Get the Best Accounting Diploma at UOWM KDU Penang, Part of the Top Ranked University of Wollongong, Australia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Those enrolled the Dual Accounting Diploma program at UOW Malaysia KDU Penang University College will be the first students globally able to experience the fast track route of obtaining the ACCA professional Diploma in Accounting and Business. Subject only to obtaining a pass in ACCA’s external paper in Financial Accounting, graduates of the UOW Malaysia KDU Dual Accounting Diploma program will receive dual certification from both UOW Malaysia KDU and ACCA. Upon completion of the program, graduates will also be granted exemptions from the following recognised professional bodies:
- ACCA – Exempted from 3 ACCA Fundamental papers
The University of Wollongong (UOW) is an global network of campuses, students, graduates and academics. Beyond Australia, UOW delivers transnational global education programs to its campuses in Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia and China, providing opportunities for students to gain a UOW degree outside Australia.
Students wanting to study at a top ranked Australian university can do so at UOWM KDU Penang. Upon completion of the 2-year Diploma in Accounting, students will enter into Year 2 of the Bachelor of Accountancy (Hons). The Accountancy degree at UOWM KDU Penang is a UK Dual Award program with Lincoln University.
Upon completion of the accountancy degree program, graduates will be granted exemptions from the following recognised professional body*
- ACCA – Exempted from all 9 ACCA Fundamental papers
- CPA Australia – Exempted from 6 Foundation level papers
- ICAEW – 7 papers exempted
- MICPA – To complete 5 modules in advanced stage
*Subject to revision without prior notice.
For more information, WhatsApp 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Dual Award Diploma in Accounting at UOW Malaysia KDU Penang University College
The Diploma in Accounting program at UOWM KDU Penang is unique, as it not only covers all the basic essentials of accounting, but graduates will receive an additional professional diploma from the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA). At the end of the course, you will be able to record financial transactions, store, sort, retrieve and summarize financial information. You will also be able to present and report your findings.
Those enrolled the Dual Accounting Diploma program will be the first students globally able to experience the fast track route of obtaining the ACCA professional Diploma in Accounting and Business. Subject only to obtaining a pass in ACCA’s external paper in Financial Accounting, graduates of the UOW Malaysia KDU Dual Accounting Diploma program will receive dual certification from both UOW Malaysia KDU and ACCA.
Upon completion of the program, graduates will also be granted exemptions from the following recognised professional bodies:
ACCA – Exempted from 3 ACCA Fundamental papers
WHAT IS THE PROGRAM ABOUT?
The Dual Accounting Diploma Program is the first diploma program of its kind in the world and is a blend of ACCA UK’s Diploma in Accounting and Business and UOW Malaysia KDU’s accounting diploma programs. Graduates of this program will be globally recognised, as ACCA is one of the leading global accounting professional bodies, whereas UOW Malaysia KDU, is part of the top 1% ranked University of Wollongong Australia Global Network.
- Students electing to do this program will obtain dual diploma certifications, receiving a diploma award from each of UOW Malaysia KDU and ACCA UK without any need to extend their duration of study.
- Students need to complete UOW Malaysia KDU’s Diploma in Accountancy (Utropolis Glenmarie Campus) or Diploma in Accounting (George Town Penang Campus) and in addition pass ACCA’s external paper in Financial Accounting in order to obtain the dual certifications. All students are compulsory to sit for the paper, where the examination fee for the first attempt is included in the program fee.
- Should students failed the ACCA’s Financial Accounting paper, it is advisable for them to retake the ACCA’s external paper in Financial Accounting at an additional cost, payable to ACCA directly. Failure of the ACCA’s external paper in Financial Accounting, the students will only be eligible to graduate with a single diploma award from UOW Malaysia KDU.
- To further expedite graduate career prospects, upon completion of their UOW Malaysia KDU accounting diploma students are able to claim exemptions for the ACCA [Business & Technology] and [Management Accounting] external papers. With these exemptions they can hasten completion of a Chartered Certified Accountant qualification (ACCA).
WHO IS IT SUITABLE FOR?
Students who would like to build an Accounting career.
Students with SPM, O-Level, UEC 2, and other equivalent qualifications.
HOW IS THE PROGRAM BEING DELIVERED?
Blended teaching with a combination of e-Learning materials, online lectures, physical tutorials, and industry visits.
WHY IS THERE A NEED FOR THIS PROGRAM?
- To help spread early awareness to students on the value of external professional qualifications.
- Better prepare the students to pursue a professional qualification papers in future.
HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT?
- Upon completion of this program students may progress to bachelor level study in accounting at UOW Malaysia KDU and enrol in the ACCA Accelerator Program. This is another partnership UOW Malaysia KDU has with ACCA which enables students to expedite completion of a Chartered Certified Accounting (ACCA) qualification while simultaneously completing their degree studies.
- At UOW Malaysia KDU you have the choice of 3 bachelor programs in the accounting field: Bachelor of Accounting (Hons) and Bachelor in Accounting and Finance (Hons) programs at our Utropolis Glenmarie campus and the Bachelor of Accountancy (Hons) program at our Penang campus.
Intake Dates for the Diploma in Accounting at UOWM KDU Penang
Intakes for the Diploma in Accounting course at UOWM KDU Penang are in January, March, May, July, September & October of each year. Please WhatsApp 01111408838 for the exact dates.
Tuition Fees for the Diploma in Accounting at UOWM KDU Penang
Total tuition fees for the Diploma in Accounting at UOWM KDU Penang for 2 years is estimated at RM33,620. Please WhatsApp 01111408838 to request for the latest fees schedule.
- SPM / O Levels / UEC : 3 Credits including Maths
- Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia : Pass Level 3 in a related field and Pass in SPM with a minimum of 1 Credit in any subject with Credit in Mathematics
Subjects for the Diploma in Accounting at UOW Malaysia KDU Penang
- Writing and Referencing
- Business Mathematics
- Business Statistics
- Oral Communication
- Financial Accounting 1
- Financial Accounting 2
- Introduction to Accounting
- Introduction to Personal Financing
- Management Accounting 1
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Taxation 1
- Information Systems
- Business Law
- Business Ethics
- Company Law
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Financial Accounting 3
- Financial Management
- Introduction to Audit
- Management Accounting 2
- Performance Management
- Taxation 2
- Pengajian Malaysia 2 / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1
- Personal Development Skills
- Society and Development in Malaysia
- Teamwork and Community
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A*
BUSINESS STUDIES FOR LEADERS OF THE FUTURE
- Grooming Business Leaders for the Future
- Choose UOW Malaysia KDU to Develop Entrepreneurial Skills
- Students Today, Entrepreneurs Tomorrow
- Real World Education With Industry
GROOMING BUSINESS LEADERS FOR THE FUTURE
When students graduate from UOW Malaysia KDU with a business degree, they are ready to compete and succeed anywhere in the world. At UOW Malaysia KDU, we ensure that our students are armed with the knowledge, insights and skills, and empowered with experience, so that they stand out in our ever-evolving globalised economy and help create an economically prosperous tomorrow. The academic experience at UOW Malaysia KDU is designed for students who not only desire to study business, but also to build the characteristics and confidence necessary for a real world experience. Our focus on communication skills, emotional intelligence, identifying strengths and pursuing passions prepare them to become driven and intuitive leaders.
CHOOSE UOW MALAYSIA KDU FOR YOUR BUSINESS STUDIES
UOW Malaysia KDU University College’s School of Business drive a strong focus on offering real world and experiential learning for, as well as developing entrepreneurial skills in students. Students are given opportunities to understand business organisations, systems and processes from a simulated model, learn from captains of industry, and work with industrial partners on real-world projects – giving them a head start in honing their business sense and sharpening their skills. Our focus on communication skills, emotional intelligence, identifying strengths and pursuing passion prepare them to become driven and intuitive leader.
- Obtained desired job, run own business, further study
- Over 100 companies for student internships
- Diverse student population from over 18 countries
- A purpose-built Entrepreneurialism Center
- Industry-Aligned Curriculum with input from Industry Advisory Panels
- 45% of faculty members are with industry experience
- Programs accredited by Professional Bodies
- Faculty members are active in Industry Research, Corporate Training, and Consultancy
STUDENTS TODAY, ENTREPRENEURS TOMORROW
At UOW Malaysia KDU, students are encouraged to cultivate an entrepreneurial mind – to be bold, innovative and adaptable. All students that are taking business studies are required to undergo the Entrepreneurship module, anchored by the university college’s School of Business.
In the pursuit of nurturing budding entrepreneurs, the School of Business set up its own Enterprise Centre and partnered with Malaysia Practice Enterprise Centre (MyPEC) for its business simulator program. Under the Entrepreneurship module, students work in teams to run a business and solve its problems and issues in a virtual environment.
The simulated set-up allows students to use various web-based applications including the SKOLA trading platform, human resources, administration and marketing platforms; providing students with the opportunity to experience different scenarios that occur in a real-world business environment. This teaches students the various methods of facing different situations, taking calculated risks and learning from failures.
Besides the simulated environment, students also go through the process of conceptualising, developing and fine-tuning business ideas, which will be pitched to angel investors. The module is taught by lecturers who have had vast industry experience and who are members of the Malaysian Business Angels Network (MBAN).
REAL WORLD EDUCATION WITH INDUSTRY
Students at UOW Malaysia KDU’s School of Business are driven to be industry-ready. Essential to their academic learning and experience are our collaborations with industry partners, all designed to ensure our students get an edge above others even before they graduate.
● Industry Cooperative Education Program
Industry partnership through adoption of specific module at UOW Malaysia KDU School of Business provides our students an opportunity to network with their potentially future employers and apply classroom learning in real-world situations. In most cases, students will go through a series of training modules – from sessions on financial literacy to retail and customer service insights, people management, and other relevant operational areas. The holistic learning eco-system enables students to create and execute their own business plan, which forms part of the practical student assessment throughout their education journey.
● UOW Malaysia KDU Job Shadowing Program
At UOW Malaysia KDU, we value the need for students to experience the real world instead of just the classroom education. Therefore from as early as Year 1 of their Bachelor’s Degree studies or Year 2 of their Diploma studies, students will have an opportunity to experience the daily operations of a company as well as observe first hand of the challenges that are faced in the respective professions. Through UOW Malaysia KDU Job Shadowing program, students will be able to gain insights about the industry as opposed to just reading general job descriptions.
● Revolutionary Business Simulation
As the world of business transforms rapidly with the adoption of digital economy, the paradigm shift has resulted in greater demand for organisation with soft skills and entrepreneurial mindset. Students’ adaptability of this new era would enhance their innovativeness and productivity, hence contributing in the society development.
At UOW Malaysia KDU School of Business, students are put into business simulated environment at our very own Entrepreneurialism Centre, guided by certified EuroPEN-PEN International trainers and are led by experienced Malaysia Business Angel Network (MBAN) investor. The simulated set-up allows students to use various web-based applications including the Simplified Business System (SBS) trading platform, human resources, administration and marketing platforms, teaches them various methods in facing the VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity) world, taking calculated risks and learning from failures.
● Industry Expert Speakers Series
The Industry Expert Speaker Series is comprised of various guest lectures, workshops, talks and forums, where experts across various industries and organisations share their thoughts, knowledge and experiences with our students. Past speakers include Dato’ Teo Chiang Quan (Chairman of UOW Malaysia KDU Board), Dr. Robert Bong (Chief Advisor of Malaysia Blue Ocean Strategy Institute), Dato’ Dan E Khoo (Vice President – Strategy, Multimedia Development Corporation), Mohd Ibrahimnuddin Mohd Yunus (Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Petronas Dagangan Berhad), Melissa Ng (Head of Service Marketing, Nissan Malaysia and IndoChina), Surentran Somasundram (Chief Executive Oficer, Snack Boss Sendirian Berhad), and Marwan Ma’som (Founder, SwiftCow Malaysia), just to name a few.