Study the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering Course at a Top Private University after SPM or IGCSE/O-Levels
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Students after SPM or IGCSE/O-Levels interested in Engineering can consider to study the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering at the best private college or university in Malaysia. Electrical and Electronic Engineering is about creating the various technologies required for our future needs such communication, entertainment, energy and healthcare. Electrical and Electronic Engineers are involved in advances in medical technology, e-commerce, mobile telephones, wireless communications, renewable energy and the internet.
Students after secondary schoolwho know that they want to go for Electrical & Electronic Engineering can go straight for the Diploma and then enter Year 2 of the Degree course. With 3 credits in SPM or IGCSE/O-Levels including Maths & Science and a Pass in BM & Sejarah, you can go for the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering at a top private college or university in Malaysia. Some universities may require a credit in Physics or Chemistry. TARUC will require 5 credits. The electrical & electronic degree programmes should be accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM).
You might also be interested to read:
- Top 10 Private Universities in Malaysia for Engineering
- Top 10 Private Universities in Malaysia for Engineering Degree, Foundation & Diploma
- Malaysia’s Best Universities for Foundation in Engineering Programmes
- Top 8 Engineering Courses to Study in Malaysia
- Best Universities in Malaysia to Study Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Top 10 Reasons to Study the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering at Top Private Universities in Malaysia
- What Will You Study in the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering at Private Universities in Malaysia?
- Top 10 Private Universities Offering the Best Electrical & Electronic Engineering Degree Courses Accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
- Why Study the Electrical & Electronics Engineering Degree Course that’s Accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
- Choose the Best Electrical & Electronic Engineering Degree Course Accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
For more information on the top private universities and colleges in Malaysia, WhatsApp 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top Private Colleges & Universities in Malaysia for Electrical & Electronic Engineering Diploma
A diploma in electrical and electronic engineering is a direct pathway into the engineering programmes after SPM or O-Levels. Students will get to study subjects that are focused on engineering which they enjoy. In addition, the PTPTN Loan is available for the diploma studies.
Students should choose top private universities in Malaysia for their electrical & electronic engineering diploma education so that you can gain the best knowledge and skills for a successful career.
Leading private universities and colleges in Malaysia offering the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering are
What are the Entry Requirements into the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering?
- 3 Credits in at least 3 subjects at SPM level including Mathematics and any Science Subject (Science, Physics, or Chemistry) with a minimum of a pass in Bahasa Malaysia, Sejarah (History) and English;
- 3 Credits (Grade C & above) in at least 3 subjects at IGCSE/ O-Levels including Mathematics and any Science Subjects (Science, Physics, or Chemistry) with a minimum Pass in English at SPM/ O-Level/ IGCSE;
- 3 Credit (Grade B & above) in at least 3 subjects in UEC including Mathematics and any Science subject (Science, Physics, or Chemistry) with a Pass in English;
- Pass Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) or its equivalent with a pass in Mathematics, English and ONE (1) relevant science/technical/vocational subject at the SPM level;
- Recognised Certificate in Engineering/Engineering Technology or its equivalent;
- Recognised related Vocational and Technical/ Skills Certificate or its equivalent with ONE (1) year of relevant work experience or a minimum of ONE (1) semester of a bridging programme;
Top 10 Tips on How to Choose the Best University to Study Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering in Malaysia
So, now that you know the top reasons why you should study the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering. Here’s a list of Top 10 Tips on choosing a top private university or college in Malaysia to study the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering course.
1. Recognition & Reputation of the Engineering Courses in Malaysia
- Is the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering course popular at that university or college?
- What is the reputation or ranking of the private university in Malaysia? Global ranking by QS World University Rankings or locally by MQA in the SETARA
- Is the Engineering course recognised and approved by the Ministry of Education Malaysia?
- Is the Engineering course accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)?
- Is the Engineering degree accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)?
- Awards won by the university, staff or students for the particular course of interest. The number of awards won would be a guide on how good the university is for the course.
2. Academic Quality of the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering Course at the University in Malaysia
- Subjects offered in the Engineering course (Are they relevant, up-to-date, and help you to achieve your career goals)
- Entry requirements for the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering Course at the university or college in Malaysia
- Faculty contact/classes taught by full-time qualified & experienced faculty
- Quality of lecturers. What are their qualifications? How many years of experience in teaching?
- Ask your friends who have studied there or currently studying there for their opinion on the teaching quality, environment and facilities.
- Do they have enough students to start a class?
- How many students do they have studying that course at the university?
- What is the duration of the course? When are the intake dates?
3. General Facilities at the University
- When choosing a university or college in Malaysia, it is important for students to visit the campus and see the facilities and feel the culture of the students to see if it fits you.
- Size of the university.
- Campus resources (labs, library or resource centre, wifi, computer access, sports facilities, etc.)
4. Facilities for Engineering at the University or College in Malaysia
It is important for the college or university to have the necessary Engineering facilities so that you can gain the necessary skills in your undergraduate education in Malaysia. The university doesn’t necessarily need to have all the facilities needed but should have the basic ones. Special Engineering labs will depend on the area of specialisation. You will need to look at the subjects offered to see which one fits your career goals and area of specialisation that you want to pursue.
5. Cost for your Engineering Course Studies in Malaysia
- How much money do I have to pay for the course and cost of living? Ask your parents. Note that you will need to have enough to pay the tuition fees as well as your cost of living. (Costs for university studies in Malaysia would include tuition, hostel, food, transportation, entertainment, etc.)
- What are the Financial assistance available at the university? (Scholarships, PTPTN Loan, EPF withdrawal, etc)
- Is the PTPTN loan available for the course at the university?
- How much are the tuition fees? Does it include the exam and other fees?
- How much is on-campus accommodation?
- How much is off-campus accommodation? (Off-campus apartments, houses, condominiums) Note that it might be cheaper to find off campus accommodation on your own with friends. Is the accommodations near eateries, banks, entertainment, public transportation, safe & secure, etc.?
6. Student Environment at the University & College
- What is the student culture at the university? (English-speaking environment, ambitious, serious about studies, lifestyle or party university, etc) The language spoken mostly at the college by the students may also matter if you don’t know Mandarin or BM or English. If most of the students speak Mandarin at that university then it will not help you to improve your English. Having a good command of the English language helps you to get good jobs and promotions.
- Size of the university or college in Malaysia. Some students prefer a large campus with sports facilities and other resources while other students like small colleges with family-like environment. A small college may offer individualised attention, as well as a more intimate and personalised experience. for your studies You might even want to think about how far you want to walk to get from one class to another in a large university campus. Even those little details may affect your decision.
- Make up of the student body (diversity, international students, gender, etc.) Universities with a good proportion of international students will help you to improve your English language skills since you would need to communicate with them in English. In addition, you will learn about their culture, behaviour and discover new ideas. These skills will be useful to you when you work overseas or in a multi-national company.
7. Internships for the Engineering Course in Malaysia
- Does the university or college have a strong internship or Co-Op programme?
- What are the companies partnered with the university?
- How long is the internship programme? How is it carried out?
8. Safety of the Surrounding Area of the University or College
- Is the university or college campus a safe area? Safety within the campus and outside.
- Have there been many snatch thefts or robberies around the university or college?
9. Students Activities Available at the University
- What are the Extra-curricular activities available? (Student organisations, clubs, sports, etc.)
- What are the Student Support Services available?
10. Location of the University and Transportation
- Location of the university or college. Is it in the city, suburbs or country side? You should also consider the ambience of your surroundings when choosing a university. If you can’t live without nightlife, think city! If you’re into the great outdoors, you might want to go rural. Some students prefer a city life while other students prefer a quieter university environment away from the city. On the other hand, if you’re used to shopping malls and cinemas and choose a university in a rural area, you might get bored.
- Transportation. Is the university accessible to you? What are the public transportation available?
- Does the university provide a free bus shuttle to link to other transportation hubs?
- Is the university near bus stops or LRT station or MRT station?
- If you drive, is there enough parking spots? How much is the parking rate for daily or monthly?
Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering in Malaysia at Award-Winning Faculty of Engineering & Technology at Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka
Multimedia University (MMU) is the first private university in Malaysia and is ranked top in the world having won many awards and accolades. In the 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject again listed Multimedia University (MMU) as the No. 1 private university in Malaysia for “Electrical & Electronics Engineering”. Since 2015, MMU has been placed in the top 151-200 universities worldwide by QS World University Rankings by subject Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
Students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 3 credits wanting to study at a top ranked university in Malaysia and globally can go for the Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering programme at the Faculty of Engineering & Technology at Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka. Upon completion of the Diploma, students can choose to enter into Year 2 of the degree programmes in Mechanical Engineering or Electronics Engineering majoring in Robotics & Automation or Telecommunications. Students who have 5 credits in SPM or O-Levels may go for the Foundation in Engineering.
The affordable 2.5-year Diploma in Electrical & Electronics programme at Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka provides students with a good understanding of electronics-related fields. This course will suit for those who are interested in mainstream electronic design and support. The programme is also designed to provide students with opportunities to undergo practical training in the industry and to obtain hands on experience through final year projects.
Upon completion of the Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering course at Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka, students may choose to continue on to Year 2 of any of the BEM accredited degree courses at Faculty of Engineering & Technology at MMU Melaka or transfer to the Faculty of Engineering at MMU Cyberjaya.
- BEng (Hons) Electrical (Cyberjaya)
- BEng (Hons) Electronics (Cyberjaya)
- BEng (Hons) Electronics majoring in Computer (Cyberjaya)
- BEng (Hons) Electronics majoring in Optical Engineering (Cyberjaya)
- BEng (Hons) Electronics majoring in Telecommunications (Cyberjaya)
- BEng (Hons) Electronics majoring in Nanotechnology (Cyberjaya)
- BEng (Hons) Electronics majoring in Robotics and Automation (Melaka)
- BEng (Hons) Electronics majoring in Telecommunications (Melaka)
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical (Melaka)
Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering at APIIT or Asia Pacific University (APU)
The Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering programme at Asia Pacific University prepares you for careers in the Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunication, and Manufacturing environments. This programme offers a broad-based study in the areas of electrical and electronic engineering.
A range of modules in the electrical and electronic engineering spectrum is provided.
Other skills necessary for the workplace are also provided. These include communication skills and life-long learning skills.
You will be equipped with the knowledge and expertise to face the challenges of business development in a wide range of electrical and electronic industries.
The Electrical & Electronic Engineering diploma programme at APIIT provides a significant amount of hands-on experience. The curriculum requires 6 semesters of laboratory experience in electrical and electronics. Hands on experience provide necessary experience in designing engineering solutions, dealing with implementation issues, and using engineering tools. In addition, you will be exposed with seminars & competitions to be part of the engineering world.
Upon successful completion of the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering programme, you will be eligible to progress into any of the following engineering degree programmes offered at Asia Pacific University (APU):
- B.Eng (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- B.Eng (Hons) in Computer Engineering
- B.Eng (Hons) in Telecommunication Engineering
- B.Eng (Hons) in Mechatronic Engineering
APU-DMU DUAL DEGREE PROGRAMME
Students who are under Bachelor’s Degree Programme will have the option to opt-in for the APU-DMU Dual Degree Scheme. Under this Scheme, students will receive 2 Degree Certificates & Transcripts upon graduation: 1 from Asia Pacific University (APU), Malaysia and 1 from De Montfort University (DMU), UK.
- APU’s partnership with De Montfort University (DMU), UK enables students to be awarded Dual Awards – separate degree certificates from each institution – and enhances not just teaching and learning experiences, but also career prospects.
- Upon graduation, students will receive 2 Degree Certificates & Transcripts: 1 from APU, Malaysia and 1 from DMU, UK.
Both degrees are recognised locally & internationally.
- The APU-DMU Dual Degree Programmes are offered under an approved collaboration in accordance with the QAA UK Quality Code for Higher Education for the Assurance of Academic Quality and Standards in Higher Education as published by the United Kingdom Quality Assurance Agency (QAA).
Outstanding Private University in Malaysia for Electronic Engineering Diploma at First City University College
This practical-oriented Diploma in Electronic Engineering programme at First City University College (First City UC) is designed to train students in the principles and practices of electronic engineering. The duration for the diploma is 2 1/3 years (7 semesters) with internship. Intakes are in January, March and May of each year for the Diploma in Electronic Engineering at First City University College.
The Faculty of Engineering and Computing at First City University College provides students with the latest in learning experience through the use of state-of-the-art facilities. Students are inspired and motivated through a hands-on approach in the teaching of engineering and computing.
Why Study Engineering / Computing Programmes at First City UC?
- Students are taught problem-solving skills
- Attend talks by industry experts
- Use of advanced software tools such as Mainframe Computing Technology and Mentor Graphics of Electronic Design Automation (EDA)
- 19 State-of-the-art engineering and computing laboratories