Outstanding Foundation Programmes at Top Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia
Students after SPM or IGCSE/O-Levels can consider taking the Foundation Programmes at top private universities in Malaysia. The Foundation Programmes are 1 year and is cheaper compared to the external Pre-University Programmes. Foundation programmes are generally easier than external Pre-University courses. If you do not plan on going overseas for your degree programme, then it is better to go for the Foundation programme at a top private university in Malaysia.
You will get the chance to study a variety of subject areas in the Foundation Programme. This will not only give you an idea of what subject you may like to progress on to, but also to develop the valuable learning skills necessary for pursue a degree. A Foundation Programme in Malaysia can be 2 semesters with 6 months each semester or 3 semesters with 4 months each semester.
You may also be interested to read the following articles:
- Malaysia’s Top 10 Foundation Programmes to Study after SPM or IGCSE/O-Levels
- Entry Requirements for Foundation Programmes in Malaysia
- Where Can I Study Foundation in Malaysia?
- Top 10 Best Courses to Study at University in Malaysia
- Top 50 Jobs with High Future Demand in Malaysia
- 30 Jobs with Future High Demand & Salaries in Malaysia – Find Out so you can choose the Best Course to Study Now!
- Study Courses that has High Job Demand in Malaysia
- Top 20 Courses to Study in Malaysia that has High Job Demand & Stable Salary
- What is the Best Course to study after SPM or O-Levels in Malaysia?
- Malaysia’s 28 Top Jobs in Demand in Future with High Salaries
- Top 10 Degree Courses in Malaysia with Highest Starting Salaries
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Ten of Malaysia’s Top Private Universities & Colleges Offering First-Rate Foundation Programmes
Many top private universities in Malaysia, have developed their own internal university foundation programmes. These Foundation courses are accredited by the Malaysia Qualification Agency (MQA) and recognised by the respective foreign partner universities.
Unlike the external qualifications which focus on more general Science and Art-based subjects, the internal qualifications provide specialisation in precise areas of study such as the fields of business, computer & IT, and engineering, and hence, cater to the specific needs of different students.
You can choose from the following list of top private universities below:
- Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus
- Asia Pacific University (APU)
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- University of Nottingham Malaysia
- University of Wollongong (UOW) Malaysia KDU, Utropolis Glenmarie
- UOWM KDU Penang University College
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- HELP University
- First City University College
- MAHSA University
- Berjaya University College
- Saito University College
Study Foundation at Top Private Universities in Malaysia
Malaysian private universities have been preparing students for study in top universities worldwide since the 1970s therefore they have the necessary experience to ensure quality for the Foundation programmes are adhered to.
Students after SPM or O-Levels should choose the foundation programme in Malaysia that best fits their career goals and needs. Students will take about 10-12 subjects in 3 semesters (1 year) for the Foundation programme at private universities in Malaysia.
If you are still not sure of what to study for your degree, the Foundation programme is a good choice and is
shorter in duration than the STPM and less difficult.
- Duration: 1 year
- Entry Requirements: Min. 5 credits, inclusive of Maths and 2 pure Science subjects for Foundation in Science or Engineering. For IT, you must have a credit in Maths. Other courses just require 5 credits. For Medicine and Pharmacy, Min. 5B in Maths, Additional Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Physics but will vary from university to university.
- Recognition: Mostly in Malaysia and some overseas. As long as the Foundation course is accredited by MQA, it will be accepted by another private university for entry into the relevant degree programme.
- Cost: Generally cheaper than overseas Pre-University courses and A-Levels
Assessments for Foundation Courses
Assessment for Foundation programmes in Malaysia will vary from university to university. It will contain a mix of coursework, assignments, quizzes and exams.
The coursework could cover different assessment tasks such as projects, assignments, laboratory work, presentations, tests, and others as assigned throughout each semester. The final examination is conducted at the end of each semester. The assessments are subject to quality assurance procedures to maintain high standards and ensuring fair assessment.
Unlike the external pre-university programmes in Malaysia which focus on more general Science and Art-based subjects, the Foundation programmes for private universities provide specialisation in specific areas of study such as business, computer & IT, or engineering, and hence, cater to the specific needs of different students.
However, there are also general Foundation programmes such as Foundation in Arts and Foundation in Science offered by the private universities. Foundation in Science programmes can lead to engineering, pharmacy, medicine, applied sciences, health sciences and other arts related degree programmes. The Foundation in Arts programme can lead to accounting, business, computing, architecture, design, and other arts related courses. After completing the Foundation in Science students have the choice to choose sciences or arts related degree programmes.
Students should choose Foundation programmes from prominent and established universities such as the ones listed below:
The Best Degree Programmes to Study in Malaysia at Top Private Universities
Upon completing the 1-year Foundation programme, students can continue to many degree programmes offered at the best private universities in Malaysia. You can consider the degree courses below:
Top Engineering and Built Environment Courses in Malaysia
- Mechatronic engineering
- Civil engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Quantity Survey
Outstanding Computing and Information Technology Courses in Malaysia
- Information Technology (IT)
- Software Engineering
- Computer science
- Cloud Computing
- Network Computing
- Internet of Things (IOT)
- Data Science or Big Data
- Mobile Computing
- Games Development
- Business Information Systems
First Rate Applied and Health Sciences in Malaysia
The Best Business & Accounting Courses in Malaysia
- Accounting & Finance
- Actuarial Science
- Business Administration
- Banking & Finance
- Financial Technology (Fintech)
- International Business Management
- Digital Marketing
- Human Resource Management
- Logistics Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Media Marketing
- Advertising & Brand Management
- Branding & Advertising
Excellent Social Science Courses in Malaysia
- Mass Communication
- Marketing Communications
- Film Studies
- Media Studies
- Public Relations
- Social Media Marketing
Top Design Courses in Malaysia
- Augmented Reality (AR)/Virtual Reality (VR)
- Multimedia Design
- 3D Animation
- Fashion design
- Product design
- Visual Effects
- Interior Design
- Interior Architecture
- Graphic Design