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka possess at least a Master for lecturers, at least 2nd Class Upper Bachelor degree for tutors in MMU. About 80% Multimedia University (MMU) engineering tutors has 1st class and 35% lecturers with PhD. More than 40% of MMU’s engineering graduates secure jobs before completion of studies while more than 96% of them secure jobs within 6 months after graduation.
Career Prospects for Graduates from the Robotics & Automation Engineering Degree at Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka
- Robotics Engineer
- Industrial Automation
- Control Engineer
- Automotive Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Production Engineer
- Mechatronics Engineer
- Engineering Academician
Programme Structure for the Robotics & Automation Engineering Degree at Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka
Year 1 Subjects for the Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics) degree majoring in Robotics and Automation at Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka
- Computer and Program Design
- Algorithm & Data Structure
- Circuit Theory Field Theory
- Engineering Mathematics I
- Engineering Mathematics II
- Electronics I
- Electronics II
- Digital Logic Design
- Electronics III
- Instrumentation & Measurement Techniques
- Introduction to Machines & Power Systems
Year 2 Subjects for the Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics) degree majoring in Robotics and Automation at Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka
- Computer Organization & Architecture
- Microcontroller & Microprocessor Systems
- Circuits & Signals
- Engineering Mathematics III
- Power Technology
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Control Theory
- Engineering Mechanics
- Analog & Digital Communication
Year 3 Subjects for the Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics) degree majoring in Robotics and Automation at Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka
- Multimedia Technology & Applications
- Project Management for Engineers
- Design Project
- Machine Vision
- Industrial Training
Year 4 Subjects for the Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics) degree majoring in Robotics and Automation at Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka
- Manufacturing & Operation Management
- Advanced Robotics
- Data Communications & Computer Networking
- Knowledge-based Systems
- Communications Electronics
- Semiconductor Packaging & Test
- Theory of Machines
- Electromagnetic Interference
- Introduction to CIM
- Digital Signal Processing
- Java Technology
- Advanced Microprocessors
- Embedded System Design
- Object Oriented Programming with C++
- Practical FPGA Design and Interfacing
- Quality Engineering
- Digital Control Systems
Conducive Learning Environment at Multimedia University (MMU)
Learning goes beyond books. At MMU, you will have all these various facilities and settings that will make learning fun, comfortable, and memorable.
- Convenient accommodation. A calm and safe base for you to re-energise yourself every day, both on-campus and within walking distance off-campus.
- Intelligent labs. High-tech labs to boost the teaching and learning process. These are the Innov8 Lab, SiRi Learning Lab, SMART Lab, and an e-Moot Court.
- Digital Libraries. Well-stocked libraries with print and digital resources to cover your reading needs and habit.
- Cutting edge mind-set. Surround yourself with like-minded individuals who are seeking for ways to best prepare themselves for a dynamic and challenging future.
- Extensive infrastructure. Computers galore, campus-wide Wi-Fi, 24-hour security, ample parking, food and drink outlets, and many others.
- Location. Cyberjaya – An intelligent city housing many high-tech firms that could one day become your workplace. Melaka – A city bustling with life and activities that is a wealth of experience to your life.
- Healthy lifestyle. Multiple sports tracks and fields, indoor sports centres, various courts and pitches, in addition to numerous clubs and societies. Olympic-sized swimming pool A swimming pool fit for champions right in the heart of Cyberjaya.
Financial Assistance at Multimedia University (MMU)
- Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN) is the Malaysian government body offering national educational loan for Malaysian students enrolling for Foundation, Diploma and Degree programmes. Amount of the loan is subject to PTPTN’s approval . PTPN Loan is available for Foundation programmes at Multimedia University (MMU).
- Skim Prihatin Pendidikan 1Malaysia (SPP1M) or 1Malaysia Education Caring Scheme is additional financial assistance to deserving students to pursue quality degree qualifications in identified disciplines and courses. This additional financial assistance will act as a top-up fund to their existing fun or scholarship.
- Scholarships are available to deserving students.
Multimedia University (MMU) is an Award-Winning & Top Ranking University in Malaysia for Engineering Courses
In 2009, MMU was ranked at 171 by THES-QS in the Asian University Rankings, the first private university in Malaysia to achieve such a feat. The 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject again listed Multimedia University (MMU) as the No. 1 private university in Malaysia for “Electrical & Electronics Engineering”. Since 2015, MMU has been placed in the top 151-200 universities worldwide by QS World University Rankings by subject Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
In the Malaysia Open VEX Championship 2017 (MOVC2017), Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka team swept the Excellence Award and will be representing Malaysia in the Grand Finale VEX Worlds 2017 at Louisville, Kentucky, USA. Furthermore, MMU lecturer from the Faculty of Engineering and Technology (FET ) Melaka, Dr. Ervina Efzan Mhd Noor, won a gold medal at The 8th EUROPEAN Exhibition of Creativity and Innovation (EUROINVENT 2016 ). These are among the hundreds of awards & achievements of the engineering students and staff at Multimedia University (MMU) showing that MMU is the best private university in Malaysia for engineering.
The Faculty of Engineering & Technology teaching staff at Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka possess at least a Master for lecturers, at least 2nd Class Upper Bachelor degree for tutors in MMU. About 80% Multimedia University (MMU) engineering tutors has 1st class and 35% lecturers with PhD.
The engineering programmes in MMU are accredited by the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA) and the Engineering Accreditation Council (EAC) as well as recognised by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM).
Hence, MMU’s engineering graduates can readily seek employment or be admitted into top international universities for postgraduate studies. More than 40% of MMU’s engineering graduates secure jobs before completion of studies while more than 96% of them secure jobs within 6 months after graduation.
Multimedia University (MMU) has some of the best teaching labs among private universities in Malaysia. Students have the opportunity to experience for themselves the various principles of engineering in action through the numerous hands-on experiments.
There are also various activities conducted in collaboration with the industry that expose students to real world challenges that require innovative engineering solutions. MMU’s strong partnerships with global industry players that include Fortune 500 companies have led to the establishment of state-of-the-art research and teaching facilities such as Intel Advanced Architecture Lab, Panasonic Computing Lab, Huawei Digital Lifestyle and Innovation Centre and Motorola Wireless Broadband Technology Lab.
Multimedia University (MMU) has a vibrant Student engineering society and professional engineering student chapters such as The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and Institution of Engineers, Malaysia (IEM) as well as ‘Multimedia University Engineering Society
Overseas Research Programme'(MESCORP) for students to grow in leadership and soft-skills, as MMU recognises the growing importance of these human aspects of what engineers do.
In line with the Multimedia University (MMU)’s vision to be a leading engineering faculty in Malaysia for creation, preservation and dissemination of knowledge, MMU lecturers/professors/researchers at Faculty of Engineering has never failed to actively engage themselves in the forefront R&D activities for the creation of new knowledge and technology where scientific findings are presented and published in various reputable international conferences, and prestigious journals of international standing.
MMU also enjoys great support and close research collaborations with some top names in the industries in Malaysia such as Intel, NTT, Nokia, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Matsushita, Ericsson, Agilent , coupled with the constant arrangement of invited lecture series that brings renowned engineers and scholars to MMU from across the world, has helped MMU to ensure the multi-skilled engineering graduates they produce stay relevant to the fast changing industry trends and needs.
Multimedia University (MMU) Engineering Degrees are Accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia and MQA
MQA (Malaysian Qualifications Agency), Institute of Engineers Malaysia (IEM), and Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM). MQA and BEM are government bodies and IEM is a professional body. In October 2000, MQA, BEM, and IEM form the Engineering Accreditation Council (EAC) as a one-stop centre for Engineering degree accreditation in Malaysia. All Courses conducted in MMU have been approved by EAC and LAN.
In each country, there is a professional engineering body that decides whether it wants to accept foreign engineers or not. Examples of the professional bodies are, in
|Malaysia||The Institution of Engineers, Malaysia (IEM),|
|USA||Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)|
|Canada||Canadian Council of Professional Engineers (CCPE)|
|South Africa||Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA)|
|UK||Engineering Council of the United Kingdom (EC)|
|Hong Kong||Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE)|
|Australia||Institution of Engineers, Australia (IEAust)|
|New Zealand:||Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand (IPENZ)|
|Ireland:||Institution of Engineers of Ireland (IEI)|
The Malaysian Engineering Accreditation Council has recently been accepted as a probationary signatory of the Washington Accord, which is a forum where signatory members recognize each other’s engineers to realize the global mobility of engineers. So far USA, UK, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, and Ireland are signatories in the Washington Accord, while Germany, Malaysia, Japan, and Singapore are probationary signatories.
Multimedia University (MMU) Engineering Facilities & Labs at the Faculty of Engineering & Technology Melaka Campus
There are currently 29 laboratories (headed by Laboratory Management Committee) in Faculty of Engineering and Technology (FET). These laboratories support the teaching of Foundation in Engineering and 6 degree programmes offered at FET, namely Embedded System Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing Management Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering majoring in Telecommunications, Electronics Engineering majoring in Robotics And Automation and Electronics Engineering majoring in Bio-Instrumentation.
These laboratories also support the research activities by the staff.
The list of laboratories are as follows:
- Computer and Design Laboratory
- Computer Laboratory 1
- Computer Laboratory 2
- Bio-Instrumentation Laboratory
- Thermodynamics Laboratory
- Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
- CAM Laboratory
- Mechanical Workshop
- Material Laboratory
- Applied Mechanics Laboratory
- Automation Laboratory
- Energy System Laboratory
- Computer Based Training Laboratory
- Microprocessor Laboratory
- Robotics Laboratory
- Electronics Laboratory
- Project Laboratory
- PCB Laboratory
- Applied Electromagnetic Laboratory
- Telecommunications Laboratory
- Einstein Lab
- Newton Lab
- Centre for Remote Sensing & Surveillance Technologies
- Centre for Advanced Materials & Green Technology
- Centre for Robotics & Automation
- Solid State Electronics Research Lab
- Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology Research Lab
- Communication Systems & Algorithms Lab
- Digital VLSI Design Lab
- Robotics Workshop
- Graduate Office
Entry Requirements for the Engineering Programmes at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya and Melaka
Foundation in Engineering Entry Requirements
- Pass SPM / O Level or its equivalent with minimum of grade C in at least five (5) subjects, inclusive of English, Mathematics and one Engineering-related subject.
- Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least four (4) subjects inclusive of Mathematics, English and one Engineering-related subject.
- Other equivalent qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government
Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering & Diploma in Telecommunication Engineering Entry Requirements
- Pass SPM/O-level or its equivalent with minimum of grade C in at least four (4) subjects, inclusive of Mathematics and one Science / Engineering subject and a pass in English
- Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least three (3) subjects inclusive of Mathematics, and one Science subject
- Pass certificate in a related field from a recognised institution.
Engineering Degree Entry Requirements
- Pass Foundation / Matriculation in related field from a recognised institution
- Pass STPM / A Level or its equivalent with 3 principals inclusive of Mathematics and Physics
- Pass Diploma in related field from a recognised institution
- Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least five (5) subjects inclusive of Mathematics and Physics