Best College in Malaysia for Foundation in Science at Taylor’s College
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
The 1-year Top Rated Foundation in Science programme at Taylor’s University offers one of the widest ranges of educational pathways. Taylor’s University is one of the best universities in Malaysia for you to study the Foundation in Science programme. Students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 5 credits including the relevant subjects may enter Taylor’s University Foundation in Science for 1 year before continuing on to the degree programmes below:
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons)
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Culinology®
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) (Food Science with Nutrition)
- Bachelor of Biotechnology (Hons)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Hons)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced courselor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
The Best Foundation in Science Programme at Taylor’s College in Malaysia
The 1-year Foundation in Science programme at Taylor’s University is essential for students who wish to pursue the Biosciences, Culinology®, Engineering, Medicine or Pharmacy course in Malaysia.
- Acquire practical skills with our science laboratories that are equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation.
- Experience learning supported by modern technology, such as lecture capture, and various online tools.
Balanced Learning Environment
- Opportunity to acquire and demonstrate discipline specific knowledge, cognitive capabilities and soft skills.
- A balanced assessment method, whereby 50% of the evaluation is allocated to various continuous assessments such as quizzes, class tests, projects and oral presentations while the remaining 50% to the final exam.
From Theory to Application
- Holistic learning approach through the Integrated Science Project (ISP), which implements research skills and scientific concepts and balances learning outcomes with hands-on experimentation.
- Cultivate independent and confident learners through continuous assessments which encompass public speaking, group work and creativity.
Conducive Learning Environment
- Same access to the University’s facilities as undergraduate and postgraduate students, and able to contribute equally to the campus community.
- Exposure to latest developments in science and technology through workshops and talks by local and international academicians and industry leaders.
Reliable Support System
- First Year Experience (FYE) initiatives, such as motivational talks and peer-assisted study sessions, provide students the much-needed support to adjust to university life and excel in academic and extra-curricular activities.
Entry Requirements for the Foundation in Science at Taylor’s College
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM)
Pass with min. 5 credits including Mathematics, English and 2 Science subjects with a pass in Bahasa Melayu and History
- O Level
Pass with min. 5 credits including Mathematics, English and 2 Science subjects
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)
Pass with min. 3Bs including Mathematics, English and 1 Science subject
- Other Qualifications
Students with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Programme Structure for the Foundation in Science at Taylor’s College
- English I
- Cell Biology
- Chemistry I
- Elective I
- English II
- Human Biology
- Chemistry II
- Statistics & Probability
- Elective II
- Elective III
- Physics I
- Creative Thinking Skill
- Business Enterprise
- Principles of Economics
- Quantitative Techniques
- Social Psychology
- Subject to module availability