How to Choose the Best Private University in Malaysia to Study a Top Computer Science Degree Programme
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
We are now living in the Digital Age. Computer scientists theorise, design, develop, and apply the software and hardware for the programmes we use everyday. Therefore, the job demand as well as the salary is high for qualified computer scientists in Malaysia. In order to obtain top salaries in this competitive field, students should choose the best computer science course offered a reputable universities that has proven themselves. Years of experience, awards won and an excellent track record in producing employable graduates are solid reasons to choose the university.
Learn how to become a computer science professional in Malaysia by talking to knowledgeable & experienced counsellors and then choosing the best private university for your degree studies. Research the education and career requirements, training and certification information and experience needed to be successful in your future career in computer science in Malaysia.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Which Private Universities are Best for Computer Science in Malaysia?
A top private university in computer science would ensure that you will receive the necessary knowledge and training to become successful in your future career. Choose the right university by looking at its track record of the employability of its graduates, number of awards won in computer science, years of experience in running the course, and the experience of its lecturers.
In addition, look at the subjects offered in the computer science degree to see if they meet your academic and career goals. Make sure that the curriculum is up-to-date and would prepare you to meet the requirements of the work force.
Below is a list of award-winning top private universities in Malaysia for computer science for students to consider:
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- Asia Pacific University (APU)
- University of Nottingham Malaysia
- Taylor’s University
- KDU University College
- First City University College
- KDU Penang University College
- UCSI University
What is the Education Pathway to a Computer Science Degree?
Students after SPM or O-Levels may go for the Foundation in Computing or Information Technology at top private universities in Malaysia for 1 year before continuing on to the 3-year Computer Science degree.
With 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels including Maths, students may go for the 2-year Diploma in Information Technology, Diploma in Computer Studies or Diploma in Software Engineering and then enter into Year 2 of the Computer Science degree.
Established since 2009, EduSpiral Consultant Services is a top recruitment agent for private universities in Malaysia providing information and counselling on courses and helping students to choose the right university. EduSpiral Consultant Services sets ourselves apart from other agents by providing counseling based on facts and evidence so that our students are able to make the right choices after SPM, O-Levels, UEC, STPM, A-Levels or Pre-University.
How to Choose the Right University to Study Computer Science Degree
Students must choose a top university in Malaysia for computer Science in order to gain the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful in this career.
A good university would have a solid internship programme in place. Employers in Malaysia may prefer to hire those who have relevant experience in addition to a bachelor’s degree. Students can participate in internships during their undergraduate education to enhance their employment prospects. Internships also enable students to gain hands-on experience and learn new skills from professionals in the industry.
Studying Computer Science is not easy, and an experienced lecturer would be able to guide you and explain the concepts clearly. This is important and will ensure that you would do well in your studies.
The curriculum of the university would ensure that all aspects of modern computer science are covered, along with the underlying theory and foundations in economics, law and business. Students will also develop practical skills, such as programming (in various languages, eg ML, Java, C/C++, Prolog) and hardware systems.
Studying Computer Science in Malaysia
Computer Science is the study of computer systems including algorithmic processes and the principles involved in the design of hardware and software.
Computer science has more to do with theory of the computer and its computing abilities rather than hands-on applications. Computer science is basically the ability to solve a problem or getting the computer to do something without the help of a human. This field of data is not directly affected by the humans. Computing can also be done by hand and is used by many fields that are not related to primarily developing computers.
Scientists focus on developing algorithms that can create, alter and change the data depending on what they would like. The commands that the computer follows are done by certain algorithm that tells it what to do. Computer science can also be divided into two specializations: theoretical computer science and applied computer sciences. The theoretical science focuses on the classical theory of computation, along with other more abstract, logical, and mathematical aspects of computing. The applied computer sciences cover topics such as artificial intelligence, computer architecture and engineering, graphic designing, computing science, etc. It deals with mainly applications or additional programs.
Computer scientists are primarily concerned with the design of algorithms, languages, hardware architecture, systems software, applications software and tools. Applications range from simple game playing to the control of space vehicles, power plants and factories, from banking machines to intelligent fault and medical diagnosis. Computer professionals, in short, are concerned with the creation of computer and information systems for the benefit of society.
Computer science spans a wide range, from its theoretical and algorithmic foundations to cutting-edge
developments in robotics, computer vision, intelligent systems, bioinformatics, and other exciting areas.
We can think of the work of computer scientists as falling into three categories.
- They design and implement software. Computer scientists take on challenging programming jobs. They also supervise other programmers, keeping them aware of new approaches.
- They devise new ways to use computers. Progress in the CS areas of networking, database, and
human-computer-interface enabled the development of the World Wide Web. Now CS researchers are working with scientists from other fields to make robots become practical and intelligent aides, to use databases to create new knowledge, and to use computers to help decipher the secrets of our DNA.
- They develop effective ways to solve computing problems. For example, computer scientists develop
the best possible ways to store information in databases, send data over networks, and display complex images. Their theoretical background allows them to determine the best performance possible, and their study of algorithms helps them to develop new approaches that provide better performance.
What are the Courses that you will study in a Computer Science Degree Programme
Computer science requires a strong mathematical and scientific background. Depending on colleges, the courses may vary in teaching subjects. While some universities prefer teaching theoretical aspect of computer science, others focus on advanced programming. Courses include Theoretical computer science, Theory of computation, Information and coding theory, Algorithms and data structures, Programming language theory, Formal methods, Concurrent, parallel and distributed systems, Databases and information retrieval, Artificial intelligence, Computer architecture and engineering, Computer graphics and visualization, Computer security and cryptography, etc.
- Programming Fundamentals
- Computer Architecture
- Fundamentals of Relational Database
- Discrete Mathematics
- System Analysis and Design
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Foundation of Human Computer Interaction
- Computer Networks
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- Program Design & Development
- Principles of Programming Languages
- Operating Systems and Concurrency
- Artificial Intelligence.(AI)
- Database Programming
- Computer Graphics
- Web Application Integration 1 (Web)/Image Processing(AI)
- Software Engineering
- Social and Current issues in Computing
- Parallel Computing
- Advanced Programming Language Concepts
- Real-Time Systems
- Ubiquitous Computing
- Emergent Technology
- Cloud Infrastructure & Services
- Information Storage & Management
- Computer Systems Security
- Multimedia Techniques for Animation, Games & Film Effects
- Investigations in Computer Science
- Engineering Software & Applications
- Data Structures
- Concurrent Programming
- System & Network Administration
- Computer Systems and Low Level Techniques
- Ai Methods
- Programming Concepts in C++
- Mobile & Wireless Technology
- Believable Models for Games & Virtual Reality
Choosing the Best University in Malaysia to Study Computer Science
It is important to choose the best university in Malaysia to study your computer science degree so that you will gain the necessary knowledge and skills for a successful career in the competitive field of ICT. Computer science (CS) spans the range from theory through programming to cutting-edge development of computing solutions. The study of computers, including both hardware and software design. Computer science is composed of many broad disciplines, including artificial intelligence and software engineering.
While it can be difficult to choose between private universities or colleges in Malaysia offering the Computer Science Degree Course, you will find that there are some key differences between them that can help you make the big decision in choosing the right one that fits you. The best private universities and colleges in Malaysia have excellent facilities, years of experience running the Computer Science degree course, strong student support services, internships and experienced lecturers. Students should choose the best university in Malaysia for their Computer Science Degree studies in order to gain the necessary knowledge & skills for a successful career.
Established since 2009, EduSpiral Consultant Services is a top recruitment agent for private universities in Malaysia and private colleges in Singapore providing information and counselling on courses and helping students to choose the right university. EduSpiral Consultant Services sets ourselves apart from other agents by providing counseling based on facts and evidence so that our students are able to make the right choices after SPM, O-Levels, UEC, STPM, A-Levels or Pre-University.
What are the Important Factors in Choosing the Best Private University in Malaysia to Study Computer Science?
After SPM or O-Levels, there are many different pathways for you to choose from and sometimes it can be confusing. Choosing the right university or college for the Computer Science Degree Course after high school is one of the most important decisions you can make in your life. This can be a confusing and difficult time if you are unprepared.
Students who are not sure of what to study after SPM or O-Levels can contact EduSpiral Consultant Services to help guide you to choose the right course and university in Malaysia. At EduSpiral Consultant Services, we have counseled and helped thousands of students to choose the right course and private university to study in Malaysia.
Recognition & Reputation of the Computer Science Courses in Malaysia
- Is the Computer Science course popular at that university or college?
- What is the reputation or ranking of the private university in Malaysia? Global ranking by QS World University Rankings or locally by MQA in the SETARA 2017
- Is the Computer Science course recognised and approved by the Ministry of Education Malaysia?
- Is the Computer Science course accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Audit (MQA)?
- Awards won by the university, staff or students for the particular course of interest. The number of awards won would be a guide on how good the university is for the course.
- Type of programme (local diploma or dual award diploma or diploma awarded by foreign university partner?)
Academic Quality of the Computer Science Degree Course at the University in Malaysia
- Subjects offered in the Computer Science course (Are they relevant, up-to-date, and help you to achieve your career goals)
- Entry requirements for the Computer Science Degree Course at the university or college in Malaysia
- What is the Class size for the Computer Science course?
- Faculty contact/classes taught by full-time qualified & experienced faculty
- Quality of lecturers. What are their qualifications? How many years of experience in teaching?
- Ask your friends who have studied there or currently studying there for their opinion on the teaching quality, environment and facilities.
- Does the university or college have a strong internship or Co-Op programme?
- Do they have enough students to start a class?
- How many students do they have studying that course at that college?
- What is the duration of the course? When are the intake dates?
Facilities at the University for the Computer Science Course in Malaysia
- When choosing a university or college in Malaysia, it is important for students to visit the campus and see the facilities and feel the culture of the students to see if it fits you.
- Location of the university or college. Is it in the city, suburbs or country side? You should also consider the ambience of your surroundings when choosing a university. If you can’t live without nightlife, think city! If you’re into the great outdoors, you might want to go rural. Some students prefer a city life while other students prefer a quieter university environment away from the city. On the other hand, if you’re used to shopping malls and cinemas and choose a university in a rural area, you might get bored.
- Size of the university.
- Transportation. Is the university accessible to you? What are the public transportation available? If you drive, is there ample parking?
- Campus resources (labs, library or resource centre, wifi, computer access, sports facilities, etc.)
Cost for your Computer Science Degree Course Studies in Malaysia
- How much money do I have to pay for the course and cost of living? Ask your parents. Note that you will need to have enough to pay the tuition fees as well as your cost of living. (Costs for university studies in Malaysia would include tuition, hostel, food, transportation, entertainment, etc.)
- What are the Financial assistance available at the university? (Scholarships, PTPN Loan, EPF withdrawal, etc)
- Is the PTPTN loan available for the course at the university?
- How much are the tuition fees? Does it include the exam and other fees?
- How much is on-campus accommodation?
- How much is off-campus accommodation? (Off-campus apartments, houses, condominiums) Note that it might be cheaper to find off campus accommodation on your own with friends. Is the accommodations near eateries, banks, entertainment, public transportation, safe & secure, etc.?
Student Environment and Activities at the University & College
- What is the student culture at the university? (English-speaking environment, ambitious, serious about studies, lifestyle or party university, etc) The language spoken mostly at the college by the students may also matter if you don’t know Mandarin or BM or English. If most of the students speak Mandarin at that university then it will not help you to improve your English. Having a good command of the English language helps you to get good jobs and promotions.
- Size of the university or college in Malaysia. Some students prefer a large campus with sports facilities and other resources while other students like small colleges with family-like environment. A small college may offer individualised attention, as well as a more intimate and personalised experience. for your studies You might even want to think about how far you want to walk to get from one class to another in a large university campus. Even those little details may affect your decision.
- Make up of the student body (diversity, international students, gender, etc.) Universities with a good proportion of international students will help you to improve your English language skills since you would need to communicate with them in English. In addition, you will learn about their culture, behaviour and discover new ideas. These skills will be useful to you when you work overseas or in a multi-national company.
- What are the Extra-curricular activities available? (Student organisations, clubs, sports, etc.)
- Is the university or college campus a safe area? Safety within the campus and outside.
- Public vs. Private (STPM is tougher and choice of course & university is determined by the government)