Study at Top Colleges for the Best Australian Matriculation Course in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Students after SPM or O-Levels planning to study in Australia for their degree programme can consider taking the popular Australian Matriculation programme in Malaysia. There are basically two types of Australian Matriculation in Malaysia. They are the South Australian Matriculation (SAM or SACE International) and the Western Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT). These two programmes are recognised worldwide for entry into top universities.
However, there are some differences between the SAM and AUSMAT. Students should consider the differences and see which one suits them best. Students wanting to join the Australian Matriculation programme in March or April should take note that the AUSMAT offered at this intake is only 7 months in duration where it is condensed & intensive. The AUSMAT programme itself is quite difficult hence I would not advise students to go for the AUSMAT 7-month programme in March no matter what the counselor may tell you. Many top SPM students have taken the AUSMAT 7-month course and didn’t do well. Taylor’s College SAM programme for the March/April intake is 1-year in duration and would be a better choice where students would have enough time to prepare and do well.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
The Best Australian Matriculation Programmes in Malaysia
Difference between AUSMAT and SAM/SACE International
Both of these pre-university programmes are based on the Australian education system and both incorporate a combination of coursework and final exams which ultimately leads to an Australian Year 12 qualification.
The South Australian Matriculation (SAM) or SACE International is administered by the SACE Board of South Australia, a statutory authority of the South Australian Government. SAM students will be assessed and graded based on 70% college-based assessment (coursework) and 30% final examination.
The difference between SAM/SACE International and The Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) is that AUSMAT is administered by the School Curriculum and Standards Authority of Western Australia, a statutory authority of the Western Australian Government. Unlike SAM, those studying AUSMAT will be assessed and graded based on 50% coursework and 50% examination.
|Pre-University Programme||Brief introduction||Duration||Assessment||Subjects|
|South Australian Matriculation Awarded by
South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE)
|SAM offers – Proven learning techniques tailored to university study
– A balanced choice of subjects leading to a variety of university degree courses
– A mixture of school assessments and external examinations that assess students fairly
– The flexibility for students to complete the program over an extended period
– An opportunity for students to increase their tertiary entrance rank by repeating subjects without penalty.
|Duration is 9 months with intakes in January, May & August||Balance of continuous internal assessment and a final external examination. Students are provided with a university aggregate score (out of 90 marks) and a tertiary entrance rank (TER), a percentile ranking that is recognised without modification by all tertiary selection agencies in Australia. Students must complete 5 subjects, including 1 subject from List 1 and at least 1 subject from List 2. In addition, students must achieve a satisfactory score (10/20 or better) in either English as Second Language Studies, or English Studies.||No. of Subjects – 6 List 1 – Economics, English as Second Language Studies, English Studies, Legal Studies
List 2 – Accounting Studies, Biology, Chemistry, IT Studies, Mathematical Studies, Specialist Mathematics, Physics,
|Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) Awarded by Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE)||The AUSMAT is the Year 12 curriculum of Western Australia. The Curriculum Council of Western Australia, on behalf of the Government of Western Australia, overseas the quality implementation of the curriculum.||Duration is 10 months with Intakes in January Exam in November March intake is a 7 month condensed course (not recommended)||50% internal continuous assessment
(moderated by the Curriculum Council)
and 50% external final examinations (TEE)
Provides opportunities to use multiple assessment techniques to help students progress – continuous assessment may include topic tests, quizzes, assignments, investigations, research and exams.
Flexibility of calculating a student’s score based on Best-4 or Best-5 subjects .
|No. of Subjects – 5 Required to take English as an Additional Language (EAL/D) or English The remaining subjects must include one subject from each from List 1 and List 2:
LIST 1 – German, English, Economics, LIST 2 – Accounting and Finance, Biological Sciences
Chemistry, Computer Studies
Mathematics, Mathematics : Specialist Physics
Studying the South Australian Matriculation (SAM) or SACE International in Malaysia
The South Australian Matriculation (SAM)/SACE International is the most popular Australian-based Pre-University programme in Malaysia. The South Australian Matriculation (SAM) / SACE International (SACEI) in Taylor’s College attracts aspiring individuals who enjoy self-directed learning and leadership through an investigative approach.
The South Australian Matriculation (SAM) or SACE International is an internationally recognised pre-university programme that is equivalent to the Year 12 Australian high school course. This programme comprises of 70% college-based assessment and 30% final examination marked in Australia.
International Recognition for the South Australian Matriculation (SAM)
The SAM/SACE International qualification is internationally recognized by top universities in the world. Students will be accredited with the South Australian Certificate of Education upon successful completion. These awards are recognized within the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF), and SAM/SACE International students have successfully gained admission into top universities in countries including Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, India, Singapore, Hong Kong, the US and many others.
Subjects Offered for the South Australian Matriculation (SAM)
- English as an Additional Language
- Legal Studies
- Mathematical Studies
- Research Project B
- Specialist Mathematics
Intakes for the South Australian Matriculation (SAM)/SACE International
- *Examination Period – November
SAM/SACE International Entry Requirements
- SPM/O Level/equivalent: 5 credits (subject pre-requisites apply)
Why Study Pre-University at Taylor’s College Malaysia
Many of Taylor’s College SAM / SACE International students have gained entries into top universities in the world including Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, India, New Zealand, the UK and also the USA. Taylor’s College has placed 3,548 students from their South Australian Matriculation programme in 201 universities worldwide (2010 – 2014).
Taylor’s College has been a centre of excellence for Pre-University Studies in Malaysia; renowned for its academic excellence and unbeatable track record, Taylor’s College has placed its students in top universities of their choice around the world. Pre-University programmes are available at Taylor’s College Lakeside Campus.
Out of more than 400 private colleges in Malaysia, Taylor’s College is the ONLY college awarded the 6-star (outstanding) rating by the Ministry of Education Malaysia in the 2012/2013 MyQUEST evaluation for the overall quality of learning. Undoubtedly, Taylor’s College is the best in Malaysia to study a Pre-University Programme.
Taylor’s College South Australian Matriculation (SAM)/SACE International emphasises on helping students to discover their interest, empower their potential, and funnel their effort towards achieving study and career goals. Explore. Excite. ignitE. is a programme focusing on development of leadership skills where students are guided to develop and manage a community project portfolio that records their experiences which will ultimately steer their direction in life and career.
- Taylor’s College is the only college with all campuses awarded 6-star (highest rating) by MOE consistently since 2012.
- Out of 143 colleges and universities in the world which participated in the iGraduate 2013 survey on student learning experience, Taylor’s College emerged No. 1 in Malaysia.
- Every year, over 1,000 students are placed in the top 200 universities of the world.
- From 2001 to 2015, 4 out of 5 ‘top in the world’ South Australian Matriculation/SACE International achievers were from Taylor’s College.
- SACE International Highest Achiever Award (2014-2017) awarded to Taylor’s College
- SACE International Merit Award (A+ with Merit)- AVERAGE 88% TAYLOR’S COLLEGE (2013-2017)
- SACE International Highest Subject Highest Subject Achiever Award 2017 – 9 from Taylor’s College out of 10 recipients
- SACE Subjects Merits Awards 2017 – 26 from Taylor’s College out of 26 recipients
- In 2015, 33 out of 38 Merit Award Recipients were from Taylor’s College Malaysia
- 2,417 Taylor’s College South Australian Matriculation (SAM) Graduates achieved ATAR 80 and above (2011-2017)
- More than 4,250 Taylor’s College SAM/SACE International graduates were placed into 201 universities worldwide (2010-2016)
The SAM/SACE International programme at Taylor’s College is a gateway for students to enter top universities around the world including Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, India, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and the USA.
The SAM/SACE International programme at Taylor’s College continues to be the largest centre for Australian Pre-University programmes in Malaysia since its inception in 1982.
Achievements for Taylor’s College South Australian Matriculation (SAM) in 2014
HIGHEST SAM/SACE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ACHIEVER AWARD
- Lim Shir Ling
HIGHEST SAM/SACE INTERNATIONAL SUBJECT ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
- ACCOUNTING- How Yi Xin
- BIOLOGY – Suresh Mahendra Raj
- CHEMISTRY – Koh Yi Wai & Lee Su Min
- ECONOMICS – How Yi Xin & Nur Farhanah Binti Adam Malik
- ENGLISH AS SECOND LANGUAGE STUDIES – Christine Kuan Hui Ann
- MATHEMATICAL STUDIES – Hoo Yi Teng
- NUTRITION – Low Ji Yian
- PSYCHOLOGY – Nur Farhanah Binti Adam Malik
- RESEARCH PROJECT B – Christine Kuan Hui Ann
- SPECIALIST MATHEMATICS – Lim Shir Ling & Raghuraman A/L Thayagaraja
SACEI SUBJECT MERIT AWARD
- 84.3% (43 out of 51) of recipients worldwide were from Taylor’s College
The Best South Australian Matriculation Lecturers at Taylor’s College
- 100% of Taylor’s College teachers are trained annually by the SACE Board of South Australia.
- 100% of Taylor’s College teachers are on the SACE Board of South Australian panel of examiners.
- More than 70% of Taylor’s College teachers have marking of the final exam and moderation experience with the SACE Board of South Australia Exam Board.
Taylor’s College is a Top Private College in Malaysia for Pre-University Programmes
- Best in Malaysia Brand Excellence Award Awarded with the ‘Brand Excellence Award’ in 2008 by the Ministry of International Trade & Industry Malaysia (MITI).
- Students’ Choice Awards Voted and awarded with Doctorjob’s ‘Most Popular Private College/University in Malaysia’ in 2008 and 2009 by gtimedia.
- Awarded with the highest rating of ‘Tier 6:Outstanding’ in:
- – Quality of overall education
- – Quality of general programmes (pre-university)
- – Quality of support for international students
- Out of more than 400 private colleges in Malaysia, Taylor’s College is the ONLY college awarded the 6-star (outstanding) rating by the Ministry of Education Malaysia in the 2012/2013 MyQUEST evaluation for the overall quality of learning.
- 15 Out of 211 colleges and universities in the world which participated in the i-graduate 2014 survey, Taylor’s College emerged No.1 in Malaysia.
- 1) Student Learning Experience
- 2) Student Living Experience
- 3) Student Support
Western Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) Programme in Malaysia
The Western Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) is the final year (Year 12) of the secondary school programme offered by the government of Western Australia to enable entry into year one Bachelor’s degree programmes of most universities around the world, such as Australia, the UK, New Zealand, the US, Canada, and private universities in Malaysia.
The AUSMAT is an internationally-recognised pre-university programme administered by the Curriculum Council of Western Australia on behalf of the Western Australian government. Students are graded based on their performance throughout the year.
The Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) programme is an internationally recognised modular pre-university programme which comprises 50% coursework and 50% external examination. To successfully complete the programme, the students are required to meet the minimum standard of literacy and numeracy by passing the Online Literacy and Numeracy Assessment (OLNA). The School Curriculum and Standards Authority of Western Australia which comes under the Government of Western Australia, oversees the quality implementation of the AUSMAT programme.
The 10-month programme with the Australian Tertiary Admission Exam’s (ATA) assessment comprising 50% course and project work and 50% final external examination. This arrangement not only helps to remove pressure of the single year-end assessment, but also provides opportunities for the usage of a variety of assessment techniques in determining students’ standards of achievement.
With a focus on holistic development, the Australian Matriculation encourages a two-way feedback through continuous assessments and prepares you for university life with a balance of internal and external examinations.
The entry requirement into AUSMAT is SPM, ‘O’ Levels or other equivalent qualifications, with a minimum of 5 credits in subjects of Science and Mathematics. The student intakes are in January and March. The course duration is between 8 to 10 months and students are required to take up five subjects including either English or ESL.
- Duration: 10 months
- Intakes: January and June (June intake is 1.5 years)
- Exam date: November
- Number of Subjects: 5
- Assessment: 50% course and project work and 50% final examination
- Entry Requirements: Students should possess 5 relevant credits including English in SPM or GCE ‘O’ Level inclusive of English language or equivalent qualifications. (Credit in Mathematics and 2 Science subjects for science student). Pass in SPM-BM Students waiting for SPM or GCE ‘O’ Level results may apply with their forecast results for January intake
- For students pursuing a degree in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy upon graduation:
5 credits with Mathematics, Additional Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology scoring not below 4B’s
- For student pursuing a degree in science upon graduation:
5 credits inclusive of Mathematics and 2 Science subjects
- For students pursuing a degree in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy upon graduation:
Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) Subjects Offered at Private Colleges in Malaysia
Students are required to take 5 subjects including English as an Additional Language (EAL/D) or English.
Four subjects can be chosen from the list below:
AUSMAT Subjects List A
- English as an Additional Language/Dialect
AUSMAT Subjects List B
- Accounting and Finance
- Computer Science
- Mathematics Methods
- Mathematics: Specialist