Top Design Courses from the Best Universities in Malaysia
Best Private Universities and Colleges in Malaysia for Design Courses
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
These are some of the best colleges and universities for design courses in Malaysia. Students should choose the best university or college for design to study at, so that you can gain the necessary skills from experienced lecturers in a personal setting for a successful career. The best universities and colleges for design in Malaysia should have the necessary design facilities to enhance their students’ capabilities and cultivate a creative mind.
Students should take note that just because a college is famous for one design course, it doesn’t mean that it is good for all other design courses. For example, just because the college is famous for animation, it doesn’t mean that it is good for interior design and fashion design. Therefore, you should research carefully to see which design course that the college or university is best for in Malaysia. There are many types of design courses in Malaysia such as graphic design, multimedia design, animation, interior design, fashion design and more. If you are sure of which design course, you may go for the diploma. If you are not sure, then go for the Foundation in Design.
Choosing the best private college or university in Malaysia to study design is important as the best will help to develop the skills necessary for a successful career as well as equip you with sound design knowledge. Having a small class with personal attention from experienced lecturers is very important to hone your design skills. The number of awards won is also an indication of the quality of the design school in Malaysia.
For more information contact 01111408838
Top Design Programmes at Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia
- Taylor’s University – Graphic Communication Design, Multimedia Design, Interior Architecture & Interactive Multimedia Design
- The One Academy – 3D Animation & Multimedia Design
- Saito College – Graphic Design, Fashion Design, Interior Design & Multimedia Design
- IACT College – Graphic Design and Advertising and Design
- KDU Penang University College– 3D Animation & Motion Capture, Multimedia Design, Game Design & Interior Design
- First City University College – Interior Design, Product Design & Graphic Design
- UCSI University – 3D Animation, Interior Architecture & Fashion Design with Marketing
- Raffles College – Fashion Design
- APIIT – Animation, Transport Design, Visual Effects degree and CGI & Digital Effects degree
- Point College – Digital Animation, Graphic Design & New Media Design
Study Design at Top Private Colleges & Universities in Malaysia
- First rate Malaysian universities and colleges for the degree in Graphic Design are Taylor’s University, First City University College and UCSI University
- Malaysia’s best private colleges & universities for graphic design diploma programmes are Saito College, IACT College, First City University College, Point College Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA) and UCSI University.
- Malaysia’s top award-winning private universities and colleges for the degree in Interior Architecture are First City University College, UCSI University, KDU Penang University College and Taylor’s University
- Top award-winning private universities and colleges for the diploma in interior design or diploma in interior architecture are First City University College, UCSI University, Taylor’s University, KDU Penang University College, Saito College, Point College and Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA)
- Top ranked private universities in Malaysia offering the degree in Multimedia Design are Taylor’s University, Asia Pacific University and UCSI University
- Premier private universities and colleges in Malaysia for Multimedia Design diploma programmes are The One Academy, Saito College, Point College and First City University College.
- Outstanding universities and colleges for product design are First City University College, APIIT and Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA).
- Highly regarded private universities and colleges in Malaysia for 3D Animation degree courses are The One Academy, APIIT, KDU Penang University College and UCSI University
- Best private universities in Malaysia for the Diploma in 3D Animation are The One Academy, KDU Penang University College and UCSI University
- Top private universities and colleges offering the diploma in fashion design are The One Academy, Raffles College, Saito College, UCSI University and Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA).
- Top ranked private university in Malaysia to study the Fashion Design with Marketing degree is UCSI University.
- The Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA) uniquely offers the Diploma in Illustration and Diploma in Fine Arts
- KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie uniquely offers the diploma in entrepreneurial design
- The best private colleges in Malaysia for Film Studies are Point College, UCSI University & APIIT
- Top ranked private college in Malaysia offering the Transport Design, Visual Effects degree and CGI & Digital Effects degree is APIIT
- Best Foundation in Design programmes in Malaysia are offered at Taylor’s University and First City University College
How to Choose the Best Private University or College to Study Graphic Design in Malaysia
The best private universities and colleges in Malaysia have excellent facilities, years of experience running the graphic design programme, strong student support services, internships and experienced lecturers.
They are also accredited by MQA and approved by the Malaysian Ministry of Education. The best private university or college in Malaysia will focus on quality, have award winners for the particular courses, years of experience offering the particular course, highly experienced lecturers, a good study environment (not a party university), internships, good mix of international & local students, extra-curricular activities and good facilities. The SETARA ranking is a guide for students to assess the quality of a private university in Malaysia.
When choosing a university and college in Malaysia, it is important for students to visit the campus and see the facilities and feel the culture of the students to see if it fits you. Talk to the lecturers and find out from the counselors there about the courses and check if the courses have been accredited by MQA.
The environment should be one where students speak mostly in English so that you can improve your English and communication skills. If you are weak in English and choose a cheap university where the students speak mainly in Mandarin, it will be difficult for you to improve your English.
Star newspaper has reported that graduates with good English earn 25% higher salary and get faster promotion. The Ministry of Education reported that there were more than 70,000 public university jobless graduates and one of the main reasons was poor command of the English language. The decisions that you make now, can change your life forever. Remember the best university doesn’t mean it is the best university for you. The best university is one that fits your career goals, your personality and can push you to a higher level of success.
Common Factors in Choosing the Best Private University in Malaysia to Study
Here’s a list of common criteria in choosing a top private university in Malaysia:
- Diploma and degrees offered
- Subjects offered in the diploma or degree (Are they relevant, up-to-date, and help you to achieve your career goals)
- Accreditation by MQA and other relevant professional bodies in Malaysia
- Type of programme (local degree, 3+0 UK or Australian degree, 4+0 American degree, degree transfer programme, etc)
- Entry requirements (Branch campuses in Malaysia have higher entry requirements)
- Location of the university
- Size of the student population
- Student culture (English-speaking environment, ambitious, serious about studies, lifestyle or party university, etc)
- Public vs. Private (STPM is tougher and choice of course & university is determined by the government)
- Costs (tuition, hostel, food, transportation, etc.)
- Financial assistance (Scholarships, PTPN Loan, EPF withdrawal, MARA Loan, etc)
Campus resources (labs, libraries, wifi, computer access, sports facilities, etc.)
- Internship and co-op programs
- Class size (Small class size for personal attention)
- Faculty contact/classes taught by full-time qualified & experienced faculty
- Quality/reputation/ranking of the private university in Malaysia
- Safety (campus, community)
- Make up of the student body (diversity, international students, gender, etc.)
- Extra-curricular activities (Student organisations, clubs, sports, etc.)
- Housing options (on-campus, off-campus apartments)
- Student support services
- Intake dates
Talk to the Best Education Consultant in Malaysia to Help you Make the Right Choice in your Studies
Choosing a course to study after SPM is not a science, it is a process. Students in Malaysia need to talk to the right education counselors so that you get the right information to help you in making this life-changing decision.
Ask the right Education Counselors in Malaysia to help you. Would you ask a Doctor on how to repair your car? Or would you ask a mechanic for medical advise? Although this sounds ridiculous, but many students do listen to advise from young and inexperienced counselors from universities, colleges or agents’ offices. Talking to an experienced education advisor in Malaysia would help you to navigate through this confusing time of choosing the best course that fits you.
Experienced education counselors are able to analyse your interests, personality and exam results to help you make a list of possible courses for consideration. EduSpiral Consultant Services staff have more than 15 years experience in counseling students. Having worked in the private education industry, we have in-depth knowledge of each private university and college in what they are good at.
EduSpiral Consultant Services has worked with our partner universities and colleges for many years while
the counselors at the private universities or agents’ offices change every few years therefore they would not have the in-depth knowledge of the courses and the university that they are working at.
At EduSpiral Consultant Services, I have worked in the private higher education industry in Malaysia for more than 15 years advising students with facts and evidence on how to choose the right course after SPM. You should carefully think about what are the options available to you. To choose the best course that fits you, students may fill up our EduSpiral Career Assessment form for evaluation.
The EduSpiral Career Assessment form is a simple form designed by us that gathers information from students after SPM, O-Levels, UEC, STPM or A-Levels in order to assess their aptitude helping us to determine the most suitable course and career progression.
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
Established since 2009, EduSpiral Consultant Services helps provide information and counselling on
courses and universities in Malaysia & Singapore.
EduSpiral Consultant Services represents the best colleges and universities in Malaysia offering a wide range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- WhatsApp: +601111408838
- Wechat: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral88
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiralsik
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: email@example.com
- Website: www.eduspiral.com