Best Foundation in Information Technology (IT) / Computer Studies Course at Top Private Universities in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
According to a report, the job prospects for information technology (IT) professionals in Malaysia is very good and well trained ICT professionals can earn a high salary. It is important to choose the best university in Malaysia to study the Information Technology (IT) course so that you can gain vital knowledge and skills to succeed in your career.
Graduating with a Information Technology (IT) degree from a top private university in Malaysia allows you to choose from a wide range of careers in software development, business analysis, ITC consulting, data modelling, systems integration and network management.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
First Rate Universities in Malaysia Offering the Best Foundation in Information Technology (IT) or Foundation in Computer Studies Course
With the increased demand for trained professionals in information technology (IT) and the many universities for students to choose from, it is important for the student to be able to choose a university that will build a solid foundation to be successful in this challenging but rewarding career.
Students after SPM or O-Levels interested in a career in information technology, software engineering, computer science or cyber security can go for the 1-year Foundation in Information Technology programmes at top private universities in Malaysia. The Foundation in Information Technology (IT) programmes are cheaper and generally easier than the external Pre-University programmes.
Learn how to become a computer science professional in Malaysia by talking to knowledgeable & experienced counselors and then choosing the best private university for your degree studies. Research the education and career requirements, training and certification information and experience needed to be successful in your future career in information technology or computer science in Malaysia.
- Asia Pacific University (APU)
- Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
- Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka
- Taylor’s University
- KDU University College
- KDU Penang University College
- UCSI University
- HELP University
- First City University College
- KDU College
Students after SPM or O-Levels interested in a career in Computing & Technology can go for the 1-year Foundation programmes at top private universities in Malaysia instead of an external Pre-University Course like SAM, AUSMAT or A-Levels. The Foundation in Information Technology (IT) programmes are cheaper than the external Pre-University programmes and generally easier. If you do not plan on going overseas for your degree programme, then it is better to go for the Foundation programme at a top private university in Malaysia.
Foundation in Information Technology or Foundation in Computer Studies courses are intensive, focused one-year courses which prepare students for your computing degree studies in Malaysia and guarantee entry to the university of interest upon successful completion. The Foundation in Information Technology or Foundation in Computer Studies courses provide a solid foundation for students to adapt to university education more confidently, both in terms of level and style of education of the particular university.
Study Foundation in Information Technology (IT) or Foundation in Computer Studies Course at Top Universities in Malaysia
Many top private universities in Malaysia, have developed their own internal university foundation programmes. The Foundation in Information Technology (IT) and Foundation in Computing & Technology courses are accredited by the Malaysia Qualification Agency (MQA) and recognised by the respective foreign partner universities. The Foundation in Information Technology (IT) subjects are geared more specifically to Information Technology courses unlike the external qualifications which focus on more general Science and Art-based subjects.
You will get the chance to study a variety of subject areas related to computer studies in the Foundation in Information Technology (IT) or Foundation in Computing & Technology Programme. This will not only give you an idea of what subject you may like to progress on to, but also to develop the valuable learning skills necessary for pursue a degree. A Foundation Programme in Malaysia can be 2 semesters with 6 months each semester or 3 semesters with 4 months each semester.
Assessment for Foundation in Information Technology (IT) or Foundation in Computing & Technology programmes in Malaysia will vary from university to university. It will contain a mix of coursework, assignments, quizzes and exams. The coursework could cover different assessment tasks such as projects, assignments, laboratory work, presentations, tests, and others as assigned throughout each semester. The final examination is conducted at the end of each semester. The assessments are subject to quality assurance procedures to maintain high standards and ensuring fair assessment.
To enter into the Foundation in Computing & Technology students after SPM would need at least 5 credits in the relevant subjects with a pass in BM and Sejarah.
If you are sure that you want to study Information Technology (IT) for your degree studies then this Foundation Programme is your best choice.
- Duration: 1 year
- Entry Requirements: Min. 5 credits, inclusive of Maths
- Recognition: Mostly in Malaysia and some overseas. As long as the Foundation course is accredited by MQA, it will be accepted by another private university for entry into the relevant degree programme.
- Cost: Generally cheaper than overseas Pre-University courses and A-Levels
Best Foundation in Computing & Technology at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University
Asia Pacific University Foundation (Pre-University) programme is designed to help those with SPM, O Levels or similar qualifications to develop the skills and knowledge to progress into the first year of degree of choice. Throughout the programme, our academic staff will advise you on the options available at each stage of your university degree study.
If you have 5 Credits in “SPM’ or “O” Levels or equivalent then the Degree Foundation at Asia Pacific University (APU) is ideal for you because it is purposely designed to prepare you for entry into a degree in many areas of Information Technology, Business or Engineering.
Asia Pacific University’s vast experience in delivering degrees means we know what students need to do well in a degree. We have used this to design a Degree Foundation which gives you the skills in communications, research, English, Maths, technology (including Information Technology) and general study methods to do well whichever of our wide range of degrees you choose.
And APU goes further by providing you with an introduction to Business and IT or Engineering so that you can make an informed choice of degree when you have completed the Foundation. Depending on your choice you can go on to study full time for a 3-year Honours degree in IT, Games, Media, Business, Design, Accounting, Finance, International Studies areas or a 4-year Honours degree in Engineering, which is internationally benchmarked.
Upon completion of the Foundation in Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University, you can continue on to any of the top award-winning computing programmes.
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Information Systems Security
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Intelligent Systems
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Network Computing
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Cloud Computing
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Mobile Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Business Information Systems
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Database Administration
- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science with Specialism in Data Analytics
- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering
- BSc (Hons) in Intelligent Systems
- BSc (Hons) in Internet Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Games Development
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Games Development with Specialism in Games Concept Art
- BA (Hons) in Media Marketing with specialism in Social Media
3+0 Staffordshire University UK Computing Programmes at APIIT
What you will study at Asia Pacific University’s Foundation in Computing & Technology
Upon completing your study in this programme, you will be able to:
- Enter Level 1 of Degree Study
- Understand the concepts that underpin the study of Business, Technology, Engineering, Media and IT
- Make an informed choice about what degree you want to study
- Demonstrate English language and study skills for undergraduate learning
- Apply skills in numeracy, technology and communication
- Understand the essential elements of technology
- Use appropriate application software and the Internet
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing to a given audience
- Work effectively in a team
- Be ready to become an effective member of the working community
- Continue and succeed in further / higher education
Foundation in Information Technology Course in Malaysia at Top Ranked Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya & Melaka
Both Multimedia University’s Faculty of Computing & Informatics and Faculty of Information Science & Technology incorporate industry-led curriculum so you will gain not only technical knowledge and skills, but also relevant soft and management skills. Many of the lecturers are professionals and specialists in their fields who will be able to impart real-life experience and solutions to your learning.
Multimedia University (MMU) also has strong collaborations with global industry leaders who are ready to share their knowledge of cutting-edge innovative technologies to keep you up-to-the-minute with current and future industry needs. MMU was the first private university approved by the Malaysian government.
Multimedia University’s collaboration partners include multinational corporations such as Microsoft, IBM, Dell-EMC, Cisco, Oracle, Intel, Cloudera, Nokia, EC Council, Google, Sun, Novell, Shell, BT, Celcom, CA, and Motorola. Through such partnerships, our staff and students are able to leverage on the latest technologies driving the Malaysian and global ICT scenes.
To give MMU students an extra edge in the job market, the university also conducts numerous professional certification programs via learning centers such as the Microsoft IT Academy, the Cisco Networking Academy, the Oracle Workforce Development Programme, the Cloudera Academic Partnership Programme, the Sun Academic Initiative and the Novell (Micro Focus) Academic Training Partner.
Vendor academy programs (Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, Novell/LPI, Juniper, IBM). Industry-linked Final Year Project. Lectures/Seminars by Industry Partners Visits to IT companies. Incorporation of industrial-standard software and tools in the course content Participation in competitions (e.g. programming competitions)
A study by Gartner and MSC Malaysia found that Multimedia University (MMU) is among the top five universities preferred by major ICT players for graduate employment – a testament to the quality of MMU’s academicians, curriculum, student development programmes and our solid reputation with the industries.
In this constantly evolving digital world, Information and Communication Technology is more important than ever. As ICT continues to transform the way people communicate, learn, work and play, the career prospects for IT graduates are both diverse and rewarding. Whether it’s Bioinformatics or Data Communication, Artificial Intelligence or Information Technology Management, a degree from MMU will definitely hold you in good stead for the future.
Upon completing the 1-year Foundation in Information Technology at MMU Melaka or MMU Cyberjaya, students may choose to enter into any of the Computer Science or Information Technology programmes below:
Multimedia University (MMU) Faculty of Computing & Informatics (Cyberjaya)
Multimedia University (MMU) Faculty of Information Science and Technology (Melaka)
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons.) (Data Communications and Networking)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons.) (Information Technology Management)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons.) (Artificial Intelligence)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons.) (Security Technology)
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.) (Bioinformatics)
Top Ranked University in Malaysia to Study Foundation in Computing at Taylors University
Taylor’s University 1-year Foundation in Computing programme is designed to provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to pursue a future in various computing related degrees programmes. Emphasising on ‘learning by doing’, students are regularly required to work on actual projects that instil core competencies and knowledge in the field of computing and information technology.
As part of their studies, Taylor’s students will be exposed to a dynamic learning environment that extends beyond the classroom, where students are trained to apply theory into practice, thus developing the ability to demonstrate discipline-specific knowledge, cognitive capabilities and soft skills.
Upon completion, students at Taylor’s University will develop core competencies in the field of computer
science and information technology, grooming them for further studies or careers in the ICT industry, or to be the next technopreneurs of Malaysia’s bustling start-up scene.
Upon completion of the top rated Foundation in Computing programme, students at Taylor’s University can continue on to any of the UK dual-award degree programmes below:
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) (Computer Security and Forensics)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) (Internet Technologies)
- Bachelor in Software Engineering (Hons)
Strong Computing Focus for the Foundation in Computing at Taylor’s University
- Knowledge and understanding of computing, IT and basics of logical thinking skills, through modules like Introduction to Computing, Practical IT skills and Introduction to Algorithm & Problem Solving.
From Theory to Application
- Develop independence and confidence, through continuous assessments which encompass elements of presentation, group discussion, out-of-classroom activities and practical assignments.
Balanced Learning Environment at Taylor’s School of IT
- Opportunity to acquire and demonstrate discipline-specific knowledge, cognitive capabilities and soft skills.
A balanced assessment method, whereby 50% of the evaluation allocated to various continuous assessments such as course work, quizzes, class test, projects, oral presentations, and the remaining 50% to the final exam.
Conducive Learning Environment at Taylor’s University
- Same access to the University’s facilities as undergraduate and postgraduate students, and able to contribute equally to the campus community.
Exposure to the latest developments in the computing field through talks and workshops conducted by local and international speakers and industry experts.
Reliable Support System at Taylor’s University
- First Year Experience (FYE) initiatives, such as motivational talks and peer-assisted study sessions, provide students the much-needed support to adjust to university life and excel in academic and extra-curricular activities.
First Rate Foundation in Art & Technology at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
Students after SPM or O-Levels who are not sure of what they want to study can go for the flexible Foundation in Arts & Technology Programme at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie that will stream them into the various degree programmes in business, computing, communication, creative arts, hospitality, culinary arts, offered.
- Game development
This flexible programme ensures students are grounded with a strong grasp of core subjects according to
their choice of programmes at degree level, as well as a variety of other subjects to give them a broad-based education platform. It also helps them to explore new methods and ideas, as well as skills and concepts, to encourage independent and critical thinking.
Upon completion, students will be able to articulate seamlessly into various degree programmes, offered at KDU.
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons)
- Bachelor of Game Development (Hons)
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Hons)
Students interested to register online for KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie’s course can click on this link. Scholarships are available for deserving students.
Most Affordable Foundation In Engineering, Science & Technology at First City University College
This affordable Foundation in Engineering, Science & Technology Programme in Malaysia at First City University College prepares students for two major pathways of Degree programmes offered by the Faculty of Engineering and Computing, which are Engineering and Computing. Students will be equipped with elementary to intermediate level of knowledge on the respective pathway after the completion of this foundation programme.
In Semester 1, students will explore their first programming language of which they will analyse, design and develop an IT solution for a business case. At the same time, students will build a solid background on Mathematics for their chosen pathway in Semester 2.
In Semester 2, students will explore more into their chosen pathway. For students who choose the Computing pathway, they will learn various programming languages, such as structured C++ programming in Semester 2 and Object-Oriented Java programming in Semester 3. Students will learn to create simple and yet functional programs from these languages.
On the other hand, for students who choose the Engineering pathway, they will be equipped with technical knowledge in Engineering-related modules, such as Mechanics, Electrical and Electronics, and instrumentation and measurements in Semester 2; and Applied Physics and Materials Science in Semester 3.
Students can also select the Science pathway which prepares them to continue their degree in chemistry-related degrees such as Chemical Engineering.
Furthermore, students from all pathways will also benefit from applying the MATLAB software in their mathematics modules.
To conclude, this foundation programme provides students a strong solid background on the respective pathway to degree programmes of study.
The duration for the Foundation is 1 year (3 semesters) with intakes in January, March and May of each year.
With 5 credits in SPM or O-Levels including the relevant subjects, you can go for the Foundation in Engineering, Science & Technology at First City University College. After the 1-year Foundation, you can continue on to the following degree programmes at First City:
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Mobile Computing) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Hons)
- Bachelor of Information Systems (Hons) in Business Management
- Bachelor of Computer Science ( Intelligent Systems) (Hons)
- Bachelor of Electronic Engineering with Honours