A Top Private University for Information Technology (IT) will Equip you to Succeed in your Career
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
With a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (IT) from a top university in Malaysia you are qualified to design and create new software and also to modify, and test existing software for computerised applications in a broad range of business and industries. You may also be required to devise new and more efficient algorithms and techniques. A top private university for the Information Technology (IT) course will be able to equip you with up-to-date knowledge and provide industry experience skills for you to achieve a high level of success in your career. Therefore, it is important for students to choose the right university that would ensure that this happens.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Studying the Information Technology Course in Malaysia
What is Information Technology?
Information is paramount and information technology (IT) influences all kinds of human activity. Benefits of technology include increased productivity in many work-related and personal tasks.
Information Technology (IT) refers to anything related to computing technology, such as networking, hardware, software, the Internet, or the people that work with these technologies. Most organisations in Malaysia have IT departments to manage the computers, networks, and other technical areas related to their businesses. IT jobs include computer programming, network administration, computer engineering, Web development, technical support, and many other related jobs.
Companies depend on information technology to help them be more productive. This is a career that benefits any business by allowing companies to work more efficiently and to maximise productivity. And with that comes faster communication, electronic storage and the protection of important documentation.
Furthermore, Information Technology (IT) also includes the management of data, whether it is in the form of text, voice, image, audio or some other form. It can also involve things related to the Internet. Information Technology (IT) involves the transfer of data, so it makes sense that the Internet would be a part of IT. IT has become a part of our everyday lives and continues evolve quickly.
What will I study in an Information Technology Course?
The study of IT covers a wide range of technology-related subjects such as computer science, information technology, and web and system design. Students can earn degrees in business information technology, computer systems engineering, data engineering, information systems, and many more.
Most Information Technology (IT) degree courses are not all theory compared to courses for other types of degrees such as business or social sciences. Of course, there will be theoretical classes to teach and guide you but the approach is far more practical. After the class lectures, you will have to apply that knowledge through practical exercises in a computer laboratory. Sure, you may have to work on essays, but they will always have to include practical work or projects – both successfully combined, with logical explanations for each step and chapter from your work.
The Best Reasons to Study Information Technology (IT)
- Many Career Choices are available to you
- Information technology is incredibly diverse and it’s not just about fixing computers or laptops. This course will allow you to take your career in a number of different directions. Become a computer network architect, a computer programmer, a computer systems analyst, a database administrator, an information security analyst, an information architect, a web developer and so much more!
- You can find a job anywhere in Malaysia or Globally
- Nearly every company needs a team of savvy computer experts to keep its systems up and running. You can find work in just about every industry you’d like, such as financial services, entertainment, government, hospitality, healthcare, manufacturing, retail and more.
- IT Jobs are always in Demand
- As technology progresses the need for information technology professionals will only increase. And the better your skill set the more in demand your expertise will be. With jobs being so scarce, the information technology industry continues to show a promising demand trend. Majoring in information technology will expose you to a lot of opportunities and jobs. It doesn’t matter in which field of information technology you’re specialising in, there are jobs in this industry.
- It has of the Highest Salaries
- IT spending in 2018 is forecast to rise 5.7% to RM65.2 billion.The increased spending will be focus on adopting business digitalisation, blockchain technology and big data to encourage learning and artificial intelligence. A project manager can now expect a salary between RM8,000 and RM14,000 while and inside sales manager could earn RM6,500 to RM10,000.
- For Chief Information Officers (CIO)’s with 12-18 years of experience, RM 25,000-42000 is the expected per-month salary.
- The National Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Association of Malaysia (Pikom) expect the overall average monthly salary of ICT professionals for 2018 to rise 5.4% to RM9,389 from RM8,908 in 2017.
- Information Technology (IT) is a Practical Course
- The biggest part of studying information technology is practical. Doing an information technology course, you won’t just learn the theoretical part but also get the opportunity to make things. With that, you can change or adjust things and implement what you’ve learned.
- Flexible Work Life
- In this new generation of careers, IT professionals have the advantage of choosing to work in a professional environment or working from home. Even the dress code at work can be quite informal. IT professionals do not need to follow the normal office hours.
What is the Education Pathway to an Information Technology Degree at a Private University in Malaysia?
Students after SPM or O-Levels may go for the Foundation in Computing or Information Technology at top private universities in Malaysia for 1 year before continuing on to the 3-year Information Technology (IT) degree.
With 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels including Maths, students may go for the 2-year Diploma in Information Technology, Diploma in Computer Studies or Diploma in Software Engineering and then enter into Year 2 of the Information Technology (IT) degree.
Students who have Pre-University qualifications with the relevant results in STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT, etc. can enter directly into Year 1 of the Information Technology (IT) degree at the best university in Malaysia.
Entry Requirements for the Foundation in Information Technology is a Minimum of 5 credits in SPM or O-Levels, inclusive of Maths while for the Diploma, a minimum of 3 credits including Maths is required. Please contact us for the specific entry requirements.
What are the Subjects that you will Study in an Information Technology (IT) Degree Course at Top Private Universities in Malaysia?
- Introduction To C Programming
- Interactive Media & Web Design Technology
- Computing & IT in the Workplace
- Fundamentals of Software Development
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Networking
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- System Analysis & Design
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Integrated Business Processes with SAP ERP Systems
- Mobile & Wireless Technology
- Programming Concepts in C++
- Web Applications
- System Programming and Computer Control
- Creativity & Innovation
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- Probability & Statistical Modeling
- Research Methods For Computing and Technology
- System Development Methods
- Advanced Database Systems
- Cloud Infrastructure & Services
- Computer Systems Management
- Designing & Developing Applications on Cloud
- Distributed Computer Systems
- Enterprise Programming for Distributed Applications
- Investigations in Information Technology
Which are the Top Private Universities in Malaysia to Study the Information Technology (IT) Degree Programme?
A Bachelor of Information Technology is an undergraduate academic degree that generally requires three years of study. While the degree has a major focus on computers and technology, it differs from a Computer Science degree in that students are also expected to study management and information science, and there are reduced requirements for mathematics.
A degree in computer science can be expected to concentrate on the scientific aspects of computing, while a degree in information technology can be expected to concentrate on the business and communication applications of computing.
There are many types of IT courses that you can choose or specialise in. You must take the time to talk to the right people so that you understand which one fits you. Students should also choose the best university for computing or IT to study at so that you can gain the necessary knowledge and skills. According to Pikom, there are many jobs out there for IT graduates and there are also many jobless IT graduates. The reason for this is that there is a mismatch of the courses with the skill needed. In addition, the training that the students received was not up to the standard needed in the industry.