Salary of Computing, Information Technology, Computer Science or Software Engineering in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
The salary that one gets from the career is one of the important factors in choosing our course. We do not want to choose a course and then only find out that it does not pay well after investing so much in the degree. The Computing IT field is a great place to work and according to statistics, the pay is pretty good in Malaysia and the prospects are increasing. Therefore, choosing to study a course in computing, software engineering or information technology in Malaysia is an excellent choice as the future job demand and salary is good.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Computing & Information Technology Salary in Malaysia
ICT constitutes 10.5% of GDP in Malaysia, and the goal is to boost it to 17% by 2020. Datuk Ghazali, chief executive of the government’s Multimedia Development Corporation, points out, salaries in technology industries are 90% higher than the average. This offers a chance to retain Malaysians who might otherwise leave for higher-paid jobs in neighbouring countries.
Pikom’s (Association of the Computer and Multimedia Industry of Malaysia) ICT Job Market Outlook 2012
According to Pikom’s (Association of the Computer and Multimedia Industry of Malaysia) ICT Job Market Outlook report released in 2012, the average salary of ICT professionals in Malaysia rose 10.9% from RM5,626 in 2010 to RM6,240 in 2011.
Given the prospective outlook for the economy and other positive factors within the
Meanwhile, the Pikom ICT Job Market outlook also revealed the following interesting observations:
- The average salary of new entrants to ICT job market after graduation has gone up by 24% to RM2,238, from RM1,800;
- Of the 25 industries surveyed, the results showed that oil and gas positions dominated the list, with an average monthly salary of RM8,020 followed by The telecommunication sector, which netted RM6,848, 15% lower;
- The average monthly remuneration earned by ICT software professionals having less than five years working experience was RM3,600 in comparison to only RM3,025 for ICT hardware professionals and RM3,225 by ICT call center professionals;
- Software development applications professionals experienced on an average a 19.3% rise in monthly salary from RM6,960 in 2010 to RM8,310 in 2011. Similarly, ICT professionals in enterprise resource planning (ERP)/business applications received a 14.5% increment from RM7,550 in 2010 to RM8,650 in 2011;
- Big corporations and multinationals having employment size more than 1,000 on an average paid monthly salary of RM7,052 , which was 36.4% more than companies with fewer than 100 people, where the amount was only RM5,169; and
- Geographically, ICT employees in Klang Valley netted 9% more than their counterparts in Johor; in comparison to Penang region the scale differed only marginally by 1.7%.
Computing & Information Technology Salaries in Malaysia according to Kelly Services on the Employment Outlook and Salary Guide 2012/2013
According to the report done by Kelly Services on the Employment Outlook and Salary Guide 2012/2013, it lists the salaries earned by Malaysians in the IT field.
- Chief Technical Officers/Chief Information Officers with 12-18 yrsexperience earns between RM18,000 – RM30,000 a month
- Project Directors with 12-18 yrs experience earns between RM12,000-RM25,000
- Service Delivery Directors with 12-18 yrs experience earns between RM12,000 -RM25,000
- Sales Directors with 12-18 yrs can earn between RM10,000- RM25,000
- Software Development Managers with a degree and 8-12 yrs can earn between RM9000 – RM15,000
- Lead Software Developer with a degree and 6-8 yrs experience providing guidance and expertise to team of Software Developers in designing programming solutions can earn between RM8500-RM12,000
- Solutions Architect (Senior) or Implementation & Technical Support Manager with 6-8 years experience earns between RM8000-RM12,000
- Unix Specialist with 6-8 yrs earns between RM6500-RM12,000
- Information Security Manager with 6-8 yrs experience gets RM8000-RM12,000
- Project Manager with 3-5 yrs experience can get between RM6500-RM10,000
- Software Sales Manager 4-6 yrs experience earns between RM6000-RM9000
- Business Consultant with 5-7 yrs experience earns between RM6000-RM9000
- Wintel Specialist with 4-8 yrs experience earns between RM5500-RM8500
- Senior Systems Engineer with 5 yrs experience earns between RM5500-RM8000
- IT Manager or SAP Consultants with 4-6 yrs experience earns between RM5500-RM8000
- Service Delivery Manager with 5-8 yrs experience can earn between RM5500- RM8000
- Systems Analyst with 3-5 yrs experience earns between RM5500-RM7000
- Problem & Change Management Specialist or ETL Developers with 3-5 yrs earns between RM5000- RM8000
- IT Marketing Manager with 4-6 yrs earns between RM4600-RM8000
- Security Analyst with 3-5 yrs experience earns between RM4500-RM8000
- Business Development Manager or BI Consultant or Websphere Application Developer with 3-5 yrs earns between RM5000-RM7500
- Solutions Architect (Junior) with 3-5 yrs experience can earn between RM5000-RM7000
- Inside Sales Manager with 4-5 yrs experience earns between RM5000-RM7000
- IT Supply Chain Manager with 3-5 yrs earns between RM4500-RM7500
- Account Manager with 3-5 yrs experience can earn between RM4500-RM5500
- Technical Writer with 3-5 yrs earns between RM4000-RM5500
- Database Administrator with 2-3 yrs experience earns between RM3800-RM5000
- Quality Assurance Specialist or Systems Programmer with 3-5 yrs experience earns between RM3800-RM 7000
- Billing Systems Engineer with 3-5 yrs experience earns between RM3800-RM5000
- Technical Consultant with 2-3 yrs experience earns between RM3500-RM5000
- Pre-sales Engineer with 2-3 yrs experience earns between RM3500-RM5200
- Systems Engineer with 2-3 yrs experience earns between RM3500-RM5000
- Unix / Linux OS Engineer with 2-3 yrs experience earns between RM3500-RM5000
- Java Developer with 1-3 yrs experience earns between RM3500-RM5000
- IT Procurement Specialist or Systems Programmer with 2-4 yrs experience earns between RM3500-RM5000
- Helpdesk Tech Support (foreign language expertise) or IT Trainers with 2-3 yrs experience can earn between RM4000-RM5000
- Programmer or Web Designer or Software Engineer or Analyst Programmer or Network Administrator with 2-3 yrs experience earns between RM3500-RM4500
- Channel Sales Specialist or Inside Sales Specialists or Help Desk Analyst with 2-3 yrs experience earns between RM3000-RM4500
- IT Marketing Communications Executive with 2-4 yrs can earn between RM2800-RM3800
- IT Administrator with a Diploma/Degree and 2-3 yrs experience can earn between RM2800-RM3500
- IT Executive with Diploma/Degree and 2 -3yrs experience can earn between RM3000-RM3500
- Automation Support Engineer with a Degree and 1-3 yrs experience can earn between RM3000-RM4500
- Technician with a Diploma and 1-3 yrs can earn between RM2300-RM4000
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.