World Top Ranked Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka Offers the Best Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) (Data Communications and Networking) in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Multimedia University (MMU) in Malaysia is ranked in the Top 300 QS World University Rankings in Computer Science and Information Systems, 2017. Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya offers award-winning, practical and industry-ready degrees that will allow you to make a real and lasting impact as an ICT specialist.
Top Ranked Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka offers the Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) (Data Communications and Networking).
Students after SPM or O-Levels in Malaysia with at least 5 relevant credits can enter the Foundation in Information Technology course at Multimedia University (MMU) in Melaka. Upon completion of the recognised Foundation in IT, students will continue on to the Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) (Data Communications and Networking) degree programme at theFaculty of Information Science & Technology at MMU Melaka campus. Alternatively, students with at least 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels may go for the Diploma in Information Technology (IT) and then continue on to the final part of the degree upon completion. Students may apply for PTPN Loan for the Foundation in Information Technology as well as the diploma & degree programmes.
Multimedia University (MMU) is ranked 179th in Asia according to Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University rankings for 2018. Having won hundreds of awards, Multimedia University (MMU) offers the best courses in Information Technology in Malaysia. Therefore, it is undeniably the best university in Malaysia for students to study the Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) (Data Communications and Networking) degree that’s also affordable. 97% of Multimedia University (MMU) students are employed within six months of graduation.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Outstanding Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) (Data Communications and Networking) Degree Course in Malaysia at Top Ranked Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka
Data Communications and Networking graduates are expected to possess the knowledge and skills necessary to design, build, maintain and manage network and communication systems in any organisation.
Therefore, this three-year Data Communications and Networking degree programme at MMU Melaka will educate them on the core components of communication, such as Internet Computing, TCP/IP Programming, High-Speed Networks, Client Server Computing and Real-Time Systems. Our Data Communications and Networking graduates would be able to branch into any area of communications and apply the knowledge they have acquired in network technology and telecommunications.
Career Prospects: System Programmer, Network Engineer, Network Administrator.
Entry Requirements for the Data Communications & Networking Degree at Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka
- Pass Foundation / Matriculation in a related field from a recognised institution, and a credit in Mathematics at SPM Level or its equivalent;
- OR Pass STPM / A level or its equivalent with 3 Principals inclusive of Mathematics, and a credit in Mathematics at SPM Level or its equivalent;
- OR Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least five (5) subjects inclusive of Mathematics and English;
- OR Pass Diploma in a related field from a recognised institution with minimum CGPA of 2.50, and a credit in Mathematics at SPM Level or its equivalent;
- OR Pass any other Diploma in science and technology or business studies from a recognised institution with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process.
*Candidates with CGPA below 2.50 but above 2.00 may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process.
List of Subjects offered in the Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) (Data Communications and Networking) at Multimedia University (MMU) at Melaka
Year 1 Data Communications and Networking Degree Subjects at the Faculty of Information Science & Technology Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka
- Mathematical Techniques
- Computer Programming
- Database Systems
- Operating Systems
- Discrete Mathematics and Probability
- Computer Architecture and Organisation
- Data Communications and Networking
- Ethics and Professional Conducts
Year 2 Data Communications and Networking Degree Subjects at the Faculty of Information Science & Technology Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Object Oriented Programming
- System Analysis and Design
- Computer Networks
- System Administration and Maintenance
- Technopreneur Venture
- Human Computer Interaction
- Information Assurance and Security
- Web Techniques and Application
- System Integration and Architecture
- Routing and Switching
- Industrial Training
Year 3 Data Communications and Networking Degree Subjects at the Faculty of Information Science & Technology Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka
- TCP/IP Programming
- Network Security and Management
- Cloud Computing
- Integrative Programming and Technologies
- High Speed Networks
- Mobile and Wireless Communications
- Real-Time System
Elective Subjects (Choose any 4)
- IT Project Management Methods and Tools
- Organisational Behaviour
- Marketing and E-Commerce
- Applied Cryptography
- Information Theory
- Artificial Intelligence Fundamentals
- Expert Systems
- Information Systems Audit
- Knowledge Management
Why Study Information Technology at Award-Winning Multimedia University (MMU) in Malaysia
Both Multimedia University’s Faculty of Computing & Informatics and Faculty of Information Science & Technology incorporate industry-led curriculum so you will gain not only technical knowledge and skills, but also relevant soft and management skills. Many of the lecturers are professionals and specialists in their fields who will be able to impart real-life experience and solutions to your learning.
Multimedia University (MMU) also has strong collaborations with global industry leaders who are ready to share their knowledge of cutting-edge innovative technologies to keep you up-to-the-minute with current and future industry needs. MMU was the first private university approved by the Malaysian government.
Multimedia University’s collaboration partners include multinational corporations such as Microsoft, IBM, Dell-EMC, Cisco, Oracle, Intel, Cloudera, Nokia, EC Council, Google, Sun, Novell, Shell, BT, Celcom, CA, and Motorola. Through such partnerships, our staff and students are able to leverage on the latest technologies driving the Malaysian and global ICT scenes.
To give MMU students an extra edge in the job market, the university also conducts numerous professional certification programs via learning centers such as the Microsoft IT Academy, the Cisco Networking Academy, the Oracle Workforce Development Programme, the Cloudera Academic Partnership Programme, the Sun Academic Initiative and the Novell (Micro Focus) Academic Training Partner.
Vendor academy programs (Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, Novell/LPI, Juniper, IBM). Industry-linked Final Year Project. Lectures/Seminars by Industry Partners Visits to IT companies. Incorporation of industrial-standard software and tools in the course content Participation in competitions (e.g. programming competitions)
A study by Gartner and MSC Malaysia found that Multimedia University (MMU) is among the top five universities preferred by major ICT players for graduate employment – a testament to the quality of MMU’s academicians, curriculum, student development programmes and our solid reputation with the industries.
In this constantly evolving digital world, Information and Communication Technology is more important than ever. As ICT continues to transform the way people communicate, learn, work and play, the career prospects for IT graduates are both diverse and rewarding. Whether it’s Bioinformatics or Data Communication, Artificial Intelligence or Information Technology Management, a degree from MMU will definitely hold you in good stead for the future.
The Best Reasons to Study Computer Science & Information Technology at Multimedia University (MMU)
- Ranked World’s Top 300 University for Computer Science & Information Systems
- Academically and professionally certified lecturers (CCNA, CCNP, MCP, MCTS, MTA and Java)
- One of the best teaching labs in private universities, equipped with world-class research and teaching facilities such as SMART and Innov8 labs
- Strong collaborations with multi-national companies such as Cisco Networking Academy, Microsoft IT Academy, Oracle Workforce Development Program, Novell Academic Training Partner, Linux Professional Institute and EC-Council
- Forefront Curriculum Design and Industry Placement Opportunities to bridge academic studies with practical experience
- Be part of a globally ranked university that is listed in the Top 200 QS World University Rankings and continues to strive with solid breakthrough to be at the 179th spot in QS Asia University Rankings.
- Study alongside 1,500 international students from more than 70 countries.
- Experience the best and latest technologies from MMU’s collaborations with major ICT players such as ZTE, Nokia, Intel, Microsoft, Cisco and Motorola.
- Get exposure to some of the best practices of the world’s best universities such as MIT, Stanford, Carnegie Mellon, Harvard, USC and Tokyo University.
- Be enthused with Start-up Schemes from the Entrepreneur Development Centre (EDC) to encourage innovation and entrepreneurship ventures.