Get An Outstanding Digital Advertising UK Dual Degree in Malaysia at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU)
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Award-winning Asia Pacific University (APU) is the only private university in Malaysia offering the BA (Hons) in Digital Advertising. After SPM or O-Levels, students may enter the Foundation in Design or Diploma in Design & Media (Digital Advertising and Media & Communication Studies) before continuing on to the degree.
Whether you want to work in a creative team, be a copywriter, account planner or brand manager, you will gain vital hands-on experience that is highly attractive to future employers.
The Bachelor of Arts in Digital Advertising is based on a 360° approach to creative and strategic advertising for the digital ecosystem. The B.A. (Hons) in Digital Advertising programme is designed to broaden the understanding and knowledge of digital advertising technology, concept creation, and creative thinking to enhance the ability to apply this within industry or commerce. In addition to gaining an in- depth knowledge of digital advertising technologies, students develop further competence and ability to apply them as an integral part of the programme.
Integral to this is design research, theoretical understanding and studio projects which are all designed to establish a cohesive strategy of contextual and experiential learning in a creative environment. An equitable set of assessment procedures will be employed to gauge students learning and progression, at benchmarks stages throughout the semester.
You’ll be taught by an experienced programme team, and work with associate tutors who are current creative directors and agency practitioners. Industry placements and agency visits will add to your development. You’ll learn how to create advertising campaigns by studying key areas of creative thinking, strategy and planning as well as idea generation, integrated communications, art direction and copywriting.
In this article, you will find out more about the Digital Advertising degree at APU, the course information, intake dates, entry requirements and facilities. Upon completion of the degree, students will receive a degree from APU and another from De Montfort University, UK.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
What you will Study in the BA (Hons) in Digital Advertising at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU)
The Digital Advertising degree programme at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU) is specifically designed to provide:
- Digital advertising knowledge and production discipline, through advertising principles, account planning and creative applications for production.
Current theory and principles to apply skills in the effective development of advertising campaigns together with its required collaterals and measurement of effectiveness.
Logical and analytical skills to identify major issues affecting the global advertising industry in terms of media planning, content distribution and strategies in the consideration of the outcome of a final major digital advertising project.
APU-DMU Dual Degree Programme – Double Your Advantage
- APU’s partnership with De Montfort University (DMU), UK enables students to be awarded Dual Awards – separate degree certificates from each institution – and enhances not just teaching and learning experiences, but also career prospects.
- Upon graduation, students will receive 2 Degree Certificates & Transcripts: 1 from APU, Malaysia and 1 from DMU, UK.
Both degrees are recognised locally & internationally.
- The APU-DMU Dual Degree Programmes are offered under an approved collaboration in accordance with the QAA UK Quality Code for Higher Education for the Assurance of Academic Quality and Standards in Higher Education as published by the United Kingdom Quality Assurance Agency (QAA).
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 1 OF THE DEGREE:|
|STPM||A Pass in STPM with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.00) in any 2 subjects.|
|A-LEVEL||2 Passes in A-Level.|
|UEC||5 Grade B’s in UEC.|
|MATRICULATION/ FOUNDATION||A Pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with minimum CGPA of 2.00.|
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 2 OF THE DEGREE:|
|RELATED DIPLOMA||A Diploma in Design & Media or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.50. Candidates with CGPA below 2.50 but above 2.00 may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal interview or submitting a relevant portfolio.|
|PORTFOLIO||Note: All applicants will be individually assessed via a portfolio, interview including drawing.|
Note: Equivalent qualification and / or experience which is recognized by the Senate / institution.
What You Will Study in the Digital Advertising Degree at Asia Pacific University (APU)
DEGREE LEVEL 1
Students will learn fundamental skills in relation to Digital Advertising practices. The modules offered will introduce students to areas pertaining to creative skills required in Digital Advertising. To develop students understanding of Digital Advertising practices, modules focusing on Marketing Fundamentals and Project Management will develop essential critical thinking skills.
- Trends and Visual Thinking
- Motion Graphics
- Creative Project
- Project Management
- Digital Illustration
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Principles of Advertising
- Client Brief Concept
- Marketing Fundamentals, Consumer Behavior and Creative Practice
DEGREE LEVEL 2
A broader range of skills will be learnt, in which students will gain a better understanding of traditional areas of Advertising practices, culture and agency management. Students will also delve into content creation practices to further develop skills in creative production for Digital Advertising through copywriting, film and media planning.
- From Script to Screen
- Digital Film Production
- Creativity and Innovation
- Visual Culture
- Advertising: Industry, Culture and Practice
- Professional Practice: Client and Agency Management
- Brand Strategy and Application
- Advertising: Media Planning and Purchasing
- Digital and Experiential Advertising
- Copywriting and Creative Direction
INTERNSHIP (12 weeks)
Students will undertake a short Internship/ Industrial Training for a minimum period of 12 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
DEGREE LEVEL 3
Students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to learn about the strategic and global perspectives of Digital Advertising, with aims to groom them as leaders in the field. More focus will be given to relevant future skill sets in the areas of Digital Advertising Analytics as well as Integrated Marketing Communications to enable students to fully encompass the requirements of the global Digital Advertising industry.
- Research Project Report
- Exhibition Design
- Design Futures
Specialised and Option Modules
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Digital Advertising: Individual Professional Project
- Digital Advertising Analytics
- Digital Advertising: Team Professional Project
MQA Compulsory Subjects*
- Ethnic Relations (M’sian Students)
- Islamic & Asian Civilisation (M’sian Students)
- Malaysian Studies (Int’l Students)
- Malay Communication Language (Int’l Students)
- Workplace Professional Communication Skills
- Employee & Employment Trends
(*All students are required to successfully complete these modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency)
- Digital Advertising Executive
- Digital Content Creator
- Brand Communicator
- Marketing Executive
- Media Planner
- Account Manager
- Social Media Executive
- Visual Designer
- Art Director