Study the Best Diploma in Mass Communication Course Supported by State-of-the-Art Facilities at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
There are many colleges and universities offering the Diploma in Mass Communication as well as the degree which makes it difficult for students to choose the best university for Mass Communication or Mass Comm. Students after SPM or O-Levels wanting a top notch diploma in mass communication programme supported by technologically advanced facilities can go to KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Choose the Best University in Malaysia to Study the Diploma in Mass Communication
Students interested in pursuing a career in Mass Communication must choose a university where the student culture is one that speaks English. With an English-speaking environment, Mass Comm students can improve their English speaking and writing skills which will help them greatly in their career.
People who work in Mass Communication will need to deal with the English media, write or edit press releases, write radio jingles, come up with advertising taglines, and more. Therefore, a strong command of the English language will ensure a successful career.
Why Study Mass Communication at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
- INDUSTRY-RELEVANT PROGRAMMES
KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie programmes are designed with the industry’s needs in mind, with an emphasis on holistic education and integrating classroom learning with real world projects in partnership with industry professionals.
- CUTTING EDGE FACILITIES
KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie students have the opportunity to experience state-of-the-art facilities such as editing suites for video and digital editing, professional photography studios, radio broadcast studio and sound recording studios capable of producing albums.
- A ROBUST COMMUNITY FOR TALENT DEVELOPMENT
KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie students are constantly encouraged to push the boundaries of creativity not only through project works and stage plays, but also through various competitions. We also regularly invite industry managers and renowned artistes from across the region to share their experiences.
Diploma in Mass Communication at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
In preparing you for a range of careers in the mass communication field, the Diploma in Mass Communication course at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie will take you through a broad spectrum of subjects such as advertising, public relations, journalism and publishing, film studies, photography, media design and broadcast design.
The modern syllabus will present numerous opportunities for you to have fun while acquiring the knowledge and skills you would need to succeed.
The Diploma in Mass Communication at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie allows students a deeper insight into different aspects of the industry that will help them decide on their specialisation in the future.
Designed with the perfect balance of theory and practice, students are encouraged to apply what they’ve learned through various projects in and out of the classroom. From working the camera and crafting copy to organising events and creating strategies, students in this programme master the art of pitching ideas, consumer behaviour analysis and how to reach out to new target markets.
Upon completion of the programme, students may opt to pursue their undergraduate studies or explore various exciting options in relation to mass media.
YEAR 1 Subjects for the Diploma in Mass Communication Programme at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
- Critical Thinking & Reading Skills
- Introduction to Computing and IT
- Introduction to Film Studies
- Introduction to Mass Communication
- Introduction to Radio Production
- Introduction to Sociology
- Media Research Methods
- Media, Culture & Society
- News Writing and Reporting for Print Media
- Principles of Public Relations
- Principles of Advertising
- Public Speaking Skills
- Writing & Referencing Skills
YEAR 2 Subjects for the Diploma in Mass Communication Programme at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
- Communication Law
- Consumer Behaviour
- Creative Strategy
- Desktop Publishing
- Media Planning
- Multimedia & Web Development
- News Writing for E Media
- Organisational Communication
- Photo Communication
- Practical Training
- Principles of Copy Writing
Students interested to register online for KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie’s course can click on this link. Scholarships are available for deserving students.
Communication & Creative Arts Facilities at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
Industry standard facilities designed especially forKDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie Communication & Creative Arts students in order to give them a taste of the real-world, by working on live projects.
- Black Box – A special studio with mirrors for entertainment arts students to practice their performances and dances
- KDU FM – Radio Broadcast Studio – With top notch equipment capable of internal broadcast, students are able to host and air their own radio show.
- The Frame – TV Production Station – There is no better way for students to get a glimpse of working in the broadcasting world than experiencing the tools and tricks behind the scenes at our TV production station.
- Pixel – Mac Lab – Students are able to learn and hone their editing skills using industry relevant softwares provided.
- Creative Waves – Radio Production & Recording Studio – Classes conducted here give students a chance to experience the process that goes behind a radio production.
- Shutters – Photography Studio – The professional photography equipments available here allows students to practise in a professional studio.
High Job Demand in Malaysia for Mass Communication Graduates with a Good Command of the English Language
Mass communication graduates in Malaysia can find jobs in the news media, advertising or public
relations agencies, publishing houses, and research institutes. Mass Comm graduates can also pursue careers in broadcasting, film, media, advertising, public relations, corporate communication, journalism, event management or photojournalism. There are thousands of jobs out there for mass comm graduates. Almost every medium and large company need at least one Public Relations staff.
You can work as a Public Relations executive in many types of industries such as banks, property, hotels, hospitals, private colleges & universities, financial institutions, restaurants, fast food chains, retail, fashion, and more.
- Writes and composes materials for advertisements, brochures, etc
- Suggests names for new products, writes slogans and designs packaging.
- Compares products or services to find selling points.
- Creates appealing and catchy advertisements.
- Writes advertisements for newspapers, magazines, television, billboards and shops.
- Produces brochures and reports.
- Utilises computers to produce professionally designed documents.
- Prepares proposals to win work contracts.
- Produces graphics for clients’ approval.
Advertising & Promotions Executive
- Plans and carries out advertising campaigns for a product or service effectively and efficiently.
- Understands the complexity of different advertising media, print and video production techniques, copywriting, event management and dealing with people at different levels.
- Oversees each project and provides support for both the accounts and creative teams.
- Ensures the smooth flow of projects and strict adherence to schedules.
Public Relations Manager
- Creates and maintains public awareness about the products or services.
- Develops and maintains relations with the mass media.
- Prepares speeches, press releases and brochures, advertisements etc.
- Co-ordinates special events, promotions, exhibitions etc.
A summary of the Mass Communication jobs that you can work as in Malaysia
- Multimedia Producer
- Broadcast Producer
- Film Producer/Director
- Creative Director
- Digital Designer
- Advertising Manager
- Media Manager
- Research Manager
- Brand Manager
- Account Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Internet Marketing Manager