Certificate in Information & Communication Technology Course for SPM or UEC Students with 1 or 2 Credits Including Maths & Pass in BM and Sejarah offered at APIIT in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Students with SPM/UEC 1 or 2 credits and passes in BM and Sejarah, don’t worry, there are courses that you can still take before continuing on to Diploma or Degree courses in Malaysia.
A credit in SPM is a “C” and a pass is a “D” or “E”. A credit in UEC is a “B” while the “C” are just passes.
You can take up a certificate course and then move on to Diploma and then to Degree.
Students with 1-2 credits in SPM and a pass in BM & Sejarah or UEC with at least 1 B can join the Certificate in Information & Communication Technology course at APIIT for 1 year 4 months and then go on to the Diploma for 2 or 2.5 years. After the Diploma, you will enter into Year 2 of the related Degree for another 2 years at APIIT or Asia Pacific University (APU).
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Choosing the Best College or University in Malaysia for the Certificate Course
There are a few quality colleges and universities offering the Certificate courses.
Because you did not do well for your SPM, you will need a college that will give you the necessary support with excellent facilities to make sure that you do well. If you simply choose any college, you may not succeed again because the college did not give you the necessary support. For example, if you want to master Kung Fu, you do not simply ask anyone to teach you, you ask a Master or Sifu. He will give you good training so that you will succeed.
The environment is important as well. If you are playful and distracted by friends, then you should not go to a party university where most of your friends are. Go for a university or college with a more serious study environment and get your life back on track.
I believe that in life, God has given each person a “bag”. in this “bag”, some people have “hands-on skills”, some have “studying skills” while others have “service skills”.
We just need to find out what’s in your bag, so that you can do well in life and earn a living.
Certificate (1 year 4 months) – Diploma (2 or 2.5 years) – Degree (2 years)
Note that you cannot apply for the PTPN loan for the Certificate course. The PTPTN Loan is available for the Diploma & Degree.
With 1 or 2 credits in SPM and a pass in BM & Sejarah, you can take the Certificate in Information & Communication Technology at APIIT or Asia Pacific University
Certificate in Information & Communication Technology at APIIT or Asia Pacific University
The Certificate in Information & Communication Technology programme at APIIT provides a strong communication, leadership and ICT skills as well as fundamental knowledge to take on a career in this challenging and ever changing IT world
Opportunities for progression into Diploma Programme or to embark on a career in Computing, Software Engineering, and various other applications of IT.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS for the Certificate in Information & Communication Technology at APIIT or Asia Pacific University
- 1 Grade C pass in SPM and a pass in Bahasa Malaysia, Mathematics and Sejarah (History).
- 1 Grade B pass in UEC and a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and Mathematics.
- 1 Grade c pass in ‘O’ Level/GCSE and a pass in Mathematics.
- A qualification that the Malaysian Government accept as equivalent to the above.
Subjects of the Certificate in Information & Communication Technology at APIIT or Asia Pacific University
- Basic Mathematics
- Fundamental IT Skills
- Youth Development
- Introduction to Managing Business
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Introduction to Statistics
- Database Concepts
- Introduction to Multimedia Application
- English for Technologists
- Personal Skills
- Ethics at Workplace
- Fundamentals of Visual Programming
- Fundamentals of E-Business Applications
- Computer Networks
- Introduction to Computer Architecture
- Windows Configuration & Maintenance
- Web Design & Technology
*In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-curricular activities.
FURTHER STUDIES after the Certificate in Information & Communication Technology at APIIT or Asia Pacific University
Upon successful completion of this programme, you will be eligible to progress into any of the following Diploma programmes offered at Asia Pacific University:
- Diploma in Information & Communications Technology
- Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering
- Diploma in Information & Communication Technology with a specialism in Data Informatics
- Diploma in Information & Communication Technology with a specialism in Interactive Technology
- Diploma in Business with Information Technology
Note: Students who have successfully completed the Certificate Programme may be allowed to transfer credits into the respective Diploma Programmes and as a result may be allowed to commence the Diploma directly from semester two.
When you complete the Diploma, you can continue on to any of the top award-winning computing programmes.
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Information Systems Security
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Internet of Things (IoT)
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Network Computing
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Cloud Computing
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Digital Transformation
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Mobile Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Business Information Systems
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with a specialism in Financial Technology (FinTech)
- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science with Specialism in Data Analytics
- Bsc (Hons) In Computer Science with a specialism in Digital Forensics
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Cyber Security)
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Intelligent Systems)
- BSc (Hons) in Multimedia Technology
- Bsc (Hons) In Multimedia Technology with a specialism in VR/AR
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Games Development