Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA)
Study the Award-Winning Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA)
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Founded in 1967 as a non-profit making organization, the Institute has trained thousands of professional artists, designers and musicians for the creative industries in this country.
Today, the institute provides a range of Diploma courses in the field of art, design and music with comprehensive and well designed course contents.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
The emphasis is placed on the mastery of creative skills, in-depth inquires, conceptual development, critical thinking and IT knowledge. The Institute makes every effort to integrate IT knowledge and multi-ethnic cultural values into its training programs to enhance the scope of learning and creative quality of the students.
Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA) endeavours to provide affordable and quality education in the creative arts by providing a conducive environment for the students to develop their creative potentials and strive for artistic excellence. Its aim is to train creative, innovative, confident and self-reliant professional artists, designers and musicians to meet the needs of national development.
The Institute is committed to cater for the needs of human resources by providing well trained graduates who will contribute towards the advancement of the creative industry.
Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA) has won hundreds of awards in design and music indicating its commitment to quality and its position as one of the best design and music colleges in Malaysia.
Art & Design Research Centre at Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA)
The main objective of the centre is to encourage the teaching staff to engage in Arts and Design research projects for the purpose of enhancing the quality of teaching and learning.
The main function of the centre is to facilitate, manage and coordinate.
Research on art and design, especially those related to local culture, traditional art forms and design will be encouraged. Comparative studies on various forms of arts and design will also be emphasized. Staff members may register with the centre for undertaking of research projects. Publication of research outcomes may [subject to approval] be funded by the Institute.
Faculty members’ research programme Information and resources for teaching and research
- Art & Design exhibitions
- Publications of the Institute
- Acquisition of artworks for the Institute
- Art collection of the institute
- Image bank / archive
Computer Lab at Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA)
MIA Computer Lab is now equipped with the most advanced iMAC with Adobe CS4 software and PCs with a range of the latest software for 2-D, 3-D and animation design.
It is also equipped with Colour, Black & White laser printers and scanners that are among a wide range of facilities provided to the staff and students for teaching and learning purposes.
Classrooms and Studios at Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA)
MIA studios and classrooms are installed with plasma TV sets and LCD projectors to facilitate teaching and learning using computer technology.
Full-Time Diploma Courses offered at Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA)
At Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA), students can find the best design and music programmes to fit their needs.
Malaysian Institute of Art offers full-time Diploma courses leading to the award of Diploma in the following disciplines:-
- Diploma in Fine Art
- Diploma in Graphic Design
- Diploma in Interior Design
- Diploma in Illustration
- Diploma in Industrial Design
- Diploma in Textile & Fashion Design
How to register at Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA)
Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA) Overseas Partner Universities
MIA has maintained close links with universities and colleges overseas where MIA graduates may proceed to complete their B.A.
Degree Programmes through advanced placement or credit transfer in United Kingdom, Australia, United States, New Zealand, China, Taiwan etc.
After the 2.5-year diploma course at Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA), students can either go out to find work or continue on to the partner universities overseas to continue their studies for degree.
- Univ. of Western Sydney
- Curtin University
- Univ. of South Australia
- Univ. of Tasmania
- Univ. of Melbourne
- Queensland Univ. of Technology
- The Australian International Conservatorium of Music
- Wanganui School of Design, UCOL
- Auckland Univ. of Technology
- Istituto Superiore Di Design, Napoli
- Evtek Institute of Art & Design
- Univ. of the West of England
- Robert Gordon University
- Univ. of Wolverhampton
- Univ. of Wales Inst., Cardiff
- Birmigham City University
- American Intercontinental University, London
- Yunnan Art Inst.Kunming
- Nanjing College of Art
- Xi’an Conservatory of Music
- Jilin Academy of Arts
- Ming Chuan University
- The Korean National University of Art
- Kyung Hee University
- Sozosha College of Design
- Chubu Music Academy
- Japan Music Council
Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA) is an Award-Winning Design and Music College in Malaysia
Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA) Awards Won in 2014
2014 CNY Horse Sculpture Design Contest
Illustration students, Ho Mun Juein and Nawei Sang were the 1st prize winners in the 2014 CNY Horse Sculpture Design Contest by KWC Fashion Mall. They won RM500 cash prize and certificate. Foundation Studies students, Foong You Xiang, Isa Nor Daniel bin Yassin and Brandon Ong Wei Chuan were the 2nd prize winners winning RM300 cash prize and certificate. Yew Jun Ken, Yang Willwin and Cally from Illustration won the 3rd prize comprising RM200 cash and certificate. Eugene Low Chin Wei, Lee Kah Chun, Chua Teck Meng and Poon Kah Wai won the Consolation Prize of RM 50 cash prize and certificate in the same contest.
Anakku Batik Competition 2014
Textile and Fashion Design Department student, Lim Jia Hui won the Grand Prize in the Anakku Baby Batik Competition.
She won RM 3000 cash prize, RM150 Anakku voucher and Ipod Nano. Tan Li Jing was the first runner up winning RM150
Anakku voucher and Ipod Nano. The second runner up, Chloe Lucy De Costa also won RM150 Anakku voucher and Ipod Nano.
MISF The 5th Malaysia International Shoe Festival 2014 – The “Out of the Box” Competition
Graphic Design student, Na Siaw Chin won the 1st Prize in The “Out of the Box” Competition organized by MISF The 5th Malaysia International Shoe Festival 2014. She won RM1000 cash, RM300 shoe voucher, a trophy and certificate. Wa Shi Sheng bagged the 3rd Prize of RM 500 cash, RM100 shoe voucher, a trophy and certificate. Yeo Lee Kee and Gan Lay Ling won the Consolation Prize of RM200 shoe voucher and certificate.
MFDC Creative Recycle Shoe Competition by MISF The 5th Malaysia International Shoe Festival 2014
Textile & Fashion Design student, Low Suzen won the 2nd Prize in MFDC Creative Recycle Shoe Competition organized by MISF 5th Malaysia International Shoe Festival 2014. She won RM1,500 cash, a trophy and certificate.
Nando’s Art Initiative ‘Alive’ Competition
Illustration student, Eng Zi Jing won the Consolation Prize in the Fine Art Category of Nando’s Art Initiative ‘Alive’ Competition organized by Nando’s Chickenland Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. He won RM1,000 cash, RM500 worth of Nando’s Vouchers and certificate.
Flora & Fauna Photo Contest 2014
Graphic Design Department lecturer,Mr Sam Long Fee won the 2nd Prize in the Flora & Fauna Category of the Flora & Fauna Photo Contest 2014, Fraser’s Hill, Pahang organised by Tourism Malaysia. He won RM2,000 cash prize, Vacation Gift Voucher and a certificate. Graphic Design student, Grady Kong Mun Chun won the 2nd Prize in the Landscape Category.
He took home RM2,000 cash prize, Vacation Gift Voucher and a certificate.
Conqueror Happy Design Contest 2013-14 (Malaysia Awards)
Graphic Design student, Wong Kar Ming won the Gold Award in Conqueror Happy Design Contest 2013-14
(Malaysia Awards). He won a 4-day Tokyo package to visit Tokyo design week and a certificate. Illustration student,
Lim Ling Li emerged as Bronze Award winner in same contest. She won RM 1,500 cash prize and certificate. On top
of that, Koh Chen Hon from Graphic Design Department won the Judge’s Choice Award.
Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA) Awards Won in 2013
New Zealand-Virtual Re-Start Fashion Competition
New Zealand Virtual Re-Start Fashion Competition is a competition featuring top design students from Malaysia & New Zealand Universities who were paired into teams of 2 to produce a collection in 1 week. Textile & Fashion Design student, Liew Chee Yeng who partner Melissa McIndoe from Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology, New Zealand, won the 2nd prize of NZ $5000.00 cash and a certificate. This competition was organized by New Zealand High Commission Kuala Lumpur to celebrate New Zealand Week in Malaysia.
6th Malaysia Footwear Design Competition 2013 (Creative Art Category)
Textile and Fashion Design students Lim Jia Hui, Emily Lim Zhi-Ing and Tan Jye Ying won the 1st prize in the Creative Art category of the 6th Malaysia Footwear Design Competition 2013 2013. They won RM 3,000 cash prize, a trophy and certificate. Rebecca Cheong Kae Mun, Wong Soke Khei, Lee Liong Miew, Arif Rastam Bin Abdul Rahman, Lee Chee Keat, Shin Mei Chian, Boo Shi Rou, Pang Yong Kiat, Praveena Sockalingam, Chee Jia Woei, Tan You Sheng, Tan Li Jing, Tan Sing Sean and Kerk Mee Siang won the Consolation Prize of RM 100 cash prize and certificate in the same category. This competition was organized by the Malaysian Footwear Manufacturers Association.
6th Malaysia Footwear Design Competition 2013 (Miniature Art Category)
Textile and Fashion Design studentsRebecea Cheong Kae Mun, Wong Soke Khei, Lee Liong Miew and Artif Rastam Bin Abdul Rahman were the 2nd prize winners in the Miniature Art category organized by Malaysian Footwear Manufacturers Association. They won RM2, 000 cash prize, a trophy and certificate. Pang Yong Kia, Praveena Sockalingam, Chee Jia Woei , Emily Lim Zhi-Ing, Lim Jia Hui, and Tan Jye Yeng won the Consolation Prize of RM 100 cash prize and certificate in the same category.
Clarins Eco-bag Drawing Competition
Illustration studentLee Thian Sin won the Grand Prize in the Clarins Eco-bag Drawing Competition. She won RM2,000
cash prize, Clarins products worth RM500 and certificate.
Rubik’s Cube Design Contest by Bratpack Malaysia
Foundation studentsHo Mun Juein, Chua Teck Ming and Na Wei Sang won the 2nd Prize in the Rubik’s Cube Design Contest organized by Bratpack Malaysia. They won RM600 cash prize, and RM 300 Bratpack vouchers. MIA duo Yew Jun Ken and Dominic Wong Sheng Yeh emerged 3rd winning them RM300 cash prize and RM200 Bratpack vouchers.
MIJF Jewellery Design Awards 2013 in Bangle Category
Illustration student, Tan Sim Yee, winner of Bangle Category, MIJF Jewellery Design Awards 2013. She won RM3, 000 cash prize, a trophy and certificate.
Mr Go Cinema Display Competition
Foundation studentsYang Will Win, Yik Sook Wei, Poon Kah Wai, Liew Zi Ling, Chia Main Dee, Lim Ling Li and Toh Jing Wei won the Grand Prize in the Mr Go Cinema Display Competition organized by GSC Movies in collaboration with MIA. They won RM1500 cash prize and certificate. 1st prize winners were Lee Kah Chun, Kong Mun Chun, Alisa Low, Chin Chai Sin, Huan Jia Jin, Siew Yuen Teng, Lim Tze Theng, and Chan Ming Chang. They won RM1000 cash prize and certificate. 2nd prize winners were Toh Zhin Yuan, How Jie Yi, Hong Xue Xin, Leow Wan Long, Mahendaran Rajendren, Sing Tien Shung, Lai Chun Kit and Teng Bo Yang. They won RM500 cash prize and certificate.
Sakura Collection Students Awards 2013
Textile & Fashion Design student Lim Jia Hui, winner of Sakura Collection Students Awards 2013. She won an all expense paid trip to Japan to attend the Sakura Collection 2013 which will be held in October at Tokyo Tower. Her outfit will be paraded during the Sakura Collection 2013 Fashion Show. The Tokyo Soir Award was won by Lee Chee Keat and Adventure Japan Award was won by Lucine Tiong, both Textile & Fashion Design students.
11th China-Asean Arts Festival and Asia Arts
12 Music students on various instruments and voice as well as 2 groups of guitar ensembles had won 14 gold awards whilst 6 students secured the silver awards at the 11th China-Asean Arts Festival and Asia Arts held at the Arts House and the National University of Singapore Cultural Hall. The gold award winners are vocalists Azreen bt. Kamal Bahrin, Liow Swee Keong, Alex Lau Kiew Kong, Lee Yi Jing; pianists Laura Ng Kar Ling, Christine Ong Swi Ting, Felicia Chandra; violinists Law Yii Liang, Lim Thiam Chi, Liew Yee Lee; saxophonist Wong Loke Chuan; Chinese flutist Wong Teik Yin; guitar ensemble Cyan Rafflesia and Guitar Trio.
Youth in Charge 2013: Do a good CAUSE, with your COURSE by MagnumCares
Illustration student, Tee Kim Thiam and Graphic Design students, Koh Shin Ni, Jiu Wei Siong and Chong Chin Yee, won the Website Design Category for Youth in Charge 2013: Do a good CAUSE, with your COURSE by MagnumCares. They won RM 6,000 cash prize, trophy and certificate, whereas the charity home that they worked with for their website won
RM 10,000 cash contribution.
Furthermore, Jee Sing Haw from Illustration Department won the Brochure Design Category in the same competition. He won RM 3,000 cash prize, trophy and certificate. The charity home that he designed his brochure for won RM 10,000 cash contribution.
Best Creative Design for Minyak Yu Yee Cap Limau Packaging & Graphic Design
Graphic Design students, Wong Kar Ming, Tan Kee Giap and See G-Ling won the prize in the contest organized by
FM Promos Sdn Bhd. The following students have won RM1, 500 cash prize and certificates.
Vista Komanwel A, Logo and Signage Design Contest 2013
Graphic Design students, Ng Yin Hui, Chang Shu Yin and Lau Chun Woei, won the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes in the contest organized by Perbadanan Pengurusan Vista Komanwel A, Bukit Jalil. The students won a total of RM1600.00 cash prize, souvenirs and certificates.
19th National Oldies Song Competition
- Music students, Liow Juin Yi was the winner in this competition organized by Kwang Hwa Jit Poh Press. The student won the RM10,888 cash prize and a trophy.
MIID Reka Award 2013
- Interior Design students, Lum Choon Sam and Ng Kar Chian won the Gold and Silver Awards in MIID Reka Award 2013 organized by Pertubuhan Rekabentuk Dalaman Malaysia. Both of them won a trophy and a certificate.
Art Tourism Challenge 1MCAT 2013- ‘Contemporary Art- The Futurist’
- Fine Art student, Yau Sir Meng won the 2nd prize, winning RM800.00 cash and certificate in this competition organized by Tourism Malaysia. Ho Mun Juein and Yew Jun Ken from Illustration Department won the Consolation Prize of RM200.00 and certificate.
39th National Classical Vocal Competition
- Music student, Alex Lau Kiew Kong was 1st runner-up at the 39th National Classical Vocal Competition organized by the Penang Philharmonic Society held in Penang on December 8, 2013.
Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA) Awards Won in 2012
Students’ Face Off category of Conqueror Design & Print Awards 2010/2011 (announced in March 2012)
- The Conqueror Design & Print Awards gives recognition to outstanding works that combine the use of creative papers with design. Graphic Design student, Khoo Xiao Yun won the Distinction Prize of a trophy, a certificate and cash US $900 in Students’ Face Off category of Conqueror Design & Print Awards 2010/2011.
Poster Design Competition in-conjunction with Mother’s Day
- Graphic Design student Chan Chun Man was the 1st Runner Up winner in the Poster design competition in-conjunction with Mother’s Day which organized by Sstwo Mall. He won a Samsung Galaxy S2, a trophy and certificate. Tan Shu Fang from same department was the 2nd Runner Up in the same competition. She won a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus, a trophy and certificate. Ho Lai Kuan won the consolation prize with a trophy plus certificate.
Kuala Lumpur International Gift and Premium 2012 Product Design Competition
- MIA Industrial Design Student, Teh Zhi Chew won the first prize with his product design theme “Clipdy” in Kuala Lumpur International. Gift and Premium 2012 Product Design Competition. He won RM 5,000 cash prize, a trophy and a certificate. The competition was jointly organized by the Malaysian Gifts & Premium Entrepreneur Association and Majlis Rekabentuk Malaysia.
5th Malaysia Footwear Design Competition 2012
- Textile and Fashion Design student Lye Chi Xian won the Most Promising prize with his theme “Ding” in the Ladies Shoes category of the 5th Malaysia Footwear Design Competition 2012 which was organized by Malaysian Footwear Manufacturers Association. He won RM 1,000 cash prize, a trophy and certificate. While student from Interior Design department, Sheireen Sim Peck Yoke won the 3rd prize with theme “ Lock & Key-Perfect Matching” in the Men Shoes category in the same competition. She won RM1, 500 cash prize, a trophy and certificate.
Miniature Shoes & Creative Art Competition 2012 (Creative Art Category)
- Textile and Fashion Design students Christopher Lum Yee Chong, Loh Hui Chin, Lye Chi Xian and Vicky Toh Sing Na won the 3rd prize in the category Creative Art in this competition. They won RM 1,000 cash prize, a trophy and certificate. Andrew Low, Tan You Sheng and Liew Jia Wen won the Consolation Prize with RM100 cash prize and certificate in the same category.
Miniature Shoes & Creative Art Competition 2012 (Miniature Art Category)
- Textile and Fashion Design students Lye Chi Xian, Tan Mayblle and Vicky Toh Sing Na were the 1st prize winners in the category Miniature Art organize by Malaysian Footwear Manufacturers Association. They won RM3, 000 cash prize, a trophy and certificate. The 3rd prize won by Chan Chee Keong (Graphic Design), Oliver Kah Adam (Illustration) and Tan You Sheng (Textile & Fashion Design) with RM1,000 cash prize , a trophy and certificate in the same category. Ng Yen Hong, Doreen Ong, Venessa Tan, Hiew Wei Chian, Chong Siaw Ying, Christopher Lum Yee Chong, Loh Hui Chin, Chow Lye Yee won the Consolation Prize with RM 100 cash prize and certificate in the same category.
Partial Scholarship Birmingham Conservatory of Music
- Zuklifi bin Zainul was offered a partial scholarship to pursue a Master of Music programme at Birmingham Conservatory
of Music, UK.
Chin Yong Youth Vocal Competition
- Students from Music Department Tan Miao Yun (Semester 5) and Loo Jingyi (Semester 6) won the bronze awards at the Chin Yong Youth Vocal Competition held at The KL and Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall on 8th July 2012, Sunday at 8.00 pm. This competition was organized by The KL and Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall and Chin Yong Music Society Malaysia and their media partners Sin Chew Daily and Ai FM.
Jeanne LANVIN-The Couture Touch Design Competition 2012
- Student from Textile & Fashion Department Tan You Sheng won the grand prize in this competition, wining him RM 4,000 cash. The first runner up, Lye Chi Xian won RM 3,000 cash and second runner up, Liew Chee Yeng won RM 2,000 cash. Liew JIa Wen and Ng Yen Hong won the editor’s choice award which comes with RM 1,000 cash. This competition was organized by Luxasia (M) Sdn. Bhd.
IKEA Armchair Cover Competition
- Students from Industrial Design and Interior Design Department won the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes in IKEA Armchair Cover
Competition. Fatemeh Khosh Rou from Industrial Design Department won 1st prize IKEA Gift Card worth RM1,000. Wong Shih Yar from Interior Design Department won 2nd prize IKEA Gift Car worth RM 800 and Shafeqa Rashidah won 3rd prize IKEA Gift Card worth RM 500 in the competition.
The 11th China International Chorus Festival and IFCM World Choral Summit
- Music Department student, Jacqueline Teng Jye Yee represented Malaysia as a member of the Asia Pacific Youth Choir which performed at The 11th China International Chorus Festival and IFCM World Choral Summit held in Tianjin and Beijing, China, from 10 July to 17 July, 2012.
Diesel Pimp a Jeans Contest
- Interior Design student, Ong Yee Ling was selected as the Crowd’s Favourite Award with RM1,000 cash and 1 year supply of Diesel Malaysia Apparels worth up to RM200 per month in the Diesel Pimp a Jeans Contest.
Asia Musical Singing Competition
- Music students, Liow Swee Keong a.k.a Jun Yi secured the merit award along with Lee Yi Jing who won the consolation prize at the Asia Musical Singing Competition organized by the Asia Musical Production House at Berjaya Times Square.
Asia Piano Competition 2012
- Music students, Kenneth Yap Jeng Khong secured 2nd prize in the Asia Piano Competition 2012 organized by the Asia Musicians Society.
MIDA Malaysian Interior Design Awards 2012 for Design Excellence
- Interior Design student Nicholas Foo Kok Ming won the Silver award of RM 1,500 cash and a certificate whilst Ng Kar Chian won the Honorary Mention Award of RM 500 cash plus a certificate in the student’s category.
Pertandingan Rekabentuk Malaysia 2011 (announced in 2012)
- Graphic Design student New Jeng Mun won a consolation prize of RM 2,000 and a trophy plus a certificate in the design competition organized by Majlis Rekabentuk Malaysia.
2nd Vietnam International Festival and Choir Competition
- The MIA Ladies Choir was awarded the gold diploma and the championship for the female voice category at the 2nd Vietnam International Festival and Choir Competition. They were also invited to perform at the Opening Ceremony which was recorded for TV Vietnam and also the Friendship Concert.
Nippon Paint Colourful Dreams Design & Win Competition
- Interior Design student, Chong Tze Chin was selected as MIA winner in the Nippon Paint Colourful Dreams Design & Win Competition and received her prize with one Apple iPad 3 with a certificate of participation.
10th Malaysian Choral Eisteddfod 2012 International Choral Competition
- The MIA Ladies Choir secured the gold award and the championship for the Youth Equal Voices Category at the 10th Malaysian Choral Eisteddfod 2012 International Choral Competition in Ipoh, Perak on 17 November 2012.
Green Exhibition 2012: College Recycle Sculpture Contest
- Industrial Design student, Ong Chong Yih won 2nd prize, winning RM 500.00 cash, a certificate and 500 Bonus Link points. Lim Jia Hui from Textile & Fashion Design Department and Chan Chee Keong from Interior Design Department won the Consolation Prize of RM 50.00 cash each.
Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA) Awards Won in 2011
Malaysia Design Competition 2010/2011
- Chan Yung Khang from Industrial Design Department was awarded the first prize (RM6000) for his entry entitled “Ironism” (theme was “From Traditional to Modern Design”) in the University / College Students Category in the above competition held on 26 March 2011. Soon Cheng Hong won the third prize (RM5000). Chua Hong Yong and Ong Boon Koon each won the consolation prize (RM2000) in the same competition.
Nextus New Furniture Design Competition 2010/2011
- Chai Wan Ni, a student from interior Design Department won the second prize of RM3,000, a trophy and certificate in the above competition organized by the Export Furniture Exhibition Expo Sdn Bhd on 7 March 2011. Teng Chee Hoong, Interior Design student and Soon Cheng Hong from Industrial Design Department, each won the Special Commendation Award which came with a cash prize of RM1,000.
MIFF Ideation Award 2011
- Interior Design student, Ng Yong Hui won the third prize of RM1000 cash, a trophy and a certificate at the Malaysian
International Furniture Fair 2011 organised by MIFF Sdn. Bhd. and Arcradius Consulting Sdn. Bhd. on March 2011.
Nando’s Peri-Fry Art Competition 2011
- Yong Si Won from Foundation Studies won a consolation prize of RM200 cash and RM200 vouchers in the Nando’s Peri-Fry Art Competition on 14 April 2011.
MISF 2011 Footwear Creative Design Competition
- Textile and Fashion Design student Toh Hui Yee won a consolation prize in the competition organized by the Malaysian Footwear Manufacturers Association on 10 April 2011
Electrolux Think Eco Challenge 2011
- Tan Haong Kuan and Teh Zi Chew from Industrial Design Department, Christopher Bong from Interior Design Department were consolation prize winners in the Electrolux Think Eco competition. The competition was to design a functional household item using recyclable material. All the 10 best projects were exhibited at Pavilion KL on 10 May 2011.
2011 International Students’ Workshop organized by Sozosha College of Design, Japan
- Ms. Naquiah Bt. Mohd. Fhauzi from Interior Design Department won the Grand prize in a group presentation.
4th Malaysia Footwear Design Competition 2011 (Miniature Shoes Category)
- Foundation Design students Vanessa Tan, Charlie Thong, Lim Pey Ying, Samuel Yong Cheen Sien, Hiew Wei Chien, Chong Siaw Yin, Joan Ng Su Ying and Eugene Gan were the 2nd prize winners which won them RM1,500 cash plus a trophy and certificate. Lye Chi Xian was placed third with RM 1,000 cash plus a trophy and a certificate. Angelica Chong Choy Kuan, Yeoh Kai Chin and Beh Sin Cher won a consolation prize as a group.
4th Malaysia Footwear Design Competition 2011 (Creative Art Category)
- Textile and Fashion Design students Andrew Low, Firdaus Salleh, Lim Yi Hong and Hor Lai Kuan were the 1st prize winners in the Creative Art category of the Malaysia Footwear Design Competition held from 4 – 10 April 2011. They won RM3,000 cash plus a trophy and certificate. Derrick Tee Jing Wen, Angelica Chong Choy Kuan, Joslin Liu Yee Ling, Vincent Leong Jia Hou, Evelyn Beh Sin Cher and Firdaus Salleh won consolation prizes in the same category. Sherrin bt Mohd Sulastry, Park Kyungni, Christopher Lum Yee Chong and Loh Hui Chin were finalists in this Category.
wREGA Sustainable Graphic Design Challenge 2011 (Category A: Diploma)
- Graphic Design students Dennis Ong Chong Ho, Tan Su Lian, Lee Chun Yuan, Sherlyn Ho and Lam Jia Wei won the second prize as a group in the competition organized by wREGA Graphic Design Association of Malaysia on 7 May 2011.
Parkson Passport to Style Europe 2011 June – July Window Display Contest 2011
- Interior Design students, Naquiah binti Mohd Fhauzi, Ng Yong Hui, Tan Yee Kian, Esther Chang Li Ann from Graphic Design Department, Vincent Leong Jia Hou from Textile and Fashion Design Department represented MIA to showcase their design for the Window Display Contest 2011 at Parkson Pavilion on July 2011.
Malaysian Youth Orchestra Festival 2011
- The MIA Ladies Choir won the 1st prize in a Choral Competition at the Malaysian Youth Orchestra Festival held on August 2011 in Kuala Lumpur. Loo JingYi and Ong Ching Yee were placed second in the Vocal category whereas Teh Jia Wen and Chong Wei Xian won the second and third places respectively in the Piano category at the same Festival.
DDEC Product Design Competition 2011
- Industrial Design student Tan Haong Kuan won the first prize in the Student Category of the Innovative Idea Design Competition organized by Design Development Centre on 12 September 2011. He won RM2,000 cash prize, trophy and
certificate. Teh Zi Chew won a consolation prize of RM400 cash. Chan Yung Khang also from Industrial Design Department won the 2nd prize in the Professional Category with a cash award of RM4,000
MIDA 2011 Awards
- Interior Design student Ling Yee Ping won the third prize of RM1, 000 for the IPDM Students Excellence Award in the MIDA 2011 awards organized by IPDM on 28 October 2011. Khor Swee Chuan also from Interior Design Department won honorary mention with a RM500 cash prize
C Plus C Recycle Art Competition
- April 2011 Intake Foundation students, Chan Sze Ying, Chan Sze Min, Tan Za Jia, Tan Sing Sean and Sin Mei Chian won the Grand Prize and Most voted Prize in the Creative Recycle Art Category in the C Plus C Recycle Art Competition. The Grand Prize bagged them RM3000 cash, a trophy and certificate while the Most Voted prize won them RM1000 cash, a trophy and certificate. Ng Su Ying from Fine Art Department won the Most Voted Prize in the Creative Photography Category, winning her RM1000 cash prize, a trophy and certificate.
Dulux Emerging Talent Awards 2011
- Interior Design student, Ng Yong Hui was awarded a certificate of achievement and participated as one of the
representatives from Malaysia in the Dulux Emerging Talent Awards 2011 competition held in Taipei from 17 – 21 October 2011.
Nippon Paint Young Designers Award 2011 (Interior Design Category)
- Lim Chee Hong, Interior Design Student won the Gold Award at the Nippon Paint Young Designers Award 2011 on 10 November 2011, winning him RM3000 cash and a MacBook Pro 15” 2.536GHZ. The Silver Award of RM2,000 cash was won by Chai Wan Ni also from the Interior Design Department. Khor Swee Chuan , a finalist won RM500 Nippon paint voucher. The number of entries from all Interior Design colleges and Universities in Malaysia this year totaled more than 700. MIA was awarded the Best College and Best Lecturer Award for the second year running. The prizes were RM1000 cash prize and RM1000 Nippon Paint voucher for the Best College Award while the Best Lecturer Award was a RM1000 cash prize.
Piala Seri Endon 2011 Competition
- Textile and Fashion Design students, Ng Yee Von, Andrew Low, Lye Chi Xian and Lum Yee Chong were shortlisted for the Finals of the Fashion Design Category. Tee Pei Mun and Siti Aishah Binti Abdullah were shortlisted to compete in the Finals of the Handicraft Category. The Piala Seri Endon Grand Finals was held on 11 December 2011 at KLCC.
Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA) Awards Won in 2010
Nippon Paint Young Designer Award 2010 (Interior Design Category)
- Low Poh Shi, Interior Design Student won the Gold Award of RM3,000 cash and a Mac Book Pro 13” 2.53 Gh2 in the Interior Design Category. Teng Chee Hong won the Honorary Mention with RM1, 000 cash in the same category. MIA was awarded the Best College and Best Lecturer in this competition. The prize were RM 1,000 cash prize and RM1, 000 Nippon Paint voucher for Best College while the Best Lecturer Award was RM1,000 cash prize.
Project New York Interior Design Competition 2010
- Wendy Lim, Chan Teck Lup, Lee Shi Feng, Seah Ei Wen, Lim Yao Wen, Khor Swee Chuan, Teh Ing Ing, Lim Chiew Hsia, and Chua Yi Mun were the top ten finalists of the flagship F&B store in Kuala Lumpur. Chan Teck Lup was the 1st prize winner in this competition. He won RM2, 000 cash prize.
APSDA 2010 Beijing, China-Student Workshop organised by MSID-DULUX
- Interior Design student, Low Yee Ann was selected as the student representative for MSID and MIA to attend the China-Student Workshop held in Beijing, China from 8th October until 14th October 2010 (Fully sponsored trip by ICI Paints (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd., an AkzoNobel company).
MIFF Ideation Award 2010
- Industrial Design Department student, Mahdieh Mirmoezi won the third prize (RM1000) in the furniture design competition.
Chan Yung Khang was one of the shortlisted entries in MIFF Ideation Award organized by Malaysia International Furniture Fair Sdn. Bhd. on 1 March 2010.
Creative Home Interior Design Competition 2010 organised By MACY Home Furnishings Sdn Bhd
- Interior Design students Teng Chee Hong, Low Poh Shi and Look Wai Yee won the First Prize of cash award RM2,500 plus a trophy and certificate for each team member. The Consolation Prize Winners were Pang Kong Wei, Chriswilly and Er Chin Keong who each received RM300 of Macy voucher & certificate.
EduSpiral Consultant Services – Your Online Education Advisor
EduSpiral Consultant Services is a education agent that guides students from across Malaysia to help them choose the right
course and university. Highly experienced professional staff will talk to you and get to know you before giving advise on which course that will best fit you and your budget.
Established in 2009, EduSpiral is an appointed representative for top reputable private colleges & universities in Malaysia. EduSpiral also represents the top ranked Northampton University, UK, Hong Kong Polytechnic University and MDIS Singapore.
EduSpiral Consultant Services represents the best colleges and universities in Malaysia offering a wide range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- Whatsapp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Foursquare: www.foursquare.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiral1
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: email@example.com
- Website: www.eduspiral.com