Top Architecture Degree with Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM) Accreditation at UCSI University
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
UCSI University is ranked the number 1 private university in Malaysia in the QS World University Rankings 2019 and their students & lecturers have won many awards in architecture. Supported by excellent facilities and affordable tuition fees, these make UCSI University an excellent choice for students wanting to pursue an accredited architecture degree in Malaysia. Read on to find out about the Entry Requirements, Subjects, awards and other details of the architecture degree programme at UCSI University.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Studying the BSc (Hons) Architecture with Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia Accreditation at Top Ranked UCSI University
Studying Architecture is a combination of creativity, history, sciences, and design. You will learn how to conceptualise and design buildings in relation to the economic, technical, environmental and social needs. Architecture strongly relates to built environment and urban planning disciplines such as civil and structural engineering, quantity surveying, and property economics and management. If you are interested in creating things, buildings and spaces, technology, art and design, a career in architecture may be for you.
Architecture is the art of designing the human built environment. Buildings are one of the most visible productions of man, and vary greatly in design, function, and construction implementation across the globe.
The vision that Architects conceive is projected onto the society and the built environment in which they practice. These conceptions and ideas will inadvertently have profound effects on the built environment, and consequently on the people who interact with that environment.
Architecture is, therefore, an art form, the learning of which requires professional practice, personal artistic development and technical knowledge of building. The constant dialogue between society and the architect is what produces architecture – as a product and as well as a discipline.
Unique selling points of the architecture course at UCSI University
Architecture is an art form – the learning of which requires professional practice, personal artistic development and technical knowledge of a building. The constant dialogue between society and the architect is what produces architecture – as a product and as a discipline.
The School of Architecture and Built Environment understands that all those who study and work in the ﬁeld of architecture need a framework for aesthetics and a functional appreciation for buildings and context.
This can only be achieved via a thorough grounding in the design process, building sciences and technologies allied to an understanding of the important social, cultural, artistic, and historical factors which inﬂuence architecture. This philosophy underpins every teaching and research programme delivered at the School.
The architecture programme develops both academic understanding and practical skills required for careers in the professional ﬁeld. Graduates will be equipped for careers in the broad ﬁeld of design in the built environment sector.
After SPM or O-Levels, students must possess a credit in Maths & any one Science subject in order to enter into the Foundation in Arts (Architecture) at UCSI University. After completing the Foundation or Pre-University programme students will need to go for the degree programme that’s accredited by the Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia. The BSc (Hons) Architecture at UCSI University is accredited by Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM) equivalent to LAM Part 1. UCSI University is the best for architecture in Malaysia having won many awards in this area.
UCSI University is an Award-Winning University in Malaysia for the Architecture Degree Programme
UCSI University is the best for architecture in Malaysia seeing the number of awards that their students have won.
- UCSI University Architecture student, Lam Chee Hau, won Silver in the 2015 Nippon Young Designers Award in the Architecture Category
- UCSI University Architecture student, Lam Chee Hau won Honorary Mention in the 2014 Nippon Young Designers Award in the Architecture Category
- UCSI University Architecture students, Wan Mei Zhen, won Silver and Tan Kwon Chong Best Green Innovation & Honorary Mention in the 2013 Nippon Young Designers Award in the Architecture Category
- UCSI University Architecture student, Yap Yan Xun, won Honorary Mention in the 2010 Nippon Young Designers Award in the Architecture Category
- UCSI University Interior Architecture student, Ng Ann Kee, won Students’ Choice Award in the 2010 Nippon Young Designers Award in the Interior Design Category
- Gee Sze Yong, 19, Ting Ying San, 21 and Lim Chuun Kiat, 19 who are pursuing the Diploma in Architecture Studies and Interior Architecture programme at UCSI University win in the Malaysian Institute of Interior Designers (MIID) furniture design competition 2014
- UCSI University recently swept 13 prizes at the 17th MIID Interior Design Competition 2013. Themed, ‘Re-invent’, the national competition saw UCSI students bag first and second place in Residential Design and Commercial Design; first place in Hospitality Design, Installation Design and Performance; and another six awards in other categories such as furniture design, photography, and sketching, among others.
- UCSI University architecture students win 7 awards in the 25th Persatuan Arkitek Malaysia (PAM) Architectural Students Workshop 2013
Entry Requirements for the Architecture Degree Course in Malaysia
After SPM or O-Levels, students must possess a credit in Maths & any one Science subject in order to enter into the Foundation in Arts (Architecture) at UCSI University. To enter the BSc (Hons) Architecture at UCSI University, students need to have the following qualifications:
- Foundation in Arts or Science Entry Requirement for Architecture degree -Minimum CGPA 2.0 including credit in Maths
- STPM Arts or Science Stream Entry Requirement for Architecture degree -Pass with minimum CGPA of 2.00 (or equivalent) Minimum Gred C for 2 subjects INCLUDING Maths
- A-Levels Entry Requirement for Architecture degree -Minimum Gred C for 2 subjects INCLUDING Maths
- UEC Commerce or Science Stream Entry Requirement for Architecture degree -5 Credits (‘B’ grade) inclusive of Maths
- South Australian Matriculation (SAM) Entry Requirement for Architecture degree – Minimum average of 65% in 5 subjects inclusive of Maths
- Canadian Pre-U (CPU) Entry Requirement for Architecture degree – Minimum average of 65% in 6 subjects inclusive of Maths
Accreditation of the Architecture Degree at UCSI University
All of UCSI University’s Architecture & Interior Architecture degree programmes comply with the latest requirements for accreditation by the Council of Architectural Accreditation & Education Malaysia (CAAEM), Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM).
Year 1 Subjects for the Architecture Degree Course at UCSI University
- Architecture Design Studio 1
- Building Construction and Technology 1
- Architecture History 1
- Design Communication 1
- Professional Communication
- Architecture Design Studio 2
- Structure 1
- Building Construction and Technology 2
- Architecture History 2
- Design Communication 2
Year 2 Subjects for the Architecture Degree Course at UCSI University
- Architecture Design Studio 3
- Building Services 1
- Building Construction and Technology 3
- Architecture History 3
- Computer-aided Design 1
- Building Science 1
- Architecture Design Studio 4
- Building Construction and Technology 4
- Theories of Architecture & Design
- Building Science 2
- Structure 2
- Experiencing Architecture
Year 3 Subjects for the Architecture Degree Course at UCSI University
- Architecture Design Studio 5
- Building Services 2
- Professional Architecture Oﬃce Practice
- Architecture Inquiries
- Architecture Option*
- Architectural Option 1 (Choose any ONE)
- Furniture Workshop
- Project Management
- Digital Architecture
- Architecture Site Planning
- Architecture Site Surveying & Coordination
- End Sem 5 / 6 Practical – Professional Architectural Internship
- Integrated Architectural Design Project
- Working Drawing Option*
The Education Pathway to Become a Professional Architect in Malaysia
Students interested in studying architecture can do so at UCSI University with their accredited programme. School leavers, especially Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) holders from Sarawak can begin their first step to obtain a degree in architecture by enrolling in UCSI’s Foundation Studies in Arts or Science at UCSI’s Kuching campus.
The minimum requirement to enrol for the foundation studies is five credits in the SPM examination. The students will then go through the foundation studies at UCSI University Sarawak Campus before they can enter the School of Architecture and Build Environment to pursue an architecture degree at UCSI University’s state-of-the-art campus in Kuala Lumpur.
The next step is to go into an accredited Masters equivalent to LAM Part 2 for another 2 years. Graduates will then work for 2 years and then sit for the LAM Part 3 exams and then to finally become an architect.