Foundation in Computing & Technology at Award-Winning Asia Pacific University (APU) in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Students after SPM or O-Levels wanting a top notch education in Foundation in Computing & Technology should go for the award-winning Asia Pacific University (APU). APU has won hundreds of awards in IT therefore making it the best choice for your Foundation. Upon completion of the Foundation in Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University, students can continue on to the Computing degree programmes.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Foundation in Computing & Technology Course in Malaysia at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Asia Pacific University Foundation (Pre-University) programme is designed to help those with SPM, O Levels or similar qualifications to develop the skills and knowledge to progress into the first year of degree of choice. Throughout the programme, our academic staff will advise you on the options available at each stage of your university degree study.
If you have 5 Credits in “SPM’ or “O” Levels or equivalent then the Degree Foundation at Asia Pacific University (APU) is ideal for you because it is purposely designed to prepare you for entry into a degree in many areas of Information Technology, Business or Engineering.
The Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (APU) is acknowledged to be one of Malaysia’s best private University of higher learning for technology. Since its inception in 1993 as the Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology (APIIT), the University has produced more than 16,000 highly skilled technology professionals in Malaysia and the Asia Pacific region, and has earned a reputation for excellence in education and research and development. Having won hundreds of awards in computing and information technology, APU is a top choice for Malaysian students wanting an excellent IT education.
Asia Pacific University’s vast experience in delivering degrees means we know what students need to do well in a degree. We have used this to design a Degree Foundation which gives you the skills in communications, research, English, Maths, technology (including Information Technology) and general study methods to do well whichever of our wide range of degrees you choose.
And APU goes further by providing you with an introduction to Business and IT or Engineering so that you can make an informed choice of degree when you have completed the Foundation.
Depending on your choice you can go on to study full time for a 3-year Honours degree in IT, Games, Media, Business, Design, Accounting, Finance, International Studies areas or a 4-year Honours degree in Engineering, which is internationally benchmarked.
Degree Pathway after Foundation in Computing and Technology
Upon completion of the Foundation in Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University, you can continue on to any of the top award-winning computing programmes.
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Information Systems Security
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Intelligent Systems
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Network Computing
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Cloud Computing
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Mobile Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Business Information Systems
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Database Administration
- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science with Specialism in Data Analytics
- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering
- BSc (Hons) in Intelligent Systems
- BSc (Hons) in Internet Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Games Development
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Games Development with Specialism in Games Concept Art
- BA (Hons) in Media Marketing with specialism in Social Media
3+0 Staffordshire University UK Computing Programmes at APIIT
What you will study at Asia Pacific University’s Foundation in Computing & Technology
Upon completing your study in this programme, you will be able to:
- Enter Level 1 of Degree Study
- Understand the concepts that underpin the study of Business, Technology, Engineering, Media and IT
- Make an informed choice about what degree you want to study
- Demonstrate English language and study skills for undergraduate learning
- Apply skills in numeracy, technology and communication
- Understand the essential elements of technology
- Use appropriate application software and the Internet
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing to a given audience
- Work effectively in a team
- Be ready to become an effective member of the working community
- Continue and succeed in further / higher education
What you will study
The modules studied help develop your study skills, introduce you to what you can expect on your degree and also allow you to discover what you can study depending on whether you choose a degree in Business, Accounting & Finance, Banking & Finance, Actuarial Studies, Media, Information Technology or Engineering. The modules are:
Semester 1 (12 weeks)
- Communication Skills
- English for Academic Purposes
- Personal Development & Study Methods
- Essential of Web Applications
Semester 2 (12 weeks)
- Introduction to Business
- Individual, State & Society
- Introduction to Visual & Interactive Programming
- Public Speaking in English
Semester 3 (12 weeks)
- Academic Research Skills
- Further Mathematics
- Introduction to Multimedia Applications
- Perspectives in Technology
Entry Requirements into the Foundation in Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University
- An overall credit pass in at least 5 subjects at SPM level including a credit in Mathematics and a minimum of a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah (History); or
- 5 grade C passes at ‘O’ Level / GCSE including a credit in Mathematics; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.