An Important Guide on Why & How to Choose the Best Private University in Malaysia for Cybersecurity
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Trojan Horse, Worm, Bot, Botnet, Denial of Service Attack (DoS) Hacking. Malware. Phishing. Spoofing. Ransomware. Spamming and Clickjacking. What are all these bizarre sounding terms? The topic of cybersecurity is sweeping the world by storm with some of the largest and most advanced companies in the world falling victim to cyber-attacks in just the last 5 years.
Cybersecurity is very much a global issue. In Malaysia, specifically, cybercrimes have increased at an average of 10,000 cases per year. The threats have become increasingly sophisticated making the need for qualified cybersecurity experts to grow exponentially in Malaysia. Indeed, the job demand for cybersecurity professionals and their salary has grown incredibly in the past few years.
However, a degree programme in Cyber Security or Computer Security is not easy to study therefore students should choose top universities in Malaysia with a proven track record. The best private universities in Computer Security or Cyber Security will ensure that graduates will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to handle the complexities of the job which will result in an excellent career.
You may also be interested in:
- Job & Salary Trends for Cybersecurity ICT Professionals in Malaysia According to PIKOM
- Study the Best Cyber Security Degree Course in Malaysia
- Top Universities in Malaysia Best for Computer Cyber Security Degree Course
- Top 10 Universities for Computer Science Degree Courses in Malaysia
- Fastest Pathway into Malaysia’s Top Private Universities to Study Computer Science or Software Engineering with the Foundation in Information Technology (IT)
- Job Demand & Salary for Cyber Security Specialists in Malaysia
- 13 Top Technology Courses Malaysians Must Study to Land Jobs of the Future
For more information on private universities offering cybersecurity course contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Why Choose the Best Private University in Malaysia to Study Cybersecurity?
Choosing a university is important as it will help to shape your mind, character and help you to develop the necessary skills for a successful career. Therefore, not all private universities are the same. You should not choose a university because it is the cheapest, easiest and nearest. It should be based on which university that best fits your needs.
In addition, the university that you study that course at also plays an important part in helping you to gain the knowledge and skills to perform well in your career and earn a high income. Studying at the top ranking private university in Malaysia for cybersecurity gives you a lot of opportunities in your future professional life. Top universities provide a high standard of education that equips you well for your future career.
Furthermore, a degree earned at a reputable university in Malaysia makes seeking employment much easier whether locally or globally. Part of finding the right college or university in Malaysia for you will be picking out the criteria that matters to most to you, and then seeing if any of the top private colleges or universities in Malaysia that you’re looking at fit those criteria.
Malaysia’s best universities in Computer Security or Cyber Security will ensure that graduates will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to handle the complexities of the job which will result in an excellent career.
How to Choose a Top Private University in Malaysia to Study Cybersecurity
Choose a Private University whose Cybersecurity degree is accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)
- Check to make sure that the foundation, diploma and degree programmes are accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA). Taking a professional certificate course with a title “diploma” would not allow you to continue on into a degree programme accredited by MQA.
Ensure that the Cybersecurity Lecturers are Qualified & Experienced
- Students should look at the qualifications of the lecturers at the university.
- How many are PhD and Master degree holders?
- How many years of experience do they have in teaching cybersecurity?
- Are the lecturers mostly part time or full time? If the university has mostly part time lecturers, then you won’t be able to find them any time during office hours for assistance or advise.
- Experienced lecturers would be able to guide students to achieve academic success.
Quality of the private university in Malaysia for Cybersecurity
Many students make the mistake of just listening to advertisements or friends without checking the information. Students should make decisions based on facts and evidence choosing universities that have a proven track record.
- One of the ways to show that a private university has achieved a high standard of quality is Malaysia Ministry of Education’s SETARA rating system. Private Universities are rated from 1 to 5, with 5 being Excellent.
- To ensure that future graduates are able to meet the nation’s digital economy demands, the Ministry of Education and MDEC designated some universities in Malaysia as Premier Digital Tech Institutions. These academic institutions are capable of providing students with first-class theoretical and practical training, giving them a head start in the digital ecosystem. Premier Digital Tech Universities are Malaysia’s leading digital tech-focused tertiary institutions. The PDTIs have a proven track record in producing high quality graduates for digital tech-based high value jobs, via cutting-edge research and education policies, strong industry linkages, and career development and placement services.
- In addition, look at the number of awards that the university and its students have won in competitions related to Cybersecurity & Computer Science. To win award shows that the student has reached a high level of capability as well as that the lecturers have the experience to equip and guide them.
What is the reputation of the private university in Malaysia for Cybersecurity?
Some students prefer famous universities instead of universities that are recognised in that field of study. A famous university may not be good at cybersecurity and have no proven track record in it. Although the “famous” university may have a top ranked UK Dual Award degree or high brand recognition, if they do not have the experience or expertise, you may not be fully equipped to face the challenges of your job in cybersecurity.
Instead, choose a private university that has years of experience offering the cybersecurity degree programme as well as computer science. Look at what makes the private university famous for cybersecurity. Check out the facilities.
What are the Cybersecurity Facilities Available at the Private University?
Does the private university that you are looking at have technologically advanced facilities and software in cybersecurity? Specialised Cybersecurity labs and software will greatly enhance your learning experience and set you apart.
What is the Student Culture & Make up of the Student Body at the Private University
- The overall culture of your college may play as big a role in your future success as your degree. Figuring out what’s important to you will help you narrow the field when choosing a private college or university in Malaysia, and you may discover some options that hadn’t even been on your radar!
- Many students have chosen the cheapest private university to study, not taking into consideration the important skills that they could have gained from a better university. Higher education is an investment for a better future that takes sacrifice.
- It is important to choose a private university in Malaysia that has an English-speaking environment, students who are ambitious and serious about studies, and a globalised student body. Mixing around with international students will help to improve your English language skills and understanding of different cultures.
- Some private universities in Malaysia are known for their focus on lifestyle or known as party universities. There is nothing wrong with choosing them if you are able to control yourself. If not, you have to consider that this could affect your future.
- A private university that has a diverse student body with many international students would help students to improve their English-language and cross-cultural communication skills. With globalisation, many top companies in the world are looking for professionals who are dynamic with strong management skills to lead a globalised work force.
Campus resources & Support Services at the University
- Students should visit the universities campuses to look at the labs, libraries, sports facilities, etc. While visiting, you can also get a feel of the student culture to see if it fits you.
- Does the private university that you are interested in provide support services for students in times of need? Some private universities provide qualified and trained psychologists to help students with their problems and counsel them.
- An active Student Affairs Department would have a lot of extra-curricular activities providing for a vibrant university life. Strong student clubs and societies would help build important skills such as leadership, communication, teamwork, problem-solving and creativity.
- The Accommodation Department would assist students with options for on-campus and off-campus accommodation.
Talk to a Knowledgeable & Experienced Education Consultant
Choosing a the right university to study cybersecurity in Malaysia takes time, it is a process in finding out which university in best for you. You need to talk to the right counselors who are knowledgeable and experienced.
A knowledgeable counselor would be able to provide detailed information about the course, facts & evidence to support the job prospects for the course and in-depth information about which university would be suit you.
Furthermore, an experienced counselor would be able to analyse your results, understand your personality & skills to figure out whether the cybersecurity course and career suits you.
A knowledgeable education consultant means that he or she would know the entry requirements, course details, in-depth knowledge of the hundreds of courses out there, career prospects, job demand, professional recognition requirements, accreditation, best universities for the course, and other information that would help a confused student to make the right choice.
While an experienced education consultant would have had counseled hundreds of students analysing their personalities and skilfully guiding them to the right course and university.
At EduSpiral Consultant Services, I have worked in the private higher education industry in Malaysia for more than 20 years advising students with facts and evidence on how to choose the right course. WhatsApp 01111408838 for further advise on how to choose the best private university in Malaysia to study cybersecurity.