List of Top Private Universities in Malaysia to Study the Mobile Computing Degree
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Mobile computing covers a wide range of devices from phones to wearable technology, such as a watch, fitbit or a pair of glasses. The individual processing power of these devices is increasing, providing opportunities to create new applications within a range of industries. Studying mobile computing gives you a unique opportunity to gain hands-on practical experience working with the latest mobile technologies, so you need to make sure that you’ll be learning the latest tools and skills required by the industry from the university that you are planning to go to. Students after SPM or O-Levels wanting to pursue a Mobile Computing course should choose a top private university in Malaysia so that you will acquire the best possible academic knowledge and skills for a successful career.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top Private Universities in Malaysia Offering the Best Mobile Computing Course
The usage of smart phones that are increasingly becoming a combination of computer, camera, video recorder, GPS, PDA, and other functions. These functions run on computer software and hardware. The software for smart phones are different from that of the PC or MACS, therefore, needs a new generation of Information Technology (IT) professionals trained in modern mobile computing systems and technologies. The degree in Mobile Computing will surely see its demand increase as there will be plenty of jobs available in Malaysia and globally.
Choosing to study at a top private university for mobile computing would ensure that you would obtain the academic outcomes and skills needed to succeed in the future job. A top university would have experienced lecturers guiding you through the complicated processes to acquire the knowledge.
Students after SPM or O-Levels interested in pursuing a degree in Mobile Computing may go for the Foundation in Computing & Technology or Foundation in Information Technology (IT) at a top private university in Malaysia for 1 year before continuing on to the 3-year Mobile Computing degree programme.
With 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels including Maths, students may go for the 2-year Diploma in Information Technology, Diploma in Computer Studies or Diploma in Computer Science and then enter into Year 2 of the Mobile Technology degree.
What is Mobile Computing?
Mobile computing is a generic term that refers to a variety of devices that allow people to access data and information from wherever they are. Sometimes referred to as “human-computer interaction,” mobile computing transports data, voice, and video over a network via a mobile device. Mobile devices can be connected to a local area network (LAN), or they can take advantage of Wi-Fi or wireless technology by connecting via a wireless local area network (WLAN).
Furthermore, Mobile computing is the ability to use technology that is not physically connected to static environments. It involves mobile hardware, mobile software and mobile communication. The hardware includes mobile devices or the devices components while mobile software deals with the mobile applications. Communication issues include ad-hoc and infrastructure networks including communication properties, protocols, data formats and concrete technologies.
This would mean that other than smart phones, mobile technology will include Global Positioning Systems (GPS), tablet PCs, iPads, iPods, Bluetooth, laptops, wireless LAN or wireless WAN technology, wearable computers, Bluetooth enabled devices, or Infrared Data Association (IrDA) interfaces. All these devices need to connect with the wireless
Studying Mobile Computing
Students will learn about the project management of computing projects, mobile security, the deployment of mobile computing systems, and mobile computing systems and infrastructure. It is important for students to understand how mobile computer systems are developed and learn how to design and build them to meet the needs of the real business world.
Students will need to be trained to understand the modern wired and wireless communication technologies and the software tools and techniques required for the development of modern enterprise computing systems including mobile components.
Depending on which university or course you study, you may focus on 3 areas of study which are computer science, mobile app development and wireless networks.
Core Computer Science
- Determine solutions using problem solving principles, logic and systematic methodologies.
- Evaluate the architecture and principles of operation of computer systems and networks.
- Synthesize principles and theories of computer science and software engineering for application to different computing paradigms.
- Design and develop software systems for various application domains.
- Design and develop secure enterprise-grade information systems.
- Manage the development of software systems through a variety of development processes and methodologies.
- Design effective user interfaces using human computer interaction principles.
- Synthesize new knowledge in the field of computer science by using appropriate research methodologies.
Mobile Application Development
- Apply the fundamental design paradigms and technologies to mobile computing applications.
- Develop consumer and enterprise mobile applications using representative mobile devices and platforms using modern development methodologies.
- Design effective mobile interfaces using human computer interaction principles.
- Evaluate the role of mobile applications in software intensive systems.
- Evaluate the usability of representative mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
- Appraise the quality and performance of mobile applications.
- Assess and implement security principles in mobile applications.
- Synthesize new knowledge in the area of mobile computing by using appropriate research methodologies and techniques.
- Assess the capabilities of next-generation networks and the role of wireless technologies in network design and operation.
- Evaluate network protocols, routing algorithms, connectivity methods and characteristics.
- Evaluate wireless network topologies, wireless connectivity and characteristics, and the impact of wireless networks on security and Internet communications.
- Select appropriate wireless technologies in commercial and enterprise applications.
Sample of Subjects that you would study in a Mobile Computing Degree Course in Malaysia
Different universities will offer different subjects and area of focus in their mobile computing degree programme. Just because the title of the course may be “Mobile Computing”, it doesn’t mean that that what you learn at all universities are the same. It is important know what your career and academic goals are and then look at the subjects offered at each of the universities to assess and see which one best fits you.
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Programming Methods
- Mathematics for Computing
- Computer Architecture
- Database Systems
- Internet Programming & Applications
- Discrete Mathematics
- Java GUI Application Development
- Fundamentals of Mobile Computing
- Computer Security
- Mobile Commerce
- Visual Programming
- Operating Systems
- Software Development
- Computer Networks
- Multimedia Design and Development
- Business Intelligence
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Mobile Games Design and Development
- Wireless and Mobile Communications
- Mobile Platform Programming
- Human Computer Interaction
- Distributed Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Large-Scale Computing
- Internet of Things in Mobile Computing
- iOS Programming
- Research Methodology
- Data Warehousing and Data Mining
- Natural Language Processing
- Rich Media Technology
- Discrete Mathematics
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- Java Programming
- Object Oriented Modelling
- Research Methods in Computing
- Database Management Systems
- Computer Org & Architecture
- Cloud Computing Application System
- Mobile Programming
- Mobile Application Development
- Application Layer Programming
- Mobile Device Technology & Applications
Career Opportunities for Mobile Computing Graduates in Malaysia
- Mobile Application Developer- Android or iOS
- Mobile Software Developer
- Software Development Engineer (Mobile)
- Cross Platform Mobile Developer
- Software Engineer- Mobile Developer