Study Social Media Marketing at the Best University in Malaysia at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
As the world becomes more connected through the online platform, less people are using traditional media to obtain information such as TV and newspaper. Think about it, when was the last time you picked up a newspaper to read? Companies are shifting their advertising budget to online platforms as more and more people are using smart devices.
Advertising online can be complicated and challenging. Companies need to make effective use of the social media tools to connect with their customers as well such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Blogger, WordPress, Instagram and many more. Companies are looking for people to effectively create an online buzz for their brands.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
With this new emerging forms of advertising and means of connecting with the clients, there is a gap where no one actually has a degree in Social Media Marketing or Online Marketing.
Students who understand how the public behave online and able to effectively use the social media tools should consider taking the Media Marketing with Specialism in Social Media at Asia Pacific University, the only one of its kind in Malaysia.
If you have a good command of English and Mandarin, creative, love social media, and enjoy sharing with the world, this course is for you. Social Media Managers will be paid very high if they perform well and are able to connect the brand they represent with the consumers.
The BA (Hons) in Media Marketing with Specialism in Social Media programme at Asia Pacific University (APU) is specifically
designed to provide:
- A thorough understanding of the issues relating to effective human computer interaction.
- A clear appreciation of the user interface and the skills to develop interactive multimedia applications.
- An opportunity to undertake a major project where the acquired knowledge and research skills will be used to explore an aspect of Social Media with a business context.
What you will study in Media Marketing with specialism in Social Media at Asia Pacific University in Malaysia
Level 1 is common to both Media awards and is designed to enable you to make an informed choice between these alternatives at Level 2. This Level introduces you to new media, aspects of Management & Marketing and Multimedia. The skills relevant for business and IT in the workplace are also covered. Important and relevant skills for independent learning are introduced.
- Audio Visual Technology
- Business and Communications Skills
- Computing and IT in the Workplace
- Digital Image Production
- Interactive Media and Web Design Technology
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Theories of Media and Culture
- Mass Media to Multimedia
- Understanding the Press
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
The three areas of focus at this level are Media, Marketing Communications and Social Media. You will also develop awareness and skills in dealing effectively with customers. All the modules address one or more aspects of these areas.
Independent learning continues in all modules but is a particular focus and requirement in Research Methods.
- Media Culture and Society
- New Creative Media Industries
- Public Relations
- Research Methods
- Script Writing for Radio & TV
- Advanced Social Media Technologies
- Communications Audit
- Customer Lifestyles and Behaviour
- Interactive Marketing
- Social Media Campaign Management
- Social Media Technologies
The three areas of focus continue with a greater emphasis on strategy and integration. Alongside these are modules which develop specific skills in multimedia and social networking. You also learn about the planning, decision-making, global &
entrepreneurship aspects of marketing and the entertainment industry.
The Media Marketing with Social Media Project develops the academic and practical aspects of your chosen areas of study and reinforces your independent learning skills.
There is a further emphasis of Social Media with the introduction of the Social Media Project module which inculcates students with analytical and problem solving ability in meeting many different situations that require solutions on the use of new emerging media for marketing purpose and brand building.
- Audiences, Consumption and Technology
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Strategic Marketing Planning
- Global Marketing
- Investigations in Social Media Marketing
- Law & Ethics in Social Media
- Marketing Decision Making
- Public Relations 3.0
- Social Media Marketing Project
- Social Media Marketing Strategies
Note: The specialism will appear only in the academic transcript.
Careers in Social Media:
Employment options include Social Media Strategist, Internet Marketer, Feature Blogger, Communication Specialist, Interactive Media Designer; Exhibition and Environmental Designer; Copywriter; Account Planner; Creative Director; Brand Strategist and Strategic Planner.
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
Established since 2009, EduSpiral Consultant Services helps provide information and counselling on courses and universities in Malaysia. EduSpiral Consultant Services also represents MDIS Singapore and Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- Whatsapp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Foursquare: www.foursquare.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiral1
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.eduspiral.com