Diploma Graduates in Malaysia can Transfer Credits into Year 2 of Related Degree
Best Guide on How to Transfer Your Diploma into a Top Private University in Malaysia for Degree
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
So, now you have completed your diploma and you have two choices – go find a job or continue on to get your degree.
As the job market has a lot of degree graduates, it is important to remain competitive and continue on to a degree after completing your diploma.
Some Diploma graduates have said that they would like to work first before continuing on to study a degree programme. A degree holder will get higher salary and better job promotions than a diploma holder.
From experience, my suggestion is to continue immediately after you complete your diploma. This is because when you begin a job, it is difficult to stop. In addition, if you have stopped studies for a while, it may be difficult to find the right frame of mind and motivation to start studying again.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
How to Transfer your Diploma Credits to Receive Exemptions into a Degree at a Top Private University in Malaysia
To move up in the corporate world or into management level, the basic requirement is a degree. In addition, the starting salary for a degree holder is higher and the opportunities for promotion is faster because the degree holder is equipped with problem solving, decision making and in-depth technical skills.
If you want to go for your degree, then your decision now is to either continue on at your current college, if it offers the degree, or choose another university. Most of you know that English is a very important part of the working world.
If you did not improve your English during your diploma studies, you may seriously want to consider choosing a university with an English-speaking environment so that you are forced to improve your communication skills. If you don’t do this, it would be too late to improve it while you work. Many graduates have lost out on job interviews at top multi-national companies because they cannot communicate in English.
It could be cheaper to continue on at your university but remember, what you decide now, may mean 60 years of high salary versus 60 years of low salary and slow promotions.
Exemptions into Year 2 of Related Degree at Top Universities in Malaysia
Most diplomas can be transferred to another college or university into the Year 2 of the relevant programme but it depends on the exemptions.
If you have taken the Diploma in Accounting, it is highly likely that you can enter into Year 2 of the degree in Accounting or Accounting & Finance. For the Diploma in Business Administration, you can enter into Year 2 of the degree in Business Administration depending on the exemptions.
However, if you go from the Diploma in Business Administration into the Degree in Accounting, then you may not get the optimum amount of exemptions because the subjects in your diploma are not similar with the degree course of the university that you want to transfer to.
I had one student who graduated from TARC or TARUC Penang with the Diploma in International Business and wanted to continue on for the Degree in Finance at a university with an English-speaking environment because he wanted to earn a high salary during his work life.
We submitted his documents to HELP University and obtained exemptions off Year 1. He came down from Penang and I took him around the campus to tour and helped arranged to view the hostel and other accommodation.
I also helped two students who graduated with the Diploma in Interior Design from Lim Kok Wing University and they have managed to transfer into Year 2 of the BA (Hons) Interior Architecture & Design (3+0) awarded by Nottingham Trent University, UK and offered at KBU International College.
So, to transfer from the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering to the degree in Mechanical Engineering, then you will get more exemptions than transferring into the degree in Electrical or Civil engineering at UCSI University.
It would not be possible for you to transfer from the Diploma in IT into the Degree in Accounting because the subjects are
not related at all. Therefore, you have to keep in mind to transfer into the degree that is similar to your diploma.
Diploma in IT or Computing students can transfer their credits into the best university for IT which is Asia Pacific University (APU) and enter into Year 2 depending on the exemptions. I had a student from TARC KL who did not complete his diploma in IT because of the complicated system at the college. I helped him to get the most exemptions possible to enter into APU so that he could complete his diploma and then continue on to degree studies.
Students who have taken the PTPN Loan during their diploma studies can continue on to apply for the PTPN Loan for their degree studies. You just start paying back for both your diploma and degree after you graduate. It would cost roughly about RM30,000-RM50,000 in tuition fees for the final 2 years depending on which course. You can apply for the PTPN Loan for the degree studies
Transfer Process for the Diploma to be exempted into the Degree Course in Malaysia
As I represent reputable institutions with a wide range of degrees, please contact me to find out how you can transfer to an institution that best fit your needs. It will take some time for the exemptions to be done, so you should apply early. If you are applying to enter into design or architecture degree courses, then you will need to submit a portfolio as well.
In order to process your transfer smoothly, you will need to send me the following:
- Transcripts of all the subjects taken
- Copy of SPM or UEC certificate
- Course outline for all the subjects taken – you can request this from your course coordinator. A course outline is a brief description of each subject taken at your current college or university. The outline is needed for the university that you intend to go to, to compare the subjects that you have taken at your current university with theirs to see if they are similar. If similar, then, you are given the exemption, if not, then you will need to retake that subject. For example, if you have taken Basic Accounting, then you will be exempted from Fundamentals in Accounting at the university that you want to go to because the subjects are similar. However, if you had taken Computer Skills and that subject is not offered in the degree at the university that you want to go to, then this subject is not exempted.
- Photocopy of diploma certificate, if ready, if not, then request your university for the Letter of Completion
- Photocopy of IC – both sides
Choose the Best University in Malaysia to Transfer for your Degree Studies
Choosing the right university can be confusing and depends on a lot of factors like your budget, results, passion, skills and career goals.
Engineering and Built Environment Courses in Malaysia
- Mechatronic engineering
- Civil engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
- Materials engineering
- Applied Geology
- Quantity Survey
Computing and Information Technology Courses in Malaysia
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Information Technology with Database Administration
- Software Engineering
- Computer science or computer engineering
- Information systems security
- Mobile Computing
- Games Development
- Intelligent Systems
- Computer System Engineering
- Business Information Systems
- Business Computing with E-Commerce
Applied and Health Sciences in Malaysia
- Food science
- Nutrition with Wellness
- Biomedical Science
- Aquatic Science
Business Courses in Malaysia
- Accounting & Finance
- Accounting & Finance with Internal Audit
- Accounting & Finance with Forensic Accounting
- Accounting & Finance with Taxation
- Management & Marketing
- Actuarial Science
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Business Administration
- Banking & Finance
- Finance & Investment
- Finance & Investment
- FOREX & Investment
- Investment & Risk Management
- International Business
- International Business Management
- Entrepreneurship & Marketing
- Finance & Marketing
- Public Relations & Marketing
- Human Resource Management
- Logistics Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Media Marketing
- Advertising & Brand Management
- Branding & Advertising
Social Science Courses in Malaysia
- Mass Communication
- Marketing Communications
- Film Studies
- Media Studies
- Public Relations
- Entertainment Arts
- Social Media Marketing
Design Courses in Malaysia
- Multimedia Design
- Interactive Design
- 3D Animation
- Fashion design with marketing
- Textile & Fashion Design
- Product design
- Transport Design
- CGI & Digital Effects
- Visual Effects
- Entrepreneurial design
- Interior Design
- Interior Architecture
- Graphic Design
- Fashion Design
Hospitality and Culinary Arts Courses in Malaysia
Education and Music Courses in Malaysia
Study at the Best Private Universities and Colleges in Malaysia
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- Curtin University, Sarawak campus
- Asia Pacific University (APU)
- UCSI University
- Taylor’s University
- Taylor’s College Subang Jaya and Sri Hartamas
- UCSI University Sarawak Campus
- First City University College
- HELP University
- HELP Academy
- HELP College of Arts & Technology
- KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
- KDU College Damansara Jaya
- KDU University College Penang
- YTL International College of Hotel Management
- IACT College
- Point College
- Saito College
- Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA)
- Nilai University
- Reliance College
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
EduSpiral Consultant Services represents the best colleges and universities in Malaysia offering a wide range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- WhatsApp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Foursquare: www.foursquare.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral88
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiralsik
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: email@example.com
- Website: www.eduspiral.com