Best Electrical & Electronic Engineering Degree Courses Accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) at Top Private Universities
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
In order to have a successful career as an electrical & electronics engineer, students should choose to study at the best private universities in Malaysia that’s accredited by MQA and the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM). This is because a top private university would have excellent resources and a fantastic student environment to groom your mind and skills to lead, create, and innovate in your future career.
You might also be interested to read:
- Job Demand & Salary for Electrical & Electronic (E&E) Engineers in Malaysia
- Top 10 Private Universities Offering the Best Electrical & Electronic Engineering Degree Courses Accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
- An Electrical & Electronic Engineering Degree from a Top University in Malaysia will Boost Your Career!
- Why Study the Electrical & Electronics Engineering Degree Course that’s Accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
- Choose the Best Electrical & Electronic Engineering Degree Course Accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
- Best Electrical & Electronic Engineering Courses at Top Universities in Malaysia
- An Incredible Future in Studying the Electrical & Electronic Engineering Degree in Malaysia
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Look to Excel in your Engineering Career with an Electrical & Electronic Engineering degree from a Top Private University in Malaysia
Choosing to study of Electrical & Electronic engineering is ideal for students who are good in physics and mathematics, and enjoy working with electrical circuits, electrical appliances, or electronic devices. The differences between Electrical and Electronic Engineering are:
- Electrical engineering is concerned with using electricity to transmit energy, and focuses broadly on the generation and supply of power (both on large and small scale) Electronics engineering deals with devices and systems that use small amounts of electrical energy to analyse, transmit and store information. Transmission of these electronic signals forms the basis of communications and the information technology industry, and includes the field of microelectronics and the use of silicon chip technology.
- Electronic engineering is more about using electricity to process information and typically focuses on the use of electrical circuits in electronic devices (such as microwaves, computers, and cellphones). Electrical engineering is concerned with the basic forms of energy that run our world. Whether it’s gas, hydro, turbine, fuel cell, solar, geothermal, or wind energy, electrical engineers deal with distributing these energies from their sources to our homes, factories, offices, hospitals, and schools.
The study of Electrical & Electronic Engineering can involve large amounts of power such as power and control engineering, large devices like power stations and electric vehicles or small amounts of power like computers, communications and information engineering and small devices including iPads and cell phones.
Students after high school should choose to study at top ranked private universities for a first rate engineering education to prepare them for an incredible future.
Study at the Best Private Universities in Malaysia for Electrical & Electronic Engineering that’s Accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia
In order to succeed as an Electrical & Electronic Engineer in Malaysia, students should choose the best private universities in Malaysia to study Electrical & Electronic Engineering so that you can gain the necessary knowledge and skills. Students after SPM or UEC, should visit the universities’ campuses to look at the facilities and talk to the lecturers to gauge their experience.
The Engineering Degrees of these universities are accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) which is a signatory to the Washington Accord. This accreditation ensures that Engineering Graduates will have the following benefits in countries who are signatories of the Washington Accord:
- Opportunities to register as a Graduate Engineer with Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) or the relevant professional bodies in other countries who are signatories under the Washington Accord.
- Pathways to becoming a Professional or Chartered Engineer.
- Assurance that graduates are considered as having met international academic standards for engineering practice.
Other than the academic quality of the universities, students must seriously consider the student environment. Research has shown that employers have rejected 56% of job interviewees because of the lack of skill in the English language.
Graduates with a strong command of the English language have also been found to earn 25% higher salaries and have faster promotions in their jobs. Therefore, in order to succeed, students should choose a private university with an English-speaking student environment to enhance their career competitiveness.
You may save a few thousand by going to a cheaper university with a non-English speaking environment, but remember, you will be getting 25% lower salary and slower promotion for the next 50 years of your work life.
What is Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Do you have a mobile phone or a computer? Wireless communication and the Internet are just a few areas electrical engineering has helped flourish, by developing better phones, more powerful computers, and high-speed modems. As we enter the 21st century, the technology that surrounds us will continue to expand and electrical engineers are leading the way.
Various systems for communication between people both nearby and on the other side of the world have been developed and are constantly being improved and refined. This communication takes place using satellite, telephone, optical fibres and computer systems.
These systems are of vital importance in everyday communication, defence, transport, civil aviation & medical equipment such as the bionic ear, pacemakers and life support systems.
Electrical engineering is concerned with research, design, development, manufacture, installation, operation, maintenance and management of equipment, plant and systems within the electrical, electronic, communication and computer systems areas.
These activities can apply to electricity generation, transmission, distribution, electrical installations in buildings and on industrial sites, electrical equipment manufacture, instrumentation and control systems applications in industry, communications networks, electronic plant and equipment, and also the integration and control of computer systems.
Using math and science, electrical engineers come up with economical solutions for technical problems. They use scientific advancements to meet consumer and societal needs through commercial applications. Many electrical engineers develop new products. In the process they must consider several factors from specifying precise functional requirements, to designing and testing components, to evaluating the final design for safety, reliability, cost and effectiveness.
Beyond design and development some electrical engineers work in maintenance, testing or production. They may determine the cause of malfunctions, test products for quality or supervise production in factories. At the supervisory level, electrical engineers are usually in charge of major components or entire projects. Electrical engineers use computers extensively on the job. They control efficiency, monitor quality, simulate and test system operations and produce and analyze designs. Also adding new principles to the design process is nanotechnology.
Electrical engineers design, develop, test and supervise electrical equipments manufacturing process. They may work with a variety of electrical equipment including electric motors, communications systems, lighting and wiring in buildings, radar and navigation systems, machinery controls and power generation, transmission and control devices used by electric utilities. They may also design electrical systems for automobiles and aircraft.
Electronics and electrical engineers are often confused and the term can be used interchangeably. However, electrical engineers usually focus on the generation and supply of power while electronics engineers traditionally have worked on applying electricity principles to control systems or signal processing. Specialization areas for electrical engineers include electrical equipment manufacturing and power systems engineering.
Electronics engineering is a very diverse field and it is currently undergoing expansion as new applications are found for
- Software engineers design and modify complex software systems and computer hardware. Mechatronics Engineering combines the disciplines of mechanical and electrical engineering. It is associated with the use of digital computers to control machines and processes. It is also used to create diverse products such as substitutes for human sensors and organs and computer controlled machine tools.
- Mechatronics Engineering is a rapidly developing field and as the world becomes steadily more technologically advanced it will be of increasing importance. Electronic engineers work for companies and government departments that design, construct, and test electronic devices (including computers) or that are involved with their installation.