First Rate Engineering Degree Programmes at Top Private Universities in Malaysia that’s Accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Choosing to study at a top private university in Malaysia for engineering will equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills for a bright future in your career. Reason being is that top universities have achieved a high standard of quality with a proven track record, possess qualified and experienced lecturers, years of experience in developing up-to-date curriculum, and being able to produce highly employable graduates.
Students should choose the best university in Malaysia to study engineering so that they can gain the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful in their career.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
List of the Best Engineering Programmes offered by Top Ranked Private Universities in Malaysia
Choosing a top university to study engineering in Malaysia can be confusing with so many universities and courses available. Students need to narrow down their choices based on selected criteria such as quality, recognition, lecturers’ experience, facilities, tuition fees, and other factors.
Engineering degrees that are accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) are recognised by overseas countries for work. In addition, with the BEM accreditation, the courses and the university has attained a level of quality required to offer the course. Therefore, it is important to check on the accreditation of the courses.
Below are some of the top universities in Malaysia offering various types of engineering courses for you to consider:
Premier UK Engineering Programmes at Top Ranked Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Malaysian students can obtain a top ranked UK degree at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia.
Heriot-Watt University’s is ranked by the Times Higher Education World University Ranking – 22nd in the world for ‘International outlook’ while the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2015 ranks them 41st in the UK and sixth in Scotland. Heriot-Watt University also moved up slightly from 369th to 352nd in the overall QS World University ranking and are 40th in the UK (up from 42nd).
Heriot-Watt University’s Ranking in the Guardian University Guide 2016 is 18th in the UK and 2nd in Scotland. It ranks Heriot-Watt University 3rd for Electronic and Electrical Engineering, 17th for Chemical Engineering, 2nd for Civil Engineering and 10th for Mechanical Engineering.
Heriot-Watt was ranked fourth in Scotland in the 2016 Complete University Guide and 37th in the UK. It ranks Heriot-Watt University 5th for Chemical Engineering, 9th for both Civil Engineering and Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
- BEng (Hons)/MEng Mechanical Engineering
- BEng (Hons)/MEng Chemical Engineering
- BEng (Hons)/MEng Petroleum Engineering
- BEng (Hons)/MEng Civil Engineering*
- BEng (Hons)/MEng Electrical & Electronic Engineering*
Students after SPM or O-Levels can enter the Foundation in Science at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia for 1 year before continuing to any of the engineering programmes above. Click here for the entry requirements for the engineering programmes at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
World Top Ranked Engineering Programmes at Multimedia University (MMU)
Multimedia University (MMU) is the first private university in Malaysia and is ranked top in the world having won many awards and accolades. Established in 1996, MMU marked Malaysia’s foray into a new economy. With more than 15,000 students, the university has campuses in Cyberjaya, Melaka and Johor.
In 2009, MMU was ranked at 171 by THES-QS in the Asian University Rankings, the first private university in Malaysia to achieve such a feat. The 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject again listed MMU as the No. 1 private university in Malaysia for “Electrical & Electronics Engineering”.
Since 2015, MMU has been placed in the top 151-200 universities worldwide by QS World University Rankings by subject Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
In 2017 – Multimedia University (MMU) Faculty of Engineering earns four (4) accolades from the global professional association, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).These are among the hundreds of awards & achievements of the engineering students and staff at Multimedia University (MMU) showing that MMU is the best private university in Malaysia for engineering.
The Faculty of Engineering teaching staff at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya have at least a Master for lecturers, at least 2nd Class Upper Bachelor degree for tutors in MMU. About 80% Multimedia University (MMU) engineering tutors has 1st class and 35% lecturers with PhD.
Hence, MMU’s engineering graduates can readily seek employment or be admitted into top international universities for postgraduate studies. More than 40% of MMU’s engineering graduates secure jobs before completion of studies while more than 96% of them secure jobs within 6 months after graduation.The engineering programmes in MMU are accredited by the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA) and the Engineering Accreditation Council (EAC) as well as recognised by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM).
Multimedia University (MMU) has some of the best teaching labs among private universities in Malaysia. Students have the opportunity to experience for themselves the various principles of engineering in action through the numerous hands-on experiments. There are also various activities conducted in collaboration with the industry that expose students to real world challenges that require innovative engineering solutions.
Multimedia University (MMU) has a vibrant Student engineering society and professional engineering student chapters such as The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and Institution of Engineers, Malaysia (IEM) as well as ‘Multimedia University Engineering Society Overseas Research Programme'(MESCORP) for students to grow in leadership and soft-skills, as MMU recognises the growing importance of these human aspects of what engineers do.MMU’s strong partnerships with global industry players that include Fortune 500 companies have led to the establishment of state-of-the-art research and teaching facilities such as Intel Advanced Architecture Lab, Panasonic Computing Lab, Huawei Digital Lifestyle and Innovation Centre and Motorola Wireless Broadband Technology Lab.
In line with the Multimedia University (MMU)’s vision to be a leading engineering faculty in Malaysia for creation, preservation and dissemination of knowledge, MMU lecturers/professors/researchers at Faculty of Engineering has never failed to actively engage themselves in the forefront R&D activities for the creation of new knowledge and technology where scientific findings are presented and published in various reputable international conferences, and prestigious journals of international standing.
MMU also enjoys great support and close research collaborations with some top names in the industries in Malaysia such as Intel, NTT, Nokia, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Matsushita, Ericsson, Agilent , coupled with the constant arrangement of invited lecture series that brings renowned engineers and scholars to MMU from across the world, has helped MMU to ensure the multi-skilled engineering graduates they produce stay relevant to the fast changing industry trends and needs.
In the 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject again listed Multimedia University (MMU) as the No. 1 private university in Malaysia for “Electrical & Electronics Engineering”. Since 2015, MMU has been placed in the top 151-200 universities worldwide. Having won hundreds of awards, Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya is the top choice for students to study the best courses in Electrical and Electronics Engineering in Malaysia.
Students after SPM or O-Levels with the relevant results may enter the Foundation in Engineering (Melaka and Cyberjaya) for 1 year. Students may apply for the PTPTN Loan for the Foundation course at MMU.
Engineering Programmes at Multimedia University (MMU)
- BEng (Hons) Electrical (Cyberjaya)
- BEng (Hons) Electronics (Cyberjaya)
- BEng (Hons) Electronics majoring in Computer (Cyberjaya)
- BEng (Hons) Electronics majoring in Optical Engineering (Cyberjaya)
- BEng (Hons) Electronics majoring in Telecommunications (Cyberjaya)
- BEng (Hons) Electronics majoring in Nanotechnology (Cyberjaya)
- BEng (Hons) Electronics majoring in Robotics and Automation (Melaka)
- BEng (Hons) Electronics majoring in Telecommunications (Melaka)
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical (Melaka)
Outstanding Engineering Degree Programmes in Malaysia at Taylor’s University that’s Accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
Taylor’s University is a top ranked private university in Malaysia. Taylor’s University was voted the Most Popular Private College and / or University in Malaysia for two consecutive years (2008 and 2009), and is rated ‘Tier 5: Excellent‘ by the Ministry of Higher Education (MQA SETARA 2013). Taylor’s University is also ranked as one of the Top 250 universities in Asia by QS University Rankings: Asia 2015.
Taylor’s University’s School of Engineering offers comprehensive engineering programmes that are affordable yet with highly innovative training methods that rival some of the most prestigious foreign degrees. All these factors work towards enhancing the School’s reputation not just among Asian students but from across the world.
Taylor’s University School of Engineering is also an official collaborator in the ‘Conceiving – Designing – Implementing – Operating’ CDIO™ Initiative alongside famous institutions such as Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), California State University, the University of Sydney and University of Auckland. Taylor’s University is the first and only Malaysian University that has, thus far, been accepted into this initiative, which is an innovative education framework for producing the next generation of engineers.
A brief outline of some of the programmes on offer at Taylor’s University School of Engineering is listed below:
- Foundation in Engineering: Students after SPM who are sure of taking the engineering degree programme may go for the 1 year Foundation in Engineering at Taylor’s University. As part of their course of study, students will be exposed to an innovative and technologically-driven programme that employs digital tools to enhance teaching and learning. If you are unsure of whether engineering or other science programmes, you should go for the Foundation in Science.
- Foundation in Science: This is a flexible programme that exposes students to core principles in science, providing them with the knowledge and skills to pursue undergraduate programmes in engineering science or health science.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Chemical Engineering: This programme is aimed at students who are keen to learn about the design and operation of processes basic to human survival – such as food, fuel, medicines, plastic etc – and the professional engineering skills needed to turn these chemical, biological and physical processes into safe and sustainable industrial practice.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering: Concerned with solving practical problems using electrical science, Electronic Engineering is the handling of these electrical or optical signals while Electrical Engineering deals with the use of electricity as a source of energy. After completing one–two years of this 4-year programme at Taylor’s University, students have the option to transfer to several universities across the world, such as those in the UK or Australia.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering: This field is the most broad-based of the engineering professions. Its exponents are involved at some stage in the conception, design, production, finance and marketing of all manufactured goods from the largest power station, space craft and car plant to the most delicate mechanisms required for scientific instruments; for example, heart valves and micro-surgery.
Affordable BEM Accredited Engineering Programmes at UCSI University
UCSI University is rated 4 in the D-SETARA for Engineering while overall in the SETARA 2017 ranking, the university achieved a rating of 5 or Excellent. In addition, UCSI University’s engineering degrees are accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM).
After SPM or O-Levels, students may enter into the Foundation in Science at UCSI University before continuing on to the engineering degree programmes. With 3 credits in SPM, students may enter the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic engineering and then upon completion continue on to the degree with exemptions.
- BEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Communication & Electronic Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Mechatronic Engineering
- Beng (Hons) Petroleum Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Diploma in Engineering (Materials Science)
Excellent Engineering Programmes Accredited by BEM at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Asia Pacific University’s engineering degrees are accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM). APU was announced as among the Highest Rated Universities in Malaysia, being rated at TIER 5 (EXCELLENT) under the SETARA 2011 Ratings by the Ministry of Education (MOE) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA), and has maintained this Excellent rating in the latest SETARA 2013 Ratings
- BEng (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- BEng (Hons) in Electronic Engineering with specialism in IT
- BEng (Hons) in Telecommunication Engineering
- BEng (Hons) in Mechatronic Engineering
Students with 5 relevant credits in SPM or O-Levels can enter the Foundation at Asia Pacific University for 1 year before continuing on into the 4-year engineering programmes. With at least 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels students may enter the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering at Asia Pacific University before continuing on to the degree programmes with exemptions.
First Rate Engineering Courses at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie recognised by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
Engineering programmes at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie are designed to prepare graduates with everything necessary to face the new industrial economy around the globe.
With high quality programmes that adhere to the strict standards set by the Board of Engineers (BEM) Malaysia, students can expect a curriculum that is design-centric and trains them to hone their complex problem-solving skills.
Students will also experience valuable hands-on experience by participating in real-world projects, and have the opportunity to become a research assistant at an undergraduate level through our undergraduate research scheme.
With the goal of ensuring a holistic learning experience, KDU’s programme allows you to cultivate the skills, knowledge, and the ability to develop engineering applications which are required for a wide range of professional engineering careers and expected of leaders in business, engineering, industry and even in R & D. Students after SPM or O-Levels with 5 credits can enter the Foundation in Engineering at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie and then into the 4-year degree. With 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels students will enter into any of the engineering diplomas at KDU University College and then upon completion may continue on to the engineering degree with exemptions.
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering
Affordable Engineering Courses at First City University College (Formerly known as KBU International College)
- BEng (Hons) Electrical & Electronic Engineering (3+0) Sheffield Hallam University, UK
- Foundation in Engineering, Science & Technology
- Diploma in Electronic Engineering
- Diploma in Mechatronics
Top Ranked Engineering Courses at KDU Penang University College
- KDU Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (Mechatronic)
- KDU Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (Microelectronic)
- Northumbria University (3+0) B.Eng (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Northumbria University (3+0) B.Eng (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering
Engineering Courses at HELP College of Arts & Technology
- Diploma in Electronic Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Electronics
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
Accreditation of the Engineering Degrees by Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
Undergraduate degrees from top private universities in Malaysia typically take four years to complete and give you a broad understanding of the subject field, as well as developing your theoretical and practical techniques which could be transferred to almost any industry. UK engineering bachelor degrees are 3 years in duration and the 4th year is the M.Eng. or Master in Engineering.
The engineering degrees are four years in duration because of the requirement by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) in order for graduates to become professional engineers.
UK Engineering undergraduate degrees are offered as BEng or MEng, with the latter taking four years of full-time study. A BEng takes three years to complete and graduates are still able to find work without any problems. However, in order to become a professional engineer in Malaysia, a four-year engineering degree is required, therefore, graduates with a UK BEng degree will need to take a top-up and obtain the MEng.
The Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) registers graduates and professional engineers under the Registration of Engineers Act 1967 (Revised 2002). The requirement for registration as a graduate engineer is a degree in engineering recognised by the Board. Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) is the only body certifying Professional Engineers in Malaysia.
Which Engineering field is the best for me to study in Malaysia?
Students should choose your engineering field by passion. Ask yourself, “What gets me excited? Projections may show a future demand in certain engineering fields, but do you want to work very hard for the next four years in order to get a job in an area you don’t really like?
Students should identify your true interests. Do you like tinkering with devices? Mechanical engineering or mechatronic engineering are good choices for you. Are you passionate about solving the energy crisis? Then you might consider petroleum engineering, chemical engineering, or electrical engineering. And if you spend all your spare time writing code, computer science is an appropriate career path.
Choosing to study in an engineering field that you have passion in, will make you more likely to succeed as you would be willing to put in the hard work needed to be an expert in your field.
Don’t worry I know it is very difficult for you to give the answer so I am here to help you to know your interest in a particular engineering field of study. It’s very simple just give the answer of some question and then decide yourself that which branch do you like most or which branch suited to you according to your interest. We will discuss so that you can choose the best engineering field to study according to your interest.