Study at the Best University College in Malaysia for UK Dual Award Interior Architecture & Design Course at First City University College
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Students can now obtain a top ranked UK dual award BA (Hons) Interior Architecture and Design degree at First City University College. Upon graduation, students will receive a degree from First City University College and Manchester Metropolitan University, UK. Manchester Metropolitan University, home to Manchester School of Art, has been ranked 15th out of UK universities for art and design courses in the Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017.
Students after SPM or O-Levels with 5 credits may go for the 1-year Foundation in Art & Design and then continue into the 3.5-year UK dual award BA (Hons) Interior Architecture and Design degree at First City University College. Alternatively, with 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels, students may enter into the Diploma in Interior Design for 2.5 years and then enter into Year 2 of the Interior Architecture & Design degree.
First City University College is acknowledged to be one of the best universities for design in Malaysia having been the first to offer the undergraduate degree majoring in Graphic Design, Interior Architecture & Design and Furniture & Product Design.
For more information about First City University College contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top 20 Ranked UK Dual Award BA (Hons) Interior Architecture and Design Degree in Malaysia at First City University CollegeI met EduSpiral a few years ago after completing my Diploma at LKW. I wanted to continue my degree at a better university & EduSpiral showed the number of awards won by First City UC for interior design which convinced me.
Jun Hao at his graduation showcase, Interior Design at First City University College
The 3½ year programme- BA (Hons) Interior Architecture & Design at First City University College is renowned for developing creative and knowledgeable graduates; armed with skills and ability to embark on careers as professional interior architects.
First City University College has everything an art & design student needs to equip him/her with the skill sets required of a professional designer in Malaysia. The college provides ample studio space, up-to-date computer hardware and software, 3D printer, Mac Lab, woodwork workshop, print studios, workshops, photo labs, recording studio, and a range of other equipment to help students in their design projects.
Students can now obtain a top ranked UK dual award BA (Hons) Interior Architecture and Design degree at First City University College. Upon graduation, students will receive a degree from First City University College and Manchester Metropolitan University, UK.
Manchester Metropolitan University, home to Manchester School of Art, has been ranked 15th out of UK universities for art and design courses in the Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017.
This programme is crafted to develop creative and knowledgeable graduates who are armed with skills and ability to embark on careers as professional interior architects.
Graduates will be able to:
- • Understand the role of design and the designer within a professional context.
- • Have a theoretical and critical perspective of design within its cultural, social, political and economic context.
- • Align the design and development of interior spaces with the architectural context and building envelope.
- • Understand structural, technical and material considerations at an appropriate level.
- • Design interior spaces in a rational, sensitive and articulate manner that contributes to the creation of a physical framework for a sustainable environment and society.
PROFESSIONAL BODY RECOGNITION
- • Graduates are eligible to be Non-Corporate Member of the Malaysian Institute of Interior Designers (MIID).
- • After relevant working experience and fulfilling the requirements by MIID, members are eligible to be upgraded to Corporate Member.
- • Thereafter one may apply to the Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM) to be a registered Interior Designer, subject to meeting LAM’s condition.
- • First City UC will pay for the student membership subscription to the MIID. Student have the opportunity to keep abreast with developments in the industry.
- Understand the role of design and the designer within a professional context.
- Have a theoretical and critical perspective of design within its cultural, social, political and economic context.
- Align the design and development of interior spaces with the architectural context and building envelope.
- Understand structural, technical and material considerations at an appropriate level.
- Design interior spaces in a rational, sensitive and articulate manner that contributes to the creation of a physical framework for a sustainable environment and society.
Year 1 Interior Architecture & Design Degree Subjects
- Design Studio 1
- Design Communication 1
- Architectural History and Context 1
- Building Material and Construction 1
- Communication Writing Skills
- Design Studio 2
- Design Communication 2
- Architectural History and Context 2
- Building Material and Construction 2
- Communication Presentation Skills
Year 2 Interior Architecture & Design Degree Subjects
- Design Studio 3
- Building Technology and Services 1
- Architectural History and Context 3
- Computer Aided Design 1
- Elective Subjects (select one)
- Creative Entrepreneurship
- Consumer Behavior
- Design Studio 4
- Building Technology and Services 2
- Architectural History and Context 4
- Computer Aided Design 2
- Professional Practice
Year 3 Interior Architecture & Design Degree Subjects
- Design Studio 5
- Project Management and Documentation
- Research Proposal and Methodology
- Elective Subjects (select one)
- Visual Merchandising
- Sustainable Design
- Design Competition and Special Project
- Design Studio 6
- Design Portfolio
- Interior Design Companies
- Architecture Firms
- Furniture Manufacturer
- Lighting Design Consultant
- Exhibition Design Consultant
- Exhibition Designer
- Set Designers and Retail Designers
Entry Requirements to Join the Design Courses at First City University College
Students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 5 credits in the relevant subjects may enter the Foundation in Design course before continuing on to Year 1 of any of the Design degree programmes.
Alternatively, students may enter the Diploma in Graphic Design and then enter into Year 2 of the Graphic Design degree programme.
Students with the necessary 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels can apply for the PTPN Loan for their Diploma. There is also noPTPN loan for Foundation studies. PTPN Loan is also available for the degree course.
First City University College offers value for money and the Diploma is probably the most affordable and the students have access to excellent facilities. In addition, you will be getting a UK degree at an affordable price.
First City University College is a Top Award-Winning Design University College in Malaysia
- 24th Malaysian International Furniture Fair (MIFF) Furniture Design Competition 2018 – Champion
- Asia Young Designer Award 2017 – Best Green Innovation And Honorary Mention
- Malaysian Institute of Interior Designers (MIID) Reka Awards 2017
- MIJF Jewellery Design Awards 2017 Ring Catergory – Top 5 Finalist
- 16th International CONVR 2016 Best PhD Student Paper Award Dr. Siti Norzaini Bt Zainal Abidin
- ASPaC 2017 Merit Award – Charmaine Wong and Sharon Chai of BA (Hons) Graphic Design
- ASIA PACIFIC INTERIOR DESIGNER AWARD 2016 Silver Winner
- IAI DESIGN AWARD Design Star Award 2015
- National Outstanding Educator Award 2015 (Design Education – College Level) Ms Chua Huwi Huwi
- Nippon Paint Young Designer Awards 2014:
- Gold Winner for Interior Design is Lim Yong An
- Lim Yong An also won the “Best Green Innovation Award”.
- Ernest Loh Yin-Sen won Silver
- Soo Mei Lian won “Best Colour Choice”
- Yii Sii Lin won an Honorary Mention
- Best College for Interior Design also went to KBU International College
- Best Lecturer for Interior Design went to KBU’s Chua Huwi Huwi.
- RSA Genovasi Malaysian Awards 2014
- Social Entrepreneurship Category Winners – Mandy Choong Mun Yee, Lee Man Kit, Kim Eunkyung, Goh Pei Hua and Yong Lee Chee
- Digital Age Category Winner – Daniel Chua Yong Ho
- MIFF 2014 Awards– MIFF 2014 Young Designers Category
- Father’s Day – VIVA Drawing Competition 2014
- Conqueror Happy Design Contest 2013/14
- MIJF Jewellery Design Competition 2014 Award
- Lee Hui Ying, clinched second prize for the MIFF Furniture Design Competition 2014
- Nippon Paint Young Designer 2012 competition, KBU staff and students made a sweep of the awards with:
- Regional Winner – Lim Meng Yeu – Platinum/Malaysia beating Gold winners from Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore & China
- Gold/Malaysia – Lim Meng Yeu
- Silver/Malaysia – Chu Sze Yong
- Honorary Mention/Malaysia – Ee Wil Ken and Lee Xuan Xuan
- Best College/University – KBU International College
- Best Lecturer – Chua Huwi Huwi
- Wil Ken bagging a notable award, 2012 Emerging Designer of the Year – Student category of the Malaysian Institute of Interior Designers’ (MIID) Malaysian Interior Design Awards (MIDA) 2012
- Lim Meng Yeu, 23, a graduate from KBU International College emerged as the Gold winner of the Student category of MIID’s MIDA Awards 2012
- Lee Jian Ru received the Silver Prize winner of the Student category of 2013 MIID’s MIDA Awards and Foh Vui Siang won the Best Green Innovation Award and also received Honorary Mention
- Philips Lightover Challenge 2013 Winners – Julius Lok Juin Chern and Chiang Siew Leng
- Gan Su Yi and Cheok Yi Chi won 2nd and 3rd prize respectively in the 2013 Bristol Student Design Competition organised by the leading and highly regarded furniture manufacturers in providing office furniture and seating- in collaboration with Majlis Rekabentuk Malaysia (MRM)
- Third place in the 2012 Veloster Rev it Up Inter-College Challenge by Hyundai
- Thirteen of KBU’s graduands have bagged the First Class Honours degree awards in the field of Graphic Design, Interior Architecture and Design and Software Engineering, in which the degree programmes are conducted in collaboration with Nottingham Trent University, UK. Chu Sze Yong (Interior Architecture & Design) graduate was presented the Student of the Year Award.
- Lee Jin Yin and Lydia Low, Year 2 Graphic Design students, collaborated with IM Magazine to produce their magazine cover for the July 2012 issue.
- Katherine Goh, Year 2 Graphic Design student, won the Consolation Prize under the New Media Category for the Peri-fy Your Art Competition 2012
- Bernadette Quah Paik Choo was named the winner of the Ideation Award 2011 by Malaysia International Furniture Fair (MIFF)
- Phum Boon Eng from KBU International College beat 91 other participants to win the MIECO Designer’s Choice Awards (MDCA) 2009 Student’s Category. The MDCA 2009, was jointly organized by MIECO Sdn Bhd and MIFF Sdn Bhd in conjunction with the Malaysian International Furniture Fair 2009 (MIFF 2009)