Course Details, Intakes, Entry Requirements & Fees for the Hospitality Management Degree at First City University College
The BBA Hospitality Management Degree programme at First City University College (First University UC) equips students with knowledge and industry-relevant management and operational skills for the global hospitality and tourism industry. Students will undergo internships where they will gain hands-on experience with First City UC’s industry partners-leading hotels, travel agencies, event companies, F&B outlets and entertainment service providers.
In addition, First City University College is part of the Bandar Utama City Group that owns two hotels in Bandar Utama, namely One World Hotel and Avante Hotel. Therefore, graduates of the Hospitality Management Degree from First City University College are assured of a job upon completing the course. Furthermore, students will gain practical real life skills as they will use the facilities of the world class hotels.
Students after SPM or IGCSE/O-Levels with at least 3 credits can start with the Swiss Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism Management in First City University College. Upon completion of the 2-year diploma programme, students will enter into Year 2 of the BBA Hospitality Management Degree for another 2 years.
With First City University College’s recent collaboration with Hotel and Tourism Management Institute Switzerland (HTMi) students who have successfully completed their 3-year course in hospitality and tourism management will be awarded two diplomas:
- One from First City University College known as Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management, and
- One from HTMi known as Diploma in International Hotel and Tourism Management (upon completion of coursework set and assessed by HTMi)
You may also be interested to read:
- Job Guarantee with Hotel Management Diploma & Degree Programmes at First City University College, Malaysia
- Affordable Swiss Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism Management in Malaysia at First City University College
- Swiss Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism Management with Job Guarantee at First City University College in Malaysia
- Course Information for the BBA Hospitality Management Degree at First City University College, Malaysia
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Find Out More About the BBA Hospitality Management Degree at First City University College
The BBA Hospitality Management programme equips students with knowledge and industry-relevant management and operational skills for the global hospitality and tourism industry.
Students will undergo internships where they will gain hands-on experience with our industry partners-leading hotels, travel agencies, event companies, F&B outlets and entertainment service providers.
First City University College is part of the Bandar Utama City Group that owns two hotels in Bandar Utama, namely One World Hotel and Avante Hotel.
The Hospitality Management Degree programme objectives are to:
- Equip students with hospitality management knowledge and skills for today’s dynamic and challenging hospitality and tourism industry.
- Equip students with skills in event & recreation management, hotel & resort management, tourism planning, cross-cultural management, and marketing.
- Equip students with communication, teamwork, leadership, entrepreneurial, social and problem-solving skills.
- Produce graduates who can work globally and engage in research and life-long learning.
Intakes for the diploma are in February, June and September of each year
BBA Hospitality Management Subjects at First City University College
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Professional and Academic Development 1
- Introduction to Finance
- Introduction to Hospitality Industry
- Business Law
- Professional and Academic Development 2
- Business Communication
- Tourist Behaviour
- Management Accounting
- Operations and Project Management
- Research Method
- Tour Planning and Operation
- Housekeeping Operations
- Food and Beverage Service Management
- Human Resource Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Tourism Planning and Impacts
- Front Office Management
- Catering Management
- Tourism and Recreation Management
- Ethics in Business
- Tourism and Hospitality Entrepreneurship
- Global Cross-Cultural Management
- Contemporary Issues In Tourism
- Events Management 1*
- International Tourism and Hospitality Marketing Planning*
- Strategic Management in Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality Project
- Essentials of Services Operations
- Hospitality Service Quality Management
- Sustainable Tourism*
- Tourism and Hospitality Facilities Management*
- Industrial Work Experience
- STPM – Minimum 2Cs and a pass in Mathematics and English in SPM
- UEC – Minimum 5Bs (including English)
- GCE A-LEVEL – Minimum 2Es
- FOUNDATION / MATRICULATION – Pass with minimum CGPA 2.0
- DIPLOMA – Pass with minimum CGPA 2.0
- OTHER QUALIFICATIONS – Equivalent qualifications which are recognized by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency
Entry into our full-time/part-time Master in Business Administration (MBA) programme with special Alumni tuition fees.
- Hotel & Resort Management
- Food & Beverage
- Event Management
- Travel & Tour Management
- Entertainment & Recreation
- Marketing and Sales Management
Study at the Affordable First City University College
First City University College (First City UC) is a private higher education institution established in 1990 by the First Nationwide Group, First City University College has a purpose-designed, fully equipped campus with sports and recreational facilities, and located on a 13-acre site within Bandar Utama.owner and developer of the 1000 acres fully integrated township/commercial district of Bandar Utama. It was formerly known as KBU International College until it was upgraded to University College status in 2015.
There is ample studio space, up-to-date computer hardware and software, print studios, workshops, photo labs, and a range of other equipment to facilitate students in their projects. First City University College has everything an art & design student needs to equip him/her with the skill sets required of a professional designer.
Sports and recreational amenities will include indoor basketball court, futsal court and also, dance and drama studio. The new hostel will be able to accommodate over 900 students.
Students at First City University College will, therefore, receive a holistic education. The main objective of FCUC is to provide higher education opportunities to young Malaysians and foreign nationals in a wide range of academic and professional fields such as Engineering, Computing/ICT/Software Engineering, Hospitality, Tourism, Business and Art & Design. Quality education is the hallmark of FCUC with the intended outcome of producing highly employable graduates in a knowledge-based economy.
In line with First City University College’s mission of providing Quality Education and achieving a high level of employability of its graduates, the University College collaborates with established universities in the United Kingdom to offer 3+0 degree programmes, as well as professional bodies and established examination bodies.
Quality education at First City University College is further underpinned by the university college’s compliance with the requirements of the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and the constant monitoring carried out by the College’s very own Quality Assurance Department and FCUC’s foreign university partners.
From EduSpiral’s experience, FCUC offers very affordable certificate, diploma, degree and postgraduate programmes that are supported by excellent facilities. Their fees are inexpensive compared even to some shoplot colleges! Students are definitely getting more than their worth at First City UC.
Excellent Facilities at First City University College
First City University College campus has a built up area of 250,000 sq.ft. and has a comprehensive range of facilities for students.
There are seven Engineering Laboratories, which are well-equipped to meet the stringent requirements of First City University College’s Partner Universities and The Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
The engineering laboratories include the Digital Power & Control Laboratory, the Microprocessor & Electronic CAD Laboratory, Mechatronics Laboratory and Electronic Design Automation (EDA) Laboratory. The Computer Centre maintains the campus-wide network based on the Windows platform. In the E-Info Lab, students enjoy high speed access to the Internet and its resources.
Wireless connection to the campus network has been installed and implemented. The Centre also houses the Multimedia Laboratory, Macintosh Laboratory and CAD Laboratory. There are two digital language labs equipped with 50 microcomputers installed with CD-ROM based programme-ware for English learning.
State-of-the-art Video Conference facilities allow students to follow lecturers from First City University College foreign partner universities in UK for some programme modules.The Art & Design facilities include the Print Studio, Art & Design Studios, Photography Studio and 3D Design Studio. The Hospitality & Tourism facilities include a training restaurant, mock hotel room, food production lab and commercial kitchen. Students attend lectures in spacious lecture rooms and lecture theatres.
The University College has a well-stocked and ISO certified Library. It provides seats for 260 users. The Library is well-equipped with individual study spaces and discussion rooms. It has a wide range of books, reports, periodicals, and company annual reports, covering all disciplines of study in the College. A fully-equipped multimedia room is available for students to use the CD-ROMs and other non-print materials in the Library.
With increasing student population, we work towards fulfilling our mission to provide the best teaching and learning facilities, we embarked on a Phase II campus expansion. The new 350,000 square feet new building – almost twice the size of and located adjacently to the current premise – houses additional lecture rooms, studios, seminar rooms, workshops, state-of-the-art laboratories, an IT Centre, a library and a MBA Centre.
Faculty of Design and Built Environment moved to its new home in the academic block which features the White Canvas Gallery to showcase its students’ projects and portfolios. The other two faculties – Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences and Faculty of Engineering & Computing operate in the existing premise. The Creative Stove, a shop where Design students’ handmade products and artworks are put on sale also found their new home in the new environment.
State-of-the-art facilities for the whole campus include:
- E-Info Lab
- Multimedia Laboratory
- Macintosh Laboratory
- CAD Laboratory
Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Training Restaurant & Kitchen
- Mock Hotel Room
- Front Desk Counter
Other learning facilities
- Spacious lecture rooms and theatres
- State-of-the-art video conference facilities
- ISO-certified library
- Multimedia room
- MBA Centre
Common Facilities at First City University College
- Lecture Hall
- Counselling Area
- Student Services Department
- Main Hall
- Lecture Rooms
- Indoor Car Park
- Reception Area
Sports And Recreational Facilities at First City University College
- Multi-Purpose Hall
- Badminton Courts
- Football Field
- Basketball Court
- Volleyball Court
- Music Room
- TV Lounge
- Table Tennis
- Student Lounge