Best Information Technology Degree Course in Malaysia at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU)
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Having won hundreds of awards in computing and IT in Malaysia and globally, Asia Pacific University (APU) is the best university in Malaysia to study IT or information technology. Moreover, students need to choose the best university or college in Malaysia to study information technology so that they can gain the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in the competitive world of IT. Read on to find out more about the IT course at APU.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Best Private University in Malaysia to Study Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Information Technology at Award-Winning Asia Pacific University (APU)
The School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU) is the oldest and most established school. The school has a strong presence in the industry and is an obvious choice among the school leavers.
The school offers a wide variety of specialised programmes. Asia Pacific University’s programmes are very much industry driven and relevant and our graduates are global citizens and industry ready.
Alumni of the School have progressed into a number of significant careers in leading multinational technology based companies. In line with APU’s vision, the School aims to be a leading provider of high quality computing and technology education and a contributor to research at the national and international level.
This is emphasised by our mission to provide high quality and internationally recognised and benchmarked Technology education and to be recognised for innovative teaching methods and educational activities.
School of Computing & Technology
The School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University aims to:
- Facilitate your academic and vocational progression by developing knowledge, key skills and capacity for independent and lifelong learning
- Develop your skills in imaginative problem-solving and decision-making
- Develop your Personal Development Portfolio to support your career aspirations
- Provide a stimulating, interactive and accessible course of study to give you a sound grasp of information technology
- knowledge, analysis and contemporary issues which you can develop and apply in future employment
- Develop your imagination and innovative abilities to show initiative and creativity in your work
- Develop your intelligence, ingenuity, inventiveness and independence as well as your communication skills
Students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 5 credits including Maths may go for the Foundation in Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU) for 1 year before continuing on the the Information Technology degree for 3 years.
In addition, students after the external Pre-University Programme such as A-Levels, UEC, STPM, SAM, CPU, MUFY or AUSMAT may enter directly into the Information Technology Degree programme with relevant results.
Students after SPM or O-Levels who are sure of studying computing or Information Technology (IT) programmes can go directly for the Diploma in Information & Communications Technology (ICT) at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU). Upon completion of the 2-year Diploma, students will enter into Year 2 of the BSc. (Hons) Information Technology Degree Programme at APU.
Asia Pacific University’s Collaborative Partners:
Course Structure for the BSc (Hons) in Information Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The BSc (Hons) in Information Technology degree programme at Asia Pacific University (APU) is specifically designed to
- Familiarity with a broad range of information technologies and how they are used.
- An understanding of frameworks and planning techniques for the strategic management of information systems in organisations.
- The ability to critically evaluate and apply appropriate strategies and techniques to the development of information technologies.
Year 1 Subjects for the BSc (Hons) in Information Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The IT degree and all of its specialisms have similar modules in Level 1. Modules that provide a foundation for any IT professional include System Analysis & Design, Fundamentals of Software Development, and Introduction to Programming in an appropriate language.
More technical knowledge and skills are developed in Operating Systems & Computer Architecture and Introduction to Networking. Introduction to Management and Computing & IT in the Workplace provide a foundation for multidisciplinary education and understanding personal and organisational development. Important and relevant skills for independent learning are introduced throughout this level.
- Computing & IT in the Workplace
- Fundamentals of Software Development
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Networking
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- System Analysis & Design
- Introduction To C Programming
- Interactive Media & Web Design Technology
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
Year 2 Subjects for the BSc (Hons) in Information Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Further in-depth analysis and design skills are developed at Level 2 through System Development Methods, Web Applications, and Human-Computer Interaction. Specific computing skills are developed through Object Oriented Development with Java, Programming Concepts in C++, and System Programming & Computer Control.
Integrated Business Processes with SAP ERP Systems will give you a thorough understanding of how IT supports modern organisational activity. Along with independent learning, a common theme in all APU ICT awards is fostering creativity and innovation in individuals and teams.
These themes are the specific focus of the Creativity & Innovation and Research Methods for Computing & Technology modules.
- Creativity & Innovation
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- Probability & Statistical Modeling
- Professional & Enterprise Development
- Research Methods For Computing and Technology
- System Development Methods
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Integrated Business Processes with SAP ERP Systems
- Mobile & Wireless Technology
- Programming Concepts in C++
- Web Applications
- System Programming and Computer Control
Internship for the BSc (Hons) in Information Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
After the completion of Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship / Industrial Training. This will prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Information Technology.
Year 3 Subjects for the BSc (Hons) in Information Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The focus of Level 3 is further development of relevant technical skills and the ability to apply these skills with strong critical thinking and analysis.
Advanced Database Systems, Computer Systems Management and Cloud Infrastructure and Services ensure that you have a proper understanding of modern computing environments, while Enterprise Programming for Distributed Applications and Designing and Developing Applications on Cloud develop advanced computing skills.
General personal and professional development is enhanced in Project Management, while Innovation Management & New Product Development continues the theme of generating new ideas and creating new products.
- Innovation Management & New Product Development
- Project Management
- Advanced Database Systems
- Cloud Infrastructure & Services
- Computer Systems Management
- Designing & Developing Applications on Cloud
- Distributed Computer Systems
- Enterprise Programming for Distributed Applications
- Information Technology Project
- Investigations in Information Technology