Find Out Why Studying Cyber Security at Asia Pacific University (APU) Malaysia is a Good Choice
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Asia Pacific University (APU) is an award-winning university for Computing in Malaysia offering the BSc. (Hons) Computer Science with Specialism in Cyber Security Degree. With many universities offering the Cybersecurity course in Malaysia, it may be confusing & difficult to choose the right one that will equip you for a successful career. Many of you would ask if APU is a good university to study computer science and cybersecurity?
Having helped thousands of students to choose the right course & university in Malaysia, I have come up with the Top 10 Reasons why you should study Cybersecurity at Asia Pacific University (APU).
You may also be interested in:
- Cyber Security Degree Course Details, Entry Requirements, Fees & Intakes at Asia Pacific University (APU) Malaysia
- Study the Best Cyber Security Degree Course in Malaysia
- Job Demand & Salary for Cyber Security Specialists in Malaysia
- Fastest Pathway into Malaysia’s Top Private Universities to Study Computer Science or Software Engineering with the Foundation in Information Technology (IT)
- Top 10 Reasons to Study Cybersecurity at Asia Pacific University (APU) Malaysia
- Asia Pacific University (APU) is BEST Cybersecurity Education Provider in ASIA
- Asia Pacific University (APU) Malaysia Sets Up First Cyberthreats Intelligence Centre
- Asia Pacific University (APU) is Top for Cyber Security Course in Malaysia Winning Many Awards
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top 10 Reasons to Study the Cyber Security Degree Course at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Asia Pacific University (APU), a top technology private university in Malaysia, has addressed these concerns while demonstrating the university’s strength in providing first-class education in the area of cyber security.
As an all-rounded education provider, APU has world-class facilities, qualified academics, industry-relevant syllabus and strong partnerships. Furthermore, Asia Pacific University (APU), students will be trained to become qualified cyber security professionals who are ready to face challenges in the digital world through a wholesome experience.
Students are able to apply for the PTPTN Loan to study at APU. In addition, scholarships are available for deserving students who have performed well academically. Students interested to find out more about APU’s cybersecurity course please contact us or if you want to register, please go to this link.
1. Malaysia’s Award-Winning Cyber Security University – Asia Pacific University (APU)
Asia Pacific University (APU) has won more than 200 awards in the area of technology locally as well as globally.
To win an award is proof that a student has reached a level of capability as well as the quality of the lecturer that has taught and guided the student in the competition.
Additionally, APU’s cyber security students have been excelling in local and international cyber-related competitions.
Moreover, APU has produced digital security superstars, who constantly outperform their peers at national and international level competitions.
Some notable achievements specific to Cybersecurity include the
- CYBERSECURITY EXCELLENCE AWARDS
- 2020 – Gold Winner (Best CyberSecurity Education Provider in Asia)
- 2019 – Gold Winner (Best CyberSecurity Education Provider)
- REGIONAL CYBER CHALLENGE (RCC)
- 2019 – Champion
- 2019 – 1st Runner Up
- “PWN TILL DAWN” HACKATHON BY WIZLYNX GROUP
- 2019 – 4th Place
- 2019 – 5th Place
- 2019 – 6th Place
- Top University Award at the KPMG Cyber Challenge 2018
- KPMG CYBER SECURITY CHALLENGE
- 2019 – 1st Runner Up
- 2018 – Top University Award
- 2018 – Champion (“APT, Malware & Cyber powered by FireEye” track)
- 2018 – Champion (“Engineering & Cyber – powered by IET” track)
- 2018 – 2nd Runner Up (Cyber Security Challenge 2018 – National Finals)
- Champion of the Ernst & Young Asia-Pacific Global Hackathon 2019
- CYBER HEROES COMPETITION
- 2019 – Champion
- 2019 – Most Valuable Player (MVP)
- 2017 – 3rd Place
- 2017 – 4th Place
- Three times champion at the F-Secure Intervarsity Cyber Security Challenge since 2016
- HACKING, DEFENCE AND FORENSICS COMPETITION 2018 Champions
- APPRENTICE INNOVATION & RESEARCH EXHIBITION (AIREX) 2018 Champions
- HACK@10 CYBERSECURITY COMPETITION
- 2018 – Champion
- 2018 – 2nd Runner Up
- 2018 – 10th Place
- 3rd Place in the 2018 “HACK FOR GOOD” CHALLENGE
- 1st Place in the 2016 JOM HACK: SMART CITIES WITH LORA
- GAMIFICATION HACKATHON
- 2016 – Champion
- 2016 – Gold Medal
- Grand Prize Winner in the 2016 ANGELHACK GLOBAL HACKATHON (MALAYSIA)
- 2016 – Champion (Forensic Challenge)
- 2016 – Champion (Hack & Defence)
- UTP-HAX NATIONAL HACKING COMPETITION
- 2015 – 1st Runner-up
- 2014 – 1st Runner-up
- 2014 – 4th Place
- 2014 – 1st Runner-up
- MALAYSIA CYBERSECURITY AWARDS (CYBERSECURITY MALAYSIA)
- 2013 – Award for ‘Information Security Training Provider of the Year’
- 2012 – Award for ‘Information Security Training Provider of the Year’
- 2009 – Award for ‘Information Security Training Provider of the Year’
- HSBC YOUNG IT ENTREPRENEUR AWARDS 2004 – Judges Award for ‘Security Transmitter & Detector’ device
2. Technologically Advanced Cyber Security Labs at Asia Pacific University (APU)
State-of-the-art infrastructure at APU’s CyberSecurity Talent Zone allows students to have real-life exposure within the university’s environment.
With the support of industry partners and Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC), APU continuously responds to the talent demand as they aspire to train and nurture “superheroes” of the digital space who will combat digital crimes and safeguard digital assets when they graduate.
The full-fledged Cyber Threats Simulation and Response Centre (also known as Cyber Range) and Security Operations Centre (SOC) stream live monitoring data extracted from a database of cyber-attacks worldwide, providing a platform for hands-on practice when it comes to ethical hacking and incident response.APU also houses state-of-the-art infrastructure to complement the delivery of the curriculum.
In 2018, APU launched the nation’s first CyberSecurity Talent Zone, which is now home to military-grade real-time cyber security monitoring systems, research centres and simulation infrastructure to nurture global cybersecurity, networking and IoT talents of the future.
Based on real-time data, APU students learn to monitor, troubleshoot, investigate and escalate security breach issues. These experiences nurture security professionals who are ever-ready to join the cyber security workforce with their practical and technical exposure.
3. Industry Advisory Panel
Industry advisory panel consisting of experts from the cyber security field – CompTIA, ISACA, CSM, MDEC, TecForte, Cyber Test Systems, Cyber Intelligence and SecureKi – are involved in designing the curriculum at APU, ensuring the syllabus taught is up-to-date and relevant for students to change and improve the landscape of secure computing.
4. 100% Employability
“100% Employed by Graduation” – Graduate Tracer Study 2018 – According to the latest Annual Graduate Tracer Study by Ministry of Education Malaysia, 100% of APU graduates were employed by graduation in 2018.
Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation chief executive officer Datuk Yasmin Mahmood said in Asia Pacific University (APU), there is a 300% employability rate for cybersecurity students, with them getting two or three job offers as cybersecurity professionals before they graduated.
5. Premier Digital Tech University status
APU was awarded the Premier Digital Tech University status by the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC).
APU is recognised for its commitment in offering top-notch digital technology courses and ensuring our highly-skilled graduates continue to flourish and fill future digital job demands locally and globally.
This status was awarded by the Minister of Higher Education Malaysia in 2017. In June 2019, this status has been renewed for a further 3 years by MDEC.
6. QS Stars Rating 2017
5-STARS for APU at QS Stars Rating 2017 -Asia Pacific University (APU) received international recognition by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) in 2017 with APU being awarded 5-Star in four categories of the QS Stars Rating – Teaching, Employability, Facilities and Inclusiveness. The QS Stars rating measures achievements of universities worldwide.
QS Stars is a international rating system which allows students to better understand an institution’s qualities, looking at everything from the employability of graduates, to sports facilities and community engagement.
7. Industry-Academia Collaboration (IAC) model
APU follows a structured Industry-Academia Collaboration (IAC) model that associates the concerned parties involving industry, academia, and government. The main considerations include enhancing the employability of graduates, necessary information on the employability outlook, areas of growth within the ICT industry and how various programmes offered by APU assist in talent development.
8. Asia Pacific University (APU) has a Truly International Community – 11,000 Students from over 110 Countries
With an international student community of more than 11,000 students from more than 110 countries studying in its Malaysian campus, APU offers a truly cosmopolitan learning environment which prepares students well for the global challenges which lie ahead. APU offers a wide range of degrees with Technology as a common core.
It is APU’s aim to nurture and encourage innovation through our programmes, with the intention of producing individuals who will learn, adapt and think differently in new and better ways.
9. Recognition of Asia Pacific University (APU) Courses in Malaysia
Besides, being awarded the MSC Malaysia status for Institutions of Higher Learning is a recognition and testimony of APU’s contribution to Malaysia’s Digital Economy through IT professionals with industry relevant and immediately employable skills upon graduation.
In 2017, APU is also recognized as one of the Premier Digital Institute of Higher Learning (IHL) by the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC), in which the university is now open to more opportunities from the government and the industry through exclusive collaborations, internship and job placements etc.
APU’s academic programmes are approved by the Ministry of Education of Malaysia and the qualifications are accredited, or provisionally accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA). This means that the courses at APU are recognised worldwide for employment.
10. Opportunity to Participate in Competitions
It costs money to participate in competitions, meaning that APU has invested money for her students to gain invaluable experience through these important events. As a student of APU, you will have the opportunity to participate in competitions if you are good and should you win, it will add value to your resume. Future employers will look favorably to outstanding students with top academic knowledge and practical experience.