Top University in Malaysia to Study American Degree Transfer Program (ADTP) at Taylors University
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
With at least 5 credits, students after SPM from Malaysia can enter the American Degree Transfer Program in Malaysia at Taylor’s University. Students after SPM or O-Levels will enter directly into Year 1 of the degree program for a total of 4 years. The American education system does not require Pre-University to enter into the degree programme after SPM or O-Levels. The American Degree system after SPM or O-Levels is Year 1 (Freshman), Year 2 (Sophomore), Year 3 (Junior) and finally Year 4 (Senior).
Since 1996, Taylor’s University has successfully transferred thousands of students to top universities in the USA. 87% of Taylor’s University ADTP students transfer to Tier 1 (Top 200) U.S. universities . The results of Taylor’s University holistic educational environment is evident in the string of Taylor’s University American Degree Program students who have been accepted into Tier 1 universities in the U.S., including those in the prestigious Ivy League. This makes Taylor’s University one of the best universities in Malaysia to study the American Degree Transfer Program (ADTP).
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Best University in Malaysia to Study the American Degree Transfer Program (ADTP) at Taylor’s University
What you need to know about the American undergraduate education system:
- It is a 4-year degree program after SPM or O-Levels
- Students gain direct entry to university level after high school.
- The curriculum is broad based and flexible.
- Students are allowed to switch major if they decided to do so even after 2 years of studies.
- Students are required to take courses outside of their major (commonly known as the liberal arts education philosophy).
- Continuous learning and testing system (70% coursework, 30% final examination) where students are involved in projects, teamwork, presentation, extra- and co-curricular activities.
- The education is learning-driven instead of exam-driven. Students are groomed to be all rounded team players with strong critical thinking and communication skills.
- Students are expected to speak, ask, and challenge your instructors during discussions in / outside of class.
Successful University Placements for the American Degree Program (ADP) at Taylor’s University
Dedicated University Placement Support
- One of the key success factors of ADP is the strong support and guidance provided by the University Placement Center, which enable students to apply and secure places at their university of choice.
ADP University Placement Center provides:
- Counseling sessions
Arranging visits of American and Canadian university representatives to inform and educate students on the application process and requirements
- Step-by-step counseling advice
Guidance from the Center
Reference materials and resources needed for their university application process.
University Resource Center at Taylor’s University
We have an extensive resource center packed with information on hundreds of universities in America where students can find out about majors offered, facilities, rankings and course fees, among others. Our dedicated placement counselors will assist students in applying for transfer to overseas universities. More than that, briefings and counseling are organized regularly to furnish information on the criteria and requirements of the respective universities.
University Representative Visits
Every semester Taylor’s ADP will also arrange for representatives from the universities to come and meet the students. Students should take this opportunity to talk and find out all the need from the university that they are interested in transferring to.
Taylor’s University Students Transferred to Tier 1 U.S. Universities
- 87% of our students transfer to Tier 1 (Top 200) U.S. universities .
- The results of our holistic educational environment are evident in the string of Taylor’s ADP students who have been accepted into Tier 1 universities in the U.S., including those in the prestigious Ivy League.
- We are proud to be among the few higher educational institutions in Malaysia who have consistently churned out ADP graduates who meet the stringent requirements and application procedures of some of the most elite universities in the U.S. and in the world.
- Our students’ continued success in securing placements in these high-ranking institutions not only reflects the effectiveness of our teaching practice, but also speaks volumes about the level of care, support and guidance that we provide to them as part of their journey here at ADP.
Popular universities that Taylor’s ADP students have transferred to:
- California State University, CA
- Chapman University, CA
- Colorado School of Mines, CO
- Colorado State University, CO
- Hawaii Pacific University, HI
- San Diego State University, CA
- San Francisco State University, CA
- Stanford University, CA
- University of Colorado – Boulder, CO
- University of Denver, CO
- University of Hawaii – Manoa, HI
- University of Montana – Missoula, MT
- University of Oregon, OR
- University of San Francisco, SFO
- University of Southern California, CA
- University of Washington – Seattle, WA
- Creighton University, NE
- DePaul University, IL
- Drake University, IA
- Illinois Institute of Technology, IL
- Indiana University – Bloomington, IN
- Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis, IN
- Iowa State University, IA
- Kansas State University, KS
- Loyola University – Chicago, IL
- Marquette University, WI
- Miami University – Oxford, OH
- Michigan Technological University, MI
- Michigan State University, MI
- Minnesota State University, MN
- Northern Illinois University, IL
- Ohio State University, OH
- Ohio University, OH
- Purdue University – West Lafayette, IN
- South Dakota State University, SD
- St. Cloud State University, MN
- University of Illinois – Urbana Champaign, IL
- University of Iowa, IA
- University of Kansas, KS
- University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, MI
- University of Minnesota – Twin Cities, MN
- University of Missouri – Columbia, MO
- University of Missouri – Kansas City, MO
- University of Nebraska – Lincoln, NE
- University of Northern Iowa, IA
- University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire, WI
- University of Wisconsin – Madison, WI
- Western Michigan University, MI
- Wichita State University, KS
- Arizona State University, AZ
- Northern Arizona University, AZ
- Oklahoma City University, OK
- Oklahoma State University, OK
- Texas A&M University, TX
- University of Central Oklahoma, OK
- University of Houston, TX
- University of Oklahoma, OK
- University of Texas, TX
NEW ENGLAND AND THE MID-ATLANTIC
- American University, WA
- Boston University, MA
- Brown University, RI
- Carnegie Mellon University, PA
- Columbia University, NY
- Cornell University, NY
- Fairleigh Dickinson University, NJ
- George Washington University, WA
- New York Institute of Technology, NY
- New York University, NY
- Pennsylvania State University, PA
- Rochester Institute of Technology, NY
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, NJ
- St. John’s University, NY
- State University of New York, NY
- Syracuse University, NY
- Temple University, PA
- Towson University, MD
- University of Connecticut, CT
- University of Delaware, DE
- University of Maryland – College Park, MD
- University of Massachusetts, MA
- University of Pennsylvania, PA
- Duke University, NC
- Elon University, NC
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, FL
- Emory University, GA
- Florida State University, FL
- Georgia Institute of Technology, GA
- Louisiana State University, LA
- Mississippi State University, MS
- North Carolina State University, NC
- Old Dominion University, VA
- Tennessee Technological University, TN
- University of Arkansas, AR
- University of Georgia, GA
- University of Kentucky, KY
- University of Mississippi, MS
- University of North Carolina – Charlotte, AL
- University of South Alabama, VA
- University of Virginia, WV
- West Virginia University, WV
Enriching Learning Experience for Taylor’s ADP Students
Taylor’s ADP provides a seamless transition for high-school leavers who may find it a challenge to adjust
to the American system of education.
The American education system allows students to gain knowledge, which goes beyond their field of study. Students are exposed to a broad range of academic subjects outside of their core discipline. For example, engineering students take courses in the social sciences and humanities while business students take courses in the sciences. This develops well-rounded graduates who are able to collaborate effectively with professionals outside their own fields of expertise.
Dedicated Support and Guidance
Each student is assigned an Academic Advisor, who is expert in their field to advise and guide students on coursework selection, career choices, and industry updates in accordance to the student’s major and academic performance.
There are also Guidance Counselors who are all US graduates that are available for consultation on placement (university applications), career options, and professional examinations/licensure (e.g. Registered Dietician, Society of Actuaries, Certified Financial Analyst, etc).
Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS)
PASS was introduced to assist students who require additional help from their senior coursemates. PASS student leaders, who have been handpicked and supervised by their lecturers, are required to plan the content outline and delivery mode prior to the session and discuss it with the lecturers concerned.
American Degree Program (ADP) Majors for Taylor’s University Students
Business Majors for the American Degree Program (ADP) at Taylor’s University
A study in business is a practical choice for almost anyone. Every organization, regardless of industry, relies on business principles to prosper. Employers in every industry need people who have been trained to organize, plan, and manage within an organization. Individuals who have a solid business education are not only poised to start their own business, they also have the practical skills needed to excel in a variety of positions in the industry of their choice. Here are the common majors students pursue in the study of business and their descriptions.
- Actuarial Science
- International Business
Engineering Majors for the American Degree Program (ADP) at Taylor’s University
Engineers are problem-solvers who employ science, math, analysis and synthesis to design unique and practical solutions to everyday problems. They must accomplish this often under the constraints of time, budgets, and safety and health issues. Here are the common majors students pursue in the study of engineering and their descriptions.
- Aerospace (Aeronautical) Engineering
- Applied Science
Applied science is the exact science of applying knowledge from one or more natural scientific fields to practical problems. Applied science is important for technology development and research. A study in applied science will prepare you for direct entry into exciting and rewarding science careers, as well as preparation for professional schools (chiropractic, dental, medical, optometry, pharmacy, physical therapy and veterinary) and graduate schools.
- Chemical / Petroleum Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Computer Science Majors for the American Degree Transfer Program (ADTP) at Taylor’s University
American Degree Transfer Program (Computer Science)
Computer science is an interdisciplinary field of study – the design, testing, updating and maintaining of new computer application software and systems as well as creating innovative programs for problem- solving. A computer science degree emphasizes the mathematical and theoretical foundations of computing, while teaching students to keep abreast of the ever changing technological advances in society. Here are the common majors students pursue in the study of computer science and their descriptions.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Graphics
- Computer Gaming
- Computer Network
- Software Development
Liberal Arts Majors for the American Degree Transfer Program (ADTP) at Taylor’s University
Social scientists study all aspects of society including human behavior, relationships among different
groups of people, past events and achievements. They set out to understand and explain why humans make certain decisions, how and why we exercise power and our responses to change. A liberal arts major offers a broad overview of the arts, sciences, and humanities. Within the context of a liberal arts degree, you can study modern languages, music, English, anthropology, history, gender studies, or many other disciplines. Here are the common majors students pursue in the study of social science/ liberal arts and their descriptions.
- Anthropology / Archaeology
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
Great Student Experience in the American Degree Program (ADP) at Taylor’s University
ADP students are required to actively participate in hands-on project work and course assessments, get involved in extra-curricular activities, as well as engage with their lecturers and classmates in the classroom.
Most of the courses in the ADP challenge students to apply their classroom learning and research into practice, through various projects and activities inside and outside of the classroom.
Clubs and Societies
Students have the option of forming their own clubs or societies, as evident in the many clubs and societies that have been initiated by ADP students over the years.
The activities our students have involved in include organizing inter-school competitions, knowledge-building workshops, team-based games and many others. Many of our students have also made a positive impact in the community by initiating and engaging several charitable and social initiatives.
Through participation in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, ADP students are able to hone their leadership skills, communication and social skills, teamwork, and time management abilities, among others. These core capabilities go a long way in creating well-rounded, globally conscious citizens of the future.
- Actuarial Science Society
- ADP Basketball Club
- ADP Crimson
- ADP Engineering Society
- ADP Event Management Society (A-EMS)
- ADP Futsal Club
- ADP Student Union
- ADP Wolves
- Arirang Korean Club
- Business Entrepreneurship Society of ADP (Be_ADP)
- Our Malaysia Group (OMG)
- Taylor’s Cinematic Initiative (TCI)
- The Grapevine