Affordable High Quality Bachelor of Information Technology (Mobile Computing) (Hons) in Malaysia at First City University College
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Students after SPM or O-Levels interested in pursuing the Bachelor of Information Technology (Mobile Computing) (Hons) at First City University College may go for the Foundation in Engineering, Science & Technology for 1 year before continuing on to the 3-year Mobile Computing degree programme. The Foundation in Engineering, Science & Technology course at First City University College is affordable and taught at its purpose built campus in the safe township of Bandar Utama in Selangor.
Alternatively with 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels including Maths, students may go for the affordable Diploma in Information Technology (Mobile Computing) programme and then enter into Year 2 of the Mobile Computing degree. Pre-University students with the relevant results in STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT, etc. can enter directly into Year 1 of the Mobile Computing Technology degree at First City University College.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Exceptional Private University in Malaysia for Bachelor of Information Technology (Mobile Computing) (Hons) at First City University College
Mobile computing refers to the ability to use technology to wirelessly connect to and use shared information and/or application software through the application of small, portable, and wireless computing and communication devices.
In the first year of the Bachelor of Information Technology (Mobile Computing) (Hons) at First City University College, students learn key knowledge and skills in Information Technology which covers programming fundamentals, platform technologies, information management and mobile computing.
After that, they move on to cover advanced topics on Programming and Technologies, while familiarising themselves with the concept of business intelligence, which combines both the business world and the technical world using technologies, applications and practices.
Duration for the Bachelor of Information Technology (Mobile Computing) (Hons) at First City University College is 3 years (6 semesters) with intakes in January and August of each year. First City University College provides a safe off-campus accommodation which is just across the road. Deserving students can apply for the scholarships as well. Students interested to register for the Mobile Computing degree at First City University College may do so at this link.
Graduates of this programme will be able to:
- Apply knowledge, skills and principles of lifelong learning in academic and career development
- Communicate effectively via reports and presentations
- Demonstrate teamwork, leadership, interpersonal and social skills
- Utilise relevant techniques and demonstrate analytical and critical thinking skills in problem-solving
- Demonstrate professionalism and social and ethical considerations in accordance with ethical and legal principles
- Apply broad business and real-world perspectives daily and demonstrate creative and innovative thinking, and entrepreneurial skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of essential facts, concepts, principles, and theories relating to the area of information technology
- Apply theoretical principles (analysis, design, development and evaluation) of Mobile Computing in various mobile applications;
- Design and implement mobile computing solutions and resources, and recognise the impact of mobile computing on individuals, organisation and society
- Apply and integrate various technology solutions especially in the areas of mobile communications and Internet of Things (IoT)
Faculty of Engineering and Computing at First City University College
First City UC’s Faculty of Engineering and Computing offers four home-grown programmes; all specially-crafted to meet the demands of the fast-changing industry which is constantly innovating itself to keep up with the digital world. These brand new programmes: Bachelor of Electronic Engineering with Honours, Bachelor of Software Engineering (Hons), Bachelor of Computer Science ( Intelligent Systems) (Hons), & Bachelor of Information Systems (Honours) in Business Management equip students with skills and techniques in programming, application development, information analysis and many other applications of IT in various industries that are relevant to the demands of employers around the world.
The curriculum for Electronic Engineering degree programme is approved by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM); therefore providing students with a clear pathway to achieve professional engineer status.
With the use of advanced software tools and commercial products in its state-of-the-art engineering and computing laboratories such as Mainframe Computing Technology and Mentor Graphics, students can experiment and develop their practical skills while being guided by attentive lecturers and tutors.
Industry linkages for the Faculty of Engineering and Computing at First City University College
First City UC works closely with key players in the IT and electronics industry, one of which was the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed with IBM Malaysia in 2016 to renew its academic collaboration to embed IBM technologies into First City UC’s ICT curriculum and equip its undergraduates with cognitive computing skills.
Since the establishment of the MoU in 2008, First City UC has produced high calibre graduates equipped with professional IBM certification. Under this collaboration, First City UC provides teaching resources and facilities, whilst IBM provides leading software, courseware, training and testing necessary to gain certification.
First City UC has adopted IBM curriculum in their Software Engineering and Computer Science (Intelligent Systems) degree programme, where students have the opportunity to work on Large Scale Computing, Cloud Computing and Mobile Platform Programming and apply the techniques they learnt to develop a broad range of software relevant to the ICT industry.
Why Study Information Technology at First City UC?
The Faculty of Engineering and Computing at First City University College provides students with the latest in learning experience through the use of state-of-the-art facilities. Students are inspired and motivated through a hands-on approach in the teaching of engineering and computing.
- Students are taught problem-solving skills
- Attend talks by industry experts
- Use of advanced software tools such as Mainframe Computing Technology and Mentor Graphics of Electronic Design Automation (EDA)
- 19 State-of-the-art engineering and computing laboratories
Entry Requirements for the Bachelor of Information Technology (Mobile Computing) (Hons) at First City University College
- Foundation/ Matriculation: Pass with minimum CGPA 2.0 + credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.
- STPM: Pass with a minimum Grade C (GP2.0) in any 2 subjects + credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.
- GCE A Levels: Minimum 2 Es & 5 credits in GCE O Level/ SPM (inclusive of English & Mathematics)
- Diploma:In Computer Science/Software Engineering/ Information Technology/Information Systems with a minimum CGPA 2.5+ credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent. Candidates with CGPA below 2.50 but above 2.00 with credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent may be admitted subject to an internal assessment process;ORAny other Diploma in Science and Technology with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 may be admitted subject to an internal assessment process and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.
- UEC:Minimum 5 Bs (inclusive of English & Mathematics)
Bachelor of Information Technology (Mobile Computing) (Hons) Subjects at First City University College
- Basic Computing Principles
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Programming Methods
- Mathematics for Computing
- Web Design Principles
- Computer Ethics and Cyber Law
- Computer Architecture
- Database Systems
- Internet Programming & Applications
- Discrete Mathematics
- Java GUI Application Development
- Fundamentals of Mobile Computing
- IT Project Management
- Computer Security
- Mobile Commerce
- Visual Programming
- Operating Systems
- Software Development
- Computer Networks
- Multimedia Design and Development
- Business Intelligence
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Mobile Games Design and Development
- Mobile Computing Project 1 & 2
- Wireless and Mobile Communications
- Mobile Platform Programming
- Human Computer Interaction
- *Distributed Systems
- *Artificial Intelligence
- *Large-Scale Computing
- *Mandarin Language (Basic)
- Internet of Things in Mobile Computing
- iOS Programming
- *Research Methodology
- *Data Warehousing and Data Mining
- *Natural Language Processing
- *Rich Media Technology
- *Mandarin (Higher Basic)
*Choose TWO elective modules in Semester 5 and Semester 6
• Upon completion of Year 2, students are required to undergo 12 weeks of industrial training.
Career Opportunities for Mobile Computing Graduates in Malaysia
- Mobile Application Developer- Android or iOS
- Mobile Software Developer
- Software Development Engineer (Mobile)
- Cross Platform Mobile Developer
- Software Engineer- Mobile Developer