Find Out More About the Computer Science, Computing, Software Engineering & Information Technology (IT) Programmes at Asia Pacific University (APU) Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Over the years, APIIT Education Group, of which Asia Pacific University (APU) is a part of, has secured more than 100 awards at local, regional and international level. These awards serve as acknowledgements of the achievement of APU and their students, reaffirming their standing as being among the top private universities in Malaysia for Computer Science, Computing, Software Engineering and Information Technology (IT) courses.
Furthermore, an impressive 100% of Asia Pacific University graduates are employed upon graduation. APU has an international community with students from more than 100 countries at its safe and conducive campus inside Technology Park Malaysia, Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top Rank Asia Pacific University (APU) Offers the Best Programmes in Computer Science, Computing, Software Engineering & Information Technology (IT)
Asia Pacific University (APU) was awarded the Premier Digital Tech University status by the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) in recognition for its commitment in offering top-notch digital technology courses and ensuring highly-skilled graduates continue to flourish and fill future digital job demands locally and globally.
The university has more than 12,000 students coming from over 100 countries. 60% of its students are international students giving the campus a very international flavour. This is advantageous to Malaysian students who want to learn in a global environment in order to compete in the multinational work force of the future. In addition, it forces Malaysian students to improve their English while communicating with the international students.
Having won hundreds of awards in computing, Asia Pacific University (APU) is a top choice for Malaysian students to study courses in Computer Science, Computing, Software Engineering and Information Technology (IT).
Education Pathway at APU
Students with at least 3 credits in SPM including Maths may go for the 2-year Diploma in Information & Communications Technology or Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering at Asia Pacific University (APU). Upon completion, students may continue on to Year 2 of one of the top computing or IT degree programme at APU.
Students after SPM or O-Levels with 5 credits can enter into the Foundation in Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU) for 1 year before continuing on to the 3-year Computing or IT degree.
The Best Certificate, Foundation, Diploma & Degree Courses in Computer Science, Computing, Software Engineering & Information Technology (IT) Offered at Top Rank Asia Pacific University (APU)
Certificate Courses at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Pre-University Programmes at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Diploma Programmes at Asia Pacific University (APU)
- Diploma in Information & Communications Technology
- Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering
- Diploma in Information & Communication Technology with a specialism in Data Informatics
- Diploma in Business with Information Technology
Computing & Technology Degree Programmes at Asia Pacific University (APU)
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Information Systems Security
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Intelligent Systems
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Internet of Things (IoT)
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Network Computing
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Cloud Computing
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Mobile Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Business Information Systems
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Database Administration
- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science with Specialism in Data Analytics
- Bsc (Hons) In Computer Science with a specialism in Digital Forensics
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Cyber Security)
- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering
- BSc (Hons) in Intelligent Systems
- BSc (Hons) in Internet Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Games Development
3+0 Staffordshire University UK Computing Programmes at APIIT
Asia Pacific University (APU) is An Award-Winning Malaysian Private University for Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computing and Information Technology
- 100% Employability Rate in Malaysia
- According to the latest Graduate Tracer Study 2018 by Ministry of Education Malaysia, 100% of APU graduates are employed by graduation. This is not just a number, but a significant symbol of APU’s success and pride in nurturing professionals for global careers.
- Award-Winning University in Malaysia
- Over the years, APU has secured more than 200 awards at local, regional and international level. These awards serve as acknowledgements of the achievement of APU and their students, reaffirming their standing as being among the leading technology Institutions in Malaysia.
- To win an award, the students must have reached a level of capability. In addition, the lecturers would have had the knowledge and experience to help them achieve that level. The number of awards won indicates the standard that APU students and lecturers have reached. Furthermore, to participate in competitions require funding from the university. This is an advantage for APU students as they will have the opportunity to participate in the competitions which will give you experience and build your confidence, as well as, enhance your resume.
- As a testimony of that Asia Pacific University (APU) is the best university for computing, computer science and ICT in Malaysia, they and their students have won hundreds of awards. For the full list of awards, achievements and rankings for Asia Pacific University (APU), please click on this link.
- Wide Range of Computing & Technology Courses
- APU offers the most computing & technology courses in Malaysia, over 20, compared to other universities who only offer 3 to 5. This shows that APU has the expertise and ability to come up with the latest in-demand courses so that students can meet the job market needs.
- Internships after Year 2 allow students to put into practice what they have learnt and for job opportunities.
- Qualified and Experienced Lecturers
- All of APU lecturers possess at least a Masters degree with many having PhD qualifications. Some have also worked in the industry therefore are able to provide real life experiences.
- APU is an “Premier Digital Tech University” – MDEC
- APU was awarded the Premier Digital Tech University status by the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC). APU is recognised for its commitment in offering top-notch digital technology courses and ensuring our highly-skilled graduates continue to flourish and fill future digital job demands locally and globally. Premier Digital Tech University status was awarded by the Minister of Higher Education Malaysia.
- Originally established as the Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology (APIIT) in 1993 and Asia Pacific University College of Technology & Innovation (UCTI) in 2004, APU’s sound approach to nurturing school leavers into qualified professionals has resulted in our graduates being highly sought after by employers.
- Premier Digital Tech Universities and Preferred Digital Tech Polytechnics (PDTIs) are Malaysia’s leading digital tech-focused tertiary institutions. The PDTIs have a proven track record in producing high quality graduates for digital tech-based high value jobs, via cutting-edge research and education policies, strong industry linkages, and career development and placement services.
- Borne out of a collaboration between MDEC, the Ministry of Education Malaysia and industry leaders, the PDTIs deliver end-to-end solutions to ensure that future graduates are propelled into becoming dynamic members of an innovation-driven and knowledge-powered Malaysia.
- State-of-the-Art Computer Labs and IT Facilities
- All students have access to state-of-the-art computer facilities that include the latest PCs and workstations with Internet connection, operating systems, software suites and commercial programming software in multiple IT labs built for project work, multimedia production, software and internet programming. Furthermore, all around the campus you will have access to wireless Internet so you can learn anywhere, anytime.
- APU’s Cybersecurity Talent Zone is a clear and perfect example of how APU collaborates closely with industry leading organisations to expose students to best-in-class technologies and systems. This Zone features a fully-functional Security Operations Centre (SOC) that allows students to have hands-on cybersecurity operations experience. APU’s Cyber Security students are able to actively analyse occurrences of cyber-attacks and plan counteractive measures towards cyber threats through real-time data.
- In addition, a full-fledged Cyber Threats Simulation and Response Centre (also known as a Cyber Range) is also located within the Cyber Security Talent Zone. The Cyber Range incorporates latest technologies and a military grade cyber-defense system that can simulate highly complex cyber-attacks in a hyper realistic environment, enabling students to understand and formulate defence strategies, and practice the entire chain of cyber defence, while preparing them to deal with real cyber threat attack when it happens. The Cyber Range is among the best-equipped facility of its kind across the Asia Pacific region. APU’s CISCO Networking Academy, its Centre for Research and Development in IoT (CREDIT) and its Forensic and Security Research centre also make up the APU CyberSecurity Talent Zone, which is truly a unique, end-to-end integrated facility to provide hands-on experience to our students – the global cybersecurity, networking and IoT talents of the future.
- APU – Rated No. 1 in Asia and Malaysia for MULTICULTURAL LEARNING EXPERIENCE
(*Student Barometer Wave 2017, ‘Studying with people from other cultures’)
- Nurturing Professional for Global Careers – The Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU) is amongst Malaysia’s Premier Private Universities, and is where a unique fusion of technology, innovation and creativity works effectively towards preparing professional graduates for significant roles in business and society globally. APU has earned an enviable reputation as an award-winning University through its achievements in winning a host of prestigious awards at international and international levels.
- Soaring Upwards – APU awarded 5-STAR Excellent Rating at SETARA 2017
- APU was announced as among the Highest Rated Emerging Universities in Malaysia, being rated at 5-STAR (EXCELLENT Rating) under the SETARA 2017 Ratings by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE). APU has maintained this Excellent Rating in the SETARA 2011, 2013 and now in 2017. SETARA 2017 5-Star Rating was presented by the Minister of Higher Education Malaysia.
- 5-STARS for APU at QS Stars Rating 2017
- Asia Pacific University (APU) received international recognition by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) in 2017 with APU being awarded 5-Star in four categories of the QS Stars Rating – Teaching, Employability, Facilities and Inclusiveness. The QS Stars rating measures achievements of universities worldwide.
- QS Stars is a international rating system which allows students to better understand an institution’s qualities, looking at everything from the employability of graduates, to sports facilities and community engagement.
- A Truly International Community – 12,000 Students from over 130 Countries
- With an international student community of more than 12,000 students from more than 130 countries studying in its Malaysian campus, APU offers a truly cosmopolitan learning environment which prepares students well for the global challenges which lie ahead. APU offers a wide range of degrees with Technology as a common core. It is APU’s aim to nurture and encourage innovation through our programmes, with the intention of producing individuals who will learn, adapt and think differently in new and better ways.
- Interacting with international students will improve your English language skills
- When you meet so many international students, you will build a network of friends around the world. This increases your opportunity for business ventures in the future.