Phenomenal Diploma in Fashion Design at Saito University College
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
If you are a creative person, love fashion and clothes, then pursuing a career in the fast paced fashion design world may be just for you. As a fashion designer in Malaysia, your job is to design and produce your own garments and products. When you start out as a fashion designer, it’s likely you will be working in an assistant capacity. As you develop your skills, you will gain more responsibility, including the opportunity to produce your own ideas and creations. Eventually, you may launch your own fashion label.
In order to succeed in the competitive world of fashion design, students must choose the best college in Malaysia for fashion design to study at so that they can gain the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed. Students after SPM or O-Levels can enter the 2.5-year Diploma in Fashion Design at Saito University College with at least 3 credits.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Outstanding Diploma in Fashion Design at Saito University College
With more than 20 years of experience, Saito University College is one of the best colleges for multimedia design in Malaysia with many award-winning students, highly experienced & qualified lecturers and having produced thousands of graduates highly in demand by the industry. Not only Saito College is a top college in design in Malaysia, their fees are also affordable therefore making it accessible to students to achieve their dreams.
Saito College achieved a 6 Star rating in the 2013 Malaysia Quality Evaluation System (MyQuest) which is the highest for colleges in Malaysia.
Entry Requirements for Design Diploma Courses at Saito College
The minimum entry requirement for the diploma programme is one of the following:
- SPM Certificate with three credits
- Senior Middle Three UEC with 3Bs
- GCE/’O’ Levels certificate or equivalent with three credits
Students who do not fulfill the entry requirements listed above can still enter into our Certificate of Creative Design course before continuing on with their diploma.
Minimum entry requirements for the Certificate in Creative Design will be as follows:
- SPM Certificate with at least one credit
- GCE/’O’ Levels certificate or equivalent with at least one credit.
YEAR 1 Subjects for the Diploma in Fashion Design at Saito College
- Introduction to Fashion Design 1
- Fashion Drawing 1
- Women’s Wear Pattern Drafting 1
- English 1
- Mata Pelajaran Pengajian Umum 1
- Introduction To Fashion Design 2
- Fashion Drawing 2
- Women’s Wear Pattern Drafting 2
- Women’s Wear Draping 1
- Mata Pelajaran Pengajian Umum 2
- English 2
- Women’s Wear Draping 2
- Mata Pelajaran Pengajian Umum 3
YEAR 2 Subjects for the Diploma in Fashion Design at Saito College
- Fashion Design Project 1
- Advance Women’s Wear Pattern Drafting
- Advance Women’s Wear Draping
- CAD 1
- Textile Application
- Fashion Design for Traditional Wear
- Fashion Costume History
- CAD 2
- Mata Pelajaran Pengajian Umum 4
- Fashion Marketing & Merchandising
- *Accessories Design / *Styling & Beauty
- Introduction to Art To Wear
YEAR 3 Subjects for the Diploma in Fashion Design at Saito College
- Fashion Portfolio
- Business Communication
- Fashion Design Project 2
You will be trained in design software by Adobe Certified Instructors (ACI). You can choose to take the Adobe Certification Exam during your study in Saito College to become an Adobe Certified Associate. Adobe Certification is recognised worldwide as the de facto Design Certification.
Internships for Graphic Design Students at Saito College
Internship is compulsory within the academic curricular. It is the pre-arranged programme of student attachment with companies within the industry for 3-6 months period. Students will be awarded credits for the internship. Students benefit greatly from these internship attachments as they have the opportunity to apply their theoretical knowledge into real life projects with the help of working professionals.
Excellent Design Facilities at Saito College
Saito has prepared comprehensive and advanced facilities for Saito students to not only make sure they enjoy their academic lives at Saito, but also provide the support and tools that will help them succeed in their studies.
The teaching facilities in Saito College consist of up-to-date MacLab and PC Labs, Art & Design studios, Canon EOS Photography Studio, Video Editing Suit and workstations. Besides that the college also provides wireless broadband internet in the library and within the college compound.
Saito has among others facilities such as:
- Computer labs equipped with advanced desktop computers
- Mac Labs
- A library that houses an enormous number of printed and electronic materials that include printed book, electronic books, magazines, publications and periodicals that are carefully selected to be highly relevant to the courses at Saito and will help inspire Saito students in their studies.
- Comprehensive sports facilities for football, futsal, Sepak Takraw, volleyball, badminton and indoor games at our facilities, (Courts are rented and available at all hostels)
- Hostels for students
- Art Gallery
- Drafting Room
- Photo Studio
- Technical Drawing Room equipped with all tools needed for designing work
- A sick bay