Top Job Demand for Engineers in Malaysia
High Job Demand for Qualified Top Engineers in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Demand for qualified engineers in Malaysia is increasing. In order to succeed in the engineering field, students must choose a
university that has the experience and facilities to equip them. In addition, soft skills such as an English speaking environment, leadership skills, communication skills and internship programs will help the graduate stand out and be very successful.
Research has shown that graduates with a good command of English has a 25% higher salary than those who don’t. In addition, choose universities where the engineering degrees are accredited by MQA and the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM).
For more information contact 01111408838
One of the top engineering nations is the world, Germany has an estimated 1 million engineers for a population of 82 million (engineer:population ratio of 1:82). France has an estimated 800,000 for a population of 60 million (engineer:population ratio of 1:75). At present, the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) has a total register of 52,000 graduate and professional engineers.
Table shows engineer-population ratios for Malaysia and several advanced countries.
|Country||Population||Estimated number of Engineers||Engineer to Population ratio|
|United Kingdom||60 million||425,000||1:141|
Therefore it is important for Malaysia to increase her production of engineers at a very significant rate in order to achieve a
comparable index with the developed nations. If we were to use the “advanced nation benchmark” the engineer:population ratio of 1:100 would mean that Malaysia would need around 275,000 and 300,000 engineers in 5 and 10 years respectively (assuming population growth at 2% per year).
If this projection is met, even after accounting for retirements, Malaysia will be able to match engineer:population ratios with those of advanced nations within 10 years
Engineering Fields that are high in demand in Malaysia
In a 2006 Report by the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education, Mechanical engineering is viewed as the field of engineering most highly demanded in the future with a projected increase of 24% from 5 to 10 years (from an estimated number of engineers of 58000 to 72000).
About 8% of the respondents indicated a demand for other engineering fields, such as biomedical, computer engineering,
instrumentation and technology, marine technology, mechatronic, software engineering and process engineering.
Salary for engineers in Malaysia
The average annual salary for an engineer in 2009 is RM90,744.
Study at the Best Universities in Malaysia for Engineering
Choose a university where the engineering courses are accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) as well as MQA. Facilities are important as well. In addition, the number of years where the course has been offered at the university is an evidence of its experience. Engineers will be in demand in Malaysia and there will be jobs in the various types of engineering. Choosing to study engineering is good and students need to be good in the sciences especially Maths and Physics.
Whether studying engineering in Malaysia or the UK, choose a university that is recognised with the necessary years of experience in running the engineering program. If you choose a university that is cheap without providing you the facilities, good lecturers and English speaking environment, it will be difficult for you to find a job.
The Best Engineering Degree Programmes at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- Chemical Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Chemical Engineering with Oil and Gas Technology (MEng)
- Civil Engineering BEng (Hons) / (MEng)
- Construction Project Management BSc (Hons)
- Mechanical Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Petroleum Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Quantity Surveying BSc (Hons)
About Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, One of the Best Universities in Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia’s first premises in Putrajaya opened to students in early 2013. Situated in Putrajaya Holdings’ prestigious headquarters in Menara PjH in the centre of Putrajaya, it is a great facility which provides an excellent environment for academic study.
Herriot-Watt University Malaysia’s new campus will proivde exceptional facilities on a stunning lakeside location in Putrajaya.
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia’s purpose-built campus in the city of Putrajaya is based only 25 kilometres from Kuala Lumpur.
Situated in a stunning lakeside location, the building boasts a variety of informal study spaces, an extensive library and easy access to IT facilities with wifi available throughout.
Students at the Putrajaya campus join a vibrant, diverse community. The multi-cultural character of the campus provides opportunities to meet and mix with a broad range of international students and enjoy a supportive environment to help you make the best of your time as a student.
The university offers a range of activities to help students settle into university life, make friends and feel part of the university community. Heriot-Watt University Malaysia provides opportunities for students to develop important skills and gain valuable experience, in addition to those offered by their academic programmes.
There are common rooms throughout the campus, giving students space to socialise and relax. On the promenade, facing the lake, is the cafeteria with other stores and retail outlets planned.
Heriot-Watt University is a Top Ranked University in the UK and in the World
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 369th in the world, 42nd in UK and 7th in Scotland for the QS World’s Top Universities. This places the university in the top 4%, based on approximation of at least 10,000 universities in the world
- THE’s ‘Table of Tables’ is the combined results of the three main UK university league tables – the Good University Guide (published by The Times and The Sunday Times), The Guardian and The Complete University Guide.In the Table of Tables 2015: Heriot-Watt is placed 25th in the UK – rising from 28th the previous year
- 63rd in the world, 10th in the UK and 2nd in Scotland in The Times Higher Education ‘100 Under 50’ 2013 (University Royal Charter awarded in 1966).
- 22nd in the world, based on the ‘international outlook’ indicator in the World University Rankings in the Times Higher Education – World’s Most International Universities.
- Scottish University of the Year 2012-13 (and 2011-12) and UK University of the Year for Student Experience 2012-13 by the Sunday Times.
- Heriot-Watt has been ranked 47th in world, 3rd in UK, and 1st in Scotland, in the QS world ranking of universities under 50 years of age. Heriot-Watt University also moved up slightly from 369th to 352nd in the overall QS World University ranking and are 40th in the UK (up from 42nd).
Heriot-Watt is in UK’s Top 20 in Guardian League Tables 2016
Heriot-Watt is in the UK’s top 20 universities out of 119 institutions in the Guardian University league tables and is second in Scotland, after St Andrews.
Five subjects in the top five
Heriot-Watt University is 2nd in the UK for Civil Engineering and 3rd for Electronic and Electrical Engineering and Accounting and Finance. Also ranked in the top five are Building and Town and Country Planning and Economics.
Ten subjects in the top twenty
Alongside the top five subjectsHeriot-Watt University has five others in the UK top twenty:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science & Information Systems
- Business, Management and Marketing
- Chemical Engineering
Top in Scotland for five subjects
Heriot-Watt University is ranked 1st in Scotland for five subjects:
- Accounting & Finance
- Building and Town & Country Planning
- Civil Engineering
- Electronic & Electrical Engineering
In addition,Heriot-Watt University is ranked 2nd in Scotland for four subjects:
- Business Management & Marketing
- Chemical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
Heriot-Watt University’s Ranking in the Guardian University Guide 2016
- Ranked 18th in the UK and 2nd in Scotland
- 17th for Chemical Engineering
- 2nd for Civil Engineering
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 10th by the Guardian’s University guide 2016: league table for Mechanical Engineering
- Top 20 in the UK for: Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science & Information Systems, Business, Management and Marketing and Chemical Engineering.
Heriot-Watt University’s Ranking in the Complete University Guide 2016 (UK)
Heriot-Watt was ranked fourth in Scotland in the 2016 Complete University Guide, after St Andrews, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Heriot-Watt University is 37th in the UK and are ranked in the top 25 for a further 6 subjects: Accounting & Finance, Art & Design, Business & Management Studies, Economics, Mathematics and Mechanical Engineering
Heriot-Watt University ranked in the top ten in the UK in five subject areas:
- Building (6th and 1st in Scotland)
- Chemical Engineering (5th)
- Civil Engineering (9th)
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering (9th)
- Town & Country Planning (5th and 1st in Scotland)
Overall Heriot-Watt were ranked in the top 25% of UK universities in 11 subjects including Accounting & Finance, Art and Design, Business and Management Studies, Economics, Mathematics and Mechanical Engineering. Other highlights included recognition for the university’s world-class research rated 30th in the UK for quality and for their spending on facilities which placed them 19th in the UK.
Top Engineering Degree Programmes at Curtin University Sarawak
- Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical Engineering)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil and Construction Engineering)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Computer System Engineering)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical Power Engineering)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electronic and Communication Engineering)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechatronics Engineering)
- Petroleum Engineering
Bachelor of Science
Curtin University Sarawak Rankings & Reputation
- 2014 – Curtin University Sarawak is rated Tier 5 or Excellent in the SETARA 2013 ranking of universities in Malaysia by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)
- 2013 – Curtin Sarawak achieves ISO 9001: 2008 certification, delivered by certifying agency SIRIM QAS Sdn. Bhd. It brings Curtin Sarawak in line with Curtin University’s campuses in Perth and Singapore, which have also achieved ISO 9001:2008 certification.
- 2013 – Higher degree by research (HDR) student Lue Ik Hong becomes Curtin Sarawak’s second recipient of MyBrain15 scholarship for postgraduate study.
- 2013 – Curtin Sarawak achieves a Tier 5 or “Excellent” rating for Engineering in the new Discipline-Based Rating System (D-Setara) introduced by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) to rate the quality of teaching and learning of undergraduates in Malaysian higher learning institutions.
- 2013 – Dr. Ujjal Kumar Ghosh, senior lecturer in the Department of Chemical Engineering, is honoured with a Chemcon Distinguished Speaker (CDS) Award by the Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IIChE). The CDS Award is awarded to individuals who have made significant contributions to the field of chemical engineering either in academia or in industry.
ENGINEERING COURSES AT UCSI UNIVERSITY
UCSI University has been offering engineering programs since 1986 with a strong commitment to quality and affordability. The engineering courses at UCSI are accredited by both Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) and MQA.
- MSc Electrical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Communication & Electronic Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Mechatronic Engineering
- Beng (Hons) Petroleum Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Diploma in Engineering (Materials Science)
Established in 1986, UCSI University is strategically located on a 19-acre piece of land, the Campus is located in Cheras, Kuala Lumpur with convenient access to numerous facilities including banks, restaurants, transportation services, entertainment, and accommodation. Fully wireless, it is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technology to access the world of e-learning and e-resources
ENGINEERING PROGRAMS AT ASIA PACIFIC UNIVERSITY
Another university that is an excellent choice for engineering is Asia Pacific University. APU is ranked Tier 5 or Excellent by SETARA 2013 which indicates their quality and high standards. APU graduates are highly employable where 95% find jobs before graduation.
The engineering degree programmes at APU are also accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia.
- BEng (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- BEng (Hons) in Electronic Engineering with specialism in IT
- BEng (Hons) in Telecommunication Engineering
- BEng (Hons) in Mechatronic Engineering
- BEng (Hons) in Petroleum Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Engineering Degree Programmes at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
In this age, engineers are no longer just expected to tackle complex technical problems – they have to be quick to adapt to rapid changes in the global industry with high ethical and professional standards while demonstrating stellar communication and leadership skills
Engineering programmes at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie are designed to prepare graduates with everything necessary to face the new industrial economy around the globe. With high quality programmes that adhere to the strict standards set by the Board of Engineers (BEM) Malaysia, students can expect a curriculum that is design-centric and trains them to hone their complex problem-solving skills. Students will also experience valuable hands-on experience by participating in real-world projects, and have the opportunity to become a research assistant at an undergraduate level through our undergraduate research scheme.
The Engineering programmes offered at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie are:
- Foundation in Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Diploma in Telecommunication & Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Mechanical
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
on courses and universities in Malaysia, Singapore and Ireland. EduSpiral Consultant Services also represents MDIS Singapore and Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
Please contact us for more details.
- Whatsapp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Foursquare: www.foursquare.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiral1
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.eduspiral.com