Study Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Information Technology (IT) with specialism in Business Information Systems in Malaysia at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
The BSC (HONS) IN Information Technology (IT) with specialism in Business Information Systems degree programme at Asia Pacific University (APU) is specifically designed to provide:
- Familiarity with a broad range of information technologies and how they are used.
- An understanding of frameworks and planning techniques for the strategic management of information systems in organisations.
- The ability to critically evaluate and apply appropriate strategies and techniques to the development of business information systems.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top Ranked School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU) is the oldest and most established school. The school has a strong presence in the industry and is an obvious choice among the school leavers.
The school offers a wide variety of specialised programmes. Asia Pacific University’s programmes are very much industry driven and relevant and our graduates are global citizens and industry ready.
Alumni of the School have progressed into a number of significant careers in leading multinational technology based companies. In line with APU’s vision, the School aims to be a leading provider of high quality computing and technology education and a contributor to research at the national and international level.
This is emphasised by APU’s mission to provide high quality and internationally recognised and benchmarked Technology education and to be recognised for innovative teaching methods and educational activities.
The School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University aims to:
- Facilitate your academic and vocational progression by developing knowledge, key skills and capacity for independent and lifelong learning
- Develop your skills in imaginative problem-solving and decision-making
- Develop your Personal Development Portfolio to support your career aspirations
- Provide a stimulating, interactive and accessible course of study to give you a sound grasp of information technology
- knowledge, analysis and contemporary issues which you can develop and apply in future employment
- Develop your imagination and innovative abilities to show initiative and creativity in your work
- Develop your intelligence, ingenuity, inventiveness and independence as well as your communication skills
Asia Pacific University’s Collaborative Partners:
Year 1 Subjects BSC (HONS) IN Information Technology (IT) with specialism in Business Information Systems at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The IT degree and all of its specialisms have similar modules in Level 1. Modules that provide a foundation for any IT professional include System Analysis & Design, Fundamentals of Software Development, and Introduction to Programming in an appropriate language. More technical knowledge and skills are developed in Operating Systems & Computer Architecture and Introduction to Networking.
Introduction to Management and Computing & IT in the Workplace provide a foundation for multidisciplinary education and understanding personal and organisational development. Important and relevant skills for independent learning are introduced throughout this level.
- Computing & IT in the Workplace
- Fundamentals of Software Development
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Networking
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- System Analysis & Design
- Interactive Media & Web Design Technology
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
Year 2 Subjects BSC (HONS) IN Information Technology (IT) with specialism in Business Information Systems at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Further in-depth analysis and design skills are developed at Level 2 with System Development Methods and Human-Computer Interaction, while Object Oriented Development with Java sharpens your programming skills.
The E-Commerce, E-Business, Enterprise Systems, and Integrated Business Processes with SAP ERP Systems modules give you a complete understanding of how Business Information Systems support modern organisational activity.
Along with independent learning, a common theme in all APU ICT awards is fostering creativity and innovation in individuals and teams. These themes are the specific focus of the Creativity & Innovation and Research Methods for Computing & Technology modules.
- Creativity & Innovation
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- Probability & Statistical Modeling
- Professional & Enterprise Development
- Research Methods For Computing and Technology
- System Development Methods
- Enterprise Systems
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Integrated Business Processes with SAP ERP Systems
- Web Applications
Internship for the BSC (HONS) IN Information Technology (IT) with specialism in Business Information Systems at Asia Pacific University (APU)
After the completion of Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship / Industrial Training. This will prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Information Technology.
Year 3 Subjects BSC (HONS) IN Information Technology (IT) with specialism in Business Information Systems at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The focus of Level 3 is further development of relevant technical skills and the ability to apply these skills with strong critical thinking and analysis. An IT professional in this field must have a proper understanding and appreciation of issues related to the development, deployment, and business impact of information systems.
This is developed and enhanced through Information Systems Development Trends, Computer Systems Management, E-Business Strategy, Building Customer Relationships, and Developing E-Commerce Applications. General personal and professional development is enhanced in Project Management, while Innovation Management & New Product Development continues the theme of generating new ideas and creating new products.
The Investigations and Project modules provide opportunity for students to further develop the academic and practical aspects of their areas of study and reinforce their independent learning skills.
Furthermore, the major project that students are expected to do, will entail extensive research in domain knowledge and acquiring of skills in using tools and methods in the particular specialism. The significant aspect of this level is the demonstration of higher level critical thinking, analysis and application in the award project.
- Innovation Management & New Product Development
- Project Management
- Building Customer Relationships
- Business Information Systems Project
- Computer Systems Management
- Developing E-Commerce Applications with XML
- E-Business Strategy
- Information Systems Development Trends
- Investigations in Business Information Systems
- Knowledge Discovery & Big Data Analytics
Note: The specialism will appear only in the academic transcript.
Careers in Business Information Systems:
You will be well suited to one of the many careers that use IT in business at a management level. Your graduate destination is likely to be within an IT department, developing IT systems and servicing the IT needs of a number of business departments such as finance, marketing or human resources. You may take up a career in IT systems development, IT systems analysis and design or IT network management.