Best Canadian Pre-University (CPU) Programme in Malaysia at Taylor’s College
Best Canadian Pre-University Programme in Malaysia at Top Ranked Taylor’s College Subang & Hartamas Campuses
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Taylor’s College is the pioneer of Malaysia’s Canadian Pre-University programme, first established in 1983. Taylor’s College has placed 1,430 students in 200 universities around the world (2010-2015). More than 80% of CPU teachers are experienced Canadian professionals, qualified and certified by the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT). With 27 subjects to choose from, CPU provides greater flexibility by encouraging students to tailor their programme to specific interests and university program choices.
Taylor’s College has been a centre of excellence for Pre-University Studies in Malaysia; renowned for its academic excellence and unbeatable track record. Taylor’s College has placed its students in top universities of their choice around the world. Pre-University programmes are available at two campuses: Taylor’s College Subang Jaya (TCSJ) and Taylor’s College Sri Hartamas (TCSH).
Out of more than 400 private colleges in Malaysia, Taylor’s College is the ONLY college awarded the 6-star (outstanding) rating by the Ministry of Education Malaysia in the 2012/2013 MyQUEST evaluation for the overall quality of learning. Undoubtedly, Taylor’s College is the best in Malaysia to study the Canadian Pre-University Programme.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
Best College in Malaysia for Canadian Pre-University Programme at Taylor’s College Subang and Taylor’s College Hartamas
Studying the Canadian Pre-University (CPU) at Taylor’s College Malaysia
The Canadian Pre-University (CPU) programme is a Pre-University programme for students who have completed their SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia), O-Levels or equivalent. Taylor’s College is the pioneer of Malaysia’s Canadian Pre-University programme, first established in 1983.
CPU is well known for its unique interactive teaching and learning signature style. It is a 12 – 15 months long programme where students are required to take 6 subjects. The Canadian Pre-University programme at Taylor’s College comprises of 70% coursework and 30% final examination.
Taylor’s College Canadian Pre-University (CPU) programme has been embedded with innovative and unique platforms for students to explore and map out their future career path. MyBluePrint is a dedicated platform for CPU, an authentic and reliable evaluation on development of students’ skills, keeping them on track to become well-rounded individuals. Here, students are guided to plan their personal mission, set their university and career goals, and help formulate personalised roadmaps to success. It consists of 9 effective pillars of support.
Award-Winning Canadian Pre-University Students from Taylor’s College for JUNE 2015
GOVERNOR GENERAL’S ACADEMIC MEDAL
- Nicholas Chee Wei Jun 98.67%
PRESIDENT’S AWARDS The Highest Academic Standing
- First Place – Nicholas Chee Wei Jun
- Second Place – Jigar Dharmendra
STUDENT LEADERSHIP AWARD
- Jigar Dharmendra Ganatra
(2012-2015) ONTARIO MERIT SCHOLARS (80% & ABOVE) 55% (97) out of 177 graduates
- Business – Alwani Aishah Qistina Bt Azam 97.00%
- English – Nicholas Chee Wei Jun 98.00%
- The Arts – Rachel Cheong Yun Xuan 93.50%
- Social Science – Jigar Dharmendra Ganatra 95.50%
- Science – Nicholas Chee Wei Jun 98.00%
- Applied Science – Nur Diyana Bt Mohd Taib 95.00%
- Applied Science – Cheong Jun Ian 95.00%
- Computer Studies – Rohan Wai Kit Sahgal 95.00%
- Mathematics – Nicholas Chee Wei Jun 100.00%
Intakes for the Canadian Pre-University Programme at Taylor’s College Malaysia
Examination Period – June & December
Canadian Pre-University Entry Requirements at Taylor’s College Malaysia
- SPM; O Levels or equivalent: Five (5) credits including English and Mathematics/Science (subject pre-requisites apply)
Difference between Canadian Pre-University (CPU) and Canadian International Matriculation Programme (CIMP).
- CPU and CIMP are similar programmes; they are both the final year of secondary schools in Ontario, Canada where graduating students will receive the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD).
International Recognition for the Canadian Pre-University Programme at Taylor’s College
Taylor’s College Canadian Pre-University programme is a popular choice for students who wish to continue their tertiary education abroad. The Canadian Pre-University programme qualifies students to further their tertiary education in such countries as Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, United States, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan and more. Moreover, CPU is a well-recognized qualification to top universities around the world and it also fulfils entry requirements for many undergraduate programmes at private education institutions.
Subjects Offered in the Taylor’s College Canadian Pre-University Programme
More than 80% of CPU teachers are experienced Canadian professionals, qualified and certified by the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT). With 27 subjects to choose from, CPU provides greater flexibility by encouraging students to tailor their programme to specific interests and university program choices.
- Advanced Functions
- Analysing Current Economic Issues
- Business Leadership: Management Fundamentals
- Calculus and Vectors
- Canadian and International Law
- World Issues: A Geographical Analysis
- Canadian and International Politics
- Challenge and Change in Society
- Computer Science
- English 4U
- English 4C
- Exercise Science
- Financial Accounting Principles
- International Business Fundamentals
- Mathematics of Data Management
- Media Arts
- World History: The West and the World
- Courses to Support Foundation in Sciences and Mathematics
- Chemistry, Grade 11
- Functions, Grade 11
- Physics, Grade 11
- Courses to Support English Literacy
- English 3U
- English as a Second Language ESL Level 5
- Literacy Skills: Reading and Writing
- Ontario Secondary School Literacy Course
Overview of the Subjects for the Canadian Pre-University Programme at Taylor’s College
This subject extends students’ experience and application with functions, investigate and develop properties of various functions to refine their use in mathematical processes.Analysing Current Economic Issues
The subject explores the choices individuals and societies made with resources in global economy using economic concepts and models, including inquiry on issues and presentation of findings.Biology
Provides students with in-depth study on biological systems, conduct investigations in biochemistry, molecular genetics, metabolic processes, homeostasis and population dynamics.
Business Leadership: Management Fundamentals
In this course, students analyse the role of leader in business, focus on decision making, management of group dynamics, workplace stress, motivation of employees and effective business communications.
Calculus and Vectors
Students will solve problems on geometric and algebraic representation of vectors, lines and planes in 3D space as well as understanding on rates of change, applying them to modeling of real-world relationships.
Canadian and International Law
Students examine elements of Canadian law and its role in social, political and global contexts, including learning of connections between historical and philosophical law sources in contemporary society.
World Issues: A Geographical Analysis
The subject draws on geographical concepts, skills, methods and technologies to analyse the significant issues faced by citizens of independent world, where students examines the challenges in creating sustainable & equitable future.
Canadian and International Politics
Students will apply critical thinking and communication skills to investigate ways individuals, groups and state works to influence domestic and world events, role of political ideologies and dynamics of international corporations and conflict resolution.
Challenge and Change in Society
This subject examines theories and methodologies used in anthropology, psychology and sociology to investigate and explain shifts in knowledge, attitude, beliefs and behavior, and the impact on society.
The subject enables students to deepen understanding on organic chemistry, energy changes and rates of reaction, chemical systems and equilibrium, electrochemistry and atomic & molecular structure with emphasis on chemistry in daily life and impact on environment.
Students will use modular design principles to create complex and fully documented programmes, according to industry standards and manage software development project (Computer Games Development) from planning to project review.
This subject emphasises development of students’ technical proficiency, fluency in language of movement in dance genres around the world and apply creative process to art of dance in variety of ways to exhibit the possibilities in continuing engagement as a lifelong learner.
Emphasises on consolidation of literacy, critical thinking and communication skills, with important focus on understanding and using the language confidently in discussion and argument.
Students will analyse informational texts and literary works; write research reports, summaries and short analytical essays; complete independent study project and establish effective usage in business and technical language.
This course focuses on study of human movement, learning about effects of physical activity on health and performance, evolution of activity and sports, preparing students for university programmes in physical education, kinesiology, health sciences, recreation and sports business/administration.
Financial Accounting Principles
The subject introduces students to learn about financial statements, expand knowledge on sources of financing, develop accounting methods for assets and introduce accounting for partnerships and corporations.
International Business Fundamentals
The subject provides overview on the importance of international business and trade in global economy and students learn about techniques and strategies in marketing, distribution and managing international business.
Mathematics of Data Management
This subject broadens students’ understanding on mathematics relating to data management, applying methods to organize large amount of information, solve problems on probability and statistics and integrates statistical concepts.
Skills and technology based approach to creating multimedia products, with hands-on experiences on variety of computer programmes including Adobe Master’s Collection Suite to produce, print, graphic, audio and film products with iMac.
The subject enables students to continue their exploration on energy transformation and forces that affect motion, study on electrical, gravitational and magnetic fields and electromagnetic radiation to develop scientific investigation skills.
World History: The West and the World
The subject investigates on major trends in Western civilization and world history from 16th century to present as they learn about the interaction between the emerging West and other regions in the world in terms of social, political and economic development.
Courses to Support Foundation in Sciences and Mathematics
Chemistry, Grade 11
Students further develop analytical skills and investigate properties of matter, study on properties of chemicals and chemical bonds; chemical reactions and quantitative relationships; solutions and solubility; atmospheric chemistry and behavior of gases.
Functions, Grade 11
This subject introduces mathematical concept of the function by extending students’ experiences with linear and quadratic relations, investigate various functions and solve multi-step problems.
Physics, Grade 11
This subject allows student to explore kinematics, with emphasis on linear motion; different kind of forces; energy transformations; mechanical waves and sound; and electricity and magnetism to enhance their skills to test laws of physics.
Courses to Support English Literacy
The subject emphasises on development of literacy, communication, critical and creative thinking skills with important focus on using language with precision and clarity to incorporate in stylistic devices appropriately and effectively.
English as a Second Language ESL Level 5
Provides students with skills and strategies to transit from college to university preparation course through participation in debates and class workshops as well as respond critically to print and media texts.
Literacy Skills: Reading and Writing
Designed to help student strengthen essential reading and writing skills with focus on locating information, identifying main ideas, build vocabulary and consolidate skills in key comprehension strategies.
Ontario Secondary School Literacy Course
Students acquire and demonstrate cross-curricular literacy skills where they will read a variety of informational, narrative and graphic texts to maintain and manage a literacy portfolio evaluated by the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test.
Why Study Pre-University at Taylor’s College Malaysia
- The only college with all campuses awarded 6-star (highest rating) by MOE consistently since 2012.
- Out of 143 colleges and universities in the world which participated in the iGraduate 2013 survey on student learning experience, Taylor’s College emerged No. 1 in Malaysia.
- Every year, over 1,000 students are placed in the top 200 universities of the world.
- 3 out of 4 ‘top in the world’ South Australian Matriculation/SACE International achievers in 2013 were from Taylor’s College.
- 74% of the Malaysian students who were awarded Top in the World Cambridge Learner Awards 2013 were Taylor’s College students.
(Top in the World Cambridge Learner Awards is a recognition by Cambridge International Examination (CIE) for students who have achieved outstanding academic achievements)
Taylor’s College is a Top Private College in Malaysia for Pre-University Programmes
- Best in Malaysia Brand Excellence Award Awarded with the ‘Brand Excellence Award’ in 2008 by the Ministry of International Trade & Industry Malaysia (MITI).
- Students’ Choice Awards Voted and awarded with Doctorjob’s ‘Most Popular Private College/University in Malaysia’ in 2008 and 2009 by gtimedia.
- Awarded with the highest rating of ‘Tier 6:Outstanding’ in:
- – Quality of overall education
- – Quality of general programmes (pre-university)
- – Quality of support for international students
- Out of more than 400 private colleges in Malaysia, Taylor’s College is the ONLY college awarded the 6-star (outstanding) rating by the Ministry of Education Malaysia in the 2012/2013 MyQUEST evaluation for the overall quality of learning.
- 15 Out of 211 colleges and universities in the world which participated in the i-graduate 2014 survey, Taylor’s College emerged No.1 in Malaysia.
- 1) Student Learning Experience
- 2) Student Living Experience
- 3) Student Support
Student Services & Support at Taylor’s College
At Taylor’s College, they have prepared exclusive services to ensure your transition into college and university remains seamless.
Some of the students experience and support offered at Taylor’s College are:
- Clubs & Societies
- Career and Psychological Counselling Centre (CPCC)
- Online Learning Platform & Communication Portals
- International Students’ Support
- Mastery of English Language: English Language Support
There are currently 69 clubs & societies available for students to choose from based on their interest and capabilities. The Student Development Centre currently conducts student recruitment drives for clubs and societies during the Orientation week to expose new students to the various opportunities that are present.
Taylor’s College Subang Jaya Campus
Located in the heart of Subang Jaya, Taylor’s College Subang Jaya (TCSJ) is within a self-contained city, where amenities are plentiful and within walking distance. Public transportation is easily available with the nearest commuter train station just a short 3 kilometer bus or taxi ride.
Understanding the importance of proximity; Taylor’s College Subang Jaya also provides fully-furnished accommodation for students ranging from apartments to landed properties which is within walking distance to the campus.
The safety of our students is second to none; at each entry and exit point of the campus, our well trained security guards are present to ensure of no illegal trespassing; with half-hourly motorcycle patrols around the campus vicinity.
Our students are a priority, and in order to provide them with the best learning experience, Taylor’s College has created a conducive learning environment for its students as we believe that learning takes place beyond classrooms. Some of the facilities that has been rooted into the college are:
A safe and conducive learning space that is designed for students; the hub is fully air-conditioned and well-equipped with compatible smart device gadgets which are easily accessible.
Located along the side-walk of Taylor’s College Subang Jaya, this beautifully landscaped area provides students with the opportunity to carry out activities or simply hang out with friends within a controlled environment.
Knowledge without boundaries has been truly defined through Taylor’s College e-library which has over 28,000 resources that gives limitless access to students and lecturers.
Total of 33 iMacs installed to assist students complete their learning experience.
A spacious dance studio with full-length mirrors to enhance performance quality and reduce injuries.
A chamber with acoustic paneling equipped with musical instruments with theatre seating.
Taylor’s College Subang Jaya provides a safe and conducive learning space that is designed for its students as it is fully air-conditioned and well-equipped with compatible smart device gadgets which are easily accessible.
Taylor’s College Subang Jaya has a Career and Psychological Counselling Centre (CPCC) that provides assistance to ensure that the students’ well-being and academic success is taken care of while providing international students support services to ease their transition period.
Also, the Subang Jaya campus is well equipped with numerous facilities such as a library, gym, futsal and basketball court, dance studio, MAC lab, music chamber and many more.
Taylor’s College Sri Hartamas Campus
Taylor’s College Sri Hartamas is located next to a shopping mall and minutes away from Kuala Lumpur City Centre. This greenery township, known for its diverse expatriate community is closely developed with a variety of shops, mega malls, restaurants and other basic amenities.
The Sri Hartamas campus is designed to promote closeness and personal engagement with students through a conducive learning environment. This close knitted campus provides various learning spaces that helps cultivate collaboration and peer-to-peer learning.
Some of the facilities that has been rooted into the college are:
A conducive learning space that isolates you from distraction. The perfect place for collaborative learning and discussions.
Students are able to access the computer lab.
Designed by Taylor’s College students, this modern and contemporary library has an extensive collection of resources and an easy-to-use self-service loan system.
Taylor’s College Pre-University Students have joined Top Universities In the World
Taylor’s College offers a one-stop university placement services exclusively for students of both Subang Jaya and Sri Hartamas campuses. Experienced advisors and visiting university representatives will provide advice and assistance on study options and applications to various universities around the world including those in Australia, Canada, Singapore, the United Kingdom, the United States of America as well as local universities within Malaysia.
Taylor’s College Students have Enrolled at Top Universities in Australia
- Bond University
- Charles Sturt University
- Curtin University
- Deakin University
- Edith Cowan University
- Flinders University
- Griffith University
- James Cook University
- La Trobe University
- Macquarie University
- Monash University
- Murdoch University
- Queensland University of Technology
- RMIT University
- Swinburne University of Technology
- The Australian National University
- The University of Adelaide
- The University of Melbourne
- The University of New South Wales
- The University of Newcastle
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Sydney
- The University of Western Australia
- University of South Australia
- University of Tasmania
- University of Technology Sydney
- University of Western Sydney
- University of Wollongong
Taylor’s College Students have Enrolled at Top Universities in Canada
- Carleton University
- Dalhousie University
- McGill University
- McMaster University
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Queen’s University
- Simon Fraser University
- Trent University
- Trinity Western University
- University of Alberta
- University of British Columbia
- University of Calgary
- University of Guelph
- University of Manitoba
- University of New Brunswick
- University of Ottawa
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of Toronto
- University of Victoria
- University of Waterloo
- University of Western Ontario
- York University
Taylor’s College Students have Enrolled at Top Universities in Hong Kong
- City University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
Taylor’s College Students have Enrolled at Top Universities in Russia
- Kursk State Medical University
- Moscow Medical Academy
- Moscow State Medical University
Taylor’s College Students have Enrolled at Top Universities in Singapore
- James Cook University
- Nanyang Technological University
- National University of Singapore
- Singapore Institute of Management
- Singapore Management University
Taylor’s College Students have Enrolled at Top Universities in the United Kingdom
- Aberystwyth University
- Aston University
- Brunel University
- Cardiff University
- City University London
- Coventry University
- De Montfort University
- Durham University
- Heriot-Watt University
- Imperial College London
- Keele University
- King’s College London
- Kingston University
- Liverpool John Moores University
- London School of Business & Finance
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- Loughborough University
- Middlesex University
- Nottingham Trent University
- Oxford Brookes University
- Plymouth University
- Queen Mary University Of London
- Queen’s University Belfast
- Robert Gordon University
- Royal Veterinary College
- Southampton Solent University
- Teeside University
- The School of Oriental and African Studies University of London
- University College London
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Bath
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bradford
- University of Brighton
- University of Bristol
- University of Buckingham
- University of Cambridge
- University of Chester
- University of Dundee
- University of East Anglia
- University of East London
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Essex
- University of Exeter
- University of Glasgow
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Hull
- University of Kent
- University of Lancaster
- University of Leeds
- University of Leicester
- University of Lincoln
- University of Liverpool
- University of Manchester
- University of Newcastle
- University of Nottingham
- University of Oxford
- University of Portsmouth
- University of Reading
- University of Roehampton
- University of Sheffield
- University of South Wales
- University of Southampton
- University of St. Andrews
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Sunderland
- University of Surrey
- University of the Arts London
- University of Warwick
- University of West of England
- University of Wolverhampton
- University of York
Taylor’s College Students have Enrolled at Top Universities in the USA
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Connecticut College
- Cornell University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Harvard University
- Marywood University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Mount Holyoke College
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- New York University
- Northeastern University
- Pennsylvania State University
- Princeton University
- Purdue University
- Sarah Lawrence College
- Stanford University
- Texas A & M University
- University California Santa Cruz
- University of Arizona
- University of Arkansas
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Chicago
- University of Houston
- University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign
- University of Oregon
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Tulsa
- University of Virginia
- University of Washington
- Yale University
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
Established since 2009, EduSpiral Consultant Services helps provide information and counselling on courses and universities in Malaysia & Singapore. EduSpiral Consultant Services represents the best colleges and universities in Malaysia offering a wide range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- WhatsApp: +601111408838
- Wechat: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral88
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiralsik
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: email@example.com
- Website: www.eduspiral.com