Foundation in Computing & Technology at Award-Winning Asia Pacific University (APU) in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Students after SPM or O-Levels wanting a top notch education in Foundation in Computing & Technology should go for the award-winning Asia Pacific University (APU). APU has won hundreds of awards in IT therefore making it the best choice for your Foundation. Upon completion of the Foundation in Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University, students can continue on to the Computing degree programmes.
As a testimony of that Asia Pacific University (APU) is the best university for computing, computer science and ICT in Malaysia, they have won more than 200 awards at local, regional and international level. These awards serve as acknowledgements of the achievement of APU and their students, reaffirming their standing as being among the leading private university in Malaysia for Information Technology (IT) courses.
Furthermore, APU offers the most computing & technology courses in Malaysia, over 20, compared to other universities who only offer 3 to 5. This shows that APU has the expertise and ability to come up with the latest in-demand courses so that students can meet the job market needs. Students interested to register at APU may go to this link.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Foundation in Computing & Technology Course in Malaysia at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Asia Pacific University Foundation (Pre-University) programme is designed to help those with SPM, O Levels or similar qualifications to develop the skills and knowledge to progress into the first year of degree of choice. Throughout the programme, our academic staff will advise you on the options available at each stage of your university degree study.
If you have 5 Credits in “SPM’ or “O” Levels or equivalent then the Degree Foundation at Asia Pacific University (APU) is ideal for you because it is purposely designed to prepare you for entry into a degree in many areas of Information Technology, Business or Engineering.
The Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (APU) is acknowledged to be one of Malaysia’s best private University of higher learning for technology. Since its inception in 1993 as the Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology (APIIT), the University has produced more than 16,000 highly skilled technology professionals in Malaysia and the Asia Pacific region, and has earned a reputation for excellence in education and research and development. Having won hundreds of awards in computing and information technology, APU is a top choice for Malaysian students wanting an excellent IT education.
Asia Pacific University’s vast experience in delivering degrees means we know what students need to do well in a degree. We have used this to design a Degree Foundation which gives you the skills in communications, research, English, Maths, technology (including Information Technology) and general study methods to do well whichever of our wide range of degrees you choose.
And APU goes further by providing you with an introduction to Business and IT or Engineering so that you can make an informed choice of degree when you have completed the Foundation.
Depending on your choice you can go on to study full time for a 3-year Honours degree in IT, Games, Media, Business, Design, Accounting, Finance, International Studies areas or a 4-year Honours degree in Engineering, which is internationally benchmarked.
Degree Pathway after Foundation in Computing and Technology
Upon completion of the Foundation in Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University, you can continue on to any of the top award-winning computing programmes.
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in:
- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science with Specialism in Data Analytics
- Bsc (Hons) In Computer Science with a specialism in Digital Forensics
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Cyber Security)
- BSc (Hons) in Intelligent Systems
- BSc (Hons) in Multimedia Technology
- Bsc (Hons) In Multimedia Technology with a specialism in VR/AR
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Games Development
3+0 Staffordshire University UK Computing Programmes at APIIT
What you will study at Asia Pacific University’s Foundation in Computing & Technology
Upon completing your study in this programme, you will be able to:
- Enter Level 1 of Degree Study
- Understand the concepts that underpin the study of Business, Technology, Engineering, Media and IT
- Make an informed choice about what degree you want to study
- Demonstrate English language and study skills for undergraduate learning
- Apply skills in numeracy, technology and communication
- Understand the essential elements of technology
- Use appropriate application software and the Internet
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing to a given audience
- Work effectively in a team
- Be ready to become an effective member of the working community
- Continue and succeed in further / higher education
Subjects for the Foundation in Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The modules studied help develop your study skills, introduce you to what you can expect on your degree and also allow you to discover what you can study depending on whether you choose a degree in Business, Accounting & Finance, Banking & Finance, Actuarial Studies, Media, Information Technology or Engineering. The modules are:
Semester 1 (12 weeks)
- Communication Skills
- English for Academic Purposes
- Personal Development & Study Methods
- Essential of Web Applications
Semester 2 (12 weeks)
- Introduction to Business
- Individual, State & Society
- Introduction to Visual & Interactive Programming
- Public Speaking in English
Semester 3 (12 weeks)
- Academic Research Skills
- Further Mathematics
- Introduction to Multimedia Applications
- Perspectives in Technology
Entry Requirements into the Foundation in Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University
- 5 credits in at least 5 subjects at SPM level including a credit in Mathematics and a minimum of a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah (History); or
- 5 Credits (Grade C & above) in at least 5 subjects at IGCSE/O-Levels including a credit in Mathematics; or
- 3 Credits (Grade B & above) in at least 3 subjects in UEC including a credit in Mathematics; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
*A credit pass in Mathemetics at SPM/O-Levels is required for some programmes for entry to Degree after Computing & Technology Pathway.
* Students who choose to progress to BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering, BSc (Hons) in Computer Science, Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) (Intelligent Systems) or BSc (Hons) in Computer Science (Cyber Security) will require Foundation from Computing & Technology route or Engineering route if the student do not have a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM / IGCSE / O-Level OR do not have a credit in Mathematics and Science subject at SPM / IGCSE / O-Level.