Find Out About the Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) Mobile Computing at HELP University Malaysia: Subjects, Intakes, Entry Requirements, and Course Details
HELP University offer great facilities, supported by excellent lecturers, and the Mobile Computing degree course is accredited by MQA. Students studying the course has personal attention because of a low lecturer-student ratio. In addition, 80% of their lecturers has over 10 years teaching and industry experience. Furthermore, Scholarships are available to top deserving Malaysian students. HELP University is one of the top private universities in Malaysia to study mobile computing.
The Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) offered by HELP University is a three year course and is designed to equip students with skills and attributes required to be effective and efficient information technology professionals.
The Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) course has a core of Information Technology (IT) subjects complemented with a selection from a wide range of subjects that includes the latest advances in IT skills, concepts and applications (eg object oriented analysis and design, multimedia, networking, data communications and internet publishing). In this degree, students can major in Mobile Computing, Data Engineering, Computer Networking, e-Business or Web Engineering.
The university puts a premium on instilling students with the expertise and skills to take on the new challenge of a career in IT. Graduates may find employment as computing professionals in both the commercial and technical sectors of the computing industry. Employers might be in manufacturing, commerce, small businesses, financial enterprises, public utilities, education or welfare.
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at.
Studying Mobile Computing at HELP University
In the Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) offered by HELP University students can choose the Mobile Computing Track.
In addition, HELP University is one of the selected universities to receive the Premier Digital Technology (PDTU) status awarded by the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) and endorsed by the Malaysian Ministry of Education.
The Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) at HELP University is a 3-year full time undergraduate programme at the Subang 2 campus. The degree course is accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) with intakes in January, May, August and October of each year.
Through this degree programme students may also transfer to top universities in UK, Australia, New Zealand and China.
Education Pathway into the Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) course at HELP University
Students after SPM or IGCSE/O-Levels with at least 5 credits including Maths may go for Foundation in Arts or Foundation in Science at HELP University. After completing Foundation, you can continue on to the 3-year Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons).
Alternatively, students with at least 3 credits including Maths may take the Diploma in Information Technology (IT) for 2 years and then enter into Year 2 of the IT degree for another 2 years.
Why Computing & Digital Technology @ HELP?
- Industry endorsed programmes – Industry Advisory Board (IAB) provides advice to align curriculum with industry’s needs to ensure graduates’ employability.
- Industry endorsed programmes – Robust linkages with the industry to provide internships for undergraduates and graduates.
- Industry endorsed programmes – Expert guest lecturers from the industry.
- Great career prospects – 99.99% employability for graduates. Our graduates have been employed by Accenture, Shell, Astro, Star, Maxis, HP, Intel, Citibank, IBM, etc.
- Low lecturer-student ratio
- Excellent teaching faculty – 80% of lecturers with over 10 years teaching and industry experience.
- Excellent teaching faculty – All lecturers have Masters qualifications.
- Industry strength for final year projects – students are provided opportunities to work on industry strength projects with industry partners.
- Align you to contemporary industry standard
- Up to date curriculum aligned by our Industry Advisory Board (IAB)
- Highly sought after graduates employed by Accenture, Shell, Astro, Star, Maxis, Intel, Citibank, HP, IBM, MIMOS, HSBC etc.
- Opportunity to work on industry strength projects with our industry partners
- Excellent lecturers with more than 10 years of industry and teaching experience
Job assistance and internships are available for our graduates via industry linkages and career exposure. Our students are highly sought after by leading companies. Some of our students have been employed by Accenture, IBM, Citibank, Maxis Communications, IBM, Motorola Malaysia, MIMOS, Sapura Holdings, Broadcast Network Systems (ASTRO), Shell, HP and many others.
INDUSTRY ENDORSEMENT & SUPPORT
An Industry Advisory Board (IAB) was established by the Department of Information Technology (ITD) to ensure that the IT programmes offered are relevant and effective for its undergraduates; and to strengthen the department’s ties with the computing industry. The IAB consists of senior industrialists and professionals with local and global representation eg HT Consulting, IBM, Microsoft, TMS, DiGi and Gamonster.
The IAB advises on course content in the context of industrial trends and employment prospects, and supports ITD’s activities in placing undergraduates in internship programmes and graduates in employment upon graduation. The IAB also provides advice on research activity and opportunities.
Entry Requirements for the Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) at HELP University
- A pass in STPM with a minimum grade of C (CGPA 2.00) in any TWO (2) subjects or any equivalent qualification and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent; OR
- A pass in STAM with a minimum grade of Jayyid in any TWO (2)subjects (including a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent or its equivalent); OR
- A pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent; OR
- Diploma in Computing (Level 4, MQF) or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.50; OR
- Any Diploma in Science and Technology (Level 4, MQF) with a minimum CGPA of 2.75; OR
- Diploma Kemahiran Malaysia (DKM) / Diploma Vokasional Malaysia (DVM) in Computing fields with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 subjected to HEP Senate / Academic Board’s approval; OR
- Diploma Lanjutan Kemahiran Malaysia (DLKM) in Computing fields with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 subjected to HEP Senate / Academic Board’s approval;
Candidates for categories (iv) until (vii) with a CGPA below 2.75 but more than 2.00 may be admitted subject to a thorough internal evaluation process.
Course Listing (Year 1)
7 COMPULSORY COURSES
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Introduction to Database Systems
- Data Communications and Networking
- Introduction to Operating Systems
- Front-End Web Development
- OO Programming Fundamentals
- Discrete Mathematics
ELECTIVE COURSES (CHOOSE 2)
- Introduction to Programming
- Application of Mathematics in IT
- Analytics for Decision Making
Course Listing (Year 2 & 3)
11 Compulsory Courses
- User Experience Design
- Systems Architecture and Design
- Advanced OO Programming
- Software Engineering Principles
- Technopreneurship and Innovation
- IT Project Management
- Computer Ethics and Cybersecurity
- Final Year Project I
- Final Year Project II
- Business Development Project
- Industrial Internship
Students have a wide range of electives subjects that will allow them to select or design their own specialised tracks for their Information Technology degree.
Mobile Computing Track
- Introduction to Mobile Apps
- Cloud Computing
- Digital Payment and Security
- Web Technologies
- Wireless Networking
- Mobile Applications Development