Best Diploma in Architecture at Top Ranked UCSI University in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Are you interested in a career as an architectural technologist or draftsperson? Students after SPM or O-Levels can go for the architecture diploma at top ranked UCSI University before entering into Year 2 of the Architecture degree for another 2 years. The Diploma in Architecture at UCSI University combines the latest computer technology and manual drawing skills, working with architects to turn design concepts into the documents to construct a building.
A Diploma in Architectural Studies will equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills to design and produce construction drawings for both residential and commercial buildings. To become a professional Architect in Malaysia will take Students after SPM or O-Levels a minimum 8-9 years of study and work. It will probably take longer than that to become a professional architect in Malaysia as the passing rate for LAM Part 3 is quite low.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Exceptional Diploma in Architectural Studies in Malaysia at UCSI University
The Diploma in Architectural Studies at UCSI University is a 3-year program, designed to provide the necessary technical knowledge and the required practical skill for individuals who wish to join the industry’s work force at an early stage.
The building industry is in need of competent support groups who are knowledgeable in their field to fill positions as technical draftsperson, CADD draftsperson, site supervisors and material-supplier specialist to name a few.
In response to this demand, the Diploma in Architectural Studies at UCSI University offers a well-rounded and integrated range of courses to prepare graduates to enter the working environment, or to pursue their studies act the higher level of the Architecture Degree programs. Upon completion of the 2.5 year Diploma, graduates can continue on to the BSc (Hons) Architecture entering into Year 2 at UCSI University.
The program also emphasises on the latest industry input for each graduate. Students are required to undergo Industry Experience programme under Co-operative Placement Scheme with a minimum duration of 12 weeks, to learn and familiarize themselves with the working environment of the building and construction industry.
The School of Architecture and Built Environment at UCSI University understands that all those who study and work in the ﬁeld of architecture need a framework for aesthetics and a functional appreciation for buildings and context.
This can only be achieved via a thorough grounding in the design process, building sciences and technologies allied to an understanding of the important social, cultural, artistic, and historical factors which inﬂuence architecture. This philosophy underpins every teaching and research programme delivered at the School.
The architecture programme develops both academic understanding and practical skills required for careers in the professional ﬁeld. Graduates will be equipped for careers in the broad ﬁeld of design in the built environment sector.
Award-Winning Architecture Programme at UCSI University
For architecture, you must choose carefully as not all the architecture programmes from the universities are approved and accredited by the Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM). The degree at UCSI University is accredited by LAM and is the Level 1. UCSI University also offers the Master in Architecture that you can continue on to after your degree.
UCSI is the best for architecture in Malaysia seeing the number of awards that their students have won.
- UCSI University Architecture student, Lam Chee Hau, won Silver in the 2015 Nippon Young Designers Award in the Architecture Category
- UCSI University Architecture student, Lam Chee Hau won Honorary Mention in the 2014 Nippon Young Designers Award in the Architecture Category
- UCSI University Architecture students, Wan Mei Zhen, won Silver and Tan Kwon Chong Best Green Innovation & Honorary Mention in the 2013 Nippon Young Designers Award in the Architecture Category
- UCSI University Architecture student, Yap Yan Xun, won Honorary Mention in the 2010 Nippon Young Designers Award in the Architecture Category
- UCSI University Interior Architecture student, Ng Ann Kee, won Students’ Choice Award in the 2010 Nippon Young Designers Award in the Interior Design Category
- Gee Sze Yong, 19, Ting Ying San, 21 and Lim Chuun Kiat, 19 who are pursuing the Diploma in Architecture Studies and Interior Architecture programme at UCSI University win in the Malaysian Institute of Interior Designers (MIID) furniture design competition 2014
- UCSI University recently swept 13 prizes at the 17th MIID Interior Design Competition 2013. Themed, ‘Re-invent’, the national competition saw UCSI students bag first and second place in Residential Design and Commercial Design; first place in Hospitality Design, Installation Design and Performance; and another six awards in other categories such as furniture design, photography, and sketching, among others.
- UCSI University architecture students win 7 awards in the 25th Persatuan Arkitek Malaysia (PAM) Architectural Students Workshop 2013
Entry Requirements for Diploma in Architecture Course in Malaysia
After the 2.5 or 3-year diploma, you can continue on to Year 2 of the Degree at the same university or college if the degree course is offered. There is no need to perform exemptions if you continue on to degree at the same university.
If not, you can transfer your diploma credits into another university to enter into Year 2 of the degree for another 2 years depending on the exemptions.
It will take about one to three weeks for the university to perform the exemption evaluation.
To perform exemptions, you will need to submit the following documents to the university of interest for exemption evaluation:
- Transcripts for the subjects taken
- Course outline for all subjects taken
- Letter of Completion or Diploma Certificate
- Copy of SPM certificate
PTPN Loan for Diploma in Architecture Course in Malaysia
Why Study the Diploma instead of Foundation?
- SPM (5 relevant credits) – Foundation (1 year) – Degree (3 years)
- SPM (3 relevant credits) – Diploma (2 or 2.5 years) – enter degree Year 2 (3 years)
Programme Details for the Diploma in Architectural Studies at UCSI University
Students are required to complete approximately 40 credits comprising seven compulsory core courses, one elective course, and a project. The project is research-based and is carried out over two semesters.
The project work must have research potential in an area of study interest relevant to the field of energy and power. It may also be carried out at the university or as part of an industry project. The project will be assessed by a panel of examiners at the end of the programme.
Assessments vary from the list below depending on the course:
- Project critique session
- In-class assignment
- Written examination
- Site investigation/survey
- Portfolio review
- Workshop participation
Year 1 Subjects for the Diploma in Architectural Studies at UCSI University
- Building Construction & Science
- Intro to Design principles
- Architecture Drawing I
- Introduction to Structure
- English Communication
- Architecture Design Studio I
- Architecture Drawing II
- Building Construction & Materials
- Architecture History I
- Architectural digital Media I (MPU-U2)
- Introduction to Writing & Research
- Architectural digital Media II
Year 2 Subjects for the Diploma in Architectural Studies at UCSI University
Furniture Workshop Elective 3
- Community Architecture (MPU-U4)
- Architecture Design Studio II
- Architecture Drawing III
- Building Construction I
- Architecture History II
- Architecture design Studio III
- Building Construction II
- Professional Practice (MPU-U3)
- Working Drawing
Year 3 Subjects for the Diploma in Architectural Studies at UCSI University
- Industry Experience
- Elective (choose max 2 courses to make up 4 credits to graduate)
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience 1
- Extra-curricular Learning Experience 2
Career Opportunities for Graduates of the Diploma in Architectural Studies at UCSI University
This post graduate degree programme is an excellent preparation for a life-long professional career in the sector of power and energy.
The Architecture programmes develop both the academic understanding and practical skills required for careers in the professional field. Graduates will be able to gain professional working experience in an Architectural Firm, Interior Architectural Firm, Developer Firm, Construction Firm, Supplier & Manufacturer Firm and Educational Institution.
Graduates with Diploma possess technical skill knowledge crucial to the existence of the built environment as a whole.
Graduates can opt for work force in the technical support designation such as Draftsperson, 3-D Visualiser, Industry Resource Supplier, Site Supervisor or advance their studies in the Architecture Degree program. Opportunities also exist in the other areas, including marketing, promotion, facility management and development.
Many large organisations, such as departmental stores hotels, resorts and property developers, also employ architectural graduates as designers as well as managers and supervisors in their architectural and design team.
- Technical Assistant
- Marketing Promoter
- Facility Manager
- Model Maker